This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Anubis
    How did you know about that? How do you know they are going to make one? Where can I read it?

my dog is going to die
    I'm very sorry to hear that _Anubis (((((_Anubis)))))

The excitement about the film is coming from a comment made by, I think Martin Wood, but it could have been one of the other PTB. I don't have the link, someone else might have it, but it's definitly here somewhere, a couple of pages back I think.

Comment

((((Anubis)))))

I'm really sorry about your dog
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

As you can see...more of my site is online, with contributed articles from UhSir and Somnium!

Caty - you can register and upload files yourself now, so you can do what you like rather than me predetermining everything!

Shel - glad you likey
        sigpic

Comment

I agree sueKay.I do not think TPTB are pulling our chains.It did not sound like Martin Wood was joking.TPTB have too much to lose by joking about a Movie.Many Fans are not Happy with SG-1 right now and by pulling our chains regarding a Movie TPTB would turn off many Fans for good.
          Last edited by ses110; 19 October 2005, 02:42 PM.

Comment

I have a slight problem.... after watching The Siege 3 tonight
            Spoiler:
            and seeing Sheppard & Weir hugging, and that little 'moment', I've fallen back into that ship...

They're so good at setting up ships..... S/J: The early days was great. Then there was that dry spell..... although, Pete aside, the last couple of years have been good ship-wise. But I'm not sure I want to put myself through all this again...

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
              Yes, mam!

Ahhh, I'd like to think that they would come out with something...maybe at the end of the movie. Sg1fanintn had a great scenario several pages back where Jack comes to pick Sam up at the end of the day. I'd be happy with that!
              Why, thanks, girlgater! I've been thinking about sueKay's question about whether they will play Sam and Jack in an established relationship in the movie. In my mind, they've finally made it canon, between Threads, Moebius and EDM. Even JM has said he thought it was "obvious." So, I'm very optimistic that they'll play it as an established relationship, and give us a little something......like that...

...BIG HONKIN' KISS WE'VE BEEN
              WAITING FOR SO LONG!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                Why, thanks, girlgater! I've been thinking about sueKay's question about whether they will play Sam and Jack in an established relationship in the movie. In my mind, they've finally made it canon, between Threads, Moebius and EDM. Even JM has said he thought it was "obvious." So, I'm very optimistic that they'll play it as an established relationship, and give us a little something......like that...

...BIG HONKIN' KISS WE'VE BEEN
                WAITING FOR SO LONG!!!!!

Yes please!!

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                  I have a slight problem.... after watching The Siege 3 tonight
                  Spoiler:
                  and seeing Sheppard & Weir hugging, and that little 'moment', I've fallen back into that ship...

They're so good at setting up ships..... S/J: The early days was great. Then there was that dry spell..... although, Pete aside, the last couple of years have been good ship-wise. But I'm not sure I want to put myself through all this again...
                  my personal opinion on that ship is... eh.
                  just seems like they're weighing up their options before they decide on who gets to pair off.

shep/teyla or shep/weir, oooh if we go with shep/teyla then weir and mckay could hook up! and shep and teyla do have good chemistry, but originally we saw them as a teal'c and o'neill type of thing so thats a bit creepy.

but on the other hand shep/weir... well they are the male and female leads in a way, and it worked with jack and sam. and it is almost tradition now. and i guess they have some chemistry.

but on the other hand...... etc.

i'm just not buying it!

sam/jack to me was a completely natural evolution for the show, as they have such wonderful and natural chemistry, that even when something isn't written in a shippy way, it can come across that way. the atlantis ships seem a bit unnatural to me so far. i can kind of see shep/teyla potential. but it just didn't hit me the way s/j did.

now, i've recently bought firefly and am 3 eps from the last one, and mal/inara kinda hit me. i think i've developed a shipesque following for my third (maybe fourth) ever show. (don't tell me anything about firefly or serenity as i'm somehow spoiler free and don't want to jinx it.)

whew, long post huh?

Comment

I think Shep/Weir does come across as the most natural ship in Atlantis - not quite to the same degree as S/J, but enough to make me want to see more!

Comment

Well, I kinda took Martin's comment seriously, because of the last part of it. I know nothing's definite yet (and, if you'll notice, GW has not posted a story, which implies they haven't confirmed it), but I thought the last part sounded as if planning had started:

Spoiler:
                      SG-P Question: What about a new Stargate movie?
                      Martin Wood: I would love to do one, Brad and Robert would love to do one, Amanda [Tapping], Michael [Shanks], Chris [Judge] AND Richard [Dean Anderson] would love to do one, we have been batting one around for so many years now and finally... oh, I can’t tell you about that!

That "finally" part sounded like it was no longer just being discussed, but had moved along. Any other interpretations?

And on the issue of the thread being slow, I'd like to add this note.

I've been discouraged about it some too, and I'm one of the ones who hasn't been here as much lately. But it's not because my interest in the ship has waned. It's because of RL. As some of you know, work has been pretty demanding for me lately. I'm not always getting my lunch hour these days, much less time to log in during lunch hour! And fall is such a busy time of the year for my family! We go to a lot of fall festivals, concerts, etc. This is just the time of year when a lot is going on in my region. So that cuts into my time on the weekends. And Hubby's laptop problems have forced him to use the desktop quite a bit for work in the evenings, resulting into another cut into my online time.

So if I'm not here, it's not because I have tired of the ship, or the company here. RL has just been eating into my GW time lately.

I hope that similar RL events are why some people have been absent lately. Plus, we're (the U. S.) halfway through a near shipless season! Without new eps, there's always less less online traffic. I think it'll pick up again, as we approach January.

But on the upside, have you noticed? Despite busy lives, lack of RDA/AT screen time, etc., new shippers keep finding us!

Welcome, sky blue waters!
                      Welcome, scifi_girl!
                      Welcome, beccyd!
                      And welcome to anyone else I've missed!

Our ship lives.
                      Our ship lives LARGE!

Comment

yeah, i still love ship and i still check in almost every day and will while i can. but my life is about to get very very busy, so thats not gonna happen for very long.

i tend not to post unless i have something to say, useless as it might be. but soon, when i have some time, i'm going to start capping some eps, and then i'll be posting some of them i hope.

to paraphrase a wonderful (if sometimes confusing) saying;
                        keep on shippin'

Comment

Shel...yeah...I was feelin the Shep/Weir lovin' tonight...

*thwacks self on the head*

and it starts again...

*runs off screaming like a maniac about getting caught up in (yet) another ship*

I think ships are like fishing boats...and we're the fish...

hmm...maybe the fish in Moebius was meant to symbolise shippers jumping for joy!

*runs away*
                          sigpic

Comment

And here's a general principles-I love Sam & Jack piccie for a bump before I have to go eat dinner!

Comment

night all!

remember - the future is bright, the future is ship!
                              sigpic

Comment

Ex Deus Machina SPOILERS...I WAS SOOOO CLOSE!

I called it, shippers. I practically got the scene between Sam and Barrett in Ex Deus Machina down about two months ago almost EXACTLY the way it played out. (okay I was wrong about Orlin but we didn't know then what we know now).

Many shippers feared that Sam would hook up with Barrett or something like that. I and a few others believed that the interaction between Sam and Barrett would be the powers that be's way of reinforcing Sam and Jack. I think Caty wanted it to be more blatant but I figured it would be subtle.

I was right...Here's the link to what I predicted back in APRIL: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1464

Here's the text from it:

I also think that there's a good chance that Orlin and Barrett's appearances could in a nuanced kind of way work to reinforce the Sam/Jack ship...but I believe it will be alot more subtle than that...

I see something like this:

Barrett and Sam are talking over whatever it is they're working on together...Sam heads over to the computer and starts typing... Barrett sees this as an opportunity to spark a conversation:

Barrett: So, uh, I noticed you're not wearing a ring.
                                Sam (surprised at his bluntness): No...no I'm not.
                                Barrett (hems and haws a little): You know, that dinner invitation is still open.
                                Sam (turns to face him, humored by his poor sense of timing, and then turns back to the computer): Sorry, Barrett, but I'm involved with someone.
                                Barrett (a little embarrassed): Oh, really? Same guy as before?
                                Sam (tersely, hoping the conversation ends sooner rather than later): No.
                                Barrett (feeling uneasy, but in too deep to let it drop just yet): So, um, is it serious?
                                Sam (grinning coyly): You might say that.

Sam and Barrett exchange an awkward glance before they continue working.

Here's what ACTUALLY was said between Sam and Agent Barrett from Ex Deus Machina:

Barrett: How's Pete?
                                Sam: We broke up.
                                Barrett: Well...I'm sorry to hear that.
                                Sam: Well, it's the best thing for both of us.
                                Barrett (after a pause): So, you're single again?
                                Sam (pauses): Not exactly.

Sam looks at him...both are a little uncomfortable. End of scene.

Subtle reinforcement of Sam and Jack. I WAS RIGHT!

So there.

Although I'm a little freaked that I'm so tuned in to the PTB mindset... *shudders*

Last edited by Uber; 19 October 2005, 03:43 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X