This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
    Continuing to portray Sam as indecisive after almost 9 years just makes her character look bad. We, as fans, can come up with countless senarios that justify her decisions. However, that is not our job. If if makes us FEEL better, then, that is fine too. It is a TV show, after all. However, if we are being honest we realize that some serious damage control will have to be written concerning Sam to show her as a mature and confident woman who is truly in love with Jack. I just don't know if the writers and producers will have the desire or talent to do it.
    Yep, I am tired of filling in the holes and making excuses for her. I watched RE last night, totally disappointed in her.
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
      Continuing to portray Sam as indecisive after almost 9 years just makes her character look bad. We, as fans, can come up with countless senarios that justify her decisions. However, that is not our job. If if makes us FEEL better, then, that is fine too. It is a TV show, after all. However, if we are being honest we realize that some serious damage control will have to be written concerning Sam to show her as a mature and confident woman who is truly in love with Jack. I just don't know if the writers and producers will have the desire or talent to do it.
      Bravo 7777. Excellent point.

sigpic
      s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by OriKiller
        Yes, I saw that before and it would be a very good explanation but it assumes a lot that hasn't been shown or even hinted at in season 9. Not only that, but I'm not sure they would take the time to go back and show us that at this point. If we see Sam and Jack together at some point in the future then I think we can assume that your explanation is correct or at least possible. In the meantime, still waiting for some acknowledgement of what was obviously front and center in the episode Threads (i.e. + = a happy couple).
        One explanation possible as far as the "not exactly" is concerned : since Janet's death, Sam lives with Cassy, Cassy is now her "daughter" . So she is not free, not alone.

But I still hope that Sam and Jack are together
        -SAM: Thank you sir !
        -JACK: For what ?
        -SAM: For being here for me
        -JACK: Always

Comment

But that has nothing to do with being Single, I think. And don't you think that now, that Janet's dead for ca. 1 1/2 years, it's a bit late for Sam to take care of Cassie? I guess Janet's death could be part of the reason Cassie's problems, but not all.

And what about Pete? If she'd live with Cassie, she'd have told him about her and how it's going to be...
          There's a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizzare and inexplicable.

There's another theory which states that this has already happened.

Douglas Adams

Please excuse my mistakes, I'm from Germany and my English isn't so good

Comment

Originally posted by ElodySchumacher
            One explanation possible as far as the "not exactly" is concerned : since Janet's death, Sam lives with Cassy, Cassy is now her "daughter" . So she is not free, not alone.

But I still hope that Sam and Jack are together
            Although this isn't canon, in the Ripple Effect deleted scenes
            Spoiler:
            Daniel said that Cassie is away at UCLA. If she's living at college, and I'd assume she is, then the Cassie excuse doesn't really work that well because Sam's house is empty,
            except for her plants.
            SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

...She tlaks to them...it's kinda cute...I just forget to water mine all the time...
              There's a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizzare and inexplicable.

There's another theory which states that this has already happened.

Douglas Adams

Please excuse my mistakes, I'm from Germany and my English isn't so good

Comment

Originally posted by Nina
                ...She tlaks to them...it's kinda cute...I just forget to water mine all the time...
                Haha - same here. I only have one plant that is kept out on the balcony. It's managed to survive for 2 years with absolutely no help from me!
                sigpic
                Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Wierdest coincidence...

I'm watching ER, and I recognise one of the guest characters..it's the actress who play's Kerry!!!

And then, who should walk in but Peter DeLuise!!!

It's a bit odd...seeing both dumped exes in the ER.

And then..Peter DeLuise character has a daughter ...called GRACE!!!!

All these coincidences musthave some sort of cosmic significance....hopefully in our favour.
                  Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                    Wierdest coincidence...

I'm watching ER, and I recognise one of the guest characters..it's the actress who play's Kerry!!!

And then, who should walk in but Peter DeLuise!!!

It's a bit odd...seeing both dumped exes in the ER.

And then..Peter DeLuise character has a daughter ...called GRACE!!!!

All these coincidences musthave some sort of cosmic significance....hopefully in our favour.
                    Okay. That's just creepy!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1
                      Okay. That's just creepy!

You're telling me. I'm expecting to see Martouf or Joe any second now.

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                        You're telling me. I'm expecting to see Martouf or Joe any second now.
                        Noooooooo!!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1
                          Noooooooo!!!!!!

Well, ER seems to be the home of the exes tonight, so it would be a good sign. But only 15 minutes of it left anyway...so just have to make do with the bizarre coincidences i've had so far. I was just wierd, seeing both Kerry and Pete onscreen, in the same ER. Can't help wondering if they had a quick chat behind the scenes
                          Last edited by michelleb; 30 January 2006, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Last night I turned on Sky, and there was a season four episode of Stargate. Now while I still believe in the ship, and I still think we'll get a happy ending, and I think it's still there, if very much in the background, I realise I miss actively shipping.

You know, seeing Sam and Jack on screen together, smiling at each other, finshing each other's sentences. Catching them in the background sharing those little glance. A shippy scene, building up to something a little shippier than before. The excited anticipation of ship. The totally unexpected shippy moment that makes me squee, and run to the computer to tell everyone.

I mean, I still actively ship.I ship for Elizabeth and Sheppard, and Lily and Scott in Cold Case, and Temperance and Booth and Horatio and Calleigh, but none of them have quite the same magic as the Sam and Jack ship. The only ship that even comes close to leaving me breathless with squeeing and excited all week, waiting for the next episode, is Sara and Gil in CSI, but that still comes second. There's nothing quite like a Sam and Jack moment..catching the very momentary expression on his face, screaming at her to understand he loves her, the one perfect line, the look between them.

Anyway, that's what I miss. Don't get me wrong, I'm still optimistic, and I still ship, and I still believe the ship will work out...I just miss the old way of shipping.

Comment

Well said michelleb.There was nothing like Sam and Jack Ship and the early season episodes of SG-1.I could not wait for the episodes to start.Especially the episodes where you knew would be Shippy like Solitudes and 100 Days.Fridays were extra special during those times.I hope
                              Spoiler:
                              RDA is going to be in the 200th because the build up to that episode is going to be like old times.I may take that Day off and chat on GateWorld all Day.

Comment

Shippers, I think we have to look at the bright side... and get over RE... I mean, it could have been worse.... could have walked thru the Stargate!!!!!!!

Anybody have a Potato Head to play futbol with

For those new shippers that don't know who is... it's OMG... breath in, breath out, breath in, breath out... Pete!!!!!

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                                Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Working...
                                X