This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    I think the Simpsons episode was purposefully playing to every stereotype...but I bet they know that SG1 conventions are attended by a predominately female audience.

On the other hand...Star Trek conventions...there were more female guests that female attendees at the Star Trek cons I attended.
    Yeah I think they got the wrong fandom... geez, can they not get anything right?

Seriously though, I thought it was a pretty good episode, however, Rick's voice sounded a little strange to me in parts but maybe it was the quality of the sound on my computer that made that happen. Or maybe he had a cold. *Sniffles* I think I'm coming down with something myself...
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Sally I heard about this earlier in the Morning at work and almost fell off my chair.I was in a bad mood all day.RDA the star of SG-1 for 8 Years on SG-1 is going to be in more Atlantis episodes than SG-1.What a joke.What happened to 5 SG-1 episodes?This is a pathetic attempt by TPTB to get people to watch Atlantis.I do not even watch Atlantis and it is causing problems.If RDA was in 5 episodes of SG-1 I would watch every episode.Now I will watch 2 episodes of SG-1.So much for the good feelings regarding Season 10.IMO the 200TH is already a wasted throw away episode and that leaves one episode of RDA on SG-1.Brillant move again TPTB.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
        Yeah I think they got the wrong fandom... geez, can they not get anything right?

Seriously though, I thought it was a pretty good episode, however, Rick's voice sounded a little strange to me in parts but maybe it was the quality of the sound on my computer that made that happen. Or maybe he had a cold. *Sniffles* I think I'm coming down with something myself...
        yeah i'm pretty sure (although i haven't seen it) that they were going for the "fat sarcastic star trek fan" type thing. its the simpsons. its funny. i don't actually care if they get sci fi fandom right, anymore than i care if they depict all irish people as leprachaun-like alcoholics who are obsessed with catholism. as long as it makes me laugh, and insults everyone equally, i'm happy.

didn't the show also have RDA at the convention? how accurate is that?

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          clickety here
          - http://www.spacecast.com/hypaspace.aspx

look for the SG1 200 interview

Nothing Shippy...but both AT and RDA are in it
          Excuse me while I freak out:

RICKRICKRICKRICKRICKRICKRICKRICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Thunk*!

*ahem* OK, I'm over the shock now. So, urm, thanks for posting the link. I have to say, how gorgeous does Amanda look in that clip? I've heard about a couple of not-so-nice comments that have been made about her appearance post-baby (none of which I think are anything but BTW) but seriously, you can't look at her there and not think "wow!"

I've said it before but I'm 18 and I'd much rather look like Amanda any day of the week and twice on Sundays than the current "FHM most "beautiful" woman in the world" - move over Kiera you've got serious competition lol!

Thanks for posting that SueKay, I didn't realise quite how much I missed seeing them speak on TV (I didn't watch most of S9 for many varied reasons) - I can't wait until July!!!!

p.s. "Yes, we're, um, here to celebrate the, um, opening of the 200th Ben & Jerry's outl-, sorry, what are we here for again?" - LMAO! (Sorry Michael, I'm putting words in your mouth.)
          Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
            yeah i'm pretty sure (although i haven't seen it) that they were going for the "fat sarcastic star trek fan" type thing. its the simpsons. its funny. i don't actually care if they get sci fi fandom right, anymore than i care if they depict all irish people as leprachaun-like alcoholics who are obsessed with catholism. <snip>
            ROFL!! That's my favourite episode of The Simpsons

spoiler if ya haven't seen that ep!
            Spoiler:
            They had everyone in Catholic heaven doing Riverdance!!

Comment

OT (ahem - again) is anyone else getting a new message when you post? About moderation being enabled? It's taking longer to post messages, and it won't let me start a new thread at all. It keeps telling me I haven't entered any characters...

Comment

so the lunch with amanda-rick is closed for bidding now...

AND IT ENDED AT 30,000 DOLLARS!!

i hope whoever is going enjoys it the most and shares it with us!!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                  ROFL!! That's my favourite episode of The Simpsons

spoiler if ya haven't seen that ep!
                  Spoiler:
                  They had everyone in Catholic heaven doing Riverdance!!
                  Spoiler:

yes saw it and loved it! i actually read a newspaper article months before it aired over here talking about it, and how there were bishops, priests, vicars and whatnot complaining about it and the depiction of both catholic and protestant heaven. catholic reps were saying how it portrays them in such a negative light and protestant reps were complaining that it made them look boring!

i thought it was so funny anyway. i even liked liam neesons characters father's comment to him. very funny IMO. but i have a very tasteless sense of humour, so i could understand how people would take offense to that particular comment.

anyway... isn't sam/jack ship great?

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    so the lunch with amanda-rick is closed for bidding now...

AND IT ENDED AT 30,000 DOLLARS!!

i hope whoever is going enjoys it the most and shares it with us!!

sally
                    Wow!! That's fantastic!! I wonder if it's a shipper...

Comment

OT (ahem - again) is anyone else getting a new message when you post? About moderation being enabled? It's taking longer to post messages, and it won't let me start a new thread at all. It keeps telling me I haven't entered any characters...
                      yeah that and a message telling me i have to wait ten seconds before i can post again when i have posted that close together. it seems to be just a glitch on the board, a good few people seem to be having the same problems.

Comment

Spoiler:

yes saw it and loved it! i actually read a newspaper article months before it aired over here talking about it, and how there were bishops, priests, vicars and whatnot complaining about it and the depiction of both catholic and protestant heaven. catholic reps were saying how it portrays them in such a negative light and protestant reps were complaining that it made them look boring!

i thought it was so funny anyway. i even liked liam neesons characters father's comment to him. very funny IMO. but i have a very tasteless sense of humour, so i could understand how people would take offense to that particular comment.

anyway... isn't sam/jack ship great?
                        Yes it is!! Here's a pic

Comment

yeah that and a message telling me i have to wait ten seconds before i can post again when i have posted that close together. it seems to be just a glitch on the board, a good few people seem to be having the same problems.
                          Oh good Thank you!

Comment

Yes it is!! Here's a pic

haven't seen that one in a while. very cute. early ship. is it just me, or are those guys in the background checking sam out?

Comment

I've been having problems too

I use QR all the time...is the same thing happening with normal reply?
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

LOL! Yeah, they are! Ah well, that's nothing unusual! Most of the aliens they encounter tend to at some stage...

Comment

Working...
                                X