This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buc252
    I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I just get tired of so many Sam fans bashing Jack all the time. From my perspective, he's been 100% honorable through the entire thing, whereas some see him as evil incarnate. <sigh>

I'm getting more and more sorry I come in here every night. Aren't there ANY Jack supporters left in this shipper family? (Rhetorical question - I don't expect answers.)
    i haven't seen anyone bagging on jack, mary.

and i'm a jack/rda supporter! (miss, miss, miiiiiisssss him)

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Green doesn't seem to be working for me today so I'll have make all my comments here .... hope you don't mind

CC Girl - Welcome to the Family! Another fanatic who collected as many DVD's as possible in the shortest time possible Hope you enjoy being here

ST-1 Loved the latest fic. You are so good at this fic thing LIke the new sig too. Very Jack.

TN - Is it just me (probably being jealous cos you always seem to be going out for dinner ) or are you like Sam and prefer not to cook? And thanks for the addresses for RDA. I'm gonna go with "Dear Mr Anderson - or can I call you Rick? " Definitely going for the "missing you and can't fault your reasons leaving, but not happy about the way it's been written (or should I say not written?) into the show" approach.

(((((Buc)))))) I LOVE JACK TOO! Just can't help but grumble sometimes ..... I'm the typical woman - never pleased Although an actual confirmation complete with BHK will go a long way

Boy I miss not being here every day!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
        Yep.

see, look at that! just them standing there looking at each other makes smoke!

i miss that sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!

i miss seeing sam and jack. i miss seeing amanda AND richard together....

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          can you tell me, though, what the plot of this story is? (i'd prefer to know before reading)
          "Threads"
          Spoiler:
          Jack cares for Sam in the wake of Jake's funeral, and they finally get their crap together. Followed by some very nice smut.

And the writing is, of course, very well done.

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
            It's sad because we get a shippy moment between J/S who can be together and then they kill them off! Not once but twice!
            three times, trupi!

there but for the grace of god.
            pov (just jack, though)
            Spoiler:
            mobius, both parts

wait, that means 4 sets of sam/jacks didn't make it!

at least 'our present' sam and jack are still alive...

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

three times, trupi!

there but for the grace of god.
              pov (just jack, though)
              Spoiler:
              mobius, both parts

wait, that means 4 sets of sam/jacks didn't make it!

at least 'our present' sam and jack are still alive...

sally
              Yes...and tragic scary things happen in universes where they don't. *cough*2010*cough*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                by the by, i just read on another thread that in EDM in season 9
                Spoiler:

sam went to washington for a meeting with someone in the DoD? WASHINGTON!?! guys, so much fic potential here! she was in jack country. did nobody follow up on this? did she volunteer to go? what happened there!?! did she have enough time to see jack?
                hey, i don't remember that. cool!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                  Has anyone heard anything about S8 DVD's having the shortened version of Threads? I just saw a complaint about it on another thread. Anybody have theirs yet who can confirm or deny?
                  yeah, i heard about it. i even went to amazon.com to see if it was talked about there. in their comments section, two different ppl said that they had the shortened threads version. UNBELIEVABLE!

just another reason not to buy the dvds....

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                    Sorry for being snarky but after the disaster that is called Season 9 I was really looking forward to commentaries for season 8. Are they trying to ruin Stargate???
                    that's the way i was about the illustrated companion book for seasons 7 and 8. just think of the mega shippy eps in those two season, and not one single pro sam/jack mention was made... wait, i'll take that back. amanda (supposedly, which i'm still wondering how much *she* really said since the book was written by a rabid anti s/j shipper) said about an s/j kiss that was supposed to happen in lost city. funny thing is, it was said to have supposed to happen when sam went to see jack at his house (before teal'c and danny showed up)... never heard 'that' before.... makes me wonder about just how much that author 'tweaked' things to make her own agendas...

anyways, i was *so* excited to buy that installment of the illustrated companion, and i was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo disappointed and upset by it... it's gone now. returned to sender. along with a letter to titan books about authors and their unbiased opinions ruining books.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      Yes...and tragic scary things happen in universes where they don't. *cough*2010*cough*
                      argh, you're right! that makes 5 times our lovely sam and jacks didn't make it.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

So let's count the times they did! ... Well, kinda did. Okay, so they didn't, but we're good at pretending 3's my lucky number so I'm gonna start with

1. The Kisses

The Broca Divide
                        Window of Opportunity
                        Grace

2. The Tender Moments

Threads
                        Beneath The Surface

3. The Angsty Moments

Divide & Conquer (all of them!)
                        Lost City
                        Entity

Feel free to add some more - my brain's kinda fuzzy right now Any taker's for 4 and 5 to even it up some?
                        sigpic

Comment

argh, you're right! that makes 5 times our lovely sam and jacks didn't make it.

sally
                          Joe tried again. I give him props for that...
                          Originally posted by Joe Mallozzi's Blog
                          By the way - in response to those decrying the fact that I didn't give a definite answer to some of the burning questions in my last blog: the reality is, nothing is written in stone. I can say "No, Jonas is definitely not coming back" because there are no plans to bring it back and yet, if circumstances change and he does happen to come back next season, then other fans will be screaming blue murder. Circumstances have a habit of changing, and that applies to everything, from exploring Sam's love life to Kawalsky rejoining the team.
                          The truth is and I've said it 100 times but it bears repeating...we knew that the Sam/Jack storyline would be backburner for this season...mainly because THERE'S NO JACK on screen (a fact for which I continue to mourn). BUT! his snarky humor aside regarding Kawalsky LOL, the truth is circumstances really do have a habit of changing.

So let's wait and see, hmmm? Let's not get all fatalistic here. Things can change. Plus we know they're together...we just won't necessarily see anything more on it this season. But there's always next season (I'm fairly certain there'll be a 10).

So...to recap. They're together. We won't see it. Yet. But circumstances have a habit of changing...and perhaps if RDA could be persuaded into making a few visits to the set...THAT would be classified as a "changing circumstance."

Please Rick? I'm beggin' here. I miss you dearly.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                            So let's count the times they did! ... Well, kinda did. Okay, so they didn't, but we're good at pretending 3's my lucky number so I'm gonna start with

1. The Kisses

The Broca Divide
                            Window of Opportunity
                            Grace

2. The Tender Moments

Threads
                            Beneath The Surface

3. The Angsty Moments

Divide & Conquer (all of them!)
                            Lost City
                            Entity

Feel free to add some more - my brain's kinda fuzzy right now Any taker's for 4 and 5 to even it up some?
                            Sam kissed Jack's cheek in TBFTGOG...it's blurry because the focus is on Daniel...but it's there!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              Sam kissed Jack's cheek in TBFTGOG...it's blurry because the focus is on Daniel...but it's there!
                              True, but I'm trying to counterbalance the tally of 5 AU's against our Sam & Jack, since the AU ones all turn out so fatally.

OK, thought of a number 4.

4. Confirmation of Togetherness

Threads
                              Moebius
                              Ex Deus Machina
                              sigpic

Comment

Lets get this thread back on the first page! Good day everyone! Just caught up with yesterday's pages. Missed some good conversation and people. Glad to read you Oma! Come back soon! I'm busy with the kids so won't be around to much anymore soon, but will log in to see whats going on. I'm glad I taped the long version of "Threads". Won't buy the 8thS DVD without it. Maybe we can buy the UK version, which they said, would have the longer feature. Take care and keep shipping!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X