This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hopalong
    Just rewatched 'Divide and Conquer' (well, it was yesterday, but anyway), and there was one thing I noticed. When Sam said "None of it has to leave this room", Jack looked at her and asked "And we're okay with this?"

I found that interesting. It was like if she had said no, he would have moved heaven and earth to make things okay for them, retire, endure a court martial, anthing.

Maybe my shipper mind went overly romantic, but I couldn't get past the fact he said "We're" not "You're"[/FONT][/SIZE]
    I think you're right that Jack would have braved anything had Sam said no, even going so far as to retire again - though since they were both needed pretty desperately on SG-1, an exemption might have been a possibility. As far as a court martial goes, they hadn't done anything but I could see Jack taking all the blame himself and trying to protect Sam's career. He knows how important it is to her and doesn't want to risk it.

I wonder if Daniel ever learned what happened during Jack's second za'tarc test or if Teal'c and Janet kept in to themselves.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
      I think you're right that Jack would have braved anything had Sam said no, even going so far as to retire again - though since they were both needed pretty desperately on SG-1, an exemption might have been a possibility. As far as a court martial goes, they hadn't done anything but I could see Jack taking all the blame himself and trying to protect Sam's career. He knows how important it is to her and doesn't want to risk it.

I wonder if Daniel ever learned what happened during Jack's second za'tarc test or if Teal'c and Janet kept in to themselves.
      What I've always wondered is...what did Hammond do when he found out? I mean legally, offically. You know he had to be told but what did he do to make sure they did not get into trouble?

EDIT: I just watched your Intuition music vid UhSir! LOVED IT!!
      Last edited by gwenhwyfar; 17 May 2006, 07:32 AM.

Spoiler:
      Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
        What I've always wondered is...what did Hammond do when he found out? I mean legally, offically. You know he had to be told but what did he do to make sure they did not get into trouble?
        Well not only Hammond might have found out. The President was there too and I think that when the Tok'ra went back to Vorash they both would have wanted to know what happened with Sam and Jack.

And yeah, I think Daniel knows what happened!

Originally posted by nell
        If TPTB could give Sam and romantic scenes in Chimera **cough, choke, sputter, gasp**, by golly, I don't think it's too much to ask for Sam and Jack to have a romantic scene, too.
        Yep! We had a so not PG scene in Chimera so Jack and Sam also needa so not PG scene!!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          as much as i love the idea of *seeing* them get together, i also love the idea of them already being married!

let's take a poll.

how many of you want them already married?

sally
          I'm with you Sally.
          I would love to see them get together on screen but realistically I doubt we will ever see it. After all there is a lot of bagage ( and Kerry just for starters) in their relationship which they need to talk about, and let's face it , that's not really what Stargate is about. Besides I would hate to think that Sam and Jack have wasted a whole year to get together, they've waited for 8 years fcol.
          So I vote for having them already married, it would solve the problem of anti-shippers complaining about the waste of time of their scenes and it would mitigate (just a bit) the lack of any Jack's mention by Sam in S9 .

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky
            Well not only Hammond might have found out. The President was there too and I think that when the Tok'ra went back to Vorash they both would have wanted to know what happened with Sam and Jack.

And yeah, I think Daniel knows what happened!
            True. And by then the SGC had asved the world...how many times? Maybe Hammond used that? i know, too fanficy. But then not even getting called on it annoys me. Not because I want them to get in trouble but because The Regs have kept them apary for all these years, and not a slight indecression is on the record and nothing happens!

Yep! We had a so not PG scene in Chimera so Jack and Sam also needa so not PG scene!!
            I wanna know why the...heck...they put that scene in there! The only other scene like it is in Brief Candle, when the series was trying to find itself. Then they obviously decided that this show does not need stuff like that so...why have the scene?

Spoiler:
            Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

It depends on how much they had to tell Hammond to convince him. I'd say that Hammond suspected that they cared about one another - Sam spending a solid three months killing herself building a particle accelorator was probably a bit of a giveaway - but that he would turn a blind eye as much as possible. Would he accept "there were a couple of fine details missing in their stories and the machine mistook them for za'tarcs" or would he push deeper? And if he did, how much would he put in his reports.

I don't know if they would have had to get in trouble since they hadn't actually broken any regs but there would probably have been some who thought that Hammond should have split them up and sent Sam to another team when he first suspected.

Comment

Speaking about Hammond, there's also what he said to Jack in Entity. Jack might have understood he knew then.
                And in TLC, when President Hayes said "I don’t know how we’re ever going to be able to thank you", hammond had that look on his face. I love to think that he was thinking about Jack and Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
                  I'm with you Sally.
                  I would love to see them get together on screen but realistically I doubt we will ever see it. After all there is a lot of bagage ( and Kerry just for starters) in their relationship which they need to talk about, and let's face it , that's not really what Stargate is about. Besides I would hate to think that Sam and Jack have wasted a whole year to get together, they've waited for 8 years fcol.
                  So I vote for having them already married, it would solve the problem of anti-shippers complaining about the waste of time of their scenes and it would mitigate (just a bit) the lack of any Jack's mention by Sam in S9 .
                  The time for showing us Sam and Jack getting together was during S8, around the 'Threads' and 'Moebius' episodes. Since we didn't see it, I would like to think that they got together off screen and didn't waste a whole year just thinking about it. Therefore, I hope that in S10 we see that they are - if not married - at least are together, and have been for some time.
                  sigpic

Comment

I wanna know why the...heck...they put that scene in there! The only other scene like it is in Brief Candle, when the series was trying to find itself. Then they obviously decided that this show does not need stuff like that so...why have the scene?
                    That scene was bad enough because of who was involved, but it was so non-Stargate-ish as to actually jar. Of course, why it was there may have something to do with the person that wrote and directed the episode....... Peter DeLuise.
                    sigpic

Comment

SHIP SHIP HOORAY Special Ops Team (SSHSOT)UPDATE

WELCOME TO ALL NEW TEAM MEMBERS!!!

THE TEAM HAS 40 SPECIAL OPS MEMBERS!!! SWEET!!!

Members may be Shippers or Friends of Sam and Jack.
                      We are a welcoming team. PM me if you are joining.

LOL4JACK
                      nell
                      sg-1fanintn
                      florence
                      Lys(friend of Sam and Jack)
                      TracyJane
                      sueKay
                      michelleb
                      mishy_mo
                      Cathain Nottingham
                      trupi
                      Myrth
                      lonely_star
                      ParadoxRealities
                      SG-1Poz
                      Somnium
                      misstweedledee
                      Sam_Carter
                      MajorSam
                      _Anubis
                      LtColonelSamC
                      Cassie
                      Gatetrixer
                      jafacakes
                      MirthMistress
                      wynter
                      gwenhwyfar
                      Matto Innamorato
                      Toll Verliebt
                      sugarshaker
                      AmberLM
                      shipper hannah
                      mad gater
                      pittsburghgirl
                      Ancient 61
                      cute_az_can_be
                      L.A.Doyle
                      majorsal
                      Terrah
                      hopalong
                      sigpic

Comment

What's the SHIP SHIP HOORAY Special Ops Team?

Comment

Completely OT but I took a really cute piccy today that I'm really proud of and I wanted to share

in tags because it's very big

Spoiler:
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

wow, look at all our gifs 'n quizzes 'n pics (suekay) 'n vids!!! it feels like valenship all over again! and SSHOT with 40 members? wow.

scifi girl:

see lurkers? isn't it so purrrrrrrrdy? and all you have to do is DELURK to get one! :wonders why she's TRYING to give herself more work:

must go try these quizzes!
                            sigpic
                            "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                            Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                              i always wondered that too, but i just assumed daniel would be smart enough to figure it out for himself.

as much as i love the idea of *seeing* them get together, i also love the idea of them already being married!

let's take a poll.

how many of you want them already married?
                              NO!!
                              NOOOOOO!!!!!
                              as much as i support the ship, i can't stand the idea. i know they're in love and all that, but i think they are still getting over the whole CO/subordinate thing rather than jumping straight into a serious relationship. and also.. just NO! i have a problem with the big-wedding-white-picket-fence-2.5-kids thing. It makes me cringe in fanfics. no offence intented to fanfic writers out there lol.
                              sigpic
                              http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                              http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                                wow, look at all our gifs 'n quizzes 'n pics (suekay) 'n vids!!! it feels like valenship all over again! and SSHOT with 40 members? wow.

scifi girl:

see lurkers? isn't it so purrrrrrrrdy? and all you have to do is DELURK to get one! :wonders why she's TRYING to give herself more work:

must go try these quizzes!
                                woohoo
                                its lovely thank you paradox.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Working...
                                X