This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
    They never specifically state, however, he was a Lt Col during the flashbacks of his role during Lost City. Sam was still a major then.
    I'm just curious, but how do we know he was a Lt. Col. then? Was it on his uniform or something?
    Originally posted by zuz View Post
    Rose, I have added the pic to my original post. Click on the spoiler button if you are prepaired to be spoiled... Nah, no real spoilers there, only sam in her black cammos.
    Ah, camo. We have dress-up days every Friday for the football games, and last week was camo. There were so many mini SG team member look-a-likes!

Sometimes, if a student is upset they aren't line leader, I tell them they're my second in command. That usually makes them happy.

I also have a student named Sandra...and I have, on accident, almost called her Cassandra. It was no coincidence the night before I'd written a chapter to my fic involving Cassie.

Yes, I have SG moments all the time...everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
      She has long hair here too....we know what that means right???
      We do.
      Spoiler:
      They are
      "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
      Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
        We love you too Eileen...rest and get well!!!

I have a question!
        I just watched "The Return" pt 1 & 2 (SGA)...and I was wondering...what do you think Sam was doing while Jack was stuck in Atlantis?? Did she know of the danger he was in??? Would she have tried to mount her own rescue?? Why was she absent from the SGC when we saw Landry and Walter in the control room??? I just want to know what the shippers consensus was as to what Sam was going through when this happened...where was Sam???
        Who knows? TPTB didn't want to deal with the issue of Carter and SG-1, so they didn't. Just like they didn't mention her in Travelers when McKay up and decides to mount a rescue mission to find Shep. Who knows where she was then, either? It's the little things like that that drives me nuts. Good programs have a person whose job it is to spot continuity problems and I haven't a clue what happened to SGA's.

For that matter, where was she in Rising? The Atlantis expedition heads out from the SGA for the first time ever, and she'd not there? That's really weird, too.

IMHO Carter would have interfered with the Weir/O'Neill "bonding" in both "Rising" and the Return. Oh, and let's not forget the Real World. Personally I think TPTB were testing the waters for an O'Neill/Weir ship, I really do, since he spent more time with her than with Carter in Seasons 9 & 10.

I never liked Weir anyway, but i have to say, I liked her even less after I watched those SGA eps.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
          I'm just curious, but how do we know he was a Lt. Col. then? Was it on his uniform or something?

IIRC, he had black oak leaves on his flight suit when he briefed his squadron before they launched for the big air battle. But it's been a while since I've seen it (and I don't have my DVDs handy). But I do remember specifically watching for his rank at the time and it was Lt Col (it becomes automatic to look for rank when you're military). I think he was the sqaudron commander too which is usually at Lt Col billet.

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
            We love you too Eileen...rest and get well!!!

I have a question!
            I just watched "The Return" pt 1 & 2 (SGA)...and I was wondering...what do you think Sam was doing while Jack was stuck in Atlantis?? Did she know of the danger he was in??? Would she have tried to mount her own rescue?? Why was she absent from the SGC when we saw Landry and Walter in the control room??? I just want to know what the shippers consensus was as to what Sam was going through when this happened...where was Sam???
            Chelle, if you want my take on where Sam was and what she was doing, it's here. A little angsty, though....
            sigpic

Comment

Ah, camo. We have dress-up days every Friday for the football games, and last week was camo. There were so many mini SG team member look-a-likes!

Sometimes, if a student is upset they aren't line leader, I tell them they're my second in command. That usually makes them happy.

I also have a student named Sandra...and I have, on accident, almost called her Cassandra. It was no coincidence the night before I'd written a chapter to my fic involving Cassie.

LOL! That is so cool, esp the second in command thing...aww SG bringing us all closer together and soothing young hearts...hehe, thanks for that Jena!
              sigpic
              Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Young children play football at school as in American football?! Sounds dangerous to me. I know that if I had been forced to watch I'd be hovering beside the line with a first aid kit all the time. This one game and rugby I never get into, really.
                Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Rose, I have added the pic to my original post. Click on the spoiler button if you are prepaired to be spoiled... Nah, no real spoilers there, only sam in her black cammos.
                  Thanks Zuz! You rock.

Well, off to bed with me! Looong day coming up tomorrow.

Night shippers!
                  Too cool for a signature.

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                    Chelle, if you want my take on where Sam was and what she was doing, it's here. A little angsty, though....
                    APA, I remember that, that was such a brilliant fic!!!! I swear if I had half as much talent as you have in your pinky finger I'd be one happy camper!
                    sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Originally posted by hbt123 View Post
                      Thanks Zuz! You rock.

Well, off to bed with me! Looong day coming up tomorrow.

Night shippers!
                      You're welcome. I have another ToA pic of sam somewhere on my hard drive. Once I find it I'll post it here, too.
                      Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

You know I'd love to see them laughing like this together as Sam and Jack *sigh*

sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Found the screen cap! Check his shoulder, black oak leaf is Lt Col.
                          I'm probably not attaching this right but it seems to work...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Young children play football at school as in American football?! Sounds dangerous to me. I know that if I had been forced to watch I'd be hovering beside the line with a first aid kit all the time. This one game and rugby I never get into, really.
                            Oh, no! The older kids play, but everyone from PK-12th can dress up to support the team.

Thanks Seahen for the info. I looked back through some pics and he had something on his arm, but I couldn't really tell cause they were blurry. I do have my Mitchell issues, but even if they didn't make Sam leader, they could have picked someone a little more experienced with the SG program...like my main man Reynolds.

Comment

Here it is another Ark of Truth promoshot.

Spoiler:

I have to find a really nice pic of Jack in desert cammos and add it in the above one.
                              Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by VastlySuperiorStuff View Post
                                Who knows? TPTB didn't want to deal with the issue of Carter and SG-1, so they didn't. Just like they didn't mention her in Travelers when McKay up and decides to mount a rescue mission to find Shep. Who knows where she was then, either? It's the little things like that that drives me nuts. Good programs have a person whose job it is to spot continuity problems and I haven't a clue what happened to SGA's.

For that matter, where was she in Rising? The Atlantis expedition heads out from the SGA for the first time ever, and she'd not there? That's really weird, too.

IMHO Carter would have interfered with the Weir/O'Neill "bonding" in both "Rising" and the Return. Oh, and let's not forget the Real World. Personally I think TPTB were testing the waters for an O'Neill/Weir ship, I really do, since he spent more time with her than with Carter in Seasons 9 & 10.

I never liked Weir anyway, but i have to say, I liked her even less after I watched those SGA eps.
                                There were copyright issues...or some kind of legal thing...which prevented any characters beside Jack and Daniel from appearing in Rising and the first season of SGA. They eventually worked those out, but that's why you never saw any of the other SG1 characters there until Grace Under Pressure.

And I have to respectfully disagree about testing waters for an O'Neill/Weir ship. I think Elizabeth's relationship to Jack has more to do with him being the first member of the military whom she ever trusted...ever really respected...and was someone who's respect she was eager to earn in return. And the fact that her brain conjured him up in The Real World, IMHO, showed her continued ambivilence about the role of the military. That Jack didn't believe her...that Jack tried to keep her trapped in her virtual life...that Jack tried to divert her from returning thru the gate. I think it had less to do with Jack O'Neill than it had to do with what he represented. As for a Jack/Elizabeth ship...I just can never see it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X