Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks ses. So if the list they have for season 10 is correct, it's Memento Mori.

sigpic
    s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
      Yeah , I have never seen a ship so badly handle onTV in my whole life ..

*snipped so I can address this part of your post*

At that point in the Stargate show , I doubt that even a 200 episode ..just one episode dedicated to the ship ..if any !!! big doubts there ..will ever repair what has been done ..I don't think so ...to me it won't , the damage was done in Avalon when TPTB decided to ignore the Sam and Jack togetherness after they produced Threads and Moebius .....not a word . ..therefore they let all the shippers down and most viewers must be so confused right now too specially after
      Spoiler:
      ripple effect

Caty
      I'd like to say that its too little, too late. That they did let us down. They teased us, hinted at more, then not only let it drop, they stomped all over it. But I do want to see it and I can't get rid of the hope that they will come back at some point, even if it is the last episode, and show us a happy Sam and Jack ending. Shame on them for giving me my favorite ship, allowing me to think we had at least S9
      Spoiler:
      left them together, then slowly tear it apart.
      And shame on them for leaving me hoping, most probably in vain, that it is not over.
      sigpic
      ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
        I'd like to say that its too little, too late. That they did let us down. They teased us, hinted at more, then not only let it drop, they stomped all over it. But I do want to see it and I can't get rid of the hope that they will come back at some point, even if it is the last episode, and show us a happy Sam and Jack ending. Shame on them for giving me my favorite ship, allowing me to think we had at least S9
        Spoiler:
        And shame on them for leaving me hoping, most probably in vain, that it is not over.
        ((((((blueiris)))))) I know how you feel. I know that we're all disappointed with s9 and RE especially, but I think in all fairness any show would be showing some deterioration after 9 years. For us, it's Friday night entertainment, but for them it's getting up and going to work every day. I know, that's no excuse for what we've been seeing lately, but I'm trying to keep positive in my own mind.

I think that we got 6 1/2 good years out of SG and I'm thankful for that. IMO we got 4 really good years, then 2 more years that, while disappointing ship-wise, still offered pretty good episodes. The 2 years after that weren't much, but they had their moments.

Even though we didn't get to see as much as we wanted, I think we did get the resolution we wanted in Threads. After D & C, they dropped the ship altogether and could have left it like that. They really didn't have to give us any resolution at all. If it sounds like I'm happy with all this, I'm not, really, but I think it's the best we're going to get. I'm going to try to make the best of the good of what we got, and let our talented fanfic writers fill in the rest.

sigpic
        s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
          Kate /Jack ( LOST ) sure but we must not forget Mulder and Scully & Harm and mac ..the 2 most beautiful ship of all time because ..the TPTB never forgot the continuity in their show even if one of them was absent , there were always the phone calls to remind us about the love they had for each other It's not the Case for Sam and Jack now . I never felt saying to myself in JAG or X-files " where is the ship gone ?!!" because it was always there during the 9 or 10 seasons of both shows . and I loved that

Caty
          Caty, I have started taping and watching JAG reruns now, twice a day, five days a week, so my VCR is very busy. I know how the show ends, but if I didn't I might have thrown the remote at the TV a couple of times. I know I would have for sure if I had been watching during the regular run of the show when we got this scenario: It's the last episode of one season and promises not only a bit of resolution or least some ship but also some info on a medical problem. Then the next episode which in the regular run would have been 4 months later starting the new season. Huh, where is the ship and the medical problem, all the mention is one little sentence. AARGH!! Also Mac has been shipped with several others and Harm with others too, just in the bit I've watched. And I delved a bit into JAGfic and from the comments of one writer or so I got the idea that the show might have gone on without DJE(Harm), if it had gone more than 10 years, and then it also might not have had the resolution everyone wanted.. The last few eps of S10 have focussed a lot on another man (not Bud), which leads me to think they were getting ready for the lack of DJE, just in case. Not to say I am an expert on JAG, just commenting on what I have seen so far. Oh, yeah, I am enjoying it, but like I said, if it weren't for knowing the ending, I would have been an unhappy camper any number of times.

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
            I can understand tptb not wanting to reveal it in a phone call, but do they need to undermine it every chance they get ? It's almost like they are going out of their way to stick needles under shippers nails at every oportunity. And since they make the opportunities ...
            *nods*

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
              Spoiler:
              Lately my attitude has ranged from disappointed to angry. Mainly because they made me care about these two people then pulled the rug out from underneath me.
              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

VALENSHIP DAY!!! SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 12TH
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks Nell! How can this story not have a happy ending?
                  sigpic
                  Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                    Lately my attitude has ranged from disappointed to angry. Mainly because they made me care about these two people then pulled the rug out from underneath me.
                    Me too - and they probably laughed all the way to the bank after doing so.

<in anger mode again>
                    - Mary
                    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Exactly. Why do we always have to see the bad? Can't they give us some good too? Since we are only seeing one side of the relationship, anything bad is most likely a bad reflection on Sam.
                      I agree with you. It is bad enough for tptb to ignore the ship and pretend it never was, but it seems they are going out of their way to rewrite Sam's past relationships with others. Why ? It's almost like they are trying to undermine Sam's character, showing her undecisive and undecided on her feelings. It is getting to a point that even if eventualy they give me any Sam/Jack resolution I will be past caring, and I hate that feeling
                      I want to care with what happens to them, ah ,wait, maybe that's their plan, p***s everyone so much so that then they'll have the excuse that noone wants Sam and Jack ship anymore.
                      Quite clever I supose, in a devilish sort of way
                      Quick , shippy thoughts and pictures needed asap

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
                        I agree with you. It is bad enough for tptb to ignore the ship and pretend it never was, but it seems they are going out of their way to rewrite Sam's past relationships with others. Why ? It's almost like they are trying to undermine Sam's character, showing her undecisive and undecided on her feelings. It is getting to a point that even if eventualy they give me any Sam/Jack resolution I will be past caring, and I hate that feeling
                        I want to care with what happens to them, ah ,wait, maybe that's their plan, p***s everyone so much so that then they'll have the excuse that noone wants Sam and Jack ship anymore.
                        Quite clever I supose, in a devilish sort of way
                        Quick , shippy thoughts and pictures needed asap
                        This is the only pic I have left. I got fed up months ago and deleted most of my J/S pics. But for some reason I couldn't delete this one.

Last edited by Rogue; 31 January 2006, 07:02 PM.
                        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

This is the only pic I have left. I got fed up months ago and deleted most of my J/S pics. But for some reason I couldn't delete this one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...deathknell.jpg
                          Here's another one to hopefully cheer you both up a wee bit...

sigpic

Comment

Here's some pretty pictures to makes us remember why we are here:

I can keep going but I think you have the idea! Thanks lonely_star
                            Last edited by trupi; 31 January 2006, 08:20 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

I see the thread needs a bump up! Almost at the bottom of the second page, " FOR SHAME". There are evil forces about trying to destroy the family. Please get a immunity booster, take lots of shipper cookies and put a on your face, By order of Dr. Trupi! We need to stick together and unless they match Sam up with , the ship is not sunk.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                                Here's some pretty pictures to makes us remember why we are here:
                                I can keep going but I think you have the idea! Thanks lonely_star
                                GULP, I'm swooning from the LOVE!!! thanks, trupi!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X