This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    i can't believe i'm about to say this, and i know i'm going to be slammed by my sam friends on the sam thread, but... shame on you, amanda. if you were reading this... i'm really going to have to leave now, because i want to cry.
    Oh, Sally. Don't cry sweetie.

You know what it is? Authors like that take the quotes they feel make their point for them. It's not a very balanced perspective sometimes.

But Amanda's not anti-Sam/Jack. She's anti-Sam/Weakness. And she can sound a bit mercurial when she's quoted in books and articles sometimes. I really think it's just the way the authors there are getting their own points across.

The fact is, Amanda and Rick as actors have incredible chemistry on-screen (and off!). When you cast for a long-term drama, you can't ask for better than that, and neither one of them would ever disparage the 'shipper' sect of their fans, because they know--they're the ones who made the whole thing happen in the first place.

I found a great post by a German fan right here on these boards. He tirelessly transcribed from the REGION 2 (SEASON EIGHT DVD) AUDIO COMMENTARY -- including some "PTB" POV. Some of it even highlights the chemistry between Amanda and Richard, which translated into Sam and Jack over the years. The original post is here:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...94#post4488194

...But I'll quote from it for you anyway. Hopefully we'll get that smile back on your face.

Read what Peter (DeLuise) says about Amanda and Rick towards the end of Moebius...

[snip]

WW = Will Waring (director, camera)
    PDL = Peter DeLuise (director, writer)
    GJ = Gary Jones (actor, director)

(811 Audio Commentary "Gemini" by Will Waring (WW, Director))
    (17min - RepliCarter meets O'Neill in the base and is ordered to shoot
    him in her vision)
    WW: "But she [RepliCarter] can't just shoot Jack - because she loves
    him...
    "

(33min - Alt. Carter and Alt. O'Neill just got into the PJ [PuddleJumper])
    PDL: "This is a fun scene because they're starting to have feelings for each other because no matter what timeline, they would be sort of be drawn to each other. Did you ever notice that? Did you ever notice
    how Amanda will flirt with you like heavily, and then when Richard
    comes into the room, it just stops? Like it's all about Richard?
    "
    GJ: "She NEVER flirted with me."
    PDL: "Never?"
    GJ: "Nah! She just kicks me out, you know... She just comes in and
    goes, 'What have we got? What have we got? What's going on?' And I go,
    'I don't know!' And she goes, 'Move over!'"
    PDL: "She doesn't say, 'Move over', she taps your shoulder and you get
    up, right? Why is that? Have you asked yourself that?"
    GJ: "I asked the fans, and the fans crack up because they know..."
    PDL: "It's HER bum to be pressed against the material that where your
    bum was just being pressed up against. Was that not..."
    GJ: "I DON'T think so."
    PDL: "Well, then you explain it(!)"
    GJ: "Oh, because you know I'm doing a good job, but she does it
    BETTER. But she's not gonna be..."
    PDL: "I never thought of her that way. Because I always thought, you
    know, no-one was better opening the iris than you."

(37min - Alt. Carter and Alt. O'Neill aboard the PJ, which is being
    shot at by Ra's Jaffa)

PDL: "This was a lot of fun. Do you remember the old series 'Love
    American Style'?"
    GJ: "Yeah."
    PDL: "Do you remember when they would kiss, and there would be
    fireworks? Do you remember when you first met your wife?"
    GJ: "Love American Sty-hyh-yle..."
    PDL: "Well, this is a much anticipated for moment where they kiss, and
    all the sparks go bam-bam-bam-kah-bam-bam-bam, right?"

GJ: "That's cool. What's going on?"
    PDL: "I tried to play it as much as possible."
    (Daniel and Alt. Teal'c deal with the Ra's Jaffa)
    PDL: "So Ra is not a god. And I'm speaking English to you even though
    you're from Ancient Egypt. And what's going on? Yeah, they still don't
    speak English, Teal'c. They're still from Ancient Egypt."
    GJ: "Relinquish - what?!"

(40min - last scene at O'Neill's pond, and End Titles)
    PDL: "Now, did you ever see the famous 'The Simpsons' where Homer goes
    back in time several times over trying to make the timeline right? And
    he finally finally finally gets it right, and he's eating diner with
    his family, and they all have forked, snake-like tongues? And he goes,
    'Close enough', because he can't get back anymore. It'd just kill him,
    right? 'Close enough', the fish in the pond, there's not supposed to
    be any fish in this pond. 'Didn't you say there were no fish in this
    pond?' - 'Close enough.' Inspired by the Simpsons episode. Close
    enough. And even though there's fish in this pond, there's something a
    miss."
    GJ: "Right."
    PDL: "With the timeline, if there are in fact fish in this pond. But
    he's close enough because of the Simpsons homage. This is the same
    pullback from Threads, without the cut-aways with the fish in the
    pond. If this had been this last episode that Richard or the show or
    whatever, that would have been their riding off into the sunset moment
    right there. He finally gets Carter to go fishing with him, which a lot of the fans have been waiting for for many many years."
    GJ: "I'm curious what my very final shot is gonna be."
    PDL: "I think your final shot will probably be on a space ship with a
    harem of beautiful exotic alien women, who're all green."
    GJ: "Oh, and I'm just reaching out and clicking off the intercom ."
    PDL: "Yes."
    GJ: "My final reach and grab."
    PDL: "Got to. And for those of you who don't know about reach and
    grab, watch Gary. He's the master."

Smile Sally! It's just some author using quotes she gleaned from Amanda to establish her own point of view. It's not Amanda making any statements about Sam and Jack at all. Truly.

Trust you me...

.A.

Comment

Wonderful post, Anunnaki! I knew you'd be a good addition here. And I will tell you that it's very rare that majorsal gets upset, because she sees the "long view" better than almost all of us.

C'mon, Sally, cheer up. She's right. It's been proven more times than we can count. Some authori is just trying to establish her own point of view. Sam and Jack are together, and Rick and AT will eventually resolve their story for us. Keep the faith, sweetie!!!!!

Comment

We're keeping faith! Great post!
        Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
        LOVE HIM-> DT
        ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Just popping in to say...

((((((((((((((Sally))))))))))))))))

Aw honey...I should have warned you about those books...I've read all of them at Borders but never bought any of them because of the anti-S/J slant the writer loves.

I've given you wee message in your rep...hope it cheers you up a bit...

Gotta go!

Suz
          xxxxx
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by SierraGolfCharlie
            Hi everyone! I have been a lurker in these threads forever and finally decided to come out of my hiding place. I am still in Stargate withdrawal...well I mean Sam/Jack withdrawal. As those know came out of it briefly a couple weeks back but then it got worse! So anyway couldnt stand the wait for more SJ so decided to preorder season 8. Got 1 day shipping to. 1/3 the price of the dang DVD for it! Oh well.

Anyway so I know will enjoy chating with you all...or in otherwords watching you guys chat. Well have to go back to the ever present and OH SO WONDERFUL world of *drums please!* Homework...Aghh! Stop thowing tomatos! College is so much worse then High School....yea getting OT.

So will get out of all your hairs now *shuffles away* *curtains fall* *pokes head out of curtains* Forgot to add RDA withdrawal to! ...... You had to put the tomato on my face didnt ya? HMM? HMM?! *pokes head out of view*

BYE!!!!..For now lol.

HEY! and welcome. I know how you feel, lol. I stopped lurking a couple of weeks ago.. its great here I never knew there were so many people who felt the same as me!! lol.

Anyway... good luck with your homework.. I have lots too and Im not even in college yet... *gets scared*

And yeah... S/J & RDA withdrawal.. S9 hasnt even aired over here yet, and Im feeling it. Im just so scared it wont be the same... but RDA's family is more important that SG-1 and Im glad he's got the chance to spend more time with them
            Sam&Jack
            ..:TogetherForever:..

--/\/ShipperForLife\/\--
            ForNoOneCanDenyTheLove
            TheyWantEachOtherBad--AlwaysWillAndAlwaysHave

Comment

Just popping in before i head off to work bc i heard something yesterday that i thought only you guys would appreciate.

There i was standing at the bar (where i work) and i hear two guys comparing fishing to sex Made me laugh bc i instantly thought of Jack and Sam

Comment

WELCOME SIERRAGOLFCHARLIE AND SALLY LIZZIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun and post lots!!!

Well...I probably wont be around much during the week...C-Day is tomorrow (Caledonian Day...my University) and I'm TERRIFIED!!!

Wish me luck!
                sigpic

Comment

By popular request (and because I had already written it anyway ), here is the finale to my most recent run of shipfics: Aftermath, sequel to Focal Point and All The Way, both of which you can find by clicking the link in my siggie.

Please R&R, and enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                    WELCOME SIERRAGOLFCHARLIE AND SALLY LIZZIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun and post lots!!!

Well...I probably wont be around much during the week...C-Day is tomorrow (Caledonian Day...my University) and I'm TERRIFIED!!!

Wish me luck!
                    Hey Kiddo!

Good luck.

...and don't worry. All the other first year students are just as scared as you are.

The Shipper Family is right behind you, waving, looking in the dorm room closet, staring down that guy in the corner who's been eyeing you. We're right here if you need us (and we'll be good if you have to shoo us off while you study.)

Bucky

Comment

(((Bucky)))

Thank you!

Luckily I'm living at home...I'm only about 20 miles from the campus, so it's not too far!

And if the guy eyeing me up happens to be a certain silver haired USAF General...don't worry...I'll handle him
                      sigpic

Comment

Welcome, SierraGulfCharlie!
                        Welcome, Sally Lizzie!

This is a great place to share thoughts of Sam and Jack. The people here are great, and we have some really good discussions. We also go off-topic from time to time. For instance, I know my friends in Pennsylvania are happy this afternoon, because the Steelers are killing the Titans! Ah, well. Better luck next week.

But please come back and play with us often. We're subject to drastic mood swings, depending on the public state of THE SHIP. But deep down inside, someone is always here to remind us that there's no way Sam and Jack aren't together at this point, and that TPTB will give us a resolution.....eventually.

Comment

good luck SueKay ! I'm sure everything is gonna be well and most of all, that you like it ! It's the beginning of a new life !! so have fun ! and tell us more soon !!!

I met Carolina today and that was very nice !! I could have talked with her for the whole day ! I hope you didn't miss your plane and have a great Bday "party"

that's a very good experience so if anybody comes in France keep me posted Gatebee, let me know when you'll be there and I'll see if I'm available to come and see you

Annunaki thank you for yoru great post and I hope it bring a smile on Sally's face

I'm out to read Aftermath

Comment

Hey sueKay

Good luck tommorow. Tell me everything University is hard but great too. You get to know other people who are way more nicer than in high school !

I made my first shipper banner what you think of it?
                            Lord Zedd

Comment

(((((Anubis)))))

Thank you!

I sent you a PM at Omega a few days ago...did you get it?
                              sigpic

Comment

yup I did get it. I have responded at Stargate Omega I really hope you'll like it tommorow at university. It will be hard but don't give it up when it seems impossible. I had allmost given up but 2 days ago they had let me know I passed and I can go to the second grade of university !!
                                Lord Zedd

Comment

Working...
                                X