No announcement yet.

Children of the Gods (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have another question. Remember how Kwalsky got the Symbiote in him from the dying jaffa. How come we never see any Symbiotes do that now?

Comment

Everyone aims for the pouch now. When ever Jaffa get show, you ALWAYS see them hit in the pouch. But they didnt know about that back then.

Edit: I think its sad that we both have to have disclaimers in our sigs.
      FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

LOL yea that is pretty bad. Its not for this forum YET. But some people take things to seriously.

You never see them shoot at the head. Of course that my become to bloody for TV if they did.

Comment

They always go for the lower part of the chest though, never the upper part.
          FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Originally posted by Im_just_guessing
            They always go for the lower part of the chest though, never the upper part.
            Easiest place to put the squibs.
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Does anyone know the names and/or ranks of the five soldiers/airmen who were playing cards at the beginning of the episode?

Comment

My friend lent me the season 1 box set so I finally saw Children of the Gods. And then decided to watch a couple of scenes again, and ended up seeing the whole episode twice in a row!

Things i love about this episode (roughly in chronological order):
                1. Jack's friendship with Kawalsky. They work so well together - it was kind of bittersweet in retrospect, knowing what would happen to Kawalsky.
                2. When Hammond was sending the bomb through. Jack: "There are innocent people on that planet." Hammond: "There are innocent people here!" Lol - i'll have to think about that one.
                3. Meeting Sam Carter. I had just watched mobieus
                Spoiler:
                so i got the "Just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside - what kind of person would actually say that?" joke completely the opposite way round to everyone else!
                But honestly, who actually says "It is appropriate to refer to someone by their rank, not their salutation?! She deserved the CaptainDoctor joke.
                4. Sam to Daniel: "I knew i'd like you"
                5. Daniel's speach on leaving Abydos - so sad, so sweet, so Daniel.
                6. Daniel and Jack's conversation at Jacks house. I loved Danny's "This beer's going straight to my head". Although on closer viewing i realised we hardly see him drinking any, he just waves the bottle around a lot!

I think this episode establishes the characters and relationships really well.
                Last edited by hermajesty; 03 March 2005, 10:46 AM.

McKay: In military parlance surprise... is an element on our side.

Comment

Originally posted by yabrefstank
                  If you've ever read the novel "The Price You Pay", this can be considered "confirmed" that Apophis possessed the "portable DHD" technology. In the story, SG-1 visits a planet in which Apophis' goonies regularly visit to "take" some of the humans as a willing sacrifice to become Jaffa or other slaves of Apophis. The twist is, SG-1 gets stuck on this planet without a DHD and so they find out from the other humans that Apophis leaves the planet by way of a handheld DHD. SG-1 has to find some way to get one of these devices so that they can leave.

The book series has showed that Apophis did indeed have that sort of technology on his hands (we just haven't seen it on TV)

So I have come to the conclusion that Apophis uses one of these in COTG to dial up the gate again...
                  The Jaffa could have dialed out manually, it would not take any longer than two or three minutes.
                  End Transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by hermajesty
                    3. Meeting Sam Carter. I had just watched citizen joe
                    Spoiler:
                    so i got the "Just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside - what kind of person would actually say that?" joke completely the opposite way round to everyone else!
                    But honestly, who actually says "It is appropriate to refer to someone by their rank, not their salutation?! She deserved the CaptainDoctor joke.
                    Wasnt that Moebius Part 1?

Comment

Originally posted by Im_just_guessing
                      Wasnt that Moebius Part 1?
                      Yes, it was.
                      End Transmission.

Comment

Not Citizen Joe.

Comment

Sorry guys, you're right. Twas mobieus. I'll edit the post.

McKay: In military parlance surprise... is an element on our side.

Comment

[QUOTE=but how the hell did Apophis and Te'alc dial the gate to leave earth in the teaser ??[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by Whistler
                            I'm not sure, but I think Apophis had a hand dial thing which he used to get back, I'm not totally sure though.

My son wondered about this too. Did the wormhole ever disengage, or was it open the entire time the Goa'uld was in the SGC? If that's the case, then the show broke canon by having people go the wrong way through the wormhole (coming TO earth and then LEAVING earth in the same wormhole).

Comment

Originally posted by hermajesty
                              My friend lent me the season 1 box set so I finally saw Children of the Gods. And then decided to watch a couple of scenes again, and ended up seeing the whole episode twice in a row!

Things i love about this episode (roughly in chronological order):
                              1. Jack's friendship with Kawalsky. They work so well together - it was kind of bittersweet in retrospect, knowing what would happen to Kawalsky.
                              2. When Hammond was sending the bomb through. Jack: "There are innocent people on that planet." Hammond: "There are innocent people here!" Lol - i'll have to think about that one.
                              3. Meeting Sam Carter. I had just watched mobieus
                              Spoiler:
                              4. Sam to Daniel: "I knew i'd like you"
                              5. Daniel's speach on leaving Abydos - so sad, so sweet, so Daniel.
                              6. Daniel and Jack's conversation at Jacks house. I loved Danny's "This beer's going straight to my head". Although on closer viewing i realised we hardly see him drinking any, he just waves the bottle around a lot!

I think this episode establishes the characters and relationships really well.
                              Another thing I loved was Carter's MacGyver reference after arriving on Abydos.

She was examining the DHD on Abydos with a look of awe:
                              Carter: Amazing. This is what was missing from the dig at Giza. This is how they controlled it. It took us 15 years and 3 superconductors to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

That line cracks me up...

...but then I'm easily amused...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I like how Oneill just dismisses the MacGyver remark with a yeah whatever...

Comment

Working...
                                X