X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
    He sure ain't denying anything!

Yay we infected you! I personally think either we'll get something in our favor before it's all over or nothing at all. I don't think they'll crush our ship.

*giggles*
    Hey Jena! Goodmorning.

You must be glad it's a Friday with the Munchkins??
    sigpic
    Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Congrats Mara on 1700 Posts!!!!

Jena...thanks for the link...cute!!! (I hadn't read it...I swear!)

Chelle...good thoughts...multiquote's not working (obviously), so I can't comment specifically, but I think we both see a lot of the same thing. I don't think Jack regrets his decision in the end...obviously...the people he cares about most in the whole world are safe and standing there in front of him. But I do think he is wrestling with the ramifications of that decision, both on a galactic level...the jaffa who still might die...and on a personal level...that maybe he's reaching a point in his life where these kinds of decisions take a lot more out of him than before. And maybe in this instance it's just because it's who they involve...and that "too-close" closeness that he has with SG1. Or possibly he's feeling the greater weight of duty and the personal toll it exacts a lot more keenly six months into his new command. Hard to say. But, I think if one wanted to build a case for Jack's eventual retirement, this would be a pretty good piece of evidence to support it. IMHO.

And Finally...Melissa...didn't mean to jump the gun on your posts...I really did expect you to make it back here last night
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
        I should go stroke hug hubby for getting broadband...yay for broadband...yay for hubby!!!!!!
        Gutter Chelle..gutter!!!

Where did those days go i was never in the gutter?

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
        Hey... remember how I was promoting Fanfic?
        Well here's my two favorite stories... I found them really true... well mostly true to character, and I absolutely condone them as my favs....
        So if you're gonna read, here is the first story....
        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3221763/1/To_Save_a_Life
        and here is the second book.....
        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3595465/...t_of_Happiness
        and here is me shipping it
        http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...r/thumbsup.jpg
        Love those two stories as well, am reading those or read those...You know my mind It tends to forget names and all...

Btw you look lovely And cute..if i would make a pic of myself shipping everyone would declare me crazy...

But hey most of you have already seen my foot..on the pics i posted in may from the beach

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
        *giggles*
        See hear the cuteness

Originally posted by cess525 View Post
        Night Chelle....now see this looks normal to me I wake up and Chelle goes to bed.
        He he...i have this now every morning with APA, Jena, LuvnJack and Mara-anni
        Feels weird...i always sleep when they are talking...i'm rude

Oh and its weekend YAHOO!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
          Congrats Mara on 1700 Posts!!!!

Jena...thanks for the link...cute!!! (I hadn't read it...I swear!)

Chelle...good thoughts...multiquote's not working (obviously), so I can't comment specifically, but I think we both see a lot of the same thing. I don't think Jack regrets his decision in the end...obviously...the people he cares about most in the whole world are safe and standing there in front of him. But I do think he is wrestling with the ramifications of that decision, both on a galactic level...the jaffa who still might die...and on a personal level...that maybe he's reaching a point in his life where these kinds of decisions take a lot more out of him than before. And maybe in this instance it's just because it's who they involve...and that "too-close" closeness that he has with SG1. Or possibly he's feeling the greater weight of duty and the personal toll it exacts a lot more keenly six months into his new command. Hard to say. But, I think if one wanted to build a case for Jack's eventual retirement, this would be a pretty good piece of evidence to support it. IMHO.

And Finally...Melissa...didn't mean to jump the gun on your posts...I really did expect you to make it back here last night
          APA!!!! Goodmorning...I never get to say that to you.

Aw, thanks for the congrats
          sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
            APA!!!! Goodmorning...I never get to say that to you.

Aw, thanks for the congrats
            Hehehe! No, you don't, do you? And I always forget and say goodnight when it's the middle of your afternoon... What are you doing up this late anyway? oh...I forgot...it's Fri night there...have those antibiotics kicked in yet?

Would love to stay and chat, but gotta go pick up mom. Catch ya later!
            sigpic

Comment

Hehehe! No, you don't, do you? And I always forget and say goodnight when it's the middle of your afternoon... What are you doing up this late anyway? oh...I forgot...it's Fri night there...have those antibiotics kicked in yet?

Would love to stay and chat, but gotta go pick up mom. Catch ya later!
              Yep, Friday night and kiddo's not home. The thing is though, try as I might, I can still never sleep in

See ya APA, hope you have a good day and maybe I'll see you tonight/tomorrow *waves*

EDIT: Just read another of Suz's fics 'The Inauguration'. It's set just after CotG and I thought it was funny. http://sjhw.net/suzvoy/inaug.html
              sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

With apologies to Bev........
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by heliosphere View Post
                  I can't decide if I like fanfic where Jack and Sam have a child or fanfic where they marry without a baby. I think I lean towards children when it's apocofic, but other than that, I just can't see it unless they are both retired. I've read some stuff where Jack is retired or just working a bit and Sam is off in Atlantis or very busy at the SGC. I don't like that. If there's a baby, I want them together as a family!

Also drives me batty when Jack is reciting poetry or singing to Sam. There's just no way I can picture it in my head at. all. Flowers or candy, yeah, I can see that. Surprising her with dinner or something like that, yeah. But the thing that really draws me to Jack and Sam is their adorkable awkwardness with each other like they're teenagers again. I think it's great to see the balance of uncertainty and passion and restraint they both fight with. Poetry-reading!Jack doesn't really fly with that.
                  Hey heliosphere and ITA. I read a fic where he sang and it really didn't fit.

Originally posted by VastlySuperiorStuff View Post
                  Hi all you shippers-
                  I am very new to Stargate (just watched them all this summer) and I think I am probably becoming a reluctant S/J shipper. I would be an enthusiastic and unreserved shipper except I really hate the way TPTB dropped the ball after season 8. I mean, really dropped it and kicked it far, far away.

Now I know all of you nice people have resilient and upbeat personalities or you wouldn't have the biggest thread on GateWorld despite the above fact. I, however, do not like to be disappointed.

So, are you all going to watch SGA this season? I have never been an SGA fan (because I never knew it existed). But really, I feel like forgetting about SGA until I know what happens and then buying the DVDs at the end of the season, because I don't want to waste my time. Then I can spend the rest of my small and unimportant existence watching SG-1 Seasons 1-8 until they make it in virtual reality and I can replace Carter.

What do you think? I need encouragement.
                  Well I liked S1 of Atlantis and I suppose S3 but S2 really did nothing for me *shrugs*

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                  you deserve it...

((((((((CLAF)))))))))
                  Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
                  Before you do that, pick up a packet or two from a meal in a restaurant (like those little jelly, jam and honey packets). That way you can try it with out shelling out your hard-earned money. And then buy it if you want to.

Question: Vegemite looks like it's a brand name. Are there other companies that make the same product and give it their own name. (Like Royal Gelatin in the US is the same product as Jello).
                  It's made by Kraft, I just went to check *grins*

Now mara, I think it's time we talk about this...denial is just a river in Egypt. You must embrace the zen of S9/10. It is only when you have mastered the ultimate shipper skill of grasping something from virtually nothing and have embraced the vacuity of tangible ship in those 40 episodes that will you be able to release your burden and overcome that facial tic. You have already unwrapped the package. You have even inserted the disc into the DVD player. Now you must face your fears and press "play". Prepare yourself. You will not see RDA in the opening credits. There's another guy there. But that's Okay. You will only see Jack 2x in S9 and 2x in S10. Sam will nearly kiss an AU Martouf. Creepy Orlin will reappear. But still...there is good to be found. Trust me! Ex Deus Machina...200...Line in the Sand...The Shroud. It's a scant diet, to be sure, but we are hardy shipper folk and have gone for long periods of time with meager rations. And while there's no promise of a banquet in our near future, there is hope for at least a decent meal. So grab what you can get, when you can get it. Put the discs on mara. We're here for you...

*wonders if mara will ever talk to her again *

(This was worth rushing back from the doctor for? Thought you were feeling better...hope you are soon!)
                  Am I one of the only S/J shippers who enjoyed the last 2 seasons? Of course that may be because of certain other characters *grins*

That scene you were talking about between Jack and Kerry in his office in Threads is unbelievably telling isn't it?!

Kerry: "Is the Air Force the only thing keeping you two apart? Coz if it is you're making a big mistake."

Jack: "And you know what I should do?"

Kerry: "Retire."

Jack: "Again?"

Kerry: "Don't get me wrong, you're considered invaluable to the program by the pentagon. But the President has appointed a civilian to run the SGC before...just a thought."

And then the expressions on Jack's face after she leaves...wow!!

Kerry had hit it right on. She didn't even have to say Sam's name. He knew who she was talking about...who the other of the you two was. Just as we the viewers did.
                  I ADORE THAT SCENE!!! Have watched it an obscene amount of times.

Originally posted by Mrs Caldwell View Post
                  G'day ship family.
                  I have missed you guys.
                  Been busy. Am concentrateing om my very first ship. Which was an older Aussie show and they have finally started playing repeats on the telly. I am NOT happy it is not available on dvd.

Have been keeping up to date here though.
                  Trio looks to be interesting and that is the one I am hanging out for.

Been having a S9 and S10 marathons. Not that interesed in them though. No J/S:

Keep on Shipping.
                  Yes more Aussies, just wanted to say hi! Which show are you talking about? (even though its OT)

Originally posted by Caladria View Post
                  There's two questions in there. Would an appearance by Daniel or O'Neill be a post-Continuum timeline, and are you treating that [Continuum] as a separate entity right now?

he could have answered either of those. And "I haven't really thought about it" could be "because the answers blatantly obvious, idiot".

its Joe. He's self-admittedly dastardly evil. Asking him questions is like asking a genie for wishes (you know, the ones where you have to ask for exactly the right thing or he twists it around and you get stupid-rubbish.)

Personally? he's refusing to answer questions about Jack being mentioned in S4, so he's blatantly hiding something there (again, I dance like the puppet I am - Baaaaaa!). And Joe's a self-admitted 'shipper (he's sekritly one of us) - I can never find the interview but he states black-and-white categorically that he 'ships Daniel/Vala and Sam/Jack (smart lad!). Sinking your own ship si the height of masochism.
                  Agree very smart man to ship 2 of my favourites. Can't wait to see Continuum.

Originally posted by SmileyGidget View Post

Mwahahahaha... it is oh so much fun though! And whats even betterer is that we're kinda part of the whole convention experience in Melbourne now! It's so awesome! Vegemite is great but in small proportions... can be evil in more than a little...

That first convention for you was pretty awesome right, i remember my surprise and everyone elses when we found out you and Niki were mother and daughter... so don't look it... really!! But that was awesome, we really didn't get to chat that year, you guys were at the other end of the table to us I was head of our table.. heehee, on the end! Only year i haven't sat next to one of the guests! Rachel was hilarious with the Vegemite, and scotty made us get up in front of everyone to give it to her... i'm really bummed that i missed Tony on stage but i was soo embarrassed after my phone had gone off

The Evil Vegemite Girls consists of only four people: Smiley (Me), Dusty, Sparky & Munchy! We have shirts and badges, though we have Vegemite Gang badges as well... for the guys And we are all EVIL... And i have the pictures to prove it I've given the vegemite to them all so far, other than Don, Munchy gave it to him... it felt weird... i'm gonna give it to Joe!!! and Peter!!!
                  You going to the convention in Melbourne? With Joe Flanigan? I'm SOOOO Jealous. *grins* Also I enjoy vegemite but can't be spread on too thick.

So sorry for the long post had heaps to catch up on

Banner by Stef
                  Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                    *yells* BEV! My sigs are back your royal Shippyness (bows appropriately). My rotator was on the fritz, so John/Aeryn got a bit of a spotlight, and then I was too lazy to go find my link again. But my S/J ones are back now, you can rejoice in my brilliant creativity once more. I'm very modest in case anyone hadn't guessed.

And now directing your thoughts steadily back towards Sam and Jack..

I could just reach out and ruffle it while he's not looking.

general disclaimer: I'm actually quite nice... really!
                    Woohoo! I missed them.

I could just reach out and ruffle him too! *ruffle* *ruffle*
                    sigpic

Comment

Seriously though I too hate reading all that mushy, utterly OC stuff with Jack and Sam. There's no way in Netu Jack would be one of these sappy song singing, sweet nothing whispering romantics. All the more reason to love him too IMHO!

Jack and Sam don't need any of that overly done, overly dramatic and in my opinion overly fake, not to mention cliched crap. They would be happy just fishing calmly and relaxed side by side, watching a late movie snuggling on the couch together, umm fishing fishing and various other normal type things that most couples take for granted and don't appreciate anymore.

Just a simple thing like him making one of his remarks designed to make her smile and her actually smiling at him, openly, without trying to hide it or restrain it would be incredibly romantic to them.
                      I think Jack and Sam will always appreciate just the simple fact that they are together. That they can spend personal time together. That he can touch her, that she can kiss him. They'll never get tired of it, they'll never take it for granted.

Whoa...and I can never stop babbling, sorry
                      I went all mushy inside just reading this. I agree with what you've written.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
                        Am I one of the only S/J shippers who enjoyed the last 2 seasons? Of course that may be because of certain other characters *grins*
                        Nope - there's at least, well...

Me.

Two's better than one, right?

And seriously, Vala - how can you not adore a character who's consciously trying to be a better person despite knowing very well that she has faults?
                        sigpic
                        Stuart: “You’ve done nothing, Vince. You go to work, you go for a drink. You sit at home and watch cheap science fiction. Small and tiny world. What is there…that’s so impressive about that? What is there to love?”
                        Vince: “Yeah.”
                        Stuart: “…It was good enough for me.”

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                          Holy buckets!! I haven't watched it recently so to say but I do recal the episode quite well...I thihnk...so I'll just put my 5 cents worth into the discussion if that's ok??
                          Firstly...great post APA...and just for the record...we're always interested...it gives us something to think about with regard to the ship and the characters as a whole!
                          When Jack hesitated I have no doubt that it was because of Sam and the rest of SG1 being on board that ship...I mean, who would want to give the order to take out their closest friends and IMHSM, lover?? So I can totally believe that his hesitation was based on the fact that SG1 was still on board.
                          When Jack said "tough choice"...my thinking on that was that although it was a tough choice, it also wasn't. Now bear with me here...I'm going to try to put it as best as I can...I'm not good at saying what I think...I think??? Jack had to make a decision but I believe that in the end he was happy with the choice he made...I don't think he regrets making that call....whether he believes that there is a chance that the Trust could still possibly kill thousands if not millions of innocent Jaffa...I believe that although it was a tough choice, no matter what, he would have gone down the same route all the time...I didn't get the impression that it was bothering him per say, especially because of the choice he made but rather because he hesitated and had to make that decision in the first place...did that make sense??
                          I agree that by the time threads came around, that Jack was seriously considering retiring after what Kerry told him. I got the impression that she basically said...if you retire, they will still keep you on as commander of the base...and I think he really did consider leaving...and I also believe that that decision would have been because he wanted to pursue an open relationship with Sam...rather than all this sneaking around quietly so no one finds out!!!! He never argued back with her about having feelings for Sam...he never tried to deny what she said was true...instead he almost looked relieved that she knew and understood and that he actually had a chance, a way to be with Sam...without any consequences!! If what Kerry was saying wasn't true then why didn't he speak up and say that it wasn't like that...why did he actually ask how he could be with Sam and stay on at the SGC??...maybe not in those exact words but she said something along the lines of...are the rules the only thing standing in your way??...and then said something about there is a way around that...and Jack asked how....so he was clearly indicating that he wanted to get away from the regs and be with Sam...to me that was very clear that he wasn't denying he wanted to be with Sam...more so it was confirming he wanted a relationship with her...or in my ship mind...he wanted to make it official to the world!!!
                          I think Sam's reaction is more because she knew it was hard for Jack to make that kind of call and she wished that he hadn't pushed into that corner to choose between destroying the ship or saving SG1...if that makes any sense???...I'm kinda trying to type as I think...which in my case is kinda sad.
                          Hey people! I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in on this, if you don't mind. I recently re-watched Endgame after realizing I would indeed have to watch Chimera to understand it. Eeewww.

Anyway, my first thought was that (although he did look very hot in this episode and was quite heroic) Daniel had no business making that comment about "maybe you should have fired on the ship after all." I can't decide if it was his usual willingness to die for complete strangers or if he was just pushing Jack's buttons. Either way, he should have known better. He had to have known it was an agonizing choice for Jack.

So, I interpret Jack's "tough choice" comment this way- he really meant to say "You little ****head, Daniel- you'll NEVER have to make the choices I have to make, so STFU." Jack never regretted his choice. Even Pendergast said he was right. This is the classic philosophical dilemma of choosing the known few (in this case REALLY known ) over the unknown many. I think Jack never once regretted his call- but it did scare him. If I recall correctly, this happened to Hammond more than once

Comment

Ok shippers I'd better get some sleep.

But I'm posting yet another Suz fic link coz we were taliking about Jack's retiring and I just read this and loved it...short, but very, very sweet

'Bliss' by Suz http://sjhw.net/suzvoy/bliss.html

Night!!!
                            sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

I was getting to be good at posting for awhile last weekend. Actually thought I'd graduate from "Jaffa Fodder" sometime soon, but I think that may have to wait.

It's been a busy, somewhat draining week, but I have been lurking and reading everyone else's posts. Lazy, huh? Oh well, I took today off to work on a big party (100 guests) at my house tomorrow. So this is a break from cooking, cleaning, flower arranging, practicing music etc.

Still too lazy to multquote, but a few things caught my attention in the past day or so.

First fic recommendations for janissima's stories and suz's story's , I love them.

Second, reluctance on the part of some shippers to believe the ship will be resolved positively. I particularly jumped at one post suggesting Sam would be shipped with someone else in Trio or even more ludicrous, announce she was a celibate member of Opus Dei !! Wow, I'm not sure which would be a bigger faux pas on the part of TPTB.

I also heartily agree with whoever said TPTB have to be smart enought to realize such a foolish move would take a large segment of the fan base out of the running for the upcoming movie DVDs. Who among us would want to watch Continuum, let along Ark of Truth, if we know the ship sunk?

Anyway, for now, I'll feed my ship obsession with the posts on this thread, writing my own fanfic and reading stories by such marvelous writers as Suz and Janissima.

Plan to post later, got to get out of being "Jaffa Fodder". How disgusting!

Comment

Originally posted by dreamer one View Post

Second, reluctance on the part of some shippers to believe the ship will be resolved positively. I particularly jumped at one post suggesting Sam would be shipped with someone else in Trio or even more ludicrous, announce she was a celibate member of Opus Dei !! Wow, I'm not sure which would be a bigger faux pas on the part of TPTB.
                                Hey! I resemble that remark!
                                It was one of my darker moments.

Comment

Working...
                                X