No announcement yet.

The Nox (107)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a wonderful episode. The Nox are the best. I really like this episode. I saw an episode of star trek kind of like this but this is a way better interpretation. Powerful race, absolute pacifists. Lot's of memorable lines in this one. I will leave you with this:

ANTEAUS: "Our ways have served us for as long as our people have lived."
    O'NEILL: "But they didn't know you existed before. Once they know they will enslave you."
    ANTEAUS: "We are slaves to no one."

Comment

Fort Nox gets an absolutely new meaning in this episode. A great one! Too bad Apophis got remote-cloaked just in the best moment. But then he'd have died too easily. And seeing Quark in this hot hairstyle ... a must-see!

Comment

We all have been discussing what happens if Apophis/Anubis/Ori/Big green monsters pick on the Nox, but I've just got another idea. Goa'uld could be crazy now and then, but who said they're dumb? Thanks to SG-1, Apophis learns of the Nox and I doubt he's unable to add two and two and figure out that they could do more tricks than just hide and seek games. Suppose his memories stay intact because the Nox are pretty sure that even if they're jumped by the snakeheads, they can just avoid them easily, so they do not care or it ain't in their way or something. But then let's also consider the fact that more than violent, the Goa'ulds are power hungry. Anubis even managed to ascend to harvest some more knowledge and power. I sincerly doubt that Apophis has no idea about what happened back then. So, if I were Apophis, my first notion would of course be to knock the twighaired people dead, but after a bit of thinking I'd rather try to capture one alive and squirm into his brain, looking for some of those neat tricks I saw. Now imagine what would happen if the experience gained from the millions of years of evolution and advancement of one of the Great Races gets into the Goa'uld hands after one or two of the Nox get possessed?
        Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vagabond Serpent View Post
          Suppose his [Apophis'] memories stay intact because the Nox are pretty sure that even if they're jumped by the snakeheads, they can just avoid them easily...
          Why wouldn't they stay intact?

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I read here there that many people assume that the Nox erased his memories whatsoever.
            Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

I would love to know what that device anubis used (on thor and daniel) would do if HE managed to grab a nox.

Comment

Something terrible I'd guess...

sigpic

Comment

But i was wondering would it give him knowledge on how the Nox do their healing/raising people from the dead? Would it allow Anubis to have done the same?

Comment

I believe it could... Cause he still was a Goa'uld and they can scan host's brain for all the knowledge needed.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      I would love to know what that device anubis used (on thor and daniel) would do if HE managed to grab a nox.
                      He used it on Jonas Quinn, too.

Comment

This is so frustrating! The pacifist nature of the Nox drives me nuts. Even after being told about the Goauld's aggressiveness they didn't appear concerned. I'm very glad it ended well though.

Comment

The Nox are by far the fluffiest, most cutest race ever invented in the world of Stargate. Who wouldn't have taken Nefreyu home...

It's rather amusing how the secretary wants others to share technology that he would not share himself. They obviously do not live by the same rules, so it's refreshing to see that the Nox teach them that the young do not always do as they are told, and that patience is a true virtue. You need to learn first, before you can obtain.

And you just know the moment they decide to switch from chasing the fenri to chasing Apophis, the team's in for some trouble.

I really like the colors of this episode, rich green of Vancouver forests. The humidity gives it an extra feel of pure nature. I also really like the setdressing of the Nox huts.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Alpaca View Post
                            This is so frustrating! The pacifist nature of the Nox drives me nuts. Even after being told about the Goauld's aggressiveness they didn't appear concerned. I'm very glad it ended well though.
                            If I could do what they do I don't think I wouldn't be so concerned either... They can hide well, bring things back to life etc... I think the only danger to them IS the fact they're so self-assured...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                            "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                            a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Not sure if anyone knows this, but why was this moved to episode 12 on the DVD set?

Comment

Difference between production and airing order
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X