This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rant time - off topic - other ship parings/other shows

i was reading in an entertainment magazine and they were giving spoilers for upcoming returning shows that i watch. i won't say which shows i'm talking about (as to not spoil for anyone), but...

*in one, i was happy that these two kissed in the last ep of the season. and i found out that when the show returns, they'll just part as friends. *surprise, eh?*

*in the second, i knew these two would never really get together (there's a history that prevents then ending happily ever after), but it still ticks me off that i found them more appealing than the preferred/predestined ship. but they've shipped the pairing i like from the beginning of this show, and then last season, added 'another' for the female... in a *very* similar fashion of the sam/pete introduction... ticked me off.

*one of the two just recently died, so that ruins the whole ship pairing. (and i just got into them)

*these two i'm basically not interested in at all, but my mom and sis are. and i read that they're going to have them get together eventually (the writer guesses), but until then, they're going to give 'others' for both of them. *joy. not*

*the last one ticked me off the most, because it was the one i was really interested in. this show is new, and they're shipping two guys for this one girl. but we know the girl's heart belongs to the real hero of this story. and i really like them together and individually. so when i read last night that they're not going to have them get together (at least this upcoming season), but that they're giving a love interest for the guy... and that the actress playing the girl doesn't want to be in this guy's shadow, so is happy to not have this ship played (right now?)....

suffice it to say, shippers, stargate's not the only one to string their shipper fans along. and torture them with 'others'. or lead them on with hoped-for resolutions. man, talk about cliche'...

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
      Oh good grief! I just read the spoilers for Crusade. Maybe I should just cut my loses now and find something else to watch on Friday night.
      *nods*

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Trupi I though Don did not know when
        Spoiler:
        RDA would be appearing again?Even if RDA does return for the Season finale it does not sound like he will have much to do thanks to Vala.Unless RDA returns for the second half of the Season finale.I really hope we see RDA because Season 10 is a long way off.I would hate to have to wait for Season 10 even if RDA is in the first episode of the Season.The way I'am feeling I really want to skip the rest of Season 9 but I will probably watch the rest of Season 9.I'am a glutton for punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
          BrenRen, I have to disagree with you, I took something completely different from that answer!

JM - "Just two people who were drawn together by a mutual attraction that developed over time."

I think that's exactly what it is. He says it started with a mutual attraction - perfectly true, but there's no reason to assume that it was just a sexual attraction. And it has definitly developed over time, into a beautiful, meaningful relationship based on all the things you said - "Respect, honour, duty, faith, trust, admiration and sacrifice."
          see, at first, i saw it in the 'less than' light, but my mom and another shipper friend didn't.

i wanted joe to come right out and say it's a love story. and i also got confused by the mutual attraction that developed over time line. was he saying the attraction developed over time (i thought it was there from the beginning), or that it developed over time into something deeper?... this is what happens when you're used to deciphering someones answers... you do it so much that you can't read what's in front of you.

i'm now taking this as a 'more than' instead of a less, because i'm seeing it as it developed into something more over time.

*pushes rose colored glasses up nose*

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Token
            ((((((((((((BrenRen))))))))))))) I gotta keep you happy!! I can't have one of my favorite Ship writers in a rant! Let it all out!

I notice that JM didn't say that they are "just attracted to one another". He said they are "drawn together". I like that! It means they can't help themselves! They have been trying for 8 years to resist the urge to be completely together. What is a love story anyway? To me, it is when two people are "drawn" together, who overcome obstacles to eventually be together.
            hmmm.... i like this!

you guys are giving me ideas and helping to heal my heart.

(((shippers)))

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

*dramatic music* The Babe is back in town! wow how long has it been...several months at least, you may not remember me but I was here a while back Tauripeg is still my mother...as far as i know , anyway I shall attempt to come on more often.
              -you know your crazy right?
              -...yes
              -ok just checking

-I'm only as paranoid as the voices in my head say i am.

Me and My Danielbot live in a cabin by the woods...

there's something fishy about our new puppy...

Comment

I read the spoilers too. All I will say is they really are going the way of The X-Files! Literally!

Yes, it might seem like they have ripped off Star Trek but Star Trek: Voyager ripped off Stargate. The episode 'Beneath the Surface' to be exact.

In OT but good news, Jang-Geum and Sir Min ended up together! They even had a daughter! This story line was eerily like Sam and Jack! The King died though.At least one of my ships worked out. That is three out of... never mind.

Spoiler:
                Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

So the ship isnt looking good for Season 9 then? Oh well, we must live off fanfic.
                  Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                  LOVE HIM-> DT
                  ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                    BrenRen, I have to disagree with you, I took something completely different from that answer!

JM - "Just two people who were drawn together by a mutual attraction that developed over time."

I think that's exactly what it is. He says it started with a mutual attraction - perfectly true, but there's no reason to assume that it was just a sexual attraction. And it has definitly developed over time, into a beautiful, meaningful relationship based on all the things you said - "Respect, honour, duty, faith, trust, admiration and sacrifice."
                    Uh huh - just look at the COG scene - if that wasn't sexual attraction I don't know what was. And that's how it all started. Nothing wrong with a good dose of lust Then, over time, it grew into all the things Bren said. That's how my relationship with my hubby started - I lusted the pants off him - but it only took us a couple of months, not 9 years for the rest

And Trupi - it's not just italian men that like to wind us up - it's ALL MEN! Although if you follow hubby's family tree back far enough, it all started in Sicily ...... Maybe you're right!

As for Crusade
                    Spoiler:
                    I see I'm not the only one having flashbacks to the Peacekeeper Wars
                    I thought that was well OTT - although I did find the whole
                    Spoiler:
                    water birth scene
                    absolutely hysterical. I know Stargate like to do their little homages to shows / movies past that they like or that the actors have been in - and usually they are really subtle or really funny. This one just makes me want to cringe. Actually, I think it makes me want to (don't want to leave a mess for you all to have to clear up )

Token - Wanna post a really snarky, sarcastic plot line involving lots of S/J ship?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen
                      It's the "Just" and the implied denial of the "Love Story" that upset me.

Everyone is absolutely entitled to their own view. I'd be the last person to blast anyone for disagreeing with me... I'm too used to being disagreed with to let it bother me anymore. Getting older and wiser also comes with thicker skin.

Besides, discussion isn't that interesting when everyone agrees.... then all you get to read is page after page of "me too!"... Not much fun there!

Long live the Ship, all the same!
                      ((((((Bren Ren)))))))

Nothing wrong with a good old rant, honey! We're here to let ya, and give you hugs to make it feel a bit better. Especially when it leaves you free to enjoy writing
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey bren ren sorry you don't like SG.1 the way it is now. I like it a bit but not that much anymore since RDA left the show. I gave you some green to confort you
                        Lord Zedd

Comment

Oma nice to see you are alive. :d you still here posting a lot

I have a question what age does Jack O'Neill have. I know that sometime ago there was a discusion about his age and somebody found his securitycard or so? Do you know where I can find that security card or what epiosde??
                          Lord Zedd

Comment

If you're looking for the age of Jack, try looking at pics from "entity". Each of SG-1's personnel records pops up on the screen.

Comment

Thought everyone could use some cheering up!
                              Last edited by gate_girl12; 09 September 2005, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Heya!

Well...after mulling over my thoughts...I have come to a conclusion.

I'm not watching season nine...and I may not watch Atlantis

I am through with Stargate on TV...But I will remain active in the Stargate Fandom...because the people I've met here and on other forums and mailing lists have to be the NICEST, MOST INTELLIGENT, FUNNY AND WITTY PEOPLE that TPTB should tank for watching their show...It shouldn't be us thanking them...it should be the other way about.

So...thank you to the actors who have all thanked us for our support...but it's be nice if it was reciprocated.
                                sigpic
                                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                                X