No announcement yet.

The First Commandment (105)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder.. if during their search for ZPms they ever thought to go back to that planet to see if that 'shield' device had one, and if so how charged it was..

Comment

I like this episode. It creates a great spooky atmosphere in the forest. It shows that religion can be used for bad things. I wonder if they make new people go with more psychic evaluation before joining SGC after this.
      For Sam not shooting Jonas, I think it much more difficult to kill someone who you actually know. I like that Jonas is saying to Sam basically that she is naive and inexperienced. In the first season the whole SG-1 is naive going from planet to planet telling people to bury the gate and that they “will be fine”.

Comment

Originally posted by AsgardGirl View Post
        It shows that religion can be used for bad things.
        Sadly, we don't need a television series to know this is true.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I don't like the idea that people have that of blaming religion for problems. Religion is an idea people use for good or evil. Without it people just another idea to gain power
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Oh dear. Still, at least the people got rid of their so-called god on their own...
            sigpic

Comment

Carter's worst choice - gone.
              SG1 very preachy, not my favourite.
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

Did something happen between Carter and Jonas between the scene where he takes the gun from her and the scene where he's leading her out of the cave? He clearly weakened her resolve in that scene; who knows what else he could have gotten her to do. Then there's these lines when he shows her the device:

CARTER (snorts) You never cared about my coming here because you wanted me, Jonas. You just wanted me to figure out how to turn this thing on for you.

HANSON Oh, no. That's not true. (He puts his hands on her arms, staring at her) I sincerely hope that one day, you will agree to be my goddess.

Why would she have said that unless he had given her a reason to believe that he had wanted her? I don't recall him saying anything to the effect. Sounds like they may have done something between the scenes, and now she's questioning him on it.

Thoughts?

Comment

What do you think happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Claire98909 View Post
                    Did something happen between Carter and Jonas between the scene where he takes the gun from her and the scene where he's leading her out of the cave?
                    No.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      No.
                      He did take her gun, so something must have happened between scene in the cave, and the scene walking out.

Amanda was told to relinquish her gun to the other actor, after which they were told to get back into position and stop joking around. Then there was an ACTION-call and they walked out, all serious again and in the zone.*

* This is not what actually happened, I'm just making stuff up. However, I'm fairly sure that the switching off the gun probably did go that way, albeit I'm not sure about the continuity of the filming. I guess, it would have been filmed out of order as the cave is probably a stage set while the forest is obviously somewhere in the forests of Vancouver.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        He did take her gun, so something must have happened between scene in the cave, and the scene walking out.

Amanda was told to relinquish her gun to the other actor, after which they were told to get back into position and stop joking around. Then there was an ACTION-call and they walked out, all serious again and in the zone.*

* This is not what actually happened, I'm just making stuff up. However, I'm fairly sure that the switching off the gun probably did go that way, albeit I'm not sure about the continuity of the filming. I guess, it would have been filmed out of order as the cave is probably a stage set while the forest is obviously somewhere in the forests of Vancouver.
                        Then how do you explain her saying (in a slightly miffed tone, btw) "you didn't care about me coming here because you wanted me, Jonas"? In order for her to say that, he would have had to give her an indication that he wanted her.

Comment

I always figured that Hansen lured them there by letting one of the men at the start escape, knowing that that man would go back and SG1 would come to stop him. He wanted help in translating some images and he needed 'outside help' so that the people who were worshiping him would not lose faith in him. There is history between Hanson and Carter as they talk about it and she says "You knew I would come, didn't you?" ...which makes me think he wanted to prove himself to her - based on the other part of the conversation "And you never thought I'd amount to anything. Quite a leap, isn't it?"

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                          "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                          a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

This was basically stargate meets apocalypse now. There's a good episode to be had in that, unfortunately this isn't it. It just feels too early in the show's run for sgc members to go native and just makes me wonder what the sgc's recruitment policy was like in those days.

There was also a lot of what tv tropes call " early instalment weirdness" in regards to sam's character, with things that just don't fit with the way she developed. Like her being "the healer of the emotionally wounded" and a engagement that was never mentioned again, not even when they brought in a regular character with the same first name as her fiancé.

It's funny to think that this came from the man that became, arguably, the show's best writer.
                            Last edited by lgm89; 08 February 2016, 11:53 AM.

Comment

He had to start somewhere, didn't he.

Comment

Yeah I chalk that up to teething problems.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                                "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                                a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Working...
                                X