This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    Aww... you guys are making me feel all warm and fuzzy due to the whole name thing. Really, the idea of actually seeing/hearing someone calling Sam ''O'Neill'' is just so darn fluffy...

They often say ''What's in a name?'' but in this case, it would say so much that I might hurt myself Squeeeing.

Oh and TR, you go girl! Awesome sigs!
    Oh!! You just gave me an idea so I can get unlucky and have 14 sigs!! Thanks!!!
    sigpic
    Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
      Oh!! You just gave me an idea so I can get unlucky and have 14 sigs!! Thanks!!!
      http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g4...allenge714.jpg
      Gosh you're fast. I like it.

Another random question.

I know Teal'c has found himself in our discussions lately but, since he calls everyone else by their full name eg DanielJackson, SamanthaCarter, why do you think he just calls Jack, 'O'Neill' ?
      sigpic
      sig by Mada
      As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
        I agree.

But wouldn't it be nice to see a scene with Sam in her old lab, Teal'c comes and stands in the doorway and says "O'Neill." Sam turns to Teal'c and says "Oh, he's not here yet Teal'c." Teal'c then raises the eyebrow, gives her a little smile and she say "Oh, right, you meant me." and smiles a little shlyly.

**hmmm**
        Haha, I love this idea!

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
        Samantha Lynn

Because that was one of my college roommate's name. My other roommate was Elizabeth... Which means we had a rather funny set of names, all together.

Now that is random.
        (what's even MORE random is that they, along with my cousin Cassie, were the bride's maids at my wedding, and the MotB was Janet... Which has often struck me as being a rather bizarre coincidence.) Don't know any Teyla's or Vala's, though. But who does?

Um.. On topic:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...ngton2copy.jpg

Been meaning to repost that one for a while even though I couldn't get the colors quite right
        I'd be fine with that name too! (Lynn's my middle name!)

I love that pic!

Originally posted by VSS View Post
        Except there's too much overlap between her professional and personal lives, IMHO. The people are all still the same...

I think she'd stick with Carter, just from a practical standpoint. Also, I often wonder if Jack isn't going to just call her Carter until the day he dies. I think I picked that up from the wedding scene in 200. He makes her call him "Jack," but he still calls her "Carter."
        Oh completely agree. In fact, I'd be really sad if Jack just completely started calling her "Sam". "Carter"'s become so normal to both of them!

I could definetely also see a "Sir" slipping out of Sam's mouth occasionally!

Exactly. When she's just the woman in to buy bait who happens to also be an Astrophysicist and an Air Force General.

And I bet if they call her Mrs. O'Neill she doesn't correct them, either.[/COLOR]
        [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]"Do you have any more of those ?"

"Yeah, sure, you betcha, Mrs. O'Neill. Now, you make sure'n have a good day, ohkay?"[/
        COLOR]
        Are you making fun of us Minnesotans?!?!

We are the butt of sooo many jokes, and I've never even met someone in this state who talks like that! Darn that stupid movie "Fargo"! It created such a bad impression of us!
        sigpic
        The Return of King Arthur
        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Sanctuary - SciFi Wire: Exclusive: New Sanctuary Title Video!:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....43&postcount=1

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
            We are the butt of sooo many jokes, and I've never even met someone in this state who talks like that! Darn that stupid movie "Fargo"! It created such a bad impression of us!
            ROFL. No. To be honest, I was afraid it would come across as too "Wisconsin", because I was actually doing an almost straight imitation of my brother and sister-in-law from Sheboygan. For some reason, my husband's sister and her husband are the only two in his family with really strong regional accents.

Of course, most of the thread which has no idea what we're talking about is scratching its collective heads going, huh? Cause if we were in Europe, there'd be two nations between us!

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post

Not bad. I wonder if it's Olivia in the pic? Probably not though.

I'm out Shippers and no pc this weekend so I won't be able to catch up till Monday. I can just imagine the number of pages I'll have to go though.

Oy.

Have a great weekend.
              sigpic
              sig by Mada
              As a matter of FIC

Comment

ROFL. No. To be honest, I was afraid it would come across as too "Wisconsin", because I was actually doing an almost straight imitation of my brother and sister-in-law from Sheboygan. For some reason, my husband's sister and her husband are the only two in his family with really strong regional accents.

Of course, most of the thread which has no idea what we're talking about is scratching its collective heads going, huh? Cause if we were in Europe, there'd be two nations between us!
                Haha, that's funny!

As much as I hate the jokes, I love accents, so my friends and I will talk in Minnesotan accents sometimes, just for the fun of it!
                sigpic
                Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

I'm out Shippers and no pc this weekend so I won't be able to catch up till Monday. I can just imagine the number of pages I'll have to go though.

Oy.

Have a great weekend.
                  It's an awesome title video IMHO. and I don't know if it's Olivia or not. depends...if they have an episode where they had to hire a younger looking Ashley, I would say yes, but only for that intro scene, I think it's Olivia then...

Reminds me of my latest sanctuary wp: (spoilers for OT):

Spoiler:

(click on it for larger view)

Have fun this weekend!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post

I like it, but didn't they already show it with last week's ep? It's not really a exclusive premiere if it's already premiered.

OT: Anyone else having trouble with ImageRotate? I just signed up, but my sigs were working, now they aren't.
                    sigpic

Comment

*nods* If not three! And all different languages... In here if you want to hear a total different accent you only have to travel 30 min or so...if you don't want to understand the accent then it's more then an hour...

Sam & Jack O'Neill
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                        I like it, but didn't they already show it with last week's ep? It's not really a exclusive premiere if it's already premiered.

OT: Anyone else having trouble with ImageRotate? I just signed up, but my sigs were working, now they aren't.
                        They did show it last week

And sorry not using that.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah I'm only using one, gave up on imagerotate or clintonio
                          no doubt it'll come back in a little while, it always does
                          sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Oy.

Have a great weekend.
                            This looks like the opening sequence we have already for Sanctuary here in the UK...? I'd already wondered if that little girl was Olivia

Maybe someone else from the UK will know?

I'm enjoying it so far, and amazingly I'm not seeing Sam Which also means I'm not looking for Jack. But I have to say I'm glad she's calling Druit 'John' and not 'Jack'. That would have been too weird.

Comment

Today's Random Off-Topic yet Stargate related Trivia (related to the outgoing episode of the week):
                              Spoiler:
                              Wayne Brady and I were born on the same day. That day is exactly one decade before the day Jewel Staite was born.

Now, don't I feel special And a bit old

And, being On Topic:

Was rewatching 48 Hours. I always forget about that wonderful scene between Sam and Jack when he can't help her solve her problem.. and offers her coffee instead. Of course, what he's really giving her is moral support.. and it's just so sweet *sigh*

Comment

Okay I know I'm going to get plenty of flames for this, but I can take it so i just thought I'd ask-

Isn't there a Sanctuary thread? And an AT thread?

Because honestly, to me, posting about Sanctuary here is like jumping into the "Save SGA thread" with "Why I Love SGU" stuff. It really is. This is one of the last places on GW where we can just talk about Samantha Carter.

Just trying to preserve my little happy shippy corner of the Universe, that's all. I don't mean to offend Sanctuary fans in the least, and I don't care about sigs and such, that's all up to the individual, obviously.

Comment

Working...
                                X