Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello everyone!! how are you all! I have to say I have missed you all sooo much!! I've been away on and off for a while now but i'm finally back for good and looking at only a few pages I can already see that I've missed so much! I hope you'e all been well! recently I've been looking for some realy gritty, angsty sam and Jack fics but haven't really ofund anything I haven't already read which is a bit dissapointing!

I don't really know how I feel abuot the up and coming new season I'm still trying to adjust to the mere though of no RDA and the thought of a certain someone's facial hair!

I'm still hoping to get a picture of amanda and Olivia- although I knwo it's completly amanda's desision I'd love to see the lil beauty!

Could anyone please sum up all of the sam and jack spoilers we hae for this year as the thought of trailing back through 693 pages makes me feel very dizzy! I'm praying for an amazing resolution!! Am in the process of downloading the new Catty vids that I've missed and i cannot wait to watch themand getthat *sam/jack* feeling again!!

any way just thought I'd say heloo9 again and tell you how much i'e missed you all my shipper family! and also hello to all the new people!! xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fan
      Could anyone please sum up all of the sam and jack spoilers we hae for this year as the thought of trailing back through 693 pages makes me feel very dizzy!
      An abbreviated Season 9 summary:

Spoiler:
      Episode 1 Avalon: When Jack met with the new SGC General Landry, he listed the things he was settling on at his property in Colorado Springs because he moved to Washington, D.C. to be the chief of Homeworld Security: "My house, my car, the motorcycle." To our collective Shipper memory, Jack never had a motorcycle but Sam had the Indian!!

Episode 6 Beachhead: Jack phoned General Landry and teased him about not sending Sam back to SGC for an important mission when in steps "Lt.Colonel Samantha Carter reporting for duty, sir." We figure that Sam and Jack knew of this prank.

Episode 7 Ex Deus Machina: In response to Agent Barrett's question "How's Pete?" Sam replied, "We broke up." Agent Barrett says, "So, you're single again?" And Sam replies, "Not exactly." We Shippers believe this in inconvertible proof that Sam and Jack are together!!!!!!

Episode 9 or 10 Prototype or Fourth Horseman Part 1 (Shippers, help me out here cause, I forgot already): Sam goes offworld to join Daniel and Teal'c researching something or other and in response to Daniel's droning hypothesis, Sam sarcastically replies, "Ya think??" Now, tell me, from WHOM did she pick up that cliche??!!

So, the Ship was very minor but there was Ship!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
        An abbreviated Season 9 summary:

Spoiler:
        Episode 1 Avalon: When Jack met with the new SGC General Landry, he listed the things he was settling on at his property in Colorado Springs because he moved to Washington, D.C. to be the chief of Homeworld Security: "My house, my car, the motorcycle." To our collective Shipper memory, Jack never had a motorcycle but Sam had the Indian!!

Episode 6 Beachhead: Jack phoned General Landry and teased him about not sending Sam back to SGC for an important mission when in steps "Lt.Colonel Samantha Carter reporting for duty, sir." We figure that Sam and Jack knew of this prank.

Episode 7 Ex Deus Machina: In response to Agent Barrett's question "How's Pete?" Sam replied, "We broke up." Agent Barrett says, "So, you're single again?" And Sam replies, "Not exactly." We Shippers believe this in inconvertible proof that Sam and Jack are together!!!!!!

Episode 9 or 10 Prototype or Fourth Horseman Part 1 (Shippers, help me out here cause, I forgot already): Sam goes offworld to join Daniel and Teal'c researching something or other and in response to Daniel's droning hypothesis, Sam sarcastically replies, "Ya think??" Now, tell me, from WHOM did she pick up that cliche??!!

So, the Ship was very minor but there was Ship!!
        hey i say thats more ship than we usually get in the first half of a season (not including 4), and half the couple isn't even on screen for it. and the other half of the couple is only on screen for half of it!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          i feel the same.

sally
          thanks, i was starting to think i was on my own here. i love both my shippy couple equally. but in veeeerry different ways

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
            I apologize to everyone who has already seen this for reposting it. But I know how busy things are for everyone this time of year, and how hard it is to keep up with all the posts on our threads. So, I'm posting it again for the benefit of anyone who might have missed it the first time.

In the discussion we had here over the last couple of days on the future of the ship, trupi mentioned that Don Davis had told her that RDA thought fans were angry with him for leaving the show. We talked about letting him know how much we miss him and how he needs to come back for a couple of eps a yer, or at least wrap up his storyline. We talked about doing this through a web site, but I think I have a way that would be more effective--by sending letters to his agent and Gekko. I contacted minigeek, and she got the addresses below for me. I think mail sent to one or more of these places would be much more likely to reach him.

Here's the information I have.

Richard Dean Anderson
            c/o Gekko Film Corporation
            1122 South Robertson, Boulevard, Suite 15
            Los Angeles, CA 90035, USA

Richard Dean Anderson
            c/o ICM (International Creative Management)
            8942 Wilshire Blvd.
            Beverly Hills
            CA 90211, USA

Nell also suggested that we should write TPTB and let them know how much we want to see RDA back. I think I’ll do that too. Here is the address where you can write RCC, JM, PM or any of the TPTB:

The Bridge Studios
            2400 Boundary Rd
            Burnaby, British Columbia
            V5M3Z3

minigeek also suggested checking the Screen Actors Guild for addresses that might get mail to RDA, but I had trouble navigating their web site….then work went bonkers and I haven’t had time to go back. If anyone can help with contact info for him through SAG, please post it. So, I'd suggest these for now.....and I'm going to write.

How many would write? Could you post here and give us an idea?
            Is there an email address also and a website where we can post how we feel that might also get back to him? That way we can cover all bases to make sure he knows that we are aren't mad at all and just miss him.
            In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
            so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
            Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
            Hic Comitas Regit
            Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Maybe we need a petition... like the Shanks brigade did when Shanks left.

Just a thought....

Originally posted by LadyJeep
              Is there an email address also and a website where we can post how we feel that might also get back to him? That way we can cover all bases to make sure he knows that we are aren't mad at all and just miss him.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth

Just a thought....

I'm all for supporting the Ship, but I think we should avoid anything that might associate shippers with those...people.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                  I'm all for supporting the Ship, but I think we should avoid anything that might associate shippers with those...people.
                  Seriously, what are "those people?"
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                    I always felt she got mixed signals from the guy. Maybe because he was her CO, or because he has other issues. After Lost City, I don't think Sam felt that he had feelings for her. In Lost City she gets up the nerve to see him, only to be treated like she has coodies. Then on the ship she tries to tell him how she feels and all she gets is a 'I know'. By showing Jack the ring, I think she was trying to get a confirmation of how he felt. Her decision to accept Petes proposal was based on his reaction.
                    I can't agree with her getting mixed signals. I mean, in Lost City, he called her a National Treasure! And he wasn't done talking when Daniel and Teal'c showed up, so who knows? I don't call that treating her like she's got cooties. Not to mention that, at this time, he was dying and she was involved with another guy. What did he really have to offer her? He said as much as he could without risking ruining her future - a future he wouldn't have to deal with because he truly expected to be dead.

As for the "I know," what exactly do you think he said he knew?? He acknowledged her feelings, whatever they were - and we never truly knew - but also knew that it was not the time to discuss it. They were in imminent danger, and he was dying. I really don't think you can count anything from Lost City anyway, because Jack knew he was dying and wouldn't want to impede here future.

Seriously, though, as for her showing him the ring, I don't really think she was looking for a reaction or for him to say something. I think it was her own nerves, and needing someone to talk to, but she just didn't think about how much it would hurt Jack. At this point in her social life, his feelings for or about her weren't anything she was considering. I will give you that his "I wouldn't be here" was too unspecific to really be an answer to her, but it was probably as much as he felt he could say without creating a problem for Sam's current relationship or their own careers.

I guess that's what irritates me the most about the whole thing. If they'd just sat down and talked about it before came along, a lot of the angst might have been avoided.
                    - Mary
                    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
                      Drive by posting again. I guess there are some mixed feelings for Lost City but hope you won't mind my leaving this one here. The look on Sam's face says such a lot

It would have been nice if she'd said in this scene, "I love you and I don't want you to die." I mean, maybe after his "national treasure" speach, she could have shown her feelings on his immenent death. Most of what we saw expressed was more a "it should have been me" feeling, which she could just as easily have felt for any member of her team.

Okay, I'll relent a bit. Even a "I don't want you to die" would have been appreciated.
                      - Mary
                      SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                      Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                        Seriously, what are "those people?"
                        Um, the rabid Daniel psychos. Who else?

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth

Just a thought....

A petition for what? RDA chose to leave - to petition to try demand that he come back would be selfish, especially since he did it for family.

Comment

Originally posted by Sum1
                            A petition for what? RDA chose to leave - to petition to try demand that he come back would be selfish, especially since he did it for family.
                            A petition to let him know his fans aren't mad at him for leaving, we just miss him.
                            In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                            so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                            Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                            Hic Comitas Regit
                            Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Saw this avatar gif at sg1-fanart.com. I loved this kiss. (even if it wasn't the real one )

Geez... he kisses her so hard her head bounces back!
                              sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
                                Saw this avatar gif at sg1-fanart.com. I loved this kiss. (even if it wasn't the real one )

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ssg1fanart.gif

Geez... he kisses her so hard her head bounces back!
                                Yeah, Jack knows how to give a great kiss!!! So.Want.Her.Job!!!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X