This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
    Oh my, Mara...what great new sig...! It's Urgo, methinks!
    Heheheh....yep! How did you know?

Originally posted by Patriot_Jackie View Post
    S/J Shippers, UNITE! And take a survey!

A master's student at Georgetown is working on fan fiction for her thesis. There's a survey and she needs as many people from as many fandoms as possible to complete it so that the diversity of fan culture is represented.

If you have a minute, please check it out and send the link to your fanfic reading and writing friends.

I haven't done it yet, because I'm at work, but I'll be doing it later!
    Hmm...could be interesting...*goes off to check it out*
    sigpic
    Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

I haven't had a chance to comment yet on the Continuum pix...

Time for the shipper ATL aspirin bottle...

Spoiler:
      Just to make sure you really want to read my speculations...

Spoiler:
      First, I think it's apparent now that the desert camo team is the Now team. They've gone to whatever planet the Jaffa have set up as their center of gov't, such as it is, probably taking over some System Lord's stronghold...maybe even Ba'al's himself...the picture of Ba'al locked into the Jaff version of the electic chair looks far more goa'uld-ish than Jaffa-esque.

And it would seem that Ba'al escapes...cuz he's stabbing Jack in the same clothes we see him in while in confinement. Jack...at least by the previous picture of him, Sam, Daniel and Cam...seemed unarmed. It's possible that while SG1 is off trying to capture him, Ba'al gets the drop on Jack and attacks him. Jack had to have been alone...it's the only way Ba'al could have done that. SG1 would have gunned him down had they been there.

We know that Sam, Daniel and Cam end up gating to Earth when the timeline shifts...that the wormhole protects them. I'm going to guess that they were in the process of taking Jack back...either badly wounded or perhaps even dead. Teal'c perhaps would have been carrying Jack...lagging behind while the others go ahead to demand...er, call for a med team to the gate room stat... Somehow, during this time frame, Ba'al has made it probably to an orbiting ship, made his jump back in time and sunk the earth gate into the arctic ocean in the 1920s, effectively changing the future. That's why, when Sam, Cam and Daniel pop out at the other end, they're in the arctic with 90 year old gear.

IIRC, Jack is the one who rescues them off the ice. Col. O'Neill obviously hasn't had as auspicious a career as Gen. O'Neill...he's stuck in the arctic...either by choice or by default. Now here's a chance for some major ship hints...how could Sam see the man she loves under these circumstances and *not* react?

So...no stargate, no SGC in this timeline. However, now that they've discovered it, the military salvages it...but upon learning from SG1 just what has happened in the ATL, they decide to mothball it. After all...Ra, Apophis, Anubis, Nirrti, and all the other bad guys are still out there. If Earth stays off their radar, all the better. Sam and the others are ordered to integrate into this timeline, not contact one another and forget about the Stargate.

Yeah. Right.

When Ba'al returns to destroy Earth, aided and abetted by Qetesh and his first Prime, Teal'c...SG1 knows they have to change the timeline back sooner rather than later. There are a couple of ways they could travel back in time to stop Ba'al from sinking the gate...including the puddle jumper/time machine on Maybourne's planet. Of course they'd need Col. O'Neill for that...ancient gene and all that. They use that to get to 1928 and stop Ba'al...and then use the time machine Ba'al obviously has on his ship (the one he used to get back to 1928 in the first place) to jump back to the restored timeline at the moment Ba'al escapes, so they can prevent his escape, prevent Jack's wounding/death, and keep Ba'al from changing the past/future again.

But that's just me running on again...
      Well, I like that idea.
      Spoiler:
      Good pick up on their being unarmed- it could be that this planet is like the Tollan or Nox- they are disarmed or are asked to leave their arms somewhere else, but Ba'al doesn't- maybe he has help on the inside. Maybe these folks are like Thor- they wouldn't even recognize a knife as a weapon, it's so primitive!

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
      Country-western singer Charlie Rich was called "The Silver Fox."
      I'm sure you're right. It was a long time ago and i never could keep the country singers straight back then. I pay more attention now. Well, at least I pay attention to Alan Jackson.

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
      I always thought, in Brief Candle, when he said he was 40, that he kinda trailed off there at the end like he was gonna say more, but decided 40 sounded better than what, 45, and so cut himself off.
      But he was by himself- why would he care? Or do you mean RDA thought it sounded better? I always thought he sounded pretty emphatic about it, but i haven't seen that ep in a while. It's one of my least-favorites. I don't like it when anything bad happens to Jack. Which makes me wonder why I like Stargate, sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
        Well, I like that idea.
        Spoiler:
        Good pick up on their being unarmed- it could be that this planet is like the Tollan or Nox- they are disarmed or are asked to leave their arms somewhere else, but Ba'al doesn't- maybe he has help on the inside. Maybe these folks are like Thor- they wouldn't even recognize a knife as a weapon, it's so primitive!

I'm sure you're right. It was a long time ago and i never could keep the country singers straight back then. I pay more attention now. Well, at least I pay attention to Alan Jackson.

But he was by himself- why would he care? Or do you mean RDA thought it sounded better? I always thought he sounded pretty emphatic about it, but i haven't seen that ep in a while. It's one of my least-favorites. I don't like it when anything bad happens to Jack. Which makes me wonder why I like Stargate, sometimes.
        He wasn't alone, he was talking to Kynthia. And I did mean Jack, not RDA. I thought there was a pause, like he was lying about his age, but it's been a while since I've seen it too so I could be remembering wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot_Jackie View Post
          S/J Shippers, UNITE! And take a survey!

A master's student at Georgetown is working on fan fiction for her thesis. There's a survey and she needs as many people from as many fandoms as possible to complete it so that the diversity of fan culture is represented.

If you have a minute, please check it out and send the link to your fanfic reading and writing friends.

I haven't done it yet, because I'm at work, but I'll be doing it later!
          It was fun recalling all the great fics I've read. It was so hard to narrow it down to a select few, but I did it.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            i saved those answers because i just needed confirmation *one more time* that the door was indeed left open for sam/amanda to come back. joe prob thinks i nag him , but ptb DO change their minds on things (just look at the 'trio' situation), so...

(vss; i tried to green you on your 'continuum' idea, but i'm out of green)

sally
            Great idea to save that, sally! Hold their feet to the fire, so to speak!

Thanks for trying to green me, but you already gave it to me for my Jack and Vala scenario. I collected a lot of green over that.

Comment

He wasn't alone, he was talking to Kynthia. And I did mean Jack, not RDA. I thought there was a pause, like he was lying about his age, but it's been a while since I've seen it too so I could be remembering wrong.
              Oh, we were both right.

(That's my opinion of Knythia's brainpower, but I think I've already talked about that).

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                Sally, do you have a link to that fic?
                http://sjalways-forever.jackandsamfo...y.php?sid=2678

must warn you, it's VERY gutterish.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                  Oh, we were both right.

(That's my opinion of Knythia's brainpower, but I think I've already talked about that).
                  *Snort* Well, her name is Bambi. In another universe anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
                    It was fun recalling all the great fics I've read. It was so hard to narrow it down to a select few, but I did it.
                    I checked this out too. It was hard to narrow it down to three authors. I could name at least three authors on this thread alone that I think are excellent, let alone some other stories I've found elsewhere. Very difficult, indeed
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

*Snort* Well, her name is Bambi. In another universe anyway...
                      I didn't like Dr. Bambi...

Bambi!? Her name is Bambi?

Comment

she looks so pretty there. i wish i could do my hair like that, but without massive amounts of anti frizz, i'd look like someone had electrocuted me. i just don't have that kind of naturally gorgeous hair. or it's because amanda's naturally gorgeous that she could be bald and i'd still be thinking she's perfect.

sorry for the fangirling

sally
                        She is particularly radiant I since she got her man IMHO

[QUOTE=Aurora1101;7822299]
                        Originally posted by mara-anni View Post

Holy hannah! Your sig is gorgeous

Jann did a great job
                        Thanks!

Yep, she did
                        sigpic
                        Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

http://sjalways-forever.jackandsamfo...y.php?sid=2678

must warn you, it's VERY gutterish.

sally
                          I checked this story out also, Sally. Gutterish is putting it lightly....
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

Whoa...look at how many people are here...! Is there something happening I don't know about? Or is it just a Friday night in February and there's not a lot else going on!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                              I didn't like Dr. Bambi...

Bambi!? Her name is Bambi?
                              Am I right to assume that the actress that played Kynthia played the character of Bambi in that "bug" episode of the X-Files?
                              I never realized that til just now
                              sigpic

Comment

Whoa...look at how many people are here...! Is there something happening I don't know about? Or is it just a Friday night in February and there's not a lot else going on!
                                It's because it's LEAP DAY!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X