This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    Isn't it a bit contradictory to be a regular poster in the ship thread and the anti-ship thread? I have no problem with people who aren't shippers or even against ship, but seriously...
    It's easier to post negative comments about the way the ship has been handled by TPTB, or express less-than-optimistic viewpoints about where it's headed on the anti-shipper thread without taking heat for it. I was pleasantly surprised at how the anti-shippers have been thoughtful and rational in their responses, though I don't agree with them. What we share in common is an extreme dislike for the way the fans have been played for the last three years (or longer). I feel that I have to worship at the altar of M & M here. The Trio thing was really the end of the line for me, especially once I saw it. I hate being played. It's just my nature. Actually, I'm sorta surprised I'm still a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
      I admit, I've had to skim a lot lately, so I probably missed it, but can someone point me to the post where it was stated that those shippers who were unhappy about Trio were no longer able to post about it here?
      Well, antoa315, I just got tired of the remarks. And evidently so have others because i am not the only one over there. I admit it's very sad, but it's true. It's not a single post- it's a cumulative feeling.

Comment

I was even thinking, maybe a third thread would be good, just so the anti-shippers don't have us running up their post count! That way, the people who come here for fluffiness and baby pics won't have pissed-off fans like me ruining their day.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
          Well, antoa315, I just got tired of the remarks. And evidently so have others because i am not the only one over there. I admit it's very sad, but it's true. It's not a single post- it's a cumulative feeling.
          Everyone has a right to their opinion, but that goes both ways. It doesn't need to become the happy fan vs disgruntled fan thing that some people are making it out to be.

Someone might jokingly complain that you're trying to drag them out of their happy place, but that doesn't mean they don't respect your opinion. This thread is for all J/S shippers.
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I was even thinking, maybe a third thread would be good, just so the anti-shippers don't have us running up their post count! That way, the people who come here for fluffiness and baby pics won't have pissed-off fans like me ruining their day.
            I'm one of those baby fans... As you can tell...and from what I've heard from others, I don't think I will like Trio once I see it. I feel we've been a bit cheated...

Spoiler:
            we didn't get our ship...and that makes me sad. It seems if we ever get close to some kind of resolution that is going to be canon...we just get the rug pulled out from under us by TPTB. We've waited long enough. And Lord knows their characters deserve much more! That of course is all MHO.

Comment

I thought that's why we had the lounge! Not that Trio is OT in anyway...it's good to let off steam in there, is all I mean

(and unfortunately bear witness to some severe gutter...mostly by my hand)

I personally like shaking things up (like shake and bake) (oh ye gads, why, oh why can't I stay on topic for once!!!) However, as I haven't actually seen Trio and do live in a fantasy world anyway, I'm not sure I'll be a good talking companion

On the other hand, I have browsed the anti-thread (usually when it's above ours in the characters and relationships listing...I'm curious). They actually agree with a lot of things that we have been talking about. Apart from the fact that some of them are vehemently against S/J, their points aren't that far from ours (sometimes)

It's quite interesting, really.

*muches* I feel the need to talk about something meaty...I think I need angst...what's an angsty Sam/Jack episode I can ramble about (seeing as I am rambling with some proficiency today)

I'm sorry guys...does this post sound anywhere near legible? It's meant to say - I like our sometimes argumentative discussions, I do enjoy the good browse through the anti-thread from time to time out of curiosity...please keep sharing your thoughts with us and don't forget the lounge is always a good place to go in case the mood of the thread isn't the same as yours at any particular moment

I'm still not making sense, am i?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                I'm one of those baby fans... As you can tell...and from what I've heard from others, I don't think I will like Trio once I see it. I feel we've been a bit cheated...

Spoiler:
                we didn't get our ship...and that makes me sad. It seems if we ever get close to some kind of resolution that is going to be canon...we just get the rug pulled out from under us by TPTB. We've waited long enough. And Lord knows their characters deserve much more! That of course is all MHO.
                And I am *not* one of those baby and fluff fans (I skim over all those posts) and I quite enjoyed Trio and I enjoyed reading the cut scene (and will enjoy seeing it on the DVD), but I understand that it had to be cut.

I also understand that there are those that don't feel like I do and I don't want them to feel like they cannot post here. There have been times when I have felt attacked, but I realized that it was just my perception and misinterpretation of the situation.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Sorry...change of plan. Forgot I was leaving town early tomorrow morning, so I won't be able to recap SGA Midway tonight.

Have a good weekend everyone.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
                    Well
                    Spoiler:
                    i knew that there was the Jack pic, but I didn't know about the fishing one.
                    it's funny, usually I'd get all excited, or at least be trying to suppress my excitement, but I'm not. Guess Trio really settled it for me.
                    Originally posted by JackandSamAddict I'm one of those baby fans... As you can tell...and from what I've heard from others, I don't think I will like Trio once I see it. I feel we've been a bit cheated...

Spoiler:
                    And I am *not* one of those baby and fluff fans (I skim over all those posts) and I quite enjoyed Trio and I enjoyed reading the cut scene (and will enjoy seeing it on the DVD), but I understand that it had to be cut.

I also understand that there are those that don't feel like I do and I don't want them to feel like they cannot post here. There have been times when I have felt attacked, but I realized that it was just my perception and misinterpretation of the situation.
                    Here's an interesting perspective on Trio that i found in my ramblings:
                    Spoiler:
                    by jdjunkie Egads! I log on to the anti Sam/Jack thread and find it full of disgruntled shippers.

Seriously. Having watched the forums since the deleted scene was posted, and watching this and the shipper thread in particular, it proves one thing if nothing else .... TPTB have dealt with the whole Sam/Jack fiasco appallingly for years, doing themselves, the characters and the fans a huge disservice.

And the overriding thing to bear in mind is that JM is the showrunner. If he wanted that scene in, it would have been in. It would have been canon. It isn't and they continue to screw with that part of their fanbase. Oh, and I don't buy the whole "it was cut for time" explanation either. Having seen the ep (and what dull dreck it was) and speaking as a professional editor, there were plenty of points where dialogue could have been cut to accommodate that scene without losing meaning, pace or direction.

I'm not surprised there are disgruntled shippers.
                    TPTB have been flogging this dead horse for years, to a degree that satisfies no-one.

So that pretty much sums it up for me.
                    Last edited by VSS; 15 February 2008, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                      Hi Everyone,

Sorry...change of plan. Forgot I was leaving town early tomorrow morning, so I won't be able to recap SGA Midway tonight.

Have a good weekend everyone.
                      Aww

Have fun wherever you're going, APA!!!

Ok - Bekki will recap midway instead. Here's what happened...

Spoiler:
                      The title of Midway has two meanings. This episode was not about the base Midway, but rather M.I.D.Way (Men in Dresses Way)

Instead of going to Midway, as was their plan, the Atlantis team found themselves in M.I.D.Way. Within seconds, Rodney and Sheppard were attacked by Dress-wearing bikers and were not seen again for most of the episode. Sam, Teyla and Keller had to search the premises for their missing companions, who, it turned out, were being dressed as women in the next room. Desperate, Sam called in a favour from Teal'c, who, with his new wormhole inducing jet packs, zoomed to Atlantis in a flash. (but not a flash gordon type of flash). He found Sam in M.I.D.Way and kicked some Skirty Dude butt! Rodney and John were finally freed, but kept their dresses as a token of the ordeal. John burnt his once they got back to Atlantis, but Rodney still occasionally wears his on dates

All in all, a good episode.

Yeah I know...I'm looking forward to APA's summary too
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post

I love everything! Angst, fluff, kick-butt stuff, gutter...angst...fluff. Those two are my favorite! I live for that stuff! Anywho...I love our family, even though we don't always see eye to eye. It would be freaky and boring if we did!

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                          Aww

Spoiler:
                          The title of Midway has two meanings. This episode was not about the base Midway, but rather M.I.D.Way (Men in Dresses Way)

Instead of going to Midway, as was their plan, the Atlantis team found themselves in M.I.D.Way. Within seconds, Rodney and Sheppard were attacked by Dress-wearing bikers and were not seen again for most of the episode. Sam, Teyla and Keller had to search the premises for their missing companions, who, it turned out, were being dressed as women in the next room. Desperate, Sam called in a favour from Teal'c, who, with his new wormhole inducing jet packs, zoomed to Atlantis in a flash. (but not a flash gordon type of flash). He found Sam in M.I.D.Way and kicked some Skirty Dude butt! Rodney and John were finally freed, but kept their dresses as a token of the ordeal. John burnt his once they got back to Atlantis, but Rodney still occasionally wears his on dates

ROFLMAO!!!!

I don't know, I think I might like your recap better!! Sounds like a whole bunch of laughter for me, with no angst!!!
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Aww

Spoiler:

Um- I like your version, Bekki. But i think it's kinda AU.

Have a nice weekend APA!

Comment

Aww

Spoiler:

You had me LOLing with this, Bekki! Goodness...I fangirl you too. My fangirl list keeps getting longer!

Comment

Um- I like your version, Bekki. But i think it's kinda AU.

Have a nice weekend APA!
                                AU? No way! I saw it, I swear!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X