Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back a second to Mara's observations about Jack's fidelity and failure to follow the Kirk-syndrome of hunky leading men...

...this is absolutely true...which, IMHO, makes the end of SGA S3's The Return a very telling clue. Having just been rescued from the Replicators by Shepherd and his team, Weir and Jack are having a discussion and she asks what's next. Jack says that he's going to go home and have a hot shower, a hot toddy and and hot...

At which point Elizabeth cuts him off and points out that she was asking a little more selfishly about what was going to happen with Atlantis and with her and her people.

We can only speculate what that third "hot" thing was that Jack was looking forward to...but since he's not the type to randomly pick up women, we can only assume that there's only one person he would even consider in that context...especially considering that he just told Weir that next time she really should bring Carter. So I'm reading between the lines here and assuming, based on this evidence, that he was heading home to Sam.

Kinda makes me smile....
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
      She does think that now in a way she didn't before. APA and I discussed this a while back and now I can't remember all teh evidence we gathered - I guess I couldn look for it but...well I'm too lazy

But basically AT has always been adament that she and Jack should NOT get together while serving on the same team. And as much as I love S/J I agreed with her. After his promotion to General, AT was less adament, she could see it happening. After RDA left the show, AT admitted that now she had no problems with them being officially a couple, but obviously al we got was hints and AT herself seemed unsure whether or not TPTB thought of S/J that way. By the time of SGA S4 however something had changed.

JM talked about how AT had a problem with it just being Jack who recommended Sam have the command coz of the image of impropriety that would have given and that's why those lines were changed (though they didn't make into the show anyway). Now if S/J were not together in some official, canonical capacity that AT herserlf was now finally aware of there would have been no reason for that concern. After all Jack is the head of HW and therefore there's nothing innapropriate about recommending an officer he knows for a position - unless said officer is in a romantic relationship with him
      There was other eveidence but I can't remember it right now...maybe APA can?

Um, did that make sense? I can try to explain better if it didn't

And I just like to add, regarding the bolded part above, that NOT having the recommendation of her former commanding officer would be very bad. So, if she doesn't have it, and still got the job, the only reason I could think of, would be that the IOA would not accept the recommendation of her husband.

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
        *Passes APA goggles to combat the gutter spray*

Uh, maybe I was a bit harsh there. Hate is such a strong word. But I definitely get pulled out of fics when I notice mistakes. I always cringe at indoor saluting. It just pulls me out of the moment. And if it's scattered throughout the fic! Oy! Although, if its a really good writer, I get pulled back in pretty quick. Although, I notice most really good writers get the details right. And Mara, I know I've read your stuff in the past and I don't remember it ever irking me!

EDIT: And what's the deal with all the hatred of the fish?
        Oh thanks so much...*grinning uncontrollably*

So did you take issue all those times they saluted inside the SGC. I mean all those meters underground is about as inside as you can get right. Now that I know, it kinda annoys me too.

Oh the fish, well...fish leads to those seasons which cannot be named you see. So basically no fish = no extra seasons = Jack never leaves the SGC but takes a civilian leadership = no *cough*Mitchell*cough*

This is the happy world in which I live

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
        Well said, Mara...we tend to lose sight of poor Daniel (and T!) when we discuss these eps cuz we get so focused on Sam and Jack...but you make excellent points. I think the Jack and Daniel friendship is such a key element of SG1...it was the basis of the whole thing...and in some ways, Daniel is Jack's savior because of what happened originally on Abydos...so I can't help but think that maybe Jack believes he has a life-debt to Daniel. But more than that, he genuinely likes the guy...scientist and geek tho' he is. And I think it's because of his friendship with Daniel that Jack is able to let down his personal shields and get close to Sam and Teal'c as well. It's a great part of the story and we shouldn't lose sight of it.

*accepts goggles willingly*

Thanks Seahen!

As for the fish...some people believe that there are certain hallucinatory powers in dark chocolate that can make one believe that S9/10 never happened and that no pesky fish ever appeared in Jack's pond...and that that lovely hand touching scene from Moebius was never erased out of existence.... It's a nice fantasy...from time to time!
        Fantasy?! Fantasy?!

And that hand touch did to happen. It just happened during a briefing about something else!! Remember that the hand touch was a direct result of the fishing and the fishing did still happen so I maintain there was a hand touch, we just didn't get to see it a second time. *pouts* *stamps foot*
        sigpic
        Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

She does think that now in a way she didn't before. APA and I discussed this a while back and now I can't remember all teh evidence we gathered - I guess I couldn look for it but...well I'm too lazy

But basically AT has always been adament that she and Jack should NOT get together while serving on the same team. And as much as I love S/J I agreed with her. After his promotion to General, AT was less adament, she could see it happening. After RDA left the show, AT admitted that now she had no problems with them being officially a couple, but obviously al we got was hints and AT herself seemed unsure whether or not TPTB thought of S/J that way. By the time of SGA S4 however something had changed.

JM talked about how AT had a problem with it just being Jack who recommended Sam have the command coz of the image of impropriety that would have given and that's why those lines were changed (though they didn't make into the show anyway). Now if S/J were not together in some official, canonical capacity that AT herserlf was now finally aware of there would have been no reason for that concern. After all Jack is the head of HW and therefore there's nothing innapropriate about recommending an officer he knows for a position - unless said officer is in a romantic relationship with him

There was other eveidence but I can't remember it right now...maybe APA can?

Um, did that make sense? I can try to explain better if it didn't

What Mara said.

Then there are, of course, the edited Trio lines. Again...no longer canon cuz they won't appear, but we know they were written...and filmed (I won't be persuaded otherwise; I take JM at his word.) So we have:

Spoiler:
          1. AT being concerned that a comment in the script indicating that Gen. O'Neill, alone, recommended her for the command might be an indication of some impropriety...

2. The loverly picture of Jack...Jack in civvies, no less...in a large 8x10 frame...that appears no where in her office and therefore must be lovingly placed by her bedside....

3. SG1 BDUs...ahh...why would Sam bring SG1 BDUs with her to Atlantis? Perhaps because they aren't hers...just maybe a comfort item...with the lingering scent of someone she loves deeply still on them...for those long, lonely Atlantean nights....

4. The missing Trio lines with the Not So Subtle reference to Sam's love life, and "that guy in Washington", confirmed to indeed be Jack O'Neill.

Frankly, that's as much evidence as I need! And now that I'm in a decidely cheery shipper mood, having just written this, I think I'll head for bed!

Night all!

Later, Mara!
          sigpic

Comment

So did you take issue all those times they saluted inside the SGC. I mean all those meters underground is about as inside as you can get right. Now that I know, it kinda annoys me too.

Oh the fish, well...fish leads to those seasons which cannot be named you see. So basically no fish = no extra seasons = Jack never leaves the SGC but takes a civilian leadership = no *cough*Mitchell*cough*

Fantasy?! Fantasy?!

And that hand touch did to happen. It just happened during a briefing about something else!! Remember that the hand touch was a direct result of the fishing and the fishing did still happen so I maintain there was a hand touch, we just didn't get to see it a second time. *pouts* *stamps foot*
            Of this I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever! I'm with you on this one...chocolate or no!!!

EDIT: Luvnjack???? Is that you??? Have I finally stayed up late enough to say "Hi" in person?!?!?!
            sigpic

Comment

Shhh! I'm supposed to be working! The sports guys are taking forever with their pages again. How are you all??
              sigpic

Comment

Fantasy?! Fantasy?!

Oh! I get it now. Thanks APA and Mara I like the fish just because of the Simpsons reference. "Close enough".

And other than the pilot episode, SG got much better with not saluting indoors. All the briefing room saluting in the pilot was very inappropriate. The AF does salute indoors for formal ceremonies so saluting during promotions, medal ceremonies, and funerals as we've seen on the show is appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                  Shhh! I'm supposed to be working! The sports guys are taking forever with their pages again. How are you all??
                  Much better tonight, thanks! Good to see you! We could have used a good dose of your shipper optimism these past few days!
                  sigpic

Comment

Back a second to Mara's observations about Jack's fidelity and failure to follow the Kirk-syndrome of hunky leading men...

...this is absolutely true...which, IMHO, makes the end of SGA S3's The Return a very telling clue. Having just been rescued from the Replicators by Shepherd and his team, Weir and Jack are having a discussion and she asks what's next. Jack says that he's going to go home and have a hot shower, a hot toddy and and hot...

At which point Elizabeth cuts him off and points out that she was asking a little more selfishly about what was going to happen with Atlantis and with her and her people.

We can only speculate what that third "hot" thing was that Jack was looking forward to...but since he's not the type to randomly pick up women, we can only assume that there's only one person he would even consider in that context...especially considering that he just told Weir that next time she really should bring Carter. So I'm reading between the lines here and assuming, based on this evidence, that he was heading home to Sam.

Kinda makes me smile....
                    Makes me smile to. Frankly I think you're right. We know he's not the type of guy to go to a bar and pick up some random woman. He's also not the type of guy to go around speaking of women in that fashion...usually...which actually gives the impression that Weir may be privvy to some knowledge in this regard. She certainly knows what he was getting at which is why she cut him off before he could say it. The other thing is that actual line itself.

Hot shower, hot toddy, hot...

Fill in the blanks. The term isn't 'hot brunette' or 'hot red head' is it? It's 'hot blonde'. So he's not talking about Kerry.

Okay, you may argue he was gonna say something else, but what? Hot water bottle? I don't think so folks.

I'm totally with you on this one APA. He was gonna say Hot blonde and we all know unequivically who that is just as we knew who Kerry was taling about when she said "Is the AF the only thing keeping you 2 apart" NO names were needed

And I just like to add, regarding the bolded part above, that NOT having the recommendation of her former commanding officer would be very bad. So, if she doesn't have it, and still got the job, the only reason I could think of, would be that the IOA would not accept the recommendation of her husband.
                    Yay!! *giggles* *claps hands* *tries to get some decorum* *fails* SQUEEEEE!!!

I'm telling you I am one happy camper right now
                    sigpic
                    Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Of this I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever! I'm with you on this one...chocolate or no!!!

EDIT: Luvnjack???? Is that you??? Have I finally stayed up late enough to say "Hi" in person?!?!?!
                      Yes, tis I! I have missed you guys!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh! I get it now. Thanks APA and Mara I like the fish just because of the Simpsons reference. "Close enough".

And other than the pilot episode, SG got much better with not saluting indoors. All the briefing room saluting in the pilot was very inappropriate. The AF does salute indoors for formal ceremonies so saluting during promotions, medal ceremonies, and funerals as we've seen on the show is appropriate.
                        LOL! I never understood that until I listened to the commentaries.

Wait...I did say I was going to bed, didn't I?
                        sigpic

Comment

Makes me smile to. Frankly I think you're right. We know he's not the type of guy to go to a bar and pick up some random woman. He's also not the type of guy to go around speaking of women in that fashion...usually...which actually gives the impression that Weir may be privvy to some knowledge in this regard. She certainly knows what he was getting at which is why she cut him off before he could say it. The other thing is that actual line itself.

Hot shower, hot toddy, hot...

Fill in the blanks. The term isn't 'hot brunette' or 'hot red head' is it? It's 'hot blonde'. So he's not talking about Kerry.

Okay, you may argue he was gonna say something else, but what? Hot water bottle? I don't think so folks.

I'm totally with you on this one APA. He was gonna say Hot blonde and we all know unequivically who that is just as we knew who Kerry was taling about when she said "Is the AF the only thing keeping you 2 apart" NO names were needed

Yay!! *giggles* *claps hands* *tries to get some decorum* *fails* SQUEEEEE!!!

I'm telling you I am one happy camper right now
                          Ditto to everything you said! *tries to stop grinning. Fails. Gets funny looks from sports guys.*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                            Yes, tis I! I have missed you guys!!

(((luvnjack))) We've missed you too...waking up and finding your lonely posts in the morning just isn't the same thing! So...been keeping up with SGA S4? Thoughts? (in spoilers, of course!)
                            sigpic

Comment

LOL! I never understood that until I listened to the commentaries.

Wait...I did say I was going to bed, didn't I?
                              APA, I am working on a fic that should thrill and delight you. ANGST!! I hope to have it done and up in a few days. Just a short little thing. And go to bed, young lady!
                              sigpic

Comment

(((luvnjack))) We've missed you too...waking up and finding your lonely posts in the morning just isn't the same thing! So...been keeping up with SGA S4? Thoughts? (in spoilers, of course!)
                                Haven't been keeping up at all, I'm afraid. I repeat a happy mantra when I'm having a bad day: "So married, so married, so married..." That is still my story, and I'm still stickin' to it! Have we had anymore hints??
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X