Children of the Gods (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
    Hello, I've just re-watched COTG, for the first time ever!!!! I know crazy, I know every other episode basically by heart, but never got to watch this one, so I bought S1...

The first thing question that I ask and I hope you can help me is, at the begining, when Apophis came into the SGC, how did he dial out?
    And that is the question of mystery of Stargate.

Comment

As Greytop put it - it's the mystery of Stargate.

Now you can either assume - one Jaffa dialled out manually - or they had a device not seen again with any Goa'uld that opens the gate in similar fashion to the Asgard (Small Victories) and Cassandra device (1969).

I think this question needs to be asked to TPTB at the next convention if the opportunity arrises.

Comment

Thanks! nice to know that I'm not alone

And it's a mystery

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
        Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

i love this episode, its one of my favorite... i have seen it 20-30 times

there is so many good scenes...

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
            All I know for sure is Marines don't salute indoors unless under arms.. And then there are all the rules about what is and is not indoors, regardless of if you happen to be inside or outside of a building.
            The pilot is the one and only episode which did not have an AF advisor. If you watch the rest of the eps, you will note that they never, ever salute indoors again. You will also note that as the show went along, the advisor(s) got stricter about what they'd blow the whistle on--e.g. Janet's hair in S1 is too long; female hair may be any length, but must be worn in such a way that it doesn't brush the collar. IOW, short like Carter's or up in some fashion not likely to come out or fall apart while on duty.
            My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
            -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
            -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
            -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
              Hello, I've just re-watched COTG, for the first time ever!!!! I know crazy, I know every other episode basically by heart, but never got to watch this one, so I bought S1...

The first thing question that I ask and I hope you can help me is, at the begining, when Apophis came into the SGC, how did he dial out?

I too have wondered this. Many a time we've been told that matter cannot travel both ways through a worm hole. Maybe Apophis had a hand held device similar to Cassie's (1969) but lost it, therefore never being able to use it again.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
              NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
                I too have wondered this. Many a time we've been told that matter cannot travel both ways through a worm hole. Maybe Apophis had a hand held device similar to Cassie's (1969) but lost it, therefore never being able to use it again.
                Two words: plot hole

For what it's worth, I don't think TPTB had entirely gotten all of the physics of the 'gate worked out yet. The first couple episodes have a few minor discrepancies, among them odd characterizations and wonky storylines that occured as the writers tried to find their sea legs.

Plot hole is two words, right?

Comment

Here's another question I've just thought of while watching the first scene of Children of the Gods for the *cough*100th time...

Why was ther a ramp already set up? I mean, as far as they were concerned, it was just an obscure piece of something they were guarding...it seems odd that there'd already be a ramp in place when Apophis and friends come through the first time...

I'm just sayin'...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

i thought for a starter episode (pt 1) it was not a great hit but WOW! it sure turned into a great show!
                    "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

I really noticed how they chopped minutes out, now that I have the DVDs. I'm fine with losing the nudity scene. But there were at least a couple of nice character moments cut out.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        Here's another question I've just thought of while watching the first scene of Children of the Gods for the *cough*100th time...

Why was ther a ramp already set up? I mean, as far as they were concerned, it was just an obscure piece of something they were guarding...it seems odd that there'd already be a ramp in place when Apophis and friends come through the first time...

I'm just sayin'...
                        Because if Apophis's first intro to the show was him falling out of a wormhole followed by an avalanche of very suprised Jaffa [], the audience would have a very hard time taking him seriously for a single show, let alone multiple seasons.

Comment

I noticed that too. The scene I missed was, what I call is, the moonshine scene.

Comment

LOL, I saw SHA'RE's muff and boobies. Poor daniel. I would hate if everyone saw my wife nude.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

I'm just sayin'...

The ramp was there from the first mission to Abydos, the movie. Most likely it was left in place.

Comment

Originally posted by divcon

Hello All. Like every other fan of the show I too have wondered at this and thought the same thing in regards to the hand device. Ijust watched it again and the worm does close after Apophis steps through. After the shoot out I believe he orders his jaffa to manually dial the gate. Just one more meaning of "jaffa kree". Either that or they used the hand held device that you see one of the jaffa pick up before they leave.
                                Teal'c "I killed you"
                                Daniel "Why?"
                                Teal'c "You were a Go'uld spy"
                                Daniel "a good reason"

Comment

Working...
                                X