X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nell
    Hello??!! Anybody here??!!

Jack: At last, a Thread that is inactive. Privacy!!! C'mere, Sam, baby!!!
    Sam: Jack, **giggle** how do we know when a Shipper will show up?
    Jack: Honey, it's the midseason break!! The Shippers are busy with RL and watching their DVDs.
    Sam: Well, in that case........

**thanks to Mala50 for the cap**
    Hi there.

Comment

i'm here, great pic, great caption, but now i have to go to bed, cos its 3:30 am!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
        i think that it would have ended up much worse for sam. as it was, half the fandom was saying what a b!t€h she was and the other half were saying, jeez stop pining away for him, you're pathetic. (man did that angry up the blood!). if jack had tried to move on everyone would have been saying that she should stop pining and get over it and blah blah blah!. lousy double standards. ggrrr.
        I can only speak for myself, of course, but if Jack and Sam's places were switched, and Jack had moved on with the same callous disregard for Sam's feelings as we've seen in the past two seasons from Sam, I would have been just as irked with him as I was with Sam. It would have been very insensitive, disrespectful, and contrary to the very emotion of love that we're all convinced they have for each other. I guess that's why I just couldn't buy it: you don't treat somebody you love that way. Or, ideally, you wouldn't.

My big issue in what happened wasn't that she moved on, but how she moved on. Neither of them should have had to find out after the fact. (And before anybody says it, Kerry doesn't count because that was after Sam moved on. If Jack had moved on first, then whoever Sam picked would also be exempt. <g>)
        - Mary
        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the empathetic replies and the "greens." I debated whether to say anything but glad I did.

Now back to one of my favorite subjects: Sam and Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
            This isn't really subtle ship, but it is interesting. In the beginning of the show, we really didn't see them together that much while on missions. Most of the time, Jack would say, "Carter, you're with Teal'c. Daniel, with me."

Now I know that made the slashers squee, I'm sure, but it was logical. Daniel was the most inexperienced warrior, so Jack would want to keep an eye on him. But as the years went on, and Daniel became more independent and trained, it shifted, and became, "Carter, you're with me. Daniel, with Teal'c." Now, seeing that Daniel is self-reliant, he can keep Sam close to him, the one he cares for the most.

I did find it interesting in S6 that Jack didn't stay close to Jonas in the same way he stayed close to Daniel in those early years. I'd like to think it's because he sees him as being more capable, but I'm afraid it was just more that, by that time, he liked having Sam with him and wasn't really crazy about having such a bubbly person around him. LOL
            Fly by post.....still got errands to run tonight. Be back tomorrow!

Uh.....I was only in "passive fandom" then (just watched the show). But from the info I've gathered since I arrived here, I'd like to ask a question. Sam and Jack became much closer in S4. Wasn't that part of what got MS restless, leading him to decide to leave the show? I'm not bashing. I'm just trying to get some perspective. I thought MS felt the Sam/Jack relationship took away from his screen time. Please correct me if I'm wrong.....cause I'm just asking for informational purposes.

Comment

Hello??!! Anybody here??!!

Jack: At last, a Thread that is inactive. Privacy!!! C'mere, Sam, baby!!!
              Sam: Jack, **giggle** how do we know when a Shipper will show up?
              Jack: Honey, it's the midseason break!! The Shippers are busy with RL and watching their DVDs.
              Sam: Well, in that case........

**thanks to Mala50 for the cap**
              I so love that picture. And it isn't even Sam and Jack, it's RDA and Amanda, but I pretend it is S/J. Grrrrrr to those who didn't give this to the USA on the Lowdown.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

Uh.....I was only in "passive fandom" then (just watched the show). But from the info I've gathered since I arrived here, I'd like to ask a question. Sam and Jack became much closer in S4. Wasn't that part of what got MS restless, leading him to decide to leave the show? I'm not bashing. I'm just trying to get some perspective. I thought MS felt the Sam/Jack relationship took away from his screen time. Please correct me if I'm wrong.....cause I'm just asking for informational purposes.
                My understanding was that MS was unhappy with his air time, not just losing it to S/J ship, but to Sam's being able to save the day, and probably the increasing number of Jaffa stories. (And, by that time, I imagine he was a bit jealous of Rick's "front and center" position.) He wanted to be . . . well . . . what he is now. Not Daniel Jackson, gentleman scientist, but Daniel Jackson, intergalactic warrior. <g>

Add to that the fact that he thought he was moving onto something much bigger - although it did fall through and he found out the hard way just how difficult it is to make a go of it - and he was perfectly willing to say goodbye to SG. Of course, then he turned around and did several episodes in S6, which I can't figure out at all! LOL
                - Mary
                SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                  Are you guys as afraid as I am that what TPTB gave us as a "so called resolution" between Jack and Sam really might be all we get? Everyone has to write to convince RDA that first we are not mad at him as suggested and then to please help the shippers out.

Secondly, just thinking, do you think if the shoes were on the other foot so to speak, meaning Jack had moved on with someone else and Sam was the quiet one, do you think it would have made a difference?
                  yes.

to both questions.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

*sigh*

i LOVE this pic! it's so shippy

okay, so it's amanda and rda, but it's *their* chemistry that makes sam and jack so dang hot!

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

PM me!
                      sigpic

Comment

It's Friday night and the repeats have started. Once I would rush home, finish in the kitchen and watch the reruns, even though I have them on tape and then watch the repeats at 11:00. Sad, tonight I spent the time on the phone, then took a nap because I didn't care that Stargate was on. I even told my mother to put on something else. I'm watching the "Mask of Zorro" instead of the 11:00 repeats. Is this what TPTB were aiming for?
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi-I'm Sam! You look kind of familar? Do I know you?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                            It's Friday night and the repeats have started. Once I would rush home, finish in the kitchen and watch the reruns, even though I have them on tape and then watch the repeats at 11:00. Sad, tonight I spent the time on the phone, then took a nap because I didn't care that Stargate was on. I even told my mother to put on something else. I'm watching the "Mask of Zorro" instead of the 11:00 repeats. Is this what TPTB were aiming for?
                            I know just how you feel. I don't even have it scheduled on my tivo anymore.
                            Oh, and forgot to say that I just saw 'Serenity' and there is a writer out there who knows how to positively resolve a ship!! Yeah
                            Spoiler:
                            Kaylee and Simon!!
                            !!! I actually liked that ship better than
                            Spoiler:
                            Mal and Inara
                            Last edited by Queen Eleta; 30 September 2005, 09:27 PM.
                            sig by PM

Comment

"If you show me yours, I'll show you mind!"
                              sigpic

Comment

hey there shippers

just checking in..havent been around for ages.
                                on holidays...go back to studying on Monday!!

doesnt seem to be much updates on any S and J action for any future eps

I will try to post and read as much as possible....
                                unfortunately RL has been so very busy.

toodles and hugs
                                Bee
                                "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

sig by RepliCartertje
                                http://stargatesg1.com/QueenBee
                                http://www.myspace.com/madame_minx

Comment

Working...
                                X