X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*headdesk*

And I was so close to redeeming myself.

In spoilers, cause the pics from Continuum even though there's not a thing plot related:

Spoiler:

This one's for Pengyn

Comment

Originally posted by Blacky Kitten View Post
      <snip>

Agree! I have a guestion. I saw '100 days' just one tima and not very attentively. She was flirting with Jack before stone rain (he-he, my poor english) and after it she was bewailing her husband. But where was he before stone rain? Was he alive or did he die during it? If the first then Laira a just a *****(it againa forum's rules to write those words) and if the second won't hat be against her village regs or something?

Yeah, Sara! She's blond and have blue eyes, like Sam! Jumble, why Laira???
      Firstly, I could be wrong, but I thought Laira said she mourned her husband for 100 days? Then she left her house and started living again.

Secondly, I liked Laira (ducks) As someone else said earlier, she gave him time to settle and adjust before she started making romantic overtures to him, and I have no doubt at all that she was in love with him. As far as she knew, he was single and available, so why shouldn't she make a play for him? She let him grieve, whilst supporting him, taking care of him and also defending him when the villagers were blaming him for the loss of the rest of their brethren who went through the gate. She was also honest with him. She didn't have to tell him when she heard Teal'c on the radio, she could have said nothing. She must have realised that telling him would mean she would lose him, but she told him anyway. I'm not sure that I would have

I've always like A Hundred Days, its just always seemed to me a very poignant episode both from Jack's PoV and from Sam's. She never gave up trying to get him back. And she was rewarded with the knowledge that Jack had found love while she was missing him. Maybe not the earth-shattering, blow-your-mind, soulmates-meant-to-be kind of love, but a love nevertheless.

Phew! That's gotta be my longest rant ever

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Secondly, I liked Laira (ducks) As someone else said earlier, she gave him time to settle and adjust before she started making romantic overtures to him, and I have no doubt at all that she was in love with him. As far as she knew, he was single and available, so why shouldn't she make a play for him? She let him grieve, whilst supporting him, taking care of him and also defending him when the villagers were blaming him for the loss of the rest of their brethren who went through the gate. She was also honest with him. She didn't have to tell him when she heard Teal'c on the radio, she could have said nothing. She must have realised that telling him would mean she would lose him, but she told him anyway. I'm not sure that I would have
        *sigh* 100 Days is one of my husband's favorite episodes. Possibly because he longs for a simple life himself.

Good Ole DH did redeem himself, though, when while watching the beginning of LC he noted that, "When you'd rather interact with her - through only a crossword puzzle - than explore other planets and play with really cool toys, it's time to reevaluate your life, buddy."

So, I kept him

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
          ROFL! TR, I was splashing in the gutter many moons ago! And I can neither confirm not deny Cavern-dwelling tendencies...I just make stuff Angsty people would like...
          Glad I could make you laugh! For some reason I'm not believing that non-answer...

I feel it's time for another gentle reminder...When quoting, REMOVE ALL [IMG][/IMG] TAGS!!!! It takes forever for people with dial up, and it's against the rules. The MODS have warned us before, and we don't want to get in trouble. I understand we all sometimes forget, but we really should try to remember.

And now back to our regular scheduled shipping...
          sigpic
          Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Firstly, I could be wrong, but I thought Laira said she mourned her husband for 100 days? Then she left her house and started living again.

I've always like A Hundred Days, its just always seemed to me a very poignant episode both from Jack's PoV and from Sam's. She never gave up trying to get him back. And she was rewarded with the knowledge that Jack had found love while she was missing him. Maybe not the earth-shattering, blow-your-mind, soulmates-meant-to-be kind of love, but a love nevertheless.

Phew! That's gotta be my longest rant ever
            That's why i don't like it. I love angst with happy ending like Threads Don't like angsty angst
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
              *headdesk*

In spoilers, cause the pics from Continuum even though there's not a thing plot related:

Spoiler:
              http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o156/JenniferJF/manips/MoreFeathers.jpg

This one's for Pengyn
              hehehe
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lara_SGC View Post
                Can someone tell me when I can start greening people again? <snip>
                You can only green 20 people in any 24 hour period, and you have to green, I think, 15 other people before you can green the same person again. Sometimes it drives me crazy not being able to green someone, but unfortunately thems the rules

Comment

That's why i don't like it. I love angst with happy ending like Threads Don't like angsty angst
                  You don't think A Hundred Days had a happy ending? Sam and the team got Jack back, how is that not happy? It was poor Laira that got the unhappy ending.

Comment

*headdesk*

Spoiler:

This one's for Pengyn
                    Hehehe!
                    sigpic

Comment

*headdesk*

This one's for Pengyn
                      He-he, love that!

You don't think A Hundred Days had a happy ending? Sam and the team got Jack back, how is that not happy? It was poor Laira that got the unhappy ending.
                      I forgot to say 'happy shippy ending' That is perfect!

Off to bed now. Let fluff be everywhere...

Night shippers (((((family)))))
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't think this is very happy ending
                        sigpic

Comment

Some of us UK shippers are thinking about arranging a meet
                          If you are in the UK and would be interested in
                          discussing the possibilities
                          pm your name and whereabouts to Sarai or Jumble
                          (just the County if you’re shy)
                          and we’ll see what develops!!!

A Hundred Days - Angst (spoilered for size)

Spoiler:

And because July is about to be over

And does anyone else find it interesting that Orlin got the most votes? He is after all the only one who is not, and never really was, available to Sam, being an ascended Ancient, in fact a no longer existing ascended Ancient? Freud would make something out of that

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                            http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh314/jasminaGo/sg1/sg1-3x17-3774.jpg

I don't think this is very happy ending
                            But she got him back. Laira never saw him again Just MHO

Comment

And does anyone else find it interesting that Orlin got the most votes? He is after all the only one who is not, and never really was, available to Sam, being an ascended Ancient, in fact a no longer existing ascended Ancient? Freud would make something out of that

Yeah, thats actually very interesting. Maybe thats how we feel about it on the subconcious level, though on the conscious its all about the intellectual connection they would have.

And also the beard....

Still he's no Jack

Comment

Thanks for congrats, guys!

Can we expect such clips from other seasons?
                                Yeah I can do so up until season 3 'cause that is as far as my notes go. I'm checking my SamJack map on my pc. Found some things I did AGES ago

Season 2
                                ---------
                                O'Neill: Carter, if someone comes in here, you... bite him in the hand. (When they wake up blind, he patted around him ending on Sam's face and she bit him.)

Sam: Thought you were gone for good, Sir.
                                Jack: Wild horses, Captain.

Teal'c: Daniel Jackson assures me the Abydonians are a peaceful people.
                                O'Neill: You kidding? They're a great people. In fact, what do you say you and
                                me blow off this medal ceremony thing and go with the boys? (To Sam.)

Carter: As in my father, yes, sir.
                                O'Neill: Get outta town. Sam's dad? I've heard nothing about you, sir.

O'Neill: I retired myself one time, couldn't stay away.
                                Jacob: From your analysis of deep space radar telemetry?
                                O'Neill: It's just so damned fascinating.
                                O'Neill: General, Captain, General, Waiter...

O'Neill: What's with the "worm" part? The "worm" thing -- I, I don't get that.
                                Carter: That's just a metaphor.
                                O'Neill: Right, I knew that.

O'Neill: Will you stop that?!
                                Carter: We're in trouble, Sir.
                                O'Neill: Thank you... Think of something.

Cromwell: Don't even pretend you understood that. (To Jack, after Sam's just gone into techno-babble mode)

Cromwell: Man, she is...
                                O'Neill: ...way smarter than we are. I know. (On Sam)

Comment

Working...
                                X