X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by galaxy
    Hello shippers!!!
    Couldn't come and chat with you yesterday, because they've found 3(!) unexploded bombs from WW2 near our house , so they had to evacuate everyone in a certain radius (including me).
    And although that's normally no big deal and doesn't take longer than a few hours, it ended up taking the whole day, because one of the duds was not a normal aircraft bomb, but something else (don't ask me...) and they had to request a special instrument to defuse it. And I was really nervous, because I couldn't go home and come here to see what you think about the new episodes, but obvioulsy I didn’t miss much. LOL
    I agree with what you said about the
    Spoiler:
    "intimate relationship" comment. It really sounds like they had sex , but we all know that they hadn't!
    Sam had lots of "(potential) love interests", but she never had sex with one of them (except of Pete and Joe, but she had relationships with these men, so that's something else ).

What I really don't understand is, why do they make it sound like that!?!
    They could have indicated that she knew Orlin personally in a less ambiguous way!
    Maybe I'm paranoid, but sometimes I get the feeling TPTB love to push our buttons (and with "our" I mean the shipper's!!!).
    OMG, I'm so sorry! That must have been a nerve wreaking day! I glad all went well and no one was hurt. I think the whole scene with Orlin was a way of TPTB to get us crazy again and a joke. Does the general really believe that Sam had a sexual relationship with a child? She can't have a relationship with a grown man in her command because of regs. and she going to get herself thrown out of the SGC by having a relationship with a child -Yeh right! Like I said they knew not to lank our chains too hard because they made Orlin a child and not some handsome guy. They would have been dead men walking and the last nail on the coffin would have been in place for SG-1!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
      I have no doubt
      Spoiler:
      Orlin still Loves Sam.I'am not a big Fan of Orlin.Orlin is just another Pete or Barrett IMO.Barrett and Orlin will never stop going after Sam.I would not be surprised to see Orlin come back as an Old Man next Year.I just cannot stand seeing Sam's Man Friends while we wait to see Sam and Jack together.
      Supposedly
      Spoiler:
      Flannery was not available for this ep. One shudders to think what they might have written if it were he instead of the boy in this ep. On the other hand maybe Sam would have said something even better than "not exactly."
      Probably not. Well I can dream, can't I?

Comment

With all this talk of fic awards and such...can I just plug my fics too?

http://www.fanfiction.net/~suekay04

And my story, The General's Hell was nominated at the 2004 SJFA awards...a great one to read if you hate Pete
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Hi everyone ! I'm still trying to catch up after 2 days away from my comp... Anyway, I just wanted to say a few things...

* I haven't watched the S9 eps yet so I think I'll have to wait a little more time to discuss with you about them... For all of you who're feeling a bit down about those eps, just remember that we have 8 wonderfuls years full of Sam/Jack ship !
          I know that in my mind and heart, Sam and Jack are together, no matter what TPTB or everyone else can say about it

* Happy belated birthday Tame !
          Bev, can you tell Tame that we miss her and that we all hope everything will be fine for her ? Thanks

* Happy birthday Billie !

* sueKay, that pic with the Linux penguin in front of the Gate... I could swear I've already seen it in this thread but there was a small extra manip : we could see the pic of Sam and Jack kissing (the Grace kiss) in the middle of the Gate...
          Does anybody else remember it ? Or was it only in my dreams ?
          Anyway, IMO it was the perfect picture for the Shipper Family !
          Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
            OMG, I'm so sorry! That must have been a nerve wreaking day! I glad all went well and no one was hurt.
            Thanks trupi, but you don't need to be sorry. Like I said...that's normally no big deal. There are many, many thousands of them still lying under the surface. It happens all the time that for example construction workers find one and the bomb ordnance department has to defuse it. But it's extremely rare, that a dud actually detonates. It's not as dangerous at it might sound.
            It was just a little annoying that I wasn't allowed to go home for almost the whole day...

I think the whole scene with Orlin was a way of TPTB to get us crazy again and a joke. Does the general really believe that Sam had a sexual relationship with a child? She can't have a relationship with a grown man in her command because of regs. and she going to get herself thrown out of the SGC by having a relationship with a child -Yeh right! Like I said they knew not to lank our chains too hard because they made Orlin a child and not some handsome guy. They would have been dead men walking and the last nail on the coffin would have been in place for SG-1!
            Yes, but to be honest I'm sure that if Sean Patrick Flannery had been available he would have played Orlin again.
            I think it was just because they didn't want to take a different actor for the same role, not because they wanted to please us.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
              With all this talk of fic awards and such...can I just plug my fics too?

http://www.fanfiction.net/~suekay04

And my story, The General's Hell was nominated at the 2004 SJFA awards...a great one to read if you hate Pete
              Ahh yes, The General's Hell was a goodin

Just a reminder for those interested. Voting had commenced today to decide about what to do with the very popular thread 'Best Episode Tournament' .
              Please drop in and cast your vote. The poll url is below my sig. Thanks!

Poz

Comment

Speaking of Orlin....I can't help but still wonder about Jack's behavior towards Sam in Ascension. I don't get why he doesn't believe her, when she tells him about Orlin. It happens quite often that an alien entity comes trough the stargate without being noticed!
                But that he doesn't believe her is not even the biggest problem I have with his behaviour. What really bugs me is, that he doesn't seem to have a problem with the fact that they have installed bugs and cameras in Sam's house to controll her, without her knowledge.
                And when she confronts him with that, he even lies to her!
                I know...he seems to feel really uncomfortable in that scene, but it's not because he he feels bad about what he has done, but because he doesn't want to talk to her about that and doesn't want to admit that he thinks she is crazy!
                Has anyone a good explanation for his behaviour?
                I thought it was strange and even out of character of him, that he doesn't believe her, lies to her, thinks it's okay to controll her behind her back and doesn't seem to care about Sam's "problem".

Here are the scenes I was talking about:

Daniel: (Still looking down at his work) How's Sam?

Jack: Absolutely no evidence of her secret (He does quotations for secret) friend.

Daniel: (Looking up from his work) How's *SAM*?

Jack: Hammond recomended a psyche evaluation.

Teal'C: Do you believe Major Carter has become mentally unstable?

Jack: No more than the rest of us

and

Sam: Sir, (Jack sighs as he practically runs down the hall) (she finally runs to catch up with him) Look at this. (she's holding a clock in her hands)

Jack: So?

Sam: So, it was in my house. (still walking quickly) The code 3 team is supposed to take away all their equipment when they left ... no more cameras, no more listening devices ...

Jack: So they forgot one, Carter.

Sam: Are you sure?

Jack: No.

Sam: (as he reaches a door) Sir ... (he says "damn" to himself) Is the SGC secretly keeping tabs on me?

Jack: (playing dumb) Secretly?

Sam: Colonel, I did my duty in reporting the Alien encounter, and now everyone thinks I'm crazy. (Jack is looking at the door uncomfortably.)

Jack: (hand was on doorknob) Look, Carter, here's the bottom line ... no one is seeing what you've seen. And until that happens, We're all gonna think you're nuts!

Sam: Sir ... purely hypothetically, as my Superior Officer, if this Alien DID show himself to me again ...

Jack: Did it?

Sam: I'm just saying ... if the Alien had the ability and desire to show himself only to me ... (Jack's moving around, uncomfortably, and holding his breath.) It would probrably be better if I gathered as much information as I could, possibly even found a way of isolating it. Before I officially reported it again, right?

Jack: Probably. Yes. I gotta Pee.

Sam: Yes, Sir. (he runs into the room)

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                  Ahh yes, The General's Hell was a goodin

Just a reminder for those interested. Voting had commenced today to decide about what to do with the very popular thread 'Best Episode Tournament' .
                  Please drop in and cast your vote. The poll url is below my sig. Thanks!

Poz

Oohh thanks for the reminder!
                  I totally forgot about that.

Comment

Okay I have a challange for anyone who'd like to take it...

If we were to create a S/J Soundtrack - what songs should / would be on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                      Okay I have a challange for anyone who'd like to take it...

If we were to create a S/J Soundtrack - what songs should / would be on it?
                      up to the first half of season 8 i'd have james blundt(?) "beautiful"

Comment

I was one Happy Shipper when I heard
                        Spoiler:
                        Flannery was not going to be in the episode.TPTB still managed some Sam/Orlin Ship in the episode.TPTB are not going to let a little thing like Orlin being a Boy stop them from trying to push the guest Star and Sam Ship.SG-1 is the first Show that I recall really hating guest characters.I wonder why that is?I really would Pay good Money to hear Sam telling off one of her Man Friends.Barrett was the perfect chance.Maybe someone can write a Fic about Sam telling off one of her Man Friends.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                          I was one Happy Shipper when I heard
                          Spoiler:
                          Flannery was not going to be in the episode.TPTB still managed some Sam/Orlin Ship in the episode.TPTB are not going to let a little thing like Orlin being a Boy stop them from trying to push the guest Star and Sam Ship.SG-1 is the first Show that I recall really hating guest characters.I wonder why that is?I really would Pay good Money to hear Sam telling off one of her Man Friends.Barrett was the perfect chance.Maybe someone can write a Fic about Sam telling off one of her Man Friends.
                          sam genuinely likes barrett, just not in that way. and i'd say that if she weren't in love with jack, she might consider barrett. but she is in love with jack and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                            sam genuinely likes barrett, just not in that way. and i'd say that if she weren't in love with jack, she might consider barrett. but she is in love with jack and vice versa.
                            Agreed - Barrett isn't a dog, I think he just has a crush on Sam. Besides its not like he sees her all of the time, we know of what? Like three times on the show?

Comment

up to the first half of season 8 i'd have james blundt(?) "beautiful"
                              for a hundred days i'd might have, "i still believe" from miss saigon, but i'd have a very different ending.

i'd also have most of the marius/cosette songs from les mis, only maybe without eponine's parts.

i might pick tony bennett "the way you look tonight".

queen "your my best friend"
                              queen "love of my life"

i'll come up with more. (sorry you asked cathain?)

Comment

for a hundred days i'd might have, "i still believe" from miss saigon, but i'd have a very different ending.

i'd also have most of the marius/cosette songs from les mis, only maybe without eponine's parts.

i might pick tony bennett "the way you look tonight".

queen "your my best friend"
                                queen "love of my life"

i'll come up with more. (sorry you asked cathain?)
                                OOOH OOHHH!
                                the beatles "when i'm sixty four"

Comment

Working...
                                X