X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After dinner bump!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Ex Deus Machina SPOILERS...I WAS SOOOO CLOSE!

I called it, shippers. I practically got the scene between Sam and Barrett in Ex Deus Machina down about two months ago almost EXACTLY the way it played out.
      Uh.....you say that like you're surprised you got it right. Come on! We're used to intuitive, insightful observations here! And you are one of the best.....our wittle pain in the mikta!

Comment

JACK: Whatcha readin', Sam?

SAM: The first draft of the script for our new movie, Jack.

JACK: What's it about?

SAM: Well....it's about you, and me.....and a little thing called the Stargate.

Comment

Yoo Hoo!!!! Where's everybody??? I worked late tonight!!! Now I'm ready to play!!!

Actually, I wanted to examine, interpret, and analyze a Threads scene. Maybe I missed this discussion but if any of you are like me when it comes to Shipping, you don't mind re-visiting these discussions!!!

Ahem, right about now it will be really nice to actually have somebody to join in!!!

Threads scene spoiler
          Spoiler:
          from the transcript:
          COLORADO SPRINGS. Pete and Sam are sitting on a bench in the front garden of the house he has bought. The "For Sale" sign now reads "Sold".

SHANAHAN: I knew from the beginning. Guess I just thought when you said yes that ... (He sighs and trails off, then looks at Sam.) You were worth the risk. Don't say I deserve better. Can't get much better than you.

CARTER: That's not true.

SHANAHAN: I wish I could believe this had something to do with your father -- you needed some time to just work things out. I guess all I can say is: I hope you get what you want.

CARTER: That's it?

SHANAHAN: What do you want? You want me to get down on my knees and beg?

CARTER: God, no! Of course not! I just ... I thought you would react differently.

(Pete's eyes fill with tears.)

SHANAHAN: Goodbye, Sam. (He stands and starts to walk away.)

CARTER: Pete ...

(As he walks across the garden, Pete wipes tears from his eyes. He stops at the sign to peel off the "Sold" sign so that it reads "For Sale" again, then walks away.)
          MY QUESTIONS:

Now what did Pete mean by "I knew from the beginning." My first impression was that he knew or suspected that Sam had romantic feelings for Jack.

But, when he said, " I wish I could believe this had something to do with your father -- you needed some time to just work things out. I guess all I can say is: I hope you get what you want, " I got a little confused.

Did he mean that he wished she attributed the break up to her father OR did Sam break up with him using the excuse that it was because of her father's death that she needed time?

I am falling on the side of Sam telling him she had feelings for someone else. Maybe she didn't name Jack but Pete figured it out.

Next, when Sam said, "I just ... I thought you would react differently."

Did you think she was thinking about Jack? That no matter what Jack was "Always" there for her? And Pete stalks off. (Pun intended).
          So tell me if you agree, disagree and why. Thanks!
          sigpic

Comment

Moving right along...heh heh...so who's gonna shop for these toys??
            Excerpt from GW article:
            Hasbro to release 3-inch Stargate, glider
            TUESDAY - OCTOBER 18, 2005

Hasbro will release the first-ever toy Stargate and death glider as part of the upcoming line of Star Wars toys, according to reports at Rebel Scum and TheForce.net. Both Stargate toys and Battlestar Galactica toys will be included as a sort of "expanded universe" along with Hasbro's new Star Wars Titanium line.

Stargate items on the list include:

3-inch Stargate with Stand
            3-inch Death Glider ship

I'm planning on buying the Stargate!!!

Back OT, the Stargate will remind me of Sam and Jack's first walkthrough together!!
            Last edited by nell; 19 October 2005, 06:33 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
              MY QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:
              1. Now what did Pete mean by "I knew from the beginning." My first impression was that he knew or suspected that Sam had romantic feelings for Jack.

2. But, when he said, " I wish I could believe this had something to do with your father -- you needed some time to just work things out. I guess all I can say is: I hope you get what you want, " I got a little confused. Did he mean that he wished she attributed the break up to her father OR did Sam break up with him using the excuse that it was because of her father's death that she needed time? I am falling on the side of Sam telling him she had feelings for someone else. Maybe she didn't name Jack but Pete figured it out.

3. Next, when Sam said, "I just ... I thought you would react differently." Did you think she was thinking about Jack? That no matter what Jack was "Always" there for her? And Pete stalks off. (Pun intended).
              I'll play for a few minutes, nell. Then I have to edit Hubby's web page for him and get to bed. I've numbered your questions, just to make it easier to respond clearly.

1. I think he meant that
              Spoiler:
              he always knew she was completely out of his league. I also think he sensed from the beginning that there might be someone else, but thought he loved her enough to make it work.

2. Our Sam is
              Spoiler:
              a fairly open, honest person. I think she probably told that the closer they got to the wedding, the more uncertain it felt, so she couldn't go forward. Maybe she told him she had feelings for someone else. I'm not sure, but his comment that, "I hope you get what you want," makes me think she did. I doubt she admitted it was Jack, though, because of the regs. Pete could say something to someone that might compromise Jack's career.....and she wouldn't want to risk that.

3. Now that one has always confused me too. I don't think she was thinking of, or referring to,
              Spoiler:
              Jack at that moment though. I think she expected to beg her to reconsider, or that he would get really upset. But he didn't. Sam always feels guilty and worries that the worst will happen. She was probably dreading the encounter because she feared how would react. Then, he surprised her by taking it like an adult.

I'm interested in hearing what others have to say! With any luck, I'll get to check in at lunch hour tomorrow! Nighty-night!
              Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 20 October 2005, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Yoo Hoo!!!! Where's everybody??? I worked late tonight!!! Now I'm ready to play!!!

Actually, I wanted to examine, interpret, and analyze a Threads scene. Maybe I missed this discussion but if any of you are like me when it comes to Shipping, you don't mind re-visiting these discussions!!!

Ahem, right about now it will be really nice to actually have somebody to join in!!!
                <<my snips>>
                MY QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:
                Now what did Pete mean by "I knew from the beginning." My first impression was that he knew or suspected that Sam had romantic feelings for Jack.

But, when he said, " I wish I could believe this had something to do with your father -- you needed some time to just work things out. I guess all I can say is: I hope you get what you want, " I got a little confused.

Did he mean that he wished she attributed the break up to her father OR did Sam break up with him using the excuse that it was because of her father's death that she needed time?

I am falling on the side of Sam telling him she had feelings for someone else. Maybe she didn't name Jack but Pete figured it out.

Did you think she was thinking about Jack? That no matter what Jack was "Always" there for her? And Pete stalks off. (Pun intended).
                Hmm. Pete probably saw the script and said,
                Spoiler:
                "MOI with HER? Who wrote this drivel?"
                No wait. That can't be right. OK ok, my take:

Spoiler:
                I doubt Pete had much of a clue on Sam's feelings for Jack. I think the land lay in the direction that he knew she was way out of his ballpark. And the stalker/background check proved that. Once he got security clearance, though, he stuck around mainly because Sam let him. When she called it off, it was a bubble burst for him but not so unexpected. Pete's luck had run out.

Sam's comment was a bit more cryptic to me. I figure she thought he would ask her if she had feelings for someone else. Pete didn't. Although I wasn't a fan of the Sam/Pete pair, Mr. DeLuise played that moment with touching sincerity. Sam may have been expecting more fireworks from Pete (proving she hadn't gotten to know him well if so) and feeling guilty, was ready to take it. It didn't come. I thought that line was a bit cold, and uncharacter like for Sam. But hey.

So that's how I feel about it.

Just sayin'.
                MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                sigpic
                Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Threads scene spoiler
                  Spoiler:
                  from the transcript:
                  COLORADO SPRINGS. Pete and Sam are sitting on a bench in the front garden of the house he has bought. The "For Sale" sign now reads "Sold".

SHANAHAN: I knew from the beginning. Guess I just thought when you said yes that ... (He sighs and trails off, then looks at Sam.) You were worth the risk. Don't say I deserve better. Can't get much better than you.

CARTER: That's not true.

SHANAHAN: I wish I could believe this had something to do with your father -- you needed some time to just work things out. I guess all I can say is: I hope you get what you want.

CARTER: That's it?

SHANAHAN: What do you want? You want me to get down on my knees and beg?

CARTER: God, no! Of course not! I just ... I thought you would react differently.

(Pete's eyes fill with tears.)

SHANAHAN: Goodbye, Sam. (He stands and starts to walk away.)

CARTER: Pete ...

(As he walks across the garden, Pete wipes tears from his eyes. He stops at the sign to peel off the "Sold" sign so that it reads "For Sale" again, then walks away.)
                  MY QUESTIONS:

My take on
                  Spoiler:
                  "I knew from the beginning"--Pete knew that he didn't really have Sam's heart from the beginning. Whether he just knew she didn't reallylove him in "that way" or suspected there was someone else, well, my bet would be with the first. At least in the "beginning."

As far as mentioning her father's death, he wished that he could blame the breakup on her natural turmoil following the death, but he knows it's not that. "I hope you get what you want." Notice he didn't say "who you want." Yet this is a sorta natural thing to say, like-- you don't want me, or what I represent, I hope the future goes the way you want. Now I would wish she told him she had feeling for someone else, but I feel she didn't. As far as the rest-her comment about his reaction-- I can't get a feel on that one . Some have said she was wondering why he didn't get angry instead of being so resigned and understanding. Of course, this is just my opinion and I love to read fics where he does suspect there is someone--namely Jack.
                  And, of course, TPTB love to write language that can be interpreted several ways.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                    [/spoiler]
                    I'll play for a few minutes, nell. Then I have to edit Hubby's web page for him and get to bed. I've numbered your questions, just to make it easier to respond clearly.

1. I think he meant that
                    Spoiler:
                    he always knew she was completely out of his league. I also think he sensed from the beginning that there might be someone else, but thought he loved her enough to make it work.

2. Our Sam is
                    Spoiler:
                    a fairly open, honest person. I think she probably told that the closer they got to the wedding, the more uncertain it felt, so she couldn't go forward. Maybe she told him she had feelings for someone else. I'm not sure, but his comment that, "I hope you get what you want," makes me think she did. I doubt she admitted it was Jack, though, because of the regs. Pete could say something to someone that might compromise Jack's career.....and she wouldn't want to risk that.

3. Now that one has always confused me too. I don't think she was thinking of, or referring to,
                    Spoiler:
                    Jack at that moment though. I think she expected to beg her to reconsider, or that he would get really upset. But he didn't. Sam always feels guilty and worries that the worst will happen. She was probably dreading the encounter because she feared how would react. Then, he surprised her by taking it like an adult.

I'm interested in hearing what others have to say! With any luck, I'll get to check in at lunch hour tomorrow! Nighty-night!
                    Dare I posit who is? LOL! And gee, your first AND third points matched my answers.
                    Spoiler:
                    For sure Sam's honesty made it impossible to go further, esp with (love that one!) buying a house and all in the burbs.
                    Nice post.
                    Good sleeping!

Just sayin'.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm always quoting comments or LtE from the TV Guide, but can't help it, here is another one. Someone wrote in objecting to a projected romance(or affair in this case) between a leading character and his former wife, now remarried. The letter writer says tension is more interesting and "Just imagine two adults on TV resisting temptation. It's a new concept that might work."

Gee,we got 8 years of resisting temptation.

Comment

Just posting to say that if anyone hasn't read Anunnaki's brilliant summation/argument on a thread called "Sam and Jack (post Threads)--what's not to get?" hurry and do so!!! It's on page three right now. Somehow I had missed it until just the other day.

Comment

Anunnaki: Wonderfully put.

Sam and Jack ARE. Case closed, by an expert.

Gatetrixer suggested we pop over, glad I did.

Just sayin'.
                          Last edited by Traveler Enroute1; 19 October 2005, 07:52 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                            Just posting to say that if anyone hasn't read Anunnaki's brilliant summation/argument on a thread called "Sam and Jack (post Threads)--what's not to get?" hurry and do so!!! It's on page three right now. Somehow I had missed it until just the other day.
                            Thanks, I have read it once and I've been planning to reread it to give myself a booster shot of Sam and Jack Ship Hope!! Night Shippers!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                              How did you know about that? How do you know they are going to make one? Where can I read it?

my dog is going to die
                              ((((((Anubis))))))

So sorry to hear about your dog.
                              In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                              so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                              Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                              Hic Comitas Regit
                              Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                                You're absolutely right! I did it in a hurry and referenced it incorrectly. Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

And...to rectify my error, here is a pic from Metamorphosis:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28...r/barsmeta.jpg
                                were they really that close together, or did you 'fix' the pic to make it appear that way??

*great pic!*

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X