X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    I've been having problems too

I use QR all the time...is the same thing happening with normal reply?
    It was, but it's just been normal for my last couple of posts now...

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
      LOL! Yeah, they are! Ah well, that's nothing unusual! Most of the aliens they encounter tend to at some stage...
      in fairness though, most of the shows fans too.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
        I think the Simpsons episode was purposefully playing to every stereotype...but I bet they know that SG1 conventions are attended by a predominately female audience.

On the other hand...Star Trek conventions...there were more female guests that female attendees at the Star Trek cons I attended.

Many women at the ones I went to. Why the change? Maybe the "7 of 9" syndrome happened. Women started the ST conventions BTW, there's even a book about it. (They wrote it, but it's interesting.)

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
          in fairness though, most of the shows fans too.
          That's true...and also to be fair, it's not just Sam...

Comment

With all the different information about the ship, which eps RDA will be in, and so on, I guess I won't believe a thing until I see it. Part of me hopes TPTB are reading this thread. They need to know what the fans think, and if everyone is unhappy(which seems to be the case), they have some thinking to do! I'll be hoping for the 4 eps of SG-1 and 1 of Atlantis and the ship really(not AU etc.) comes in. If they mess it up there are going to be a lot of upset people...not good for the show's already fragile condition. Please PTB, don't be stupid! *Crosses fingers Jonas style*

Comment

L.A. Doyle

Yup...TPTB do read this thread...they've even posted here in the past...back in the good ole days when all we had to worry about was Pete...

now we've got to wonder about the very fabric of the show...we should have realised that Pete was only a lame duck and wouldn't last

sorry...in need of sleep and...stuff...I think

I'm tired
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

La, la, la.... Sticks headphones in ears to listen to 'Always' by Bon Jovi

*ALWAYS* - when you're feeling low and it looks like there's no light at the end of the tunnel just say that word and smile....

It's gonna happen and it's gonna happen right. I have blind faith.
                Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

LOL! Ah yeah wasn't the whole Pete thing funny. Ya know, not at the time. But looking back on it now I think it was just a huge practical joke TPTB were playing on shippers. They love us really.
                  I miss JM.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                    La, la, la.... Sticks headphones in ears to listen to 'Always' by Bon Jovi

*ALWAYS* - when you're feeling low and it looks like there's no light at the end of the tunnel just say that word and smile....

It's gonna happen and it's gonna happen right. I have blind faith.
                    I was thinking about the early days of SG1...ya know, once they had that little bit of flirting when they first met in CotG TPTB were never going to get away from it. Then they did D&C...and WoO...and BtS
                    S4 was great!!
                    It was TPTB's idea in the first place, so they will follow through with it. It's only logical.

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                      I was thinking about the early days of SG1...ya know, once they had that little bit of flirting when they first met in CotG TPTB were never going to get away from it. Then they did D&C...and WoO...and BtS
                      S4 was great!!
                      It was TPTB's idea in the first place, so they will follow through with it. It's only logical.
                      i don't want to put too much of a downer on the thread, but lots of things were TPTB's ideas that they didn't follow through on.

but we'll always have season 4. and to a slightly lesser extent seasons 1-3, season 6 and season 8. and not exactly.

i was totally optimistic about it until today. now i guess i'll believe it when i see it, or when i hear the kind of spoilers i want to hear.

Comment

L.A Doyle I though TPTB finally learned something after Season 9 and having RDA back.It is obvious I gave TPTB too much credit.Season 10 will be no different than Season 9 IMO.TPTB will probably have RDA waste time with the Martin Lloyd charater for the 200th episode.I cannot understand TPTB thinking behind this WormWhole Extreme nonsense.Someone should remind TPTB that episodes like 100 and 200 should be special and not through away episodes for TPTB to get in the limelight.

Comment

Yeah I don't get why they keep bringing Martin back. IMO he's annoying and if they wanna bring a similar character back then I vote for Joe (the barber from Indiana, not 'Dearly beloved Ambassador') - I mean, come on, the guy is Homer Simpson AND he's a shipper to boot! What more could we ask for?!?
                          Joe: "So?"
                          Jack: "So what?"
                          Joe: "Have you asked her yet?"
                          Jack: (playing dense) "I don't know what you're talking about!"
                          Joe: "Oh, come on, you've had that ring stashed away for, what is it, *Six*, years now and you still haven't..." (Sam walks in behind Joe) "...asked Sam to marry you yet?"
                          Sam: "Joe! It's nice to see you again! How's your wife?"
                          Joe: "She's fine thanks, Colonel Carter."
                          Sam: "Actually... it's Colonel O'Neill now."
                          Jack dons a huge grin and Joe looks shocked but very happy.
                          Last edited by AmberLM; 28 April 2006, 03:29 PM.
                          Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                            You wouldn't happen to be this Seldear would you?

If so I will quite unashamedly grovel at your feet

Hey everybody - this is only the writer who first got me hooked on fanfic! *happily reminices on many a late night reading marathon until I'd read everything on the site From there it was just a little step into fandom and Gateworld *sigh*

Same here, I did a double take when I first saw her name

Comment

IMO epsiodes like WormWhole Extreme are the reason SG-1 does not get the critical attention like BSG.I doubt BSG has done many WormWhole Xtreme episodes.Getting back to RDA only in 2 SG-1 episodes, it's almost seems TPTB are trying to get SG-1 off the air.Brad Wright sounded like he was ready to do an SG-1 Movie.I'm all for SG-1 going into Movies instead of being a weekly series.If SG-1 is going to continue and RDA wants to do a couple of episodes why waste an appearance by RDA with another WormWhole Xtreme? Why have RDA on Atlantis more than on SG-1? TPTB should just cancel SG-1 already so they can focus on Atlantis.IMO it's obvious Atlantis is the priority now.
                              Last edited by ses110; 28 April 2006, 03:47 PM.

Comment

i just have to take a moment to let this out....

please don't be offended....

ready.....

hope this doesn't upset anyone...

SSSSSQQQQQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

k, got that out of my system.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X