• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I'm outta here, y'all. I'll visit again during daylight hours soon.
        sigpic

Comment

Ok so SGA!!

Spoiler:
          Anyone Notice any more Jack like tendencies *raises hand i did!*
          First Caliing Radak "Doc" when he got thrown against the Transporter wall, then the Pigeons *sigh* good episode, don't know why but i laughed for more of it lol
          Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
          Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Weather OT:
            Spoiler:
            Originally posted by Mrs Caldwell View Post
            LOL
            Here is a picture of my street spoilered for size.
            Oh, that's awful! And I was feeling terrible about the snow, but at least that stays outside and only melts slowly! I'd take a picture, but it's -20F(almost -30C) outside atm without the wind and I ain't gonna go outside!

Hope you and yours make it through relatively safe and dry! *hugs from winter*

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
              Spoilers for AOT
              I never though TPTB would put
              Spoiler:
              Sam/Cam together. I just do not want to see that scene. We got very little Jack/Other over the years. I'm not sure why we have to have soo many Sam/Other scenes. Even if it's a freindship scene. TPTB were almost implying Jack had very little interest from other women besides Sam and Sam had all these other men to choose from besides Jack. I also never thought the Sam/Jack Ship has sunk. I'm just concerned it's taking a very long time and I do not want to lose interest. It's not easy for me since I do not watch Atlantis and I stopped watching SG-1 in Season 9. I've been around since Season 1 soo it's been a bit of a wait. I understand other have gone through the same thing. If I have upset anyone with being negative I have no problem with saying I'm sorry.
              For those not reading spoilers, Ses was concerned, generally, that over the years Sam seems to have had lots of relationships - even just friendly ones - with a lot of guys and Jack hardly seems to talk to other women.

I think that may just be perception, ses. Cause there have been a lot of 'other women' in Jack's life outside the SGC. And lets face it, especially when Jack was at the SGC, there was Sam, and there was Janet. There are a LOT of men at the SGC, however, for Sam to be friends with and have scenes with. So your probably right, Sam has had more interactions with other men, but that's probably because she's surrounded by them on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
                Okay, I've been corrected: Bro-in-law tells me its the British version of the SAW, called a MINIMI.
                If your generally curious about SAW, if I remember correctly it's Squad Automatic Weapon, but I could be wrong. If you're really interested I could ask hubs when he wakes up, he was an SF weapons NCO and knows way too much about that stuff. He'd also know exactly what MINIMI stands for... But if I ask him, I'll probably end up with WAY more information than anyone could every possibly want to know!

And. I have Evolution slides from way back when, though I'm probably too late:

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                  We can only speculate what that third "hot" thing was that Jack was looking forward to...but since he's not the type to randomly pick up women, we can only assume that there's only one person he would even consider in that context...especially considering that he just told Weir that next time she really should bring Carter. So I'm reading between the lines here and assuming, based on this evidence, that he was heading home to Sam.

Kinda makes me smile....
                  Oh, I agree. And I also think, along with his fidelity, he's also very discreet. Never does he seem to type to brag or be obvious when he's in a relationship. So his comment to Weir seems doubly significant in the fact for the first time he doesn't seem to be hiding the fact he's going to have.. um.. female companionship. He may actually be proud of the fact.

And my thoughts on Evolution, as well as all my slides, will follow slowly

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                    And I'm back. Officially off the clock. Did everyone leave?
                    I was having trouble with GW again

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                    If your generally curious about SAW, if I remember correctly it's Squad Automatic Weapon, but I could be wrong. If you're really interested I could ask hubs when he wakes up, he was an SF weapons NCO and knows way too much about that stuff. He'd also know exactly what MINIMI stands for... But if I ask him, I'll probably end up with WAY more information than anyone could every possibly want to know!

And. I have Evolution slides from way back when, though I'm probably too late:

ROFL!!!
                    sigpic
                    Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
                      Thats a good explanation but then again I'm still wondering/thinking:

Spoiler:
                      Why doesn't she want everyone else to know. I think Sam also is sure enough of herself that she wouldn't care anymore what others think of herself, if it would have been in S1, yes then she would have cared, but now, no.

Yes it can be weird she married her former CO. but that's her own thing, that's her life...plus what you say its a symbol of love, so I would wear it. Also now she is in Atlantis, she almost doesn't go offworld anymore, so if she would do it for that, that doesn't apply anymore(atleast almost not)

I think if they would have been married now for 2 years or so, that she would be sure enough to wear it, that is why I'm doubting lately more and more, if she and Jack really gotten married before she came back in S9...I'm starting to think more and more...that it just happened...but then again, they are married IMHO, and that's what counts

APA again, GW is doing weird to me, and I couldn't quote the post. But first thanks for answering.

Yes it could indeed be that the power thingie blew up or something like that and that they can't use it now anymore.

Also you can be correct that Hammond just kept a close eye, and didn't do anything about it, since they functioned very well as a team(hey they saved the world, what...8/9/10 times) You are right, I think he has known, but because SG1 is so important that he didn't do anything about it!

That reminds me of why Sam or Jack didn't resign earlier on to get together, they both found the mission to kill/destroy the Goa' uld so important that it became before there own happiness, and that is why IMHO they waited that long...even with the whole debacle etc...

BTW, I got the feeling that I'm a little bit very chatty today
                      I read a very plausible explanation for that in SqueeG-1's Christmas story. In fact, when I read her reasoning, I thought, "Dang! I wish I'd written that!" Here's the link, in case you didn't get a chance to read it last month:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3960853/1/Tis_the_Season

Enjoy. Besides the explanation that we've already heard, that she doesn't want anyone to think
                      Spoiler:
                      she got the Atlantis command, or any other preferential treatment because of Jack's job,
                      this is the best explanation I've heard. In fact, I think it's a better explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                        I read a very plausible explanation for that in SqueeG-1's Christmas story. In fact, when I read her reasoning, I thought, "Dang! I wish I'd written that!" Here's the link, in case you didn't get a chance to read it last month:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3960853/1/Tis_the_Season

Enjoy. Besides the explanation that we've already heard, that she doesn't want anyone to think
                        Spoiler:
                        she got the Atlantis command, or any other preferential treatment because of Jack's job,
                        this is the best explanation I've heard. In fact, I think it's a better explanation.
                        ITA with the bolded part. I Hope that
                        Spoiler:
                        He encouraged her to do it if she was second guessing herself.
                        Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                        Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
                          I hate to nag as well but... I've put this person on ignore as it doesn't seem capable of using spoiler tags. This nag is for the rest of you!

If you're gonna quote the troll or someone else who didn't use tags, could you kindly spoiler their post for them? I'd really appreciate it. I don't want to leave the thread, but I really want to see Continuum unspoiled.
                          Thanks family!
                          This is really important! That's why, woefully behind that I am, I thought it important to quote and repeat this post. It's best that we are responsible about using the spoiler tags. Otherwise, our fellow thread members may become upset and a mod may have to get involved.

Spoiler Tags for AoT & Continuum = Courtesy for Other Thread Members

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                          I understand frustration...we've all been there. And the ocassional rant is fine...who understands better than the people here? But once the point's been made, let's not drive it into the ground, FCOL...this is supposed to be the "PRO-Sam/Jack Ship" thread, not the "Why the Hell don't TPTB write the show the way I want it?" thread. I'm sure there's room in the GW forum for one of those, if it doesn't already exist. May I suggest that some of this discussion move in that direction?
                          I strongly agree with Susannah on this. As much as I believe in a free range of discussion and opinions on this thread, I also believe in basing anger on fact. And all this discussion has been based on assumption, supposition, etc. The final version of AoT isn't out yet...and thank goodness, no one has leaked Continuum. It's really sad to me to see people getting themselves so upset over things that haven't happened! If TPTB had sunk our Ship, I'd be just as negative and upset as anyone. But they haven't. I agree with those who don't think they will. And I'm not going to pass judgment on a movie that hasn't even been released yet!!!

It's time for folks who are already upset about AoT to take a few deep breaths and try to get some perspective back. Sam Carter is a compassionate character who cares deeply about her friends and shows them the same affection we all show our own friends. I do read spoilers and look at stills...and I haven't seen or read anything that makes me think Sam & Jack's relationship is in jeopardy.

I'm just sayin'.

EDIT: Removed S10 from needing spoilers. I thought it did until it completed its first syndication run. It doesn't. I stand happily corrected. Thanks, DutchIndeed, for providing that clarification!
                          Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 20 January 2008, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                            ITA with the bolded part. I Hope that
                            Spoiler:
                            He encouraged her to do it if she was second guessing herself.
                            Oh, please read the story! Janet did a great job with it...and the explanation she uses is the best!

Comment

I wanted to say something else about Evolution. Just about the final scene with the Sam and Jack flirting

It really is a great scene. And I think that the fact that TPTB chose this, a clearly S/J moment as the final scene of is poignant. To me it says that all is finally well within the entire team.

The team is back together...Jack found Daniel and brought himself and him back home. Sam and T made it safely home from their mission. So physically they're fine and back together. BUt what about emotionally? Yes, but how do we know? Coz Jack's and Sam's relationship is OK. To me they are like the parents of the team in some ways and when they are floundering or not getting along the whole team suffers just as a family would. Look at S5, where Jack pulls away from Sam, the whole team suffers a sort of lessening of their own cohesion. When in S6 Jack seems to realise the futility of his efforts and that it might be harming the team instead of helping and comes back so to speak, the team is one again and they're all much happier. Then we get S8, where after the proposal, we again feel the tension concentrated between Sam and Jack and kinda spreading out to the rest of them, though in different way coz Jack is no longer in the field with them.

So when we have this little flirty scene that has them confirming to each other, yes we're ok, not only unhurt physically but that our friendship, coz we can't have anything more, is OK. And thus the whole team is OK, united, one.

I'm sure I didn't say this the way I'm thinking it

I do have one question for the shippers though. This is some of the dialogue from that scene:

So, nice command. (with a soft voice and little smirk)
                              Well we did make it back alive
                              There is that.

What do the shippers think of this?? I've been trying to work it out for ages, now I actually have people I can ask. To me Jack's "Nice command" comment seemed sincere and in fact deserved coz she did do a good job I thought. She however seems to go on the defensive with her "we did make it out alive" as though she feels she needs to defend her command or something. Did anyone else get that feeling? Then his comment kinda seems like he's accepting her excuse where I didn't think she needed one.

I mean it's wonderfully flirty and I didn't think he was being accusitory at all but I did feel some deffensiveness in her tone. Still the way he looks at her and the smile she gives through her eyelashes and then the lunch invitation. *sweet shippy sigh*

sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                                This is really important! That's why, woefully behind that I am, I thought it important to quote and repeat this post. It's best that we are responsible about using the spoiler tags. Otherwise, our fellow thread members may become upset and a mod may have to get involved.

Spoiler Tags for S10, AoT & Continuum = Courtesy for Other Thread Members
                                Hi Melissa!

Just one thing, I thought we didn't need to use spoiler tags for S10 anymore?
                                sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Working...
                                X