Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somehow I always seem to end up with two or more posts in a row.

Sam had already approached Jack before she found out Jacob was ill. But Kerry was there. Do you suppose she would have acted more aware of the meaning of Jacob's advice if Kerry had not been there at Jack's, even if she hadn't had time to tell Jack of her feelings? Somehow I think she had already had made up her mind to nix the wedding, no matter what happened, but she just couldn't tell Jacob yet.

Comment

Drive by short-fic recommendation for a shippy afternoon sigh.

"afoot", by Suz Voy
      http://www.sjhw.net/suzvoy/afoot.html

Ta!
      mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
        Somehow I always seem to end up with two or more posts in a row.

Sam had already approached Jack before she found out Jacob was ill. But Kerry was there. Do you suppose she would have acted more aware of the meaning of Jacob's advice if Kerry had not been there at Jack's, even if she hadn't had time to tell Jack of her feelings? Somehow I think she had already had made up her mind to nix the wedding, no matter what happened, but she just couldn't tell Jacob yet.
        I had wished
        Spoiler:
        she had broken up with Pete before the visit to Jack's house. That way we were sure she was going to all off the wedding whether the visit was positive or negative. But Sam broke up with Pete thinking that Jack and Kerry were together. So that leads me to believe she was going to nix it whatever the out come of the visit.
        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
          I had wished
          Spoiler:
          she had broken up with Pete before the visit to Jack's house. That way we were sure she was going to all off the wedding whether the visit was positive or negative. But Sam broke up with Pete thinking that Jack and Kerry were together. So that leads me to believe she was going to nix it whatever the out come of the visit.
          What I wish is that
          Spoiler:
          Kerry had not been there when Sam arrived. Then perhaps Sam could have told Jack the real reason for calling off the wedding. She could have even come out with the words and then had Kerry walk in...that would have added some particular distress.
          -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by nell
            <snipage>
            Now what did Pete mean by "I knew from the beginning." My first impression was that he knew or suspected that Sam had romantic feelings for Jack.

But, when he said, " I wish I could believe this had something to do with your father -- you needed some time to just work things out. I guess all I can say is: I hope you get what you want, " I got a little confused.

Did he mean that he wished she attributed the break up to her father OR did Sam break up with him using the excuse that it was because of her father's death that she needed time?

I am falling on the side of Sam telling him she had feelings for someone else. Maybe she didn't name Jack but Pete figured it out.

Next, when Sam said, "I just ... I thought you would react differently."

Did you think she was thinking about Jack? That no matter what Jack was "Always" there for her? And Pete stalks off. (Pun intended).
            [/spoiler] So tell me if you agree, disagree and why. Thanks!
            my theories on threads
            Spoiler:

"I knew from the beginning":
            i think he meant that he knew her heart wasn't fully invested in him. i'm not sure if he meant that he knew about jack, but i think he knew it wouldn't work out.

when he said he wished he could believe it had something to do with jacob i very much do NOT think that she used jacobs death as an excuse. not at all, sams not that type of person. i think he meant that he wanted to think that her fathers death caused her to make rash and hasty decisions that she would regret, or that she didn't mean.

i'm not sure if she did say that she had feelings for someone else. when i first saw it i did, but now i have many theories running around my head. perhaps she hinted at feelings for someone else. perhaps she even went so far as to name jack, though i doubt it, i don't think she would want to rub salt in his wounds. i would imagine she said something along the lines of:
            "i'm sorry, i can't love you as much as/the way you deserve" or many other possibilities that i won't bother posting.

i would say that pete figured it out. maybe she hadn't intended to say she was in love with someone and had been all along, or that she was trying to get over someone when she met him and couldn't or anything like that, but pete might have called her on it. i don't think names were mentioned though.

when sam said "i thought you would react differently", i think she meant that she thought he would get very angry. this is what leads me to think that her feelings for 'someone else' very possibly came up. or perhaps she didn't tell him anything he wanted to know, and she expected him to react the way he did in chimera, yell, cause a fuss, make her cry, then walk out in a big angry sulk.
            he didn't, so i guess being with sam made him a better person in some way.
            i think sam was prepared to be yelled at and called all the bad names under the sun. and the fact that he didn't react that way, and this surprised her, was i think, the final nail in the coffin so to speak. by that i mean that it confirmed to sam that he wasn't right for her at all. first that she would expect him to react like that, means she couldn't trust him, among other things. then that he reacted so differently meant that neither of them knew the other well enough for their relationship to last.

that and he was a jerk.

and this concludes another very long post. (i swear i'm quiter in RL, i swear it!)

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
              What I wish is that
              Spoiler:
              Kerry had not been there when Sam arrived. Then perhaps Sam could have told Jack the real reason for calling off the wedding. She could have even come out with the words and then had Kerry walk in...that would have added some particular distress.
              Or better yet,
              Spoiler:
              Kerry not be there at all! Finally having a conversation without any interuptions.
              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                my theories on threads
                Spoiler:

"I knew from the beginning":
                i think he meant that he knew her heart wasn't fully invested in him. i'm not sure if he meant that he knew about jack, but i think he knew it wouldn't work out.

when he said he wished he could believe it had something to do with jacob i very much do NOT think that she used jacobs death as an excuse. not at all, sams not that type of person. i think he meant that he wanted to think that her fathers death caused her to make rash and hasty decisions that she would regret, or that she didn't mean.

i'm not sure if she did say that she had feelings for someone else. when i first saw it i did, but now i have many theories running around my head. perhaps she hinted at feelings for someone else. perhaps she even went so far as to name jack, though i doubt it, i don't think she would want to rub salt in his wounds. i would imagine she said something along the lines of:
                "i'm sorry, i can't love you as much as/the way you deserve" or many other possibilities that i won't bother posting.

i would say that pete figured it out. maybe she hadn't intended to say she was in love with someone and had been all along, or that she was trying to get over someone when she met him and couldn't or anything like that, but pete might have called her on it. i don't think names were mentioned though.

when sam said "i thought you would react differently", i think she meant that she thought he would get very angry. this is what leads me to think that her feelings for 'someone else' very possibly came up. or perhaps she didn't tell him anything he wanted to know, and she expected him to react the way he did in chimera, yell, cause a fuss, make her cry, then walk out in a big angry sulk.
                he didn't, so i guess being with sam made him a better person in some way.
                i think sam was prepared to be yelled at and called all the bad names under the sun. and the fact that he didn't react that way, and this surprised her, was i think, the final nail in the coffin so to speak. by that i mean that it confirmed to sam that he wasn't right for her at all. first that she would expect him to react like that, means she couldn't trust him, among other things. then that he reacted so differently meant that neither of them knew the other well enough for their relationship to last.

that and he was a jerk.

and this concludes another very long post. (i swear i'm quiter in RL, i swear it!)
                I don't think
                Spoiler:
                she told him she had feeling for another man, especially when she just saw that man with another woman. I think she told him that this wasn't right for her, and her heart wasn't in it. I think she expected him to get upset. He did have alot more invested in this relationship than she did.

Rogue

Comment

Ok...more discussion on Threads:

Spoiler:
                  If Pete was so in love with Sam, then why did he give up on her so easily. We all know he was a closet stalker and certainly tried to control her life, so why give up? My only theory is that Sam did tell him there was someone else, or at least the hope of someone else. That's what made him walk away so easily. Perhaps he felt betrayed because she told him that she had been in love with someone the whole time they had been together. Wow...talk about a crush to the old ego. I don't think she specifically named Jack as the true love of her life, but maybe she did mention in the conversation that it was someone that she was not able to be with because of outside forces and he figured it out.

Just my two cents worth...
                  -girlgater

Comment

I don't think
                    Spoiler:
                    she told him she had feeling for another man, especially when she just saw that man with another woman. I think she told him that this wasn't right for her, and her heart wasn't in it. I think she expected him to get upset. He did have alot more invested in this relationship than she did.
                    I agree Rogue. I also agree with everyone about the fact that
                    Spoiler:
                    Sam expected him to get angry, especially after the way he reacted in Chimera.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                      Ok...more discussion on Threads:

Spoiler:
                      If Pete was so in love with Sam, then why did he give up on her so easily. We all know he was a closet stalker and certainly tried to control her life, so why give up? My only theory is that Sam did tell him there was someone else, or at least the hope of someone else. That's what made him walk away so easily. Perhaps he felt betrayed because she told him that she had been in love with someone the whole time they had been together. Wow...talk about a crush to the old ego. I don't think she specifically named Jack as the true love of her life, but maybe she did mention in the conversation that it was someone that she was not able to be with because of outside forces and he figured it out.

Just my two cents worth...
                      I think he
                      Spoiler:
                      saw the writing on the wall, it was just a matter of time. So he wasn't too surprised when she dumped him. Maybe he came to the realization that no matter what he did, he couldn't make Sam love him or want to be with him. I honestly don't think Sam would hurt him by telling him she has been in love with another man all this time.

Rogue

Comment

I think he
                        Spoiler:
                        saw the writing on the wall, it was just a matter of time. So he wasn't too surprised when she dumped him. Maybe he came to the realization that no matter what he did, he couldn't make Sam love him or want to be with him. I honestly don't think Sam would hurt him by telling him she has been in love with another man all this time.
                        It would have been cruel and out of character for her to have done that. You're right.
                        -girlgater

Comment

Thank you for wishing me bettership but I really don't feel better. It hurts Lana was a member of my family. Some might think it was just a dog. For me it is not. Lana was a part of me. He was a part of our family. Dogs are so special to us ! Those people who dare say it is just a dog, get over it or so. If I would ever see one saying that I would punch him in the hospital Dogs are men's best friend and I sometimes think that they are even better then most of the humans that are walking here on Earth. Lana was family a part of us !! I played a lot with him, gave him so much attention. She gives me licks and with the poth spelling?? (the feet) She had bitten 3 basketballs into pieces Seeing her suffering, whinning,howling and you can't do anything ANYTHING about it. I wanted to take her pain !! There was a bleeding inside her brain. She felt a couple of times, she couldn't get up, so nervous. It makes you crazy can't stop thinking of Lana :'( it hurts sooo much I am crying right now. I want my dog back !!! I want him back Lana why did you had to die???

EDIT: oh and something that doesn't belong with above but it is a request for you. Could perhaps some of you join our forum? because we would like to have some more members on our forum
                          Last edited by Lord Zedd; 20 October 2005, 02:09 PM.
                          Lord Zedd

Comment

Hey all...will join discussion eventually...I swear...just got home...saw Wallace and Gromit

Instructions for members of the SI Gallery on how to upload your own pictures.

1. Log in
                            2. Look at the 3rd button along...it should say 'admin mode'...click on it.
                            3. Click on the 'Upload file' button
                            4. Below the themes and languages, click on the Create/Order Albums
                            5. Click the 'new' button and input the desired name of your album. Create your album.
                            6. Next, go back to the 'Upload File' button, and click it. Upload files as instructed!
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Anubis - if you want to talk, just drop me a PM. I'm so sorry...I wish I could say something to make you feel better, but I can't, but if you need someone to just listen, we're all here for you.
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

anubis, you have my absolute deepest sympathy. my family dog died 5 years ago and i was devastated. i didn't get out of bed for 3 days. i understand how you feel, and i'm so sorry to hear that this happened to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X