Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah...I'd heard of people getting booed for asking shipper questions...it's horrid isn't it

Wilkommen Nina and any other newbies I've missed

Meine Deutsch ist sehr schlect!!!

Hope I got that right
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
      Yeah...I'd heard of people getting booed for asking shipper questions...it's horrid isn't it

Hope I got that right
      Not quite, but good attempt, Sue.

As for booing, I can't believe it. I mean, last night's chat, for example. Had that been a con, I may have sighed an tutted that the questions weren't meaty enough for my personal taste (no offence) but I would never dream of booing anyone.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        Well, his words were "Not Like This"...... I mean, he just wanted it on his terms, right? So he took the chance to do it on his terms with the neck.
        Maybe just not in public - there were other men walking through the locker room.
        sigpic
        Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
        My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
          Generally reassuring, but why the use of the word "renew" ("he could not renew any kind of romantic relationship with Sam")? That seems to imply a romantic relationship did exist in the past, a notion already rejected in the earlier analysis.
          Orlin loved Sam - Sam did not love Orlin.
          sigpic
          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
            Maybe just not in public - there were other men walking through the locker room.
            He was soooo into her from the beginning. The whole "Not like this thing" and the struggle. It was all half hearted. He wanted it really.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

As for booing, I can't believe it. I mean, last night's chat, for example. Had that been a con, I may have sighed an tutted that the questions weren't meaty enough for my personal taste (no offence) but I would never dream of booing anyone.
              It happened to us at the French convention in december 2004. There were Sam/Pete shippers and well, let's just say they didn't appreciate our Sam/Jack ship banner. But guess who won at the end?

Comment

You (I hope)

I would never boo at the opinion of somebody else. It's fun to have somebody to discuss with ("fighting" regulary with the S/D-Shippers at stargate-project. We like each other, but it's so much fun), that doesn't mean it isn't good that there are many S/J-Shippers, I'm so glad there are, but it's good to have both, hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Yeah, I speak German. My family is German, I am studying it at university, and I lived there last year.
                That's cool! Saves me from saying something totally stupid...

Thank you!
                Oh, it's not perfect, but understandable, and German is one of the hardest languages, many tenses and stuff like that. And yours is really good!
                There's a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizzare and inexplicable.

There's another theory which states that this has already happened.

Douglas Adams

Please excuse my mistakes, I'm from Germany and my English isn't so good

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
                  What a great story, Trupi. Thank you! I have no idea how to give green. Do you have to have made a certain number of posts??

Happy birthday Shipperahoy!!

I submitted my Ph.D thesis this afternoon (yay!!) after 4 years of hard work. So now I can spend MUCH more time with my shipper family (double yay!!) Sam O Neill, glad you have finished your exams too!
                  Thank You What have you done your Ph.D in? 4 years is a long time!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Wow? You get booed at cons for ship questions? That's awful!
                    I've had the opposite eperience..I've been cheered for ship questions. I asked Teryl a dan/jan question and got a massive cheer. (Thanks, guys!)

btw, collateral damage
                    Spoiler:
                    at the end, when mitchell was in the locker room, the locker to his left had the name 'jack' on it....wonder of that was deiberate. and i didn't see any sam/cam shippiness at all..i saw m being good to and looking after a good friend..which was why she was represented as a nurse in cam's flashback

this time next week, i'll have seen Ripple Effect!!!!!!!!
                    Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Unfortunately boos happen. Not just for ship questions either. It's part of what makes it so hard to get up and ask questions. I totally chickened out last year. It's very intimidating...for me anyway. In a perfect world you could get up and ask any question you wanted secure in the knowledge that no boos or loud choruses of groans would arise from the audience after you did so. Alas, life is not a Walgreen's commercial.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I watched Collateral Damage tonight and Stargate just isn't Stargate anymore....I was bored stiff for the first 45 mins it only got a bit interesting once they started finding the anomalies and things...(Trying to be vague here )

Am a bit more excited about Ripple Effect but i'm not getting my hopes up too much.

Night Night

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

MichelleB - yeah at the last con I was at, some folks from the DanJan fanfic list (or something like that) asked a few racy questions...there were some calls and whistles as well as some clapping at the answers in reponse!

I don't know why S/J ship is such a sore topic...It's part of the cannon the same as anything else.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                            I don't know why S/J ship is such a sore topic...It's part of the cannon the same as anything else.
                            Sam/Jack is a convenient scapegoat for any non-S/J fan when he/she doesn't like something about the show.

That's one possible reason.

Comment

I'd say that's probably THE reason. Same as people who don't like RDA blame RDA for the show's shortcomings...the people that don't like MS blame MS for the show's shortcomings...yadda yadda....

BTW - I'm making my first Music video...watch this space
                              sigpic

Comment

i've heard of people booing s/j ship questions but i've also heard of people cheering them. there's always going to be a mix. people probably get sick of hearing exactly the same ship questions if they go to these things a lot.

i'm sure its not limited to s/j questions either. i hope not anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X