No announcement yet.

The Nox (107)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this episode, but hate the knox. Just like I hate the tolans. Both of those civilizations are just as guilty as the Gao'uld. And in the long run it is what did in the tolans. If they would of taken out the Goa'uld when they new they could, many millions of lives would of been sparred.

Comment

Really like the Nox as a race. Although every time I watch this ep, it bugs me that they don't just tell SG-1 'we can protect ourselves, we're actually more advanced than you think we are, now get yourselves out of harms way, silly humans.' ...or something to that effect It just seems like if they wanted them to leave so much, that would have been the easiest way...

Comment

Originally posted by Starfox1313 View Post
        I love this episode, but hate the knox. Just like I hate the tolans. Both of those civilizations are just as guilty as the Gao'uld. And in the long run it is what did in the tolans. If they would of taken out the Goa'uld when they new they could, many millions of lives would of been sparred.
        the nox are passafists, and to their point of view that would involve having to distroy another race. as for the tolans they should have, but they too didn't want to intefer with other races or give technology.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc View Post
          Really like the Nox as a race. Although every time I watch this ep, it bugs me that they don't just tell SG-1 'we can protect ourselves, we're actually more advanced than you think we are, now get yourselves out of harms way, silly humans.' ...or something to that effect It just seems like if they wanted them to leave so much, that would have been the easiest way...
          Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Luv the Nox

Good episode. Like the Nox costumes. Don't remember if we ever see skak'l again as part of apophis' jaffa.

Wish we saw more of the Nox throughout the series. I think we see them only one other time.

Comment

That's where all begin for me with Stargate SG1. I mean from this episode I started to like the series, but I was hooked/addicted to it from The Fifth Race.
              Anyway, this was really great episode. Even the climate was right to portrait The Nox. Very calm, relaxing It is one of the favorite episodes, because the episode's problems were solved not by SG-1 or other human team, but by Nox. That is what I wanted to see much more in other episodes, not humans saving much more advanced civs a**s but other way round. And the whole episode shows that humans are really really young and primitive. Like people saying oh there are no life on other planets or there are no aliens and stuff. Are we all knowing to state that? Oh there are no aliens who would visit earth to study us or to observe. If you don't detect them or see them, does not mean they are not there. I am not saying that opposite is true, but just don't think it is not possible

Originally Posted by shelsfc
              Or they could have sent SG1 back straight away. I think they did not want to get rid of us, I think as a very advanced race, they still wanted to see what we are like. They definitely know who we are, being in the gang of 4 great races and all, and they were just interested how far we've come. They did not show it to us.
              I don't agree with others who think that Nox or Tolan should have come in and kicked Goa'uld to the corner of the galaxy saving millions of lifes. It is just how we think, save everyone. From our point of view they might be wrong by not interfering, from their point of view, we are wrong by disturbing Goa'uld. Maybe Nox evolved to the point where they do not concern themselves with material things, are not concerned about outside stuff. Look ancients killed themselves as a race because they experimented with stuff, Asgard disappeared because they tinkered with their genetic code and pursuing technological ways. I think Tolan got done by Goa'uld because they were still very young compared to Nox, or Asgard to be that ignorant of others. The Nox are so much further advanced than Tolan that they could afford themselves being ignorant of other civilisations primitive like Earthlings. And being out of site and not interfering with other civs matters is what kept them alive for so many generations up to this day. To be honest I wasn't big fan of Tolan myself, as they were only couple of hundred years further advanced than us, yet they treat us like very very primitive race, while Nox being 10s of thousands or even 100s of thousands years more advanced than us referred to us as young and tried teaching us something while remaining polite, not like Tolan posh divas
              Jack: 'The very young do not always do as they're told. It's a little something once The Nox told me one time... Something worth taking home.'
              That coming from Jack a military guy in that team shows that they are eager to learn and we have strong bases for the series.
              Last edited by muziqaz; 07 August 2011, 02:16 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lookupwardsnshare View Post
                <...>Like the Nox costumes.
                <...>
                Wish we saw more of the Nox throughout the series. I think we see them only one other time.
                Yes costumes were great, and during the most of the episode it was raining, so those hair decorations still remained in tact
                And regarding their appearance in other episodes, I think writers of the SG1 wanted to remind us that Nox are not very outgoing, thus keeping their ways in their own planet.
                sigpic

Comment

Not far into the ep and we get a bit of comedy already.

Daniel: Like a Humming bird?
                  Teal'c: With teeth

It's funny how the Jaffa are such terrible aim. And then Apophis gets the staff weapon and hits everyone with terrific accuracy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by muziqaz View Post
                    Yes costumes were great, and during the most of the episode it was raining, so those hair decorations still remained in tact
                    And regarding their appearance in other episodes, I think writers of the SG1 wanted to remind us that Nox are not very outgoing, thus keeping their ways in their own planet.
                    But they're very friendly and trusting...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
                      Not far into the ep and we get a bit of comedy already.

Daniel: Like a Humming bird?
                      Teal'c: With teeth

It's funny how the Jaffa are such terrible aim. And then Apophis gets the staff weapon and hits everyone with terrific accuracy.
                      lol ...and that's why he's (was) the boss...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                      "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                      a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by lookupwardsnshare View Post
                        Luv the Nox

Twice that I recall.
                        Spoiler:
                        The Nox named Lya briefly appears at the SGC to help the stranded Tolons. Later, Lya serves as a judge for the triad that hears Skaara's case on Tolona.
                        Last edited by Brother Freyr; 09 August 2011, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
                          But they're very friendly and trusting...
                          Yes, they are, but not that much to us
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by muziqaz View Post
                            I mean from this episode I started to like the series, but I was hooked/addicted to it from The Fifth Race.

Or they could have sent SG1 back straight away. I think they did not want to get rid of us, I think as a very advanced race, they still wanted to see what we are like. They definitely know who we are, being in the gang of 4 great races and all, and they were just interested how far we've come. They did not show it to us.

Jack: 'The very young do not always do as they're told. It's a little something once The Nox told me one time... Something worth taking home.'
                            Classic Episode! Easily in top 10 for Stargate History. Not because of the Goaul'ds awesome aim with a staff weapon but because of the mythology and ambiguity within the story and culture, costumes, performances, tone, set design. It's all beautiful.

The quote above sums up the entire franchise i think. We track Earths progress from a position of a wandering child to that of a leading elder. Nice allegory.

In hindsight (I have rewatched this episode many times now) I find the Dramatic Irony created from the Nox's power and knowledge being kept from SG-1 a great story element.

Nit pick: SG-1's ambush was laughably poor and borderline inept. The Goauld's accuracy is typically laughable.

But my biggest annoyance with the episode arises from the issues we learn about later in the series. Apophis is meant to be a God, whose power and knowlege is unquestionable by the Jaffa. Why then do they not questions Apophis's inability to capture or understand the Invisible Fenrii?

"The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” - Henry David Thoreau

sigpic

Comment

One more question: Why didn't Goa'uld ever tried to destroy the Nox planet from space? Apophis knew planets location, so why not send could of motherships to destroy that what is unknown and impossible to challenge. Afterall, Apophis himself was pwnd by The Nox when they sent him through the gate out of the planet
                              sigpic

Comment

But the Fenri weren't a threat to Apophis and if he could somehow get their ability he would be a very lucky Goa'uld. So, why destroy a planet that has a creature on it you can benefit from and that doesn't seem to be harming/threatening you?
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X