No announcement yet.

The Enemy Within (102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just started re-watching SG1 and I watched The Enemy Within today. I believe this episode is a great one to ease into the first season. After Children of the Gods, the Goa'uld seem all powerful. This episode shows through the fact the immature symbiotic Goa'uld could not maintain control over Kawalsky. All in all a real episode favorite of mine!

Comment

Those were the days when there was still talk about the embarcation room, the self-destruct activated every time an incoming wormhole was established, guards rushing forward in case the titanium shield wouldn't hold... Kennedy talking about how America is the only important part of the world when he discusses the threat-level with Hammond (...our country has ever seen -- no mention of the world whatsoever).
      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 16 May 2013, 05:55 AM. Reason: spelling error
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

definitely an interesting episode post pilot but it was sad to see Kawalsky go. i would've liked to have seen him interact with all of the SG-1 members through the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          definitely an interesting episode post pilot but it was sad to see Kawalsky go. i would've liked to have seen him interact with all of the SG-1 members through the years.
          I would've too. He would have also made a great lens through which to explore Jack's psyche, given their pre-existing friendship.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
          sigpic
          now also appearing on DeviantArt
          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Dramatically it makes sense - we needed to see just how evil, threatening, manipulative and insidious the Goa'uld were, which this episode delivered beautifully - but I suspect it would also have been much more powerful to have lost Kawalsky to the Goa'uld later in the season, after the audience had got to know him better and formed an attachment.

It's still in my top three episodes though.
            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
            sigpic
            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

No, I'm glad they offed Kawalsky. Don't get me wrong, I like the character and was pleased to see him return briefly in POV. However, if Kawalsky had stayed it would have turned in the Jack&Kawalsky show or he would have ended up like Ferretti (forgotten after season one).
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                Dramatically it makes sense - we needed to see just how evil, threatening, manipulative and insidious the Goa'uld were, which this episode delivered beautifully - but I suspect it would also have been much more powerful to have lost Kawalsky to the Goa'uld later in the season, after the audience had got to know him better and formed an attachment..
                like they did on SGA with Ford (except with the enzyme not a Goa'uld)?

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Season 1, disc 1, episode 2. I have mixed feelings about this episode. It (unlike the pilot) sowed the seeds of a lot of things that became canon (Charlie's friendship with Jack, Jack's humor in dire situations, the naming of the DHD). On the other hand, I think it would have been nice if this were a little farther into the season. Say, episode four or five. That would've given us time to see the friendship between Jack and Charlie, and would have provided opportunities for an immature Goa'uld to attempt to sabotage the SGC (providing a episode arc).

Seaboe
                  If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I don’t know why I remembered this episode as boring one. And it is actually were interesting one. It is direct continuation of the pilot. It has more exposition on goa’ulds. It explains how Teal’c became part of SG-1. I was interested in Kowalski fate and I wish he didn’t, even I knew he will. Actually the first time I saw this episode I was really surprised that Kowalski died, I was thinking that he will be one of the regular character in the show.

Comment

I wondered why they decided to kill of Kowalski as well..

Comment

They did bring him back in S08... briefly. I believe that was in Ripple Effect.

Comment

Wrong. It was Moebius. I believe the reason TPTB said the reason they killed Kawlasky was to show how threatening the Goa'uld were
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

He also appeared in The Gamekeeper (s2x04) and Point of View (s3x06).
                            sigpic

Comment

I thought he also showed up in ripple effect.?

Comment

He did not
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X