No announcement yet.

The First Commandment (105)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody is perfect and there is always trial and error, isn't there?
    And I'm not sure if we can take Hanson's words that seriously, he was crazy IMO.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Comment

He (and the show) certainly got a lot better, but it's funny looking back on it now and realizing how much of a rough start it was at times.

Comment

I think one of the most fun things is to take those character bits from the first season that they dropped later, and try to make them fit into the canon as it developed. Without being too twisty about it. However, there are some things that you just can't make fit.

I do think you can make Jonas fit, as a relationship Sam had when she was young and unsure of herself, but I don't think you can make all her actions in this episode fit.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Teal'c's drawing and the 'thank you' he gives when complimented has got to be the funniest scene in Stargate I have seen in ages. Teal'c - you make me laugh.
          Hi, I'm currently working on a new Thread called...
          Stargate SG-1 Season 11 and Onwards

Come and take a look in the Fan Fiction section if you are interested!
          Current Episode - 11x08 - "Abduction"

Comment

Originally posted by Stargatefan99 View Post
            Teal'c's drawing and the 'thank you' he gives when complimented has got to be the funniest scene in Stargate I have seen in ages. Teal'c - you make me laugh.
            Heh, this reminded me of Jack's remark about the Unas cave art Daniel mentions in "Beast of Burden"... makes me laugh too.

Comment

This one and Cold Lazarus are not my favorite episodes of the season.

I can't find anything interesting about a guy who believes himself to be some kind of savior, who, with the power he gains over people who are well and truly still believing in fairytales, abuses that same power to turn into a fullblown psychopath, ruling by fear.

The Goa'uld did build a clever contraption to protect the people from the radiation of the sun, but then I realized they pretty much rehashed that whole idea in Atlantis' season 1 Childhood's End, and the episode was well and truly ruined. I can't be sure, but I actually think they even used the same design or even the same prop in SGA (which would surprise me since props usually didn't last long or were reused to build other props).

Anyway, then there's also that sudden notion that Carter was engaged to this crazy crackpot Captain -- I'm sorry guys, but I'm just not buying that.

All in all, if this episode hadn't existed, that would have been fine by me.

The one bit that did make me smile -- Teal'c having to work on his "friendly" face.

How would you rate SG-1's "The First Commandment?"

Excellent
              Good
              Fair
              Poor
              Terrible
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yea.. This ep was one of the poorest of S1..

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  This one and Cold Lazarus are not my favorite episodes of the season.

I can't find anything interesting about a guy who believes himself to be some kind of savior, who, with the power he gains over people who are well and truly still believing in fairytales, abuses that same power to turn into a fullblown psychopath, ruling by fear.

The Goa'uld did build a clever contraption to protect the people from the radiation of the sun, but then I realized they pretty much rehashed that whole idea in Atlantis' season 1 Childhood's End, and the episode was well and truly ruined. I can't be sure, but I actually think they even used the same design or even the same prop in SGA (which would surprise me since props usually didn't last long or were reused to build other props).

Anyway, then there's also that sudden notion that Carter was engaged to this crazy crackpot Captain -- I'm sorry guys, but I'm just not buying that.

All in all, if this episode hadn't existed, that would have been fine by me.

The one bit that did make me smile -- Teal'c having to work on his "friendly" face.

How would you rate SG-1's "The First Commandment?"

Excellent
                  Good
                  Fair
                  Poor
                  Terrible
                  It think the Goa'uld stole the shield tech from some ancient ruins which is why they made it similar to the one in Atlantis. Most season 1 episodes for me were mostly...meh.
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

I have to agree with FH. Not so much that Carter was engaged to a crazy person. I can buy that as she wouldn't be the first woman to be blinded by a man's flaws. I have a hard time believing that the SGC would have 2 mentality unstable people on a team. The people who work at the SGC are supposed to be the best. It's a hard time believing Hanson got around that. If wasn't for the premise it wouldn't be a bad episode. I can see Jack fighting an alien man pretending to be god for example.

Also, is their a show filmed in Canada that Roger Cross isn't in?

This gets a poor
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                      It think the Goa'uld stole the shield tech from some ancient ruins which is why they made it similar to the one in Atlantis. Most season 1 episodes for me were mostly...meh.
                      That could work as an explanation, I guess.

Bringing forth the quiz for this round of episodes.

And another puzzle --> The First Commandment

Good luck!

Comment

Think aretood has me beat this time. This puzzle took me 10 minutes and 44 seconds
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I should really solve my own puzzles... ...and see where I rank.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Think aretood has me beat this time. This puzzle took me 10 minutes and 44 seconds
                            11 Minutes....>.>
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

My dominance continues
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X