Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chelle, on the "rally" idea: Why don't we lead blitz the place w/ our offerings, leading up to (you guessed it) Ship Day (or maybe that week). If we start on July 1, as you suggested, that would give us about 3 weeks of Shippiness!

I love the idea of sending Nad's letters to JM. Maybe they should go to one of his e-mail addresses?? That way, the mean anti's can't say mean things about them on the blog (??).
    sigpic

Comment

Well, we should only send Nad's letters if she agrees, but it would be fun!

And Chelle, I think that's a great idea. The rally, sending stuff all at once, all of that sounds great!!! Someday we should have a giant shipper meeting somewhere. Not sure where though...
      sigpic
      Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post

And Chelle, I think that's a great idea. The rally, sending stuff all at once, all of that sounds great!!! Someday we should have a giant shipper meeting somewhere. Not sure where though...
        Of course, Nad has to agree!

Maybe we should have many smaller Shipper Cons around the world on the same day or within the same week (?). Even that is hard for people to do, though...
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but it would be great to get to meet so many family members. It's just that some places are sooo big, you have to just do withing a certain area.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
            Chelle, on the "rally" idea: Why don't we lead blitz the place w/ our offerings, leading up to (you guessed it) Ship Day (or maybe that week). If we start on July 1, as you suggested, that would give us about 3 weeks of Shippiness!
            I love the idea of sending Nad's letters to JM. Maybe they should go to one of his e-mail addresses?? That way, the mean anti's can't say mean things about them on the blog (??).
            I totally never thought about Ship day...but that's a great idea...we could start the rally on lets say July 1st then maybe we could do a weekly thing...like maybe start off with postcards...then maybe send some artwork from all the continents...and for those of you like me who aren't art savvy we could maybe do some sort of collective piece and send that in...a petition with all our names on it...and not just from here but from other shipper places...letters from each of us all sent on the same day...culminating with an official invitation to join us here on Ship Day to see just how devoted and supportive of our ship that we are...but I think we all need to be in on tis...the more support we have the better this will work.
            We may be grasping at straws here but with the possibility of a third movie...and with lots of luck if Amanda continues to guest star on SGA, we might be able to get something significant to make the ship canon...not that I don't feel that it isn't already...but something really significant to say yes they are together and there's no room for interpretation for that...I'd like to see that happen.
            As much as I love Nads letters and poems...I personally would like to see it come from all of us...that's what I mean by collective...I think if Nad is happy to include her work than that would be totally awesome...but I really think we all need to do something together as a united front!!
            Maybe we should have many smaller Shipper Cons around the world on the same day or within the same week (?). Even that is hard for people to do, though...
            Not so sure how we can organize ship cons around the world on the same day...one given time differences...and two...have you seen how big Australia is and how spread out most of us are??...even Mara and I would more than likely have difficulty getting together and we live in the same state!
            I love the idea...honest I do...but realistically...it would be one tough job!!!
            I think if we are going to do this, we have to do it soon and it's gotta make a huge impact....we need all the artillery we can get our hands on.
            So...who's in???
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

These are all great ideas. I like the idea of a shipper meeting. I know Duncan was trying to organize something here on the East Coast but like True Romantic said, some places are so big it's hard to find one place for everyone to get together. I'd love something along the lines of Gatecon, but in our case it would be called Shipcon and, of course, our two favorite actors would just have to be the special guests.
              sigpic
              Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                I totally never thought about Ship day...but that's a great idea...we could start the rally on lets say July 1st then maybe we could do a weekly thing...like maybe start off with postcards...then maybe send some artwork from all the continents...and for those of you like me who aren't art savvy we could maybe do some sort of collective piece and send that in...a petition with all our names on it...and not just from here but from other shipper places...letters from each of us all sent on the same day...culminating with an official invitation to join us here on Ship Day to see just how devoted and supportive of our ship that we are...but I think we all need to be in on tis...the more support we have the better this will work.
                We may be grasping at straws here but with the possibility of a third movie...and with lots of luck if Amanda continues to guest star on SGA, we might be able to get something significant to make the ship canon...not that I don't feel that it isn't already...but something really significant to say yes they are together and there's no room for interpretation for that...I'd like to see that happen.

As much as I love Nads letters and poems...I personally would like to see it come from all of us...that's what I mean by collective...I think if Nad is happy to include her work than that would be totally awesome...but I really think we all need to do something together as a united front!!

Not so sure how we can organize ship cons around the world on the same day...one given time differences...and two...have you seen how big Australia is and how spread out most of us are??...even Mara and I would more than likely have difficulty getting together and we live in the same state!
                I love the idea...honest I do...but realistically...it would be one tough job!!!
                I think if we are going to do this, we have to do it soon and it's gotta make a huge impact....we need all the artillery we can get our hands on.
                So...who's in???
                Oh, I know we'd need to have more than just Nad's stuff. I was just saying one thing we could send. But I'm absolutely in on sending stuff if we all agree!!!!

Originally posted by Aurora1101 View Post
                These are all great ideas. I like the idea of a shipper meeting. I know Duncan was trying to organize something here on the East Coast but like True Romantic said, some places are so big it's hard to find one place for everyone to get together. I'd love something along the lines of Gatecon, but in our case it would be called Shipcon and, of course, our two favorite actors would just have to be the special guests.
                Yeah, but we'd have to plan that like 10 years in advance, lol! Getting everyone able to join, finding a place big enough that everyone can get to, getting money together, arranging food/sleeping, and all that stuff would take forever and be very difficult to do. But maybe someday we'll be able to have a Shipper Con!
                sigpic

Comment

The East Coast get together thing is kind of in limbo. There was some response, but I was hoping for more. Come on, shippers, I know you're out there!!!!

I do like the idea of many gatherings on Ship Day. Worldwide pockets of ship.

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

So...who's in???

I hearby appoint myself General in the Kingdom of Eternal Optimism and pledge our forces to Operation Penguin Blitz (unless we can think of a better name)!
                    sigpic

Comment

<snipped>

Thank you!!
                      We move out next Thursday...I'm already packing boxes...it's scary as heck but exciting too!! 16 years of packing to do...yep...it's nuts around here!!!
                      Can't imagine doing that! I've lived here 19 years and I'm hoping never to have to pack up and move, the idea scares me to death! Hope it goes well for you. Just make sure you put the kettle, coffee and mugs handy, and of course get your internet up and running as a main priority

Shame we don't have access to the Stargate, we could all zip off to some lovely planet in no time at all

So...who's in???
                      Me me me! I'm up for whatever the majority want, be it postcards or artwork, anything to get our message across
                      Originally posted by Aurora1101 View Post
                      Of course they would

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
                        Time for a new art!
                        That's definitely one of my favorite scenes.
                        I just love what Sam is doing with Jacks hand!
                        Seems like I'm hand touching addicted.

That is awesome! I love your wps.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        Off to bed for this Shipper too...

I'll leave you with this:

Just something to think about.
                        Great sig.
                        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Oh, I know we'd need to have more than just Nad's stuff. I was just saying one thing we could send. But I'm absolutely in on sending stuff if we all agree!!!!

Yeah, but we'd have to plan that like 10 years in advance, lol! Getting everyone able to join, finding a place big enough that everyone can get to, getting money together, arranging food/sleeping, and all that stuff would take forever and be very difficult to do. But maybe someday we'll be able to have a Shipper Con!
                          10 years? nah. Creation has conventions yearly and they're able to pull it off. Plus we'd have more incentive for our convention just for the simple fact it's all about the ship

Originally posted by DuncTK421 View Post
                          The East Coast get together thing is kind of in limbo. There was some response, but I was hoping for more. Come on, shippers, I know you're out there!!!!

I do like the idea of many gatherings on Ship Day. Worldwide pockets of ship.

I'm here Duncan! Name the time and place

I like the idea of gatherings leading up to Ship Day also.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
                            seond ever? you're pretty darn good for having only made two sigs!!!
                            *blushes* Thanks

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
                            Leonardo DiCaprio's old?
                            That's terrifying! But...but...but what if you can remember going to see him in Romeo and Juliet?

Anyway, he's much hotter now. Blood Diamond? Yes please

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
                            *Huggles the Ship Family*

Hope you've all been well. I come bearing a (work in progress) fic rec: Sin City by Karibou and Cartertwo. It's racy... just warnin' ya.
                            Fangurl time approaching...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Another story from Karibou, not checked her FF page for ages . Thanks for sharing!!

Hey all!! Long time no chat...but I am jumping in really quickly to say hi and to tell you to all get ready...we are gonna all have to rally together and get this ship moving in the right direction.
                            The idea came to me after meeting Chris Judge last night...he was telling us how much influence we fans can have on the show. He mentioned how he got onto Atlantis because the fans kept asking who would win in a fight between Ronan and Teal'c...so...I was thinking...how can we shippers get the message across to TPTB to get the ship resolved in a positive way???
                            How about a rally of sorts??? Maybe send a plethora of penguin postcards to TPTB or maybe a petition signed by shippers from all around the globe???
                            What do you think??? Worth a shot???
                            I just think it's time we did something pro active...I mean really pro active...lets make a stand like the Dr Beckett fans did...lets get this ship moving!!!!
                            I love this idea! I've always thought that fans have a lot of sway in a show, and this has been proven with the Teal'c and Beckett fans. The only thing with this is, everyone needs to be in. I'm sure they will be, but we need to be committed and organised . I definetely think we should send:

1. A petition signed by shippers all over the world (obv. this can be done online so that's fairly easy)
                            2. Penguin Postcards
                            3. Nad's Letters
                            4. A collection of the crazy fandom we immerse ourselves in. By this I mean artwork, fanfiction, videos etc...

Let's face it, we've all been immersed in this ship for so long, some of you since the very beginning of Stargate, and we deserve our resolution. If there's one thing the Producer's can't do, it's ignore the fans .

My Queen, that's what you have me, Sarai, and Joe for. The times you need a temporary replacemen!!
                            yep, we're here for you Jann. Don't worry we'll hold off these vultures while you're away.

*pokes tongue out at Jumble*

Hehe this would sooo much fun! It's fairly easy for us in the UK to get together, nananana . It's just that we're so titchy! Who else here is in the UK out of interest? I know Jumble, Oma, Aveo_amacus and Alan are. Anyone else?

EDIT: *pokes self in eye* I forgot to reply to the other bits
                            Last edited by Sarai; 24 April 2008, 09:08 AM.

Comment

I hearby appoint myself General in the Kingdom of Eternal Optimism and pledge our forces to Operation Penguin Blitz (unless we can think of a better name)!
                              Operation Penguin Blitz sounds good to me. I'd recommend Operation Penguin Power but that sounds too Spice Girl-y to me
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                                I love this idea! I've always thought that fans have a lot of sway in a show, and this has been proven with the Teal'c and Beckett fans. The only thing with this is, everyone needs to be in. I'm sure they will be, but we need to be committed and organised . I definetely think we should send:

1. A petition signed by shippers all over the world (obv. this can be done online so that's fairly easy)
                                2. Penguin Postcards
                                3. Nad's Letters
                                4. A collection of the crazy fandom we immerse ourselves in. By this I mean artwork, fanfiction, videos etc...

Let's face it, we've all been immersed in this ship for so long, some of you since the very beginning of Stargate, and we deserve our resolution. If there's one thing the Producer's can't do, it's ignore the fans .
                                And so say all of us!
                                Yep, I agree with all of the above, and I'm definitely in

yep, we're here for you Jann. Don't worry we'll hold off these vultures while you're away.

*pokes tongue out at Jumble*
                                Vultures: Aw, I only wanted to be Queen for a little while, just one day? Aw, go on.........I can be really guttery when I want to, honest

Comment

Working...
                                X