This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pol View Post
    So...did I miss the party? Today was Nikola Tesla's birthday! I bet Jack sent Sam flowers. In fact...

Cute ficlet.

Oh, and Google is celebrating his birthday.

Comment

*pops back into thread*

*looks around*

*realizes it really has been a long time since being in the family thread*

*realizes it's dinner time and that Eureka will be on in less than an hour*

*pops back out*

Disclaimer: Yes, I do know I wrote this tiny and in a cream color...
      sigpic
      Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

HAPPY GW ANNIVERSARY NELL!!!
        CONGRATS ON 12,500 JUMBLE!!!

Great ficlet Pol and *sniff* Amanda

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
        I was just watching old SG-1 promos on the MGM site, loved the WoO one. Don't know how to post a direct link and I'm still going over rest of the promos.

*loves that place*

Edit: "The Broca Divide" and "Grace" both showed S/J kissing. MGM must know that Sam/Jack sells.
        Yup Which is a good sign for movie 3!

So...I've been thinking (I know...dangerous proposition). I was writing my Seth Campfire last night and a random thought popped into my head. I know...you've probably all discussed this ad infinitum, especially when JennF was still around (sniff).

But, here it is.

Threads. Sam Carter screws up her courage and goes to talk to O'Neill.

How huge is that? Really!! I mean, Major Doctor Samantha -I -never -violate -regs -Carter decided to not only vocalize what we all know she's been feeling since, oh, about Season 1, episode...1?, but she chooses to do so with the very man she shouldn't!

She wouldn't even talk about it with Janet, her very best girlfriend, or to Daniel, her second-best girlfriend (you know what I mean, not in a pejorative way).

But she decides she's going to talk to him. To finally, once and for all, let him know why she's got this "big, huge" feeling that it's all a mistake.

Then, later, when SHE comes out and spoils the moment (though even if SHE had stayed inside, Jack would have hemmed and hawed, because he knew SHE was in his house, but anyway...) Sam decides - despite having not gotten any answer at all from Jack...to break things off.

But for me, the significant thing is that Samantha Carter made an active decision to cross that line.

That, to me, was confirmation that she still loves him. When he then comes to her and says "Always," he is doing the same thing - confirming that he loves her.

Honestly, in my heart I know that they're together now, from that point on. The physical stuff came later, off screen, but from that point on, they're together.

Okay, back to the paid writing and back to the post-Seth story.

Oh, and lastly...I greed you, Joe, but publically - THANKS for taking the time to pull those Bloopers. I spent an hour watching them all from the cool, new MGM site but having them on my machine is better.

Wouldn't it be a great idea to let MGM know just how much we all appreciate them rebuilding the site and adding the SG1 stuff for us? Sort of a 'let 'em know we're here, we're alive and kicking' and we still really, really love SG1, and especially Sam and Jack!' A little positive feedback goes a really, really long way. Especially to the bean counters.

I sent them a note this morning.
        Yes! And yes

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
        *pops back into thread*

*looks around*

*realizes it really has been a long time since being in the family thread*

*realizes it's dinner time and that Eureka will be on in less than an hour*

*pops back out*

Disclaimer: Yes, I do know I wrote this tiny and in a cream color...
        WELCOME BACK KIM!!!

You didn't think we'd let you get away with that did you?
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post

Great ficlet Pol and *sniff* Amanda

Yup Which is a good sign for movie 3!

Yes! And yes

WELCOME BACK KIM!!!

You didn't think we'd let you get away with that did you?
          yeah...nothing gets by our sensors.....

Comment

(snipped)

Honestly, in my heart I know that they're together now, from that point on. The physical stuff came later, off screen, but from that point on, they're together.
            i agree.

but let's SEE it. hearing it, like their friends confirming their married or something is great, but SEEING the togetherness is even B.E.T.T.E.R.

*sighs*

Wouldn't it be a great idea to let MGM know just how much we all appreciate them rebuilding the site and adding the SG1 stuff for us? Sort of a 'let 'em know we're here, we're alive and kicking' and we still really, really love SG1, and especially Sam and Jack!' A little positive feedback goes a really, really long way. Especially to the bean counters.

I sent them a note this morning.
            how exactly do we do that?

i'll let them know how much i enjoyed the amanda and amanda-rick ones, but that i'd also LOVE to see the deleted scenes of the 12 takes of the 'grace' kiss! (or hint about putting that on a dvd... like the 3rd movie special section, 'the evolution of the sam carter and jack o'neill relationship'. )

*more sighing*
            sally

sigpic

Comment

argh, i can't take this boredom! (and black background )

i'll post something shippy and then leave. my poor eyes can't take anymore!

anyhoo...

sam, jack, and the sg1 gang are out for dinner at a restaurant. someone says something, which makes sam or jack say something, which starts off a small argument between sam and jack. in front of everyone. no ones ever heard sam talk back to jack before.

so anyways:

1- what was said and who said it?

2- who replys (sam or jack) and what is said?

3- what's the argument about?

4- how does it end?

i'll be back tomorrow to view the answers.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

anyhoo...

sam, jack, and the sg1 gang are out for dinner at a restaurant. someone says something, which makes sam or jack say something, which starts off a small argument between sam and jack. in front of everyone. no ones ever heard sam talk back to jack before.

so anyways:

4- how does it end?

Argument... hmmm, interesting. All couples get into arguments at some point (and it would be interesting to see these two get into one since they have SO much baggage...).

I have a hard time thinking that they could end up in an argument in public, even around friends. I mean, I don't get into full fledged arguments with my husband - we might say something snippy, but it's usually glossed over and handled later, privately.

Imagining them having an argument at home is much more doable. First, there are two types of arguments - the kind that you have just because you're having a bad day (and the husband left his shoes in the middle of the floor AGAIN) and the kind that you have because there's a deeper issue.

I'm sure Sam would get royally p'oed at the number of bottle caps she keeps finding under the couch...

But for a serious argument, I would say it would come down to Jack's lack of communication. His inability to address the topic of their non-relationship even when Sam is willing to cross the line definitely has roots in regs but there's also a level where he's not comfortable with it. Talking about himself is difficult and I have no doubt that no matter how much he loved Sam, it wouldn't be natural for him to just open up and she would be left feeling a little bit like she's on the outside.

Sitting here talking about it rationally we'd all say, sure, they're rational people, they'd sit down and have a conversation - real life intervenes, however - we all get pissed (remember when Sam got all crazy when Jack was with Maybourne?) and we all do irrational things. Sam would want to talk, Jack would want to hide. They'd say some things they didn't mean, he'd go to his room and steam, and then later Sam would approach him with a compromise. He'd work on it, she'd be patient. She'd probably do most of the talking though

While some might say it would jump into the gutter right afterward - from my own personal experience, sometimes you're just too tired after the argument and you're just happy you're getting along that you opt for some ice cream instead and call it a night!

Comment

WELCOME BACK KIM!!!!!

anyhoo...

so anyways:

4- how does it end?

I have to say that I can't imagine them having an argument beyond

Jack.

Sam.

Jack!

Sam!

And so on... I believe like any couple they would have to have their share of fights but I just can't imagine what about. But I CAN imagine how it would end!

kissykissykissygutterkissyinkissykissykissybedkissykissykissykissy

Oh, but I have a great fic rec about that... which I can't really find right now. lol

EDIT: I still can't find it, but Here's a little one that's worth re-visiting. Fluffy.
                  Last edited by Devilish Me; 11 July 2009, 12:21 AM.
                  sigpic
                  Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post

WELCOME BACK KIM!!!
                    From me too!

how exactly do we do that?
                    Somebody, quick, think of something!

sigpic

Comment

From me too!

Somebody, quick, think of something!

... darn it... my brain's not working! *feels like Homer*

A thought. I think RDA is kissing AT's temple on the new picky. That's so sweet.
                      sigpic

Comment

anyhoo...

so anyways:

4- how does it end?

Okay...I've done my best and this is what I've got with answers:

1 - Sam gets incredibly annoyed about about Jack's scruffy lifestyle

2 - Jack replies and says that he leaves things out so he can get back to them easily

3 - Sam thinks Jack is still living the life of a bachelor i.e. squeezing toothpaste from middle of the tube, leaving the toilet seat up, leaving dirty boots on kitchen floor, leaving recently caught fish on the kitchen work surface instead of the refrigerator (I can recognise my own faults )

4 - Sam belts Jack across the back of his head VERY hard. It hurts. Sam feels bad...Jack apologies. Sam apologies. Things happen. I'll leave the end of this to those with the ability to imagine and/or write fanfic.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Hey, my black background has little Stargate symbols in it now! Breaks up the black a little.

Anyway
                          sigpic

Comment

Hmpf, GW is so grey now, can't use pictures with round edges anymore.
                            sigpic

Comment

And I thought it was just my windows theme. lol
                              sigpic

Comment

don't ya just love it when GW tries to fix things that ain't broke?

Comment

Working...
                                X