X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble65 View Post
    For those having trouble greening this is the reply I got from Skydiver

So if anyone's still having problems, perhaps they would like to let the Mods know.
    Thanks Jumble, that'll be why I can't green people
    ((Jumble))
    sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Ellendil View Post
      I cannot remember how many candles there were in S5 "Rite of Passage". If you can recollect this and knowing that the airing of the episode was in March 2001 for US, calculation can be made. Was 21 still the maturity limit in the USA? About Jack - by that time he is supposed to be a BIG two-star general at the Pentagon. That means he is living somewhere in DC, right? I kinda fail to imagine him with that young lady under the same roof. More likely Cassie is on her own, big girl she is.
      Well, you are considered legally an adult at 18. But there are some things you can't do until 21, like buy alcohol. Well, if Sam and Jack got together after Threads, or before SGA4, it's possible that she holidays with Jack. Plus, there are plenty of schools close enough to DC that she could live on campus but stay with him on weekends.

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
      There was a scene about Cassie, that said she went to college, but it was cut out.
      Oh. Thanks. But then that brings up the question about whether cut things count as canon. In some cases, like Trio, I say yes. In others I say no.

<snipped>
      CONGRATS ON 800 TR

Funny how these milestones creep up on you isn't it? <snipped>
      Thanks!!! Yes they do!!!

I could be wrong, but I thought that was her 16th, which would make her 23 now I think ?
      I was thinking it was about her 16th too. But then the question is what counts as a year. Does each season count as one year? I always thought Cassie was about 9 when they found her. But either way, she still probably has to at least live close to people from SGC. Security risk and all that. I can't see IOA letting her live in the boonies without anyone able to check one her.

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
      i thought it was her 15th... *shrugs*

*gasps*!!!! *headdesk* omg GUTTER HILARIOUS!!!

EDIT: i ahte being sunburnt
      I think someone said the transcript said 16...

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
      <snipped>
      Yep, I checked the transcript at Gatenoise.

"We begin with a lovely rectangle shaped cake (Looks chocolate ) with white icing, and the words"HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASSANDRA" written on it. A woman is lighting the last of 16 candles. Camera pans out ... it's Janet with Sam right next to her."
      Thanks. But still, how many years ago was that in TV time? If she was 16 then, she'd be in her 20s now, right?

I thought I remembered something about Cassie being at Uni in Heroes. Could be totally wrong of course but wasn't that why she wasn't at the Memorial Service? Or was that something I read on here as a possible reason?
      I don't know. I don't remember them saying anything besides Sam mentioning her. But I really thought she should have been at the memorial.

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
      Well she was only mentioned once in Heroes, when Sam said she would have to pick her up, though they didn't say from where.
      I don't remember that. I was thinking Sam had said something like "What will I tell Cassie?", but I could be wrong.

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
      I think Cassie was 12 when they found her in Singularity. That would make her about 18 in Heroes. Now...assuming she perhaps had a bit of catching up to do in Earth school, she might have been about a Junior or Senior in High School by that time. While kids that age can drive, I'm guessing she probably didn't, so I always assumed Sam was picking her up at school.

As for the memorial service...that seemed to be an SGC-only event. I always figured Janet had an actual funeral at some point that we didn't get to see. I recall someone thinking that they weren't able to retreive Janet's body from P3X-666, but I always figured if they were able to get Airman Wells back to safety--and Daniel too--they would have brought Janet back. *sniff*

By the way...it's probably obvious, but did anyone else ever notice that it was P3X-666...and SG13 that was involved in Heroes? Anyone could have told them it was a bad combination....
      If she was going to school in the US (duh) then she actually would probably have been ahead of her age group. She always seemed pretty smart and a fast learner. Plus, Sam is right there, so she's bound to be smart. I'm pretty sure I would have thought she was picking her up from an airport or school, not sure which.

I always hoped they had a separate service. A place that they could all go when they need to "talk" to Janet.

Yeah...You'd think they'd be a bit more superstitious with all the bad things that happen to them. But then again, most scientists aren't superstitious, and since Sam is also a scientist, she probably would have dismissed that fact.

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
      phew! I've finally caught up again! I signed in to catch up and by the time I thought I'd caught up you'd talked for an extra page! ((((ship family))))

CONGRATS ON 1000 JUMBLE!!

CONGRATS ON 800 TRUEROMANTIC!!

CONGRATS ON 3000 JASMINA!!

haha I didn't do that at all, nope not at all

Welcome!!!

yeah she's about 23 atm I think, there was a scene cut from ripple effect that said she'd moved in with Sam then gone to UCLA to do medicine... hope that helps
      Thanks!! And yes, that does help. Was all of that, UCLA etc., in the cut scene, or just that she was going to go to college? And I still wonder what she does for holidays with Sam in Atlantis.

Originally posted by Mary-Jane View Post
      Are you kidding? Wow. That's a little weird to think Cassie is the same age as me. She always seemed so little....
      These people grow up too fast.

OT: You wouldn't believe how busy airports are at 12 o'clock at night....
      Well, she'd be older than me if that's true. So, we figure 23?

OT: I'd believe it. I had to drop a friend off at Wichita airport around midnight. We couldn't find parking anywhere!!!

Thanks for the congrats on 800 everyone!!!!

So is the general consensus that Cassie is 23? But still, what happened to the dog and what does she do when she's not at school? If Sam is in Atlantis, does Cassie stay with one of the guys? Because I really doubt the IOA would be happy letting an "alien" live completely on its own in the world.
      sigpic
      Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Helloooo! I did some Jack sigs I'd like to show you, because you're my some favorite critics.

sigpic

Comment

Hey guys; Sig picture request
          does anyone have a picture of the fishing photo from Sam's office

*smiles sweetly* please?
          sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

AA posted a request for the fishing pic Spoilered cos its huge.
            Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

It's easy to get the right Sam and jack pics.
              You just have to ask the people here!

Oma-1 - Thanks for the green. It makes me SMILE. It's one of the funniest I've ever got!
              sigpic

Comment

Starlover1990, thank you for the clarification, it was most useful I must admit. You see, I`m from the older generation when such "wordies" did not find place in the textbooks. It may sound archaic but let us not dwell on it

As for the vote:

1) The First Commandment (2)
                2) Cold Lazarus (2)
                3) Brief Candle (3)

About Cassie: what do girls do when not at school? We saw she had a boyfriend. If the Sam/Jack engagement/marriage was left out, isn`t it possible Cassie`s private life having been left out as well? A lot of things may have happened to the dog. I do not recall seeing it in "Rite of Passage". Spending vacations at Atlantis is something IOA should hardly approve (personal opinion, of course). And, well, I personally am a bit disgusted at the idea of Jack and Sam spending their meagre spare time together with a young lady loitering in their feet. Given their duties it must be really hard to snap out some time for the person beloved.
                "It is the quiet ones that change the Universe." Londo Molari, "Babylon 5"

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
                  I love them all. But the third one is a favorite.
                  sigpic

Comment

Lovely Jacksigs I particularly like the RDA one

Hey guys; Sig picture request
                    does anyone have a picture of the fishing photo from Sam's office

*smiles sweetly* please?
                    Its not a brilliant pic, but will it do? I'm sure someone has a better one?
                    Edit: See, Oma had the better one

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                      Well, you are considered legally an adult at 18. But there are some things you can't do until 21, like buy alcohol. Well, if Sam and Jack got together after Threads, or before SGA4, it's possible that she holidays with Jack. Plus, there are plenty of schools close enough to DC that she could live on campus but stay with him on weekends.

Oh. Thanks. But then that brings up the question about whether cut things count as canon. In some cases, like Trio, I say yes. In others I say no.

Thanks!!! Yes they do!!!

I was thinking it was about her 16th too. But then the question is what counts as a year. Does each season count as one year? I always thought Cassie was about 9 when they found her. But either way, she still probably has to at least live close to people from SGC. Security risk and all that. I can't see IOA letting her live in the boonies without anyone able to check one her.

I think someone said the transcript said 16...

Thanks. But still, how many years ago was that in TV time? If she was 16 then, she'd be in her 20s now, right?

I don't know. I don't remember them saying anything besides Sam mentioning her. But I really thought she should have been at the memorial.

I don't remember that. I was thinking Sam had said something like "What will I tell Cassie?", but I could be wrong.

If she was going to school in the US (duh) then she actually would probably have been ahead of her age group. She always seemed pretty smart and a fast learner. Plus, Sam is right there, so she's bound to be smart. I'm pretty sure I would have thought she was picking her up from an airport or school, not sure which.

I always hoped they had a separate service. A place that they could all go when they need to "talk" to Janet.

Yeah...You'd think they'd be a bit more superstitious with all the bad things that happen to them. But then again, most scientists aren't superstitious, and since Sam is also a scientist, she probably would have dismissed that fact.

Thanks!! And yes, that does help. Was all of that, UCLA etc., in the cut scene, or just that she was going to go to college? And I still wonder what she does for holidays with Sam in Atlantis.

Well, she'd be older than me if that's true. So, we figure 23?

OT: I'd believe it. I had to drop a friend off at Wichita airport around midnight. We couldn't find parking anywhere!!!

Thanks for the congrats on 800 everyone!!!!

So is the general consensus that Cassie is 23? But still, what happened to the dog and what does she do when she's not at school? If Sam is in Atlantis, does Cassie stay with one of the guys? Because I really doubt the IOA would be happy letting an "alien" live completely on its own in the world.
                      I think it's a safe bet to take one season as one year (apart from the goof in threads about Jacob and Selmac only being blended 4 years..) as Sam says in Reunion (SGA S4) that it's been 10 years since she's been on SG1. also they usually say 2last year" when they talk about something that happened last season.

The only lines about Cassie in Heroes 2 are "I've got to go collect Cassie" and "How's Cassie" "She's a strong kid, she survives, you know" so it doesn't really tell us much. She is mentioned in Heroes 1 but only to the extent that she's Janet's daughter and she's adopted from another planet.

The info about Cass at UCLA is from the cut scene, the barely mention her really so we don't have that much information. But I can't see the IOA allowing her to vacation on Atlantis so I guess she'd go and stay with Jack in DC. I don't know about the dog it's not been mentioned since Singularity,
                      off to check the ep caps of rite of passage to see if there's any sign of the dog...

Edit: no sign of the dog, but I've just recounted the candles 4 times and there are only 14 candles. Which would make her 21.
                      sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Thanks for the fishing pic
                        ((((Oma))))((((Jumble))))
                        sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

And these are the first Jack/Richard sigs I've ever made!

jasminaGo - I think the last one is the best of all.

jumble65 - It almost killed me, working with these RDA pics! *YUM*
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the fishing pic
                            ((((Oma))))((((Jumble))))
                            It's what we do

Comment

And these are the first Jack/Richard sigs I've ever made!

jasminaGo - I think the last one is the best of all.

jumble65 - It almost killed me, working with these RDA pics! *YUM*
                              Lol! You need to build up a bit of immunity in order to work with RDA/Jack pics I sometimes get lost for hours just looking for the right pic
                              And I'm usually just 'Jumble' around here (or if you listen to Bekki, jumbly mumbly grumbly.... or anything else she can rhyme it with)

Comment

I start making my arts after finding the pics.
                                I see some and just think they a worth to make something out of it.

I get lost for hours looking for some lyrics or quotes or something like that.
                                The art is already finished and it happens that I'm not able to find the right words.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X