X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SqueeG-1
    Yes, yes you are.
    Obsessed or in good company?
    The duke had a mind that ticked like a clock and, like a clock, it regularly went cuckoo.

Stargate is not an obsession. I can give it up anytime I want!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
      Yep, no one asked for the Sam/Jack show, an occational mention would satisfiy most of us. I just want to know they are together. But it seems like not only have they ignored it, they have gone out of their way to make me doubt they are together. What really bothers me is that any anti S/J scene is in our face, no question this is happening. But if its a pro S/J scene it is vague with many interpretations.
      They may have given us at least a slight hint. I'm thinking about the (spoiler tag just in case)
      Spoiler:
      "I was in the neighbourghood" line in Origin. And there's also the "not exactly" in Ex Deus Machina. I admit the first one could mean nothing at all but Area 51 isn't that far away from Cheyenne. And when Sam told Barrett that she's not exactly single, it may be because they were still trying to figure something out.

Comment

Originally posted by anne87
        Obsessed or in good company?
        Why both of course.
        sigpic
        Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1
          Why both of course.

I knew it!!!!
          The duke had a mind that ticked like a clock and, like a clock, it regularly went cuckoo.

Comment

You know.....slipping under the McKay thunk thread must be illegal somewhere

I mean, really!??!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky
              They may have given us at least a slight hint. I'm thinking about the (spoiler tag just in case)
              Spoiler:
              "I was in the neighbourghood" line in Origin. And there's also the "not exactly" in Ex Deus Machina. I admit the first one could mean nothing at all but Area 51 isn't that far away from Cheyenne. And when Sam told Barrett that she's not exactly single, it may be because they were still trying to figure something out.
              Oh yeah...
              Spoiler:
              In Ex Dues Machina. The whole "not exactly" thing. Thats something I never thought of. I mean I just assumed they were probably "seeing each other". But, maybe she probably meant they were in the process of figuring out a way to have a relationship, like you said Vicky! WoW *is hit on the head w/ the idea* That would make more sense about the "not exactly" Now lets hope they go into that more in the future Still have fingers crossed for RDA in 200th episode BTW. *gosh my fingers are getting cramps, ouch* hehe

Comment

nudge
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SAM&JACKquietschSHIP
                  yes they REALLY did!!!!!!!!

like when sam was in this awsome dress...

[/INDENT]

and 8 years later....what? but still shippy-otimistic -for the world has enough insane things like tsunamis and hurricanes and Bush-administration and war and....carricatures...
                  -->AT LEAST and have to end up as lovers/in a relationship
                  Jack so checked her out when he first saw her in that dress

Continuing with the shipper alphabet
                  H is for Hugs

this was one of their first hugs wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                    It is in PA. I like it.

As for TPTB not thinking of the S/J ship before Out of Mind - they are out of their collective minds. It was probably thought of when they envisioned the pilot episode - let's see beautiful brainy woman and hunky heroic guy, hmmmm, what will wi do with them??
                    it was there in the first ep (the attraction between them when they met), but subtle. it was there in the second ep (with jack's concern for sam in the elevator), but subtle. it was in the third ep (with jack 'enjoying' her in her dress), but subtle. but in the fourth ep, where sam jumped jack in the locker room, THE PTB WERE OFFICIALLY ENDORSING THE SAM/JACK COUPLE. simply.

i'm thinking that the ptb meant that amanda and rick kicked it up a notch. but to say that 'they' made the ship... rubbish. but i actually think what they meant was what i said above.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                      This is kind of OT but I was just visiting another site and saw a blurb about Ripple Effect. It said it was about parallel universes. Nothing new there. It also said that it looks into how things would have changed had certain events changed ie: if Daniel had died in Heros. People have been asking about Jack in this episode. What if they encounter universes where Jack was killed instead of Janet. That would explain why Janet was there and why Jack is not. A convenient way to not have him in the episode.
                      HI!!!
                      Newbie here, so shoot me if I'm being stupid, but the thing I liked/disliked about Ripple Effect was, whenever they mentioned Sam being on her honeymoon or maternity leave, they didn't specify who she was married to or who's baby she's carrying, of course. All of us brilliant shippers know it was Jack, but it still kept the non-shippers happy by letting be a DUN! DUN! DUN! mystery.
                      Am I making sense?

Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team

I've Been SPANKed by the Love Monkey!!

Comment

Hi Toll Verliebt!

I haven't seen Ripple Effect yet (I screwed up my tape -doh!) but from all the discussion I gather it was quite a sore spot for a lot of people that no names were mentioned. Although it has left a LOT of leeway for some great fanfics to fill in the gaps.

Being pretty new at this myself, I'm going to make an attempt to explain how to use spoiler tags (and the others can whip me with wet noodles if I get it wrong). For at least Seasons 8 and 9 if you are refering to things in episodes you should put [spoiler.] at the beginning and [/spoiler.] at the end (without the . - just had to put that so you could see it). That way, others who haven't seen the show yet don't see your post if they don't want to.

Welcome and post lots!
                        sigpic
                        Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Fly-by post!

Just dropping by to say I'm looking forward to Valenship on Sunday! Hope you are too! I finally got a fic idea today.....and that will be my little contribution to the day's events.

In the meantime, I found something really sweet that has just been posted to GW fic. It's called February 9, by Becca Koshak. I thought you might enjoy it. Here's the link:

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...bruary9th.html

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                            Isn't this pic from mid S2? Holiday? And yet, TPTB tell us that THE SHIP never occurred to them until after Out of Mind? Sure---they never gave it a thought! Right!
                            Yes, it's from Holiday, but it was never part of the script. Rick and Amanda - typically - were messing around between scenes. This picture and another really cool one with a kiss were part of what the press-photographer snapped between scenes. Heck, here it is where I used it in my Christmas sig:

I do wish that it had been part of a deleted scene, but it wasn't. And I imagine TPTB are ruing the day they let those photographs hit the light of day.
                            Last edited by Buc252; 09 February 2006, 05:55 PM.
                            - Mary
                            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

yeah, i think most ppl were annoyed with RE for that.
                              Spoiler:
                              some said it made sam look like a [CENSORED cuz i don't like cursing] because it seems like she could have been with different people in each AU. but RE did give us a few good points
                              1. we know it never would have worked with Martouf now (feel free t o debate that, but i stand by it)
                              2. Black Teal'c looked way too happy, when he said Sam was on her honeymoon for it to be anyone but Jack. [cite Metamorphasis as evidence that Teal'c is an SJ shipper]. Plus, Daniel definatly looked like he knew who Teal'c was talking about (I know it was AU, but some things [cite POV, Mobiues, etc] stay the same)
                              3. As above, Janet looked way to happy when she said Sam was on maternity leave for her not to be with Jack. [cite 100 days that Janet's an SJ shipper]
                              4. That asguard, whats-his-name, Thor made him an SJ shipper. that's why he interrupted that ALMOST-KISS. (i didn't come up with that one. forget who did. yell at me and i'll edit it to include ur name)

i know i said this somewhere else, but just to restate. we all love subtle shippiness.

<<lol, the first time i wrote my spoiler tags, i typed [shippy] instead!

spoilers: http://forum.gateworld.net/faq.php?s...l&titlesonly=0 also check out the http://forum.gateworld.net/forumdisplay.php?f=48 forum with its handy search feature

WELCOME!! Have Fun, and don't be afraid to post lots!
                              and in case no one's told u:

if u like making manips, icons, sigs, fanfics, etc, etc, get cracking! be a great time!
                              Last edited by ParadoxRealities; 11 February 2006, 07:18 AM.
                              sigpic
                              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Shippy bump . . .

(Okay, this is bad. As a child of the 70's, I just had an image of Sam and Jack doing the bump! Yikes!!!!!)
                                - Mary
                                SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                                Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Working...
                                X