This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
    For the better half of the Sam and Jack ship - here's some pictures from the Shore Leave convention this past weekend:
    http://pics.livejournal.com/shimmeringstar1/

Right now there’s just one gallery – the one pic of a truly gorgeous and generous woman. I hope to size down some of the other pix before I go to bed tonight that I took of her signing autos after mine. There’s one where she’s laughing and imitating a Sam bobblehead doll. Hopefully can get some of the panel pics up there soon too.

NOTE: For those unfamiliar with LiveJournal galleries - after opening a gallery and clicking on a thumbnail, the picture probably still won’t be full-sized, so if you click once on the bigger pic you’ll get the regular sized picture.
    cool. is she wearing dog tags in those pics?

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
      'tis cool. most of the time people don't even realise they're supposed to be using them so its understandable and forgiveable. the person who quoted you can go back and edit the post with the quote of your post, if that makes sense.

really don't worry about it. i just wouldn't want to see anyone's episode ruined or see anyone get red repped. with tv shows i'm really bad for spoilers, i usually read them all despite my best intentions (although in the last season or two i've been making a point to read them so i'm not too disappointed ) but with sports i'm such a sap and i hate to be spoiled if its something i want to watch but can't see it live for some reason. i get really disappointed if sports are spoiled for me because it ruins my enjoyment of it, not knowing whats going to happen and all that, so i can understand where those who don't like spoilers are coming from.

and even i slip up with the spoiler tags sometimes. everyone does i think.
      Cool. Thanks for understanding. Since someone's actually replying, do you know where I can find the answer to my first question? still

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
        Back with "To Have and To Hold" later.

This is one of my all time favorites. It is so very, very angsty and Jack is such a jerk for most of the story. But all ends well. Here is the link on Ruth King's website:

http://www.snowqueen.demon.co.uk/Sta...For_Worse.html

IMO, all of her stories are terrific. But I think I'll have to reread this one tonight.

EDIT: Whoops, looks like I was too slow on the draw again tonight. LOL. Stargate Barbie beat me to it. I swear I can't keep you all! You post so fast. Oh well - you can all check out Ruth King's other stories that are at her site. There's not a bad story among them.
        Last edited by Melora; 13 July 2006, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Flyby post. Well, we are on the eve of the Season 10 premiere! OMG, I've been fairly successful at remaining spoiler free. Thanks to all who were using spoiler tags. Dare I hope that some shippy tidbit will be tossed our way before episode 200? Yep, I am so darn sappy and fluffy when it comes to The Ship that I will cling to every word and nuance throughout the shows. OK, I'll be in touch later!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
            Flyby post. Well, we are on the eve of the Season 10 premiere! OMG, I've been fairly successful at remaining spoiler free. Thanks to all who were using spoiler tags. Dare I hope that some shippy tidbit will be tossed our way before episode 200? Yep, I am so darn sappy and fluffy when it comes to The Ship that I will cling to every word and nuance throughout the shows. OK, I'll be in touch later!
            I know! It's tomorrow! I'm excited, but not too excited. I'll be VERY excited when ep 200 comes on!

Please TPTB, give us some ship in S10!

Can't wait for Shipper Day!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yasureyoubetcha
              Cool. Thanks for understanding. Since someone's actually replying, do you know where I can find the answer to my first question? still
              the one about
              Spoiler:

the wedding dress and jack retiring and stuff?

the wedding dress is apparently from a quote or two from amanda tapping interviews in magazines. she said something about getting to work with rick again and squeezing into a dream of a wedding dress.

the jack retireing thing, i generally pick up info here and in samanda. people find bits and pieces on other websites or make speculations based on pictures that are released, so while at first someone leaked something about jack mentioning retiring, then he was shown in his uniform, then there was the reports of the comment being to do with his not being able to stay away or not being able to retire or something along those lines.

i can never remember the exact sites where people get some of their info but i'll try;
              i'm not sure how much use these sites will be to you, or even if the source of the info you want is here.

http://sg-atlantis.emedian.net/sg.html

http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/index.php

(^ i haven't been here in ages and tend not to go unless directed to something specific. be warned that in my experience this site, while it does get some good info, tends to be somewhat anti sam and completely anti ship. i'm not sure if it still is like that. also it used to be very daniel heavy, i think its this one that started out as savedanieljackson.com)

http://stargate-sg1.hu/

^related to this one, if you click on pictures of jack, sam or sam and jack, they have sites specific to both the ship and the individual characters.

again, i don't know how useful these are to you, but its all i got. i don't know much.

again though, a lot of the info people report here comes from magazines, and often the message becomes somewhat twisted on the way here, because its gone through so many channels and each poster will make their own interpretations and their own slant on it.

for example i saw footage from a con last year or the year before, i'm not sure when where somebody asked;
              Spoiler:

a question about sam and jacks relationship, i can't remember the exact wording. this was after mobius aired, and before season 9 aired.

amanda tapping was sitting at a long table with a mic in front of her, and what looked to me like a couple of TPTB.

she said, in a sort of jokey fun way "we talk on the phone".

somehow after not too long a time, people started to post here as though we were promised phone conversations on screen. i never saw any such statement, nor did i hear of one. maybe i'm wrong and there was such a statement, but i remember reading posts saying things like; 'and what happened to all those phone conversations we were promised!'

my point here is that sometimes people take a minor little statement made in jest to appease and entertain, or even just as a fun way of saying, don't worry about it, its still there or something like that, and they blow it out of proportion.

my general motto for life is, expect the worst but hope for the best. but thats just me. i'm not sayin' its right, i'm just sayin' its me.

is it just me, or is this way way way more than you wanted to hear? and not in a good way!

Comment

Hey shippers! I know I'm still a bit new here. I tend to lurk more than anything. But I have to ask this question. I know you all seem to talk mostly about the latest spoilers or scenarios. I've looked on the GateWorld spoilers for each episode and I can't seem to find most of what you're talking about. Is there another pace you're getting these spoilers? Or are they just scenarios you've come up with?

Spoiler:
                For example, where's the pic of Sam in a wedding dress? Or this thing about maybe Jack retiring?

Do help!
                Don’t know if I should be answering this as I’m just a bona fide lurker here and may have missed something but I think I’ll take a crack at it.
                Spoiler:
                Some people (like me) get some spoilers from here.
                But as far as I know there isn’t a REAL pic of Sam in a wedding dress, just talk about her getting to wear one... However there have been some very nice photoshopped pics of her wearing one posted in this thread. I'm not sure about the whole Jack retiring thing though, as far as I know its just rumor.
                But anyway, I’m trying not to expect too much for season 10 as I don’t want to get my hopes up for nothing but….. I cant help it! lol

YAY one more day!!

Comment

the one about
                  Spoiler:

the wedding dress and jack retiring and stuff?

the wedding dress is apparently from a quote or two from amanda tapping interviews in magazines. she said something about getting to work with rick again and squeezing into a dream of a wedding dress.

the jack retireing thing, i generally pick up info here and in samanda. people find bits and pieces on other websites or make speculations based on pictures that are released, so while at first someone leaked something about jack mentioning retiring, then he was shown in his uniform, then there was the reports of the comment being to do with his not being able to stay away or not being able to retire or something along those lines.

i can never remember the exact sites where people get some of their info but i'll try;
                  i'm not sure how much use these sites will be to you, or even if the source of the info you want is here.

http://sg-atlantis.emedian.net/sg.html

http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/index.php

(^ i haven't been here in ages and tend not to go unless directed to something specific. be warned that in my experience this site, while it does get some good info, tends to be somewhat anti sam and completely anti ship. i'm not sure if it still is like that. also it used to be very daniel heavy, i think its this one that started out as savedanieljackson.com)

http://stargate-sg1.hu/

^related to this one, if you click on pictures of jack, sam or sam and jack, they have sites specific to both the ship and the individual characters.

again, i don't know how useful these are to you, but its all i got. i don't know much.

again though, a lot of the info people report here comes from magazines, and often the message becomes somewhat twisted on the way here, because its gone through so many channels and each poster will make their own interpretations and their own slant on it.

for example i saw footage from a con last year or the year before, i'm not sure when where somebody asked;
                  Spoiler:

a question about sam and jacks relationship, i can't remember the exact wording. this was after mobius aired, and before season 9 aired.

amanda tapping was sitting at a long table with a mic in front of her, and what looked to me like a couple of TPTB.

she said, in a sort of jokey fun way "we talk on the phone".

somehow after not too long a time, people started to post here as though we were promised phone conversations on screen. i never saw any such statement, nor did i hear of one. maybe i'm wrong and there was such a statement, but i remember reading posts saying things like; 'and what happened to all those phone conversations we were promised!'

my point here is that sometimes people take a minor little statement made in jest to appease and entertain, or even just as a fun way of saying, don't worry about it, its still there or something like that, and they blow it out of proportion.

my general motto for life is, expect the worst but hope for the best. but thats just me. i'm not sayin' its right, i'm just sayin' its me.

is it just me, or is this way way way more than you wanted to hear? and not in a good way!
                  LOL!!! The more info, the better. I shall check out these sites. Stinks about the magazines and way these rumors get messed up. It's hard to differentiate. But thanks for clearing it up. I've lurked for a while, cuz let's face it: I am a major spoiler junkie. The things about the
                  Spoiler:
                  phone conversations
                  is kinda sad. I guess I must get used to the benefit of the doubt.

Nevertheless, as long as you can differentiate, it's fun to dream...and wish...and hope...and pray...and if all else fails: stalk TPTB.

Originally posted by AllGoodThings...
                  Don’t know if I should be answering this as I’m just a bona fide lurker here and may have missed something but I think I’ll take a crack at it.
                  Spoiler:
                  Some people (like me) get some spoilers from here.
                  But as far as I know there isn’t a REAL pic of Sam in a wedding dress, just talk about her getting to wear one... However there have been some very nice photoshopped pics of her wearing one posted in this thread. I'm not sure about the whole Jack retiring thing though, as far as I know its just rumor.
                  But anyway, I’m trying not to expect too much for season 10 as I don’t want to get my hopes up for nothing but….. I cant help it! lol

YAY one more day!!
                  Thanks for letting me know! But don't I have to join this group to view the goodies?

Comment

Thanks for letting me know! But don't I have to join this group to view the goodies?
                    Oh do you? Sorry I didn’t realize that. But its not a bad thing IMO

Comment

Oh do you? Sorry I didn’t realize that. But its not a bad thing IMO
                      I don't think so either, but I'm starting to lose track of my memberships and forums!!! How did you look at it without joining?

Comment

Stargate barbie, thanks for the reminder and the explanation on how to use the spoiler tags. As a newbie, I have been unable to post a few things I wanted to say because I didn't know where the spoiler tags were.
                        Spoiler:
                        Thanks again. Jack is back!

Comment

I don't think so either, but I'm starting to lose track of my memberships and forums!!! How did you look at it without joining?
                          I did join. I know what you mean though, I have memberships on so many different kinds of sites I cant even begin to keep up with them all! lol

Hey, anyone wanna hear one of my theories (or fantasies rather) about what I'd like to see in season 10?
                          Spoiler:
                          The team is sitting around the table throwing out ideas about what could be in the movie. Someone (perhaps Teal’c) says the bit about a Sam/Jack wedding… we all see their little “fantasy/imaginary” idea of the wedding along with all the other strange, funny, crazy, and wild ideas people come up with for the movie. –skip further into the episode, the movie has been made or still in progress or whatever but there hasn’t been anymore hints of anything to do with Sam and Jack. But then at the end we see another flash of the beautiful Sam/Jack wedding again… and what appears to be just another fantasy/imaginary wedding is suddenly reveled to be the REAL THING!!

Squeeeeeeeee!! LOL Hey I can dream right?

Comment

I did join. I know what you mean though, I have memberships on so many different kinds of sites I cant even begin to keep up with them all! lol

Hey, anyone wanna hear one of my theories (or fantasies rather) about what I'd like to see in season 10?
                            Spoiler:
                            The team is sitting around the table throwing out ideas about what could be in the movie. Someone (perhaps Teal’c) says the bit about a Sam/Jack wedding… we all see their little “fantasy/imaginary” idea of the wedding along with all the other strange, funny, crazy, and wild ideas people come up with for the movie. –skip further into the episode, the movie has been made or still in progress or whatever but there hasn’t been anymore hints of anything to do with Sam and Jack. But then at the end we see another flash of the beautiful Sam/Jack wedding again… and what appears to be just another fantasy/imaginary wedding is suddenly reveled to be the REAL THING!!

Squeeeeeeeee!! LOL Hey I can dream right?

Thanks for sharing! I dream that one too, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Comment

Yes,that's one and the same. So I won't have to post it for Helio. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                                Ookay, it's on Helio II (but IMO could be on other Helio) but I know a search does not always work there.

Hope this works:www.sjhw.net/tolerance/atime.htm

Opps, massive foul-up, that's "A time to Keep" by Sally Reeve, but I'm leaving it up 'cause I'm recommending it, too. Adult.

Back with "To Have and To Hold" later.
                                I thought that one was by Sue Corkill.

Now I love Sally's work as well as Sue's, but as I started reading that I could have sworn it was one of Sue Corkill's...

Comment

Working...
                                X