This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Queen_Bee
    hey Token can u send a postcard on my behalf as not being anywhere near anything doesnt help
    Yeahsureyoubetcha!! Anything specific you want on it??

btw...I was at Old Navy (a clothing store in the US) and saw a yellow tank top with "Queen" and a picture of a bee. It was so cute, and all I thought about was that you needed one of those! LOL.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
      This is why it got cancelled...you may be entitlted to your opinion..but so am I...now normally I am a very happy and optimistic person...but it's partly because of fans like you that don't help keep the show going...it is not the RDA show...it's Stargate SG1...and I just wish people would embrace it as such...now please...don't yell at me or throw rotten food at me...I never go on like this...I don't like to stir the pot...but right now these types of posts are just not helpful...I guess my posts is no better...but there you go...I finally cracked...ya happy now???
      I'm sorry family...that needed to be said!
      Unfortunately, it can be argued that this show is NOT Stargate SG-1. I won't go into any further explanation on this because I have repeated myself over and over about my love for the original team. Once again JMO.

The show didn't get cancelled because I stopped watching. I am not and have never been a Neilsen household. The show got cancelled because Sci-Fi is no longer interested, because the show is not what it used to be, and because many fans (not just me) are not happy and the ratings have dropped.

Comment

i love this part of Shinedowns Simple Man
        it reminds me alot of Jack!

Oh, take your time
        Don't live too fast
        Troubles will come
        And they will pass
        You'll find a woman
        And you'll find love
        And don't forget that there is someone up above
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

sig by RepliCartertje
        http://stargatesg1.com/QueenBee
        http://www.myspace.com/madame_minx

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
          Great letter. After all, we are the CUSTOMERS and it's their job to provide good service in order to keep us coming back!
          Exactly. I reserve the right to not like what is on right now. I would be more than happy to write letters asking for ship resolution. Whether that is in the remainder of season 10, or if it is in a tv movie or mini series, I'd be just as happy.

Comment

It will be interesting how well Stargate SG-1 does on iTunes. Isn't iTunes downloads available in most parts of the world? I know I will purchase "200" when it is available. I'm glad now I can pick and choose which episodes I want to buy. Maybe that will give TPTB an indication of which episodes resonated most with fans like the ones with JACK.

Token ~

Comment

Oh, I really hate to rain on the parade, (not that there's much to parade about at this point) but we have no idea if there will BE a 2nd half of season 10. The scifi channel's article discusses how great it was that the show went "10 years and 215 shows." Seriously -- this could mean that after #215, there could be no more filmed or shown. EVER. The article doesn't say.

I'm feeling physically ill right now. How could the Scifi channel do this?? Good freaking lord. We might be stuck in shipper hell forever. You know, as much as the writers do love to torment us shippers, I really do think that, given the chance to wrap up in a planned fashion, they would have eventually had Sam & Jack ride off into the sunset. After season 6, when no one knew if sg-1 would be picked up, there were plans for a movie or minseries as a finale. And, of course, with RDA leaving after season 8, no one knew what would happen. I think the writers cultivate the tension of the ship -- the "Moonlighting" syndrome. Can't get them together, it'll kill ratings. But, in a movie, finale, or miniseries, they could have finally done it.

This is so totally unfair.

I'm going to go cry now.
              -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                email sent...I still can't believe this...*SOBS*

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                  Yeahsureyoubetcha!! Anything specific you want on it??

btw...I was at Old Navy (a clothing store in the US) and saw a yellow tank top with "Queen" and a picture of a bee. It was so cute, and all I thought about was that you needed one of those! LOL.
                  hehe
                  yeah Bee has been my nickname since i was about 13- looong time ago
                  my name is actually Bianca
                  but i have pj's with a bee its says "Bee-autiful" its cute

nothing specific on it, just something simple , like please do us proud!
                  "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

sig by RepliCartertje
                  http://stargatesg1.com/QueenBee
                  http://www.myspace.com/madame_minx

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                    Exactly. I reserve the right to not like what is on right now. I would be more than happy to write letters asking for ship resolution. Whether that is in the remainder of season 10, or if it is in a tv movie or mini series, I'd be just as happy.
                    Wasn't that kinda what the Troi/Riker shippers experienced? By the time they got together in the movies, did the fans feel satisfied? I'm not willing to wait for a movie or mini series because until it is "in the can" nothing is for sure.

I want my ship NOW! *pouts like a three-year old*

Token ~

Comment

Wasn't that kinda what the Troi/Riker shippers experienced? By the time they got together in the movies, did the fans feel satisfied? I'm not willing to wait for a movie or mini series because until it is "in the can" nothing is for sure.

I wanted it two years ago LOL!!

If the writers can get on the stick and make ship happen in season 10, then by all means.

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                        I wanted it two years ago LOL!!

If the writers can get on the stick and make ship happen in season 10, then by all means.
                        Well, you had to bring that up? *goes into a full-blown tantrum* Where's that darn space/time-traveling puddle jumper thingy???

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          This it why i am going to try and remain optimistic...I'm crossing all my fingers, toes, legs, arms and eyes...please please please please please let it go on!!!
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

This is exactly why I am hoping and praying and yes even doing a little 'ship' dance that tptb are trying to get RDA for the finale, (if that is what it will come down to).

Come on now ptb, finish this storyline with some class and dignity. I don't want another piss take like 200.

I did take 200 for what it was, a fun episode, can we please now get back to the meat and potatoes that got me addicted in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                              No baseball bats from me. Just applause. I agree with you 100%!
                              And yet I disagree 200%
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I can't say I am surprised that SG-1 was canceled, but I really feel for you S/J shippers. I don't ship S/J. I came into fandom for SG-1 late. I found SG-1 season 9 very boring or annoying and stopped watching the show last year.

Robert Cooper and the other producers had almost 2 years to resolve this ship, and they just yanked your chains. Frankly, it just struck me as being very arrogant and having contempt for the shippers. Somehow, I always got the vibe from the producers that serious romantic relationships are a female issue and not worth treating seriously.

Clearly, the current PTB made a huge miscalculation. They broguht on Vala, the sex bomb/liar/thief and downgraded Sam. Jack is not mentioned again. Sam could have had a commited relationship with Jack off-screen, the simplest, most satisfying closure, but they just completely refused to address the S/J issue. They steadily lost audience share during season 9, and by Season 10 premiere, they pretty much lost a third of the audience. I would bet you a silver dollar that a large chunk of that audience was shippers and women among the casual audience. It's plain old poor storytelling when you don't provide closure.

I have a horrible suspiscion that the PTB consciously decided to drop the S/J ship and use occasional references to goose the shippers into watching without having to actual address the issue and resolve it. And this strategy stopped working. Casual fan shippers simply gave up and stopped watching. They know when they are being disrespected. And, frankly, I think it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I would never trust these producers or writers again to treat the subject of romantic relationship with any degree of thoughtfulness or seriousness.

Once you burned out all the goodwill of large portions of your fanbase, they won't come back. It's like the X-files. Chris Carter always poo pooed any ship between Mulder and Scully and when the ratings were slipping, he threw in some haphazard shipping scenes. I think this acutally created a lot of bad will among shipper fans. Interestingly, since the show's cancellation, Chris Carter has not put out another show since the X-files. I think his reputation has a showrunner and writer took a big hit.

Comment

Working...
                                X