Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, I find it interesting that in the final scene that they choose to focus on Sam and Jack holding the flowers...I know Daniel and Teal'c had some too, but there was just something so incredibly cute about the two of them standing there with those flowers in their hands! And Jack holds his almost like a bridal bouquet!

But Sam is still not reconcilled with Maybourne...she may have almost been, until he mentions "wives"...then her whole dander gets up again and you can almost hear Jack think "easy, Carter"....except he just tells her "Go..." and directs her (physically! ) toward the gate so she won't say anything more! Jack, though, has made peace with Harry...you get the sense that the past is forgiven and Harry has earned Jack's grudging respect for doing the right thing.

BTW...does anyone who's seen S9/10 recall if Harry's planet is ever mentioned in regard to the Ori? I know they'd explicitly mentioned several planets which had had major storys related to them in the past...like Kelowna...but I can't recall if Harry's planet was one of the one's cited.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
      Hmmm, Does anyone have Dr Daniel's number? (((Brooke)))

Your arithmatic is flawless Sally

And I'd forgotten about the 'hot' reference in Meobius...brilliant powers of deduction
      Indeed! See why this place is so great? I'd never thought of that connection either...and I even just referred to that scene! We've all got pieces of the puzzle...and together it makes a great picture!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
        You know, I find it interesting that in the final scene that they choose to focus on Sam and Jack holding the flowers...I know Daniel and Teal'c had some too, but there was just something so incredibly cute about the two of them standing there with those flowers in their hands! And Jack holds his almost like a bridal bouquet!

But Sam is still not reconcilled with Maybourne...she may have almost been, until he mentions "wives"...then her whole dander gets up again and you can almost hear Jack think "easy, Carter"....except he just tells her "Go..." and directs her (physically! ) toward the gate so she won't say anything more! Jack, though, has made peace with Harry...you get the sense that the past is forgiven and Harry has earned Jack's grudging respect for doing the right thing.

BTW...does anyone who's seen S9/10 recall if Harry's planet is ever mentioned in regard to the Ori? I know they'd explicitly mentioned several planets which had had major storys related to them in the past...like Kelowna...but I can't recall if Harry's planet was one of the one's cited.
        Yes, and as always I think that in that "Go" And gentle hand she knows exactly what he's saying. She can probably hear the "easy Carter" in her own mind. IMHO opinion though, although yes she didn't seem quite as angry at him, I think she'll always loath Maybourne for the events of PL. I don't think she'll ever get past that, or forgive him.

And you know how we were talking about in Evolution with Burke and his putting out women and how Jack is not like that. That that's something Jack doesn't want out of life. I think we see another glimpse of that here. He gets some amusement from the guys he knows like that but he isn't like that himself and while he thinks it's funny he doesn't understand why or how someone would be happy with that kind of life. And we see it with that little smirk and then that little shake of his head as he steps back through the gate.

Grrr...*decides one Tim Tam a night is not enough for APA*

*begins to devise a new devious strategy*
        sigpic
        Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Indeed! See why this place is so great? I'd never thought of that connection either...and I even just referred to that scene! We've all got pieces of the puzzle...and together it makes a great picture!

Nice pic!

Oh I so love the way he grabs her face....*sweet shippy sigh*
          sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Yes, and as always I think that in that "Go" And gentle hand she knows exactly what he's saying. She can probably hear the "easy Carter" in her own mind. IMHO opinion though, although yes she didn't seem quite as angry at him, I think she'll always loath Maybourne for the events of PL. I don't think she'll ever get past that, or forgive him.

And you know how we were talking about in Evolution with Burke and his putting out women and how Jack is not like that. That that's something Jack doesn't want out of life. I think we see another glimpse of that here. He gets some amusement from the guys he knows like that but he isn't like that himself and while he thinks it's funny he doesn't understand why or how someone would be happy with that kind of life. And we see it with that little smirk and then that little shake of his head as he steps back through the gate.

Grrr...*decides one Tim Tam a night is not enough for APA*

*begins to devise a new devious strategy*
            Good catch on that final chuckle and smirk...I was trying to fit that in to last night's discussion as well, and I think you've pegged it.

I'm sorry...I'm a recalcitrant Post Season 8-er......try as I might to forget them, 9 and 10 just keep popping back into my fron...

But I do enjoy my Tim Tam therapy!
            sigpic

Comment

Nice pic!

Oh I so love the way he grabs her face....*sweet shippy sigh*
              Well...if the hand touch repeated itself, who's to say something like this scene didn't repeat itself as well...just maybe in a different location *cough*cabin*cough*.

I'm just sayin'...
              sigpic

Comment

Well...if the hand touch repeated itself, who's to say something like this scene didn't repeat itself as well...just maybe in a different location *cough*cabin*cough*.

I'm just sayin'...
                *cough*storage closet*cough*
                sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Oh it's warm in here.

Why do I suddenly feel the need to see this.....?

thanks Mala
                  sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Citizen Joe is on the same disc as IGtbK...had to watch the beginning and end scenes of that too...love the intimate phone convo...and the "feelings for..."/"Pete Shanahan situation" remarks...LOL!

Oh...and look! Reckoning....!

No. Must. Stop. Gotta head for bed, Shippers. It's been another fun night hanging out with you all...!

Later, Mara!

EDIT: Oh sure...make THAT the last picture in my head tonight!
                    sigpic

Comment

Citizen Joe is on the same disc as IGtbK...had to watch the beginning and end scenes of that too...love the intimate phone convo...and the "feelings for..."/"Pete Shanahan situation" remarks...LOL!

Oh...and look! Reckoning....!

No. Must. Stop. Gotta head for bed, Shippers. It's been another fun night hanging out with you all...!

Later, Mara!

EDIT: Oh sure...make THAT the last picture in my head tonight!
                      LOL!

Night APA, thanks for the chat and I'll catch up with you later
                      sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

I'm still catching up...and I'm determined to be completely caught up before I go to bed tonight (this morning)...so quit talking!

Just kidding! I'll get there.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I've started a new thread: 500 Looks Between Jack & Sam.

We all know RDA & AT can say more with their eyes than most actors can say in a page of dialogue...so this thread is the chance to showcase it! If you want to play, go to: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...40#post7597240

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
                          Dropping off a pic I just made... Hope you like!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/BrenRen1/ISeeLoveTh.jpg
                          Click to enlarge...
                          Pretty! Thanks, BrenRen! I wanted to GREEN you, but I'm locked out of the fridge again.

In fact, I've tried to green several people tonight, but that darn fridge won't open!!!

Comment

First to say...internet is almost looking like a dial up thingie atm...can't see any pictures...so if you post any and I didn't say anything 'bout it...it's because I can't see them atm*is frustrated*

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                            Could be the age difference shown between the two shows. As a handsome man ages people expect him to have had settle down and have a lovely wife waiting for him at home but when they are young gorgeous, females pray that he is single and available. Get my drift! IMO I think RDA is better looking now then when he was younger but I was always a sucker for silver haired man. (which is funny since my husband doesn't have a gray hair in his head)
                            I was thinking the same. It's especially the age difference...and maybe also the thing that RDA has to play...maybe in SG1 he isn't that much of a bachelor then in Mcgyver...but I can't really say that since I've never seen Mcgyver...

But what you say it's the age difference

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
                            You know, I completely forget about my avatar most of the time. Bad news for Bekki. Because I WILL NOT FALL!!!!

ROFL! I still find it funny...in a creepy way... *prefers some S/J or Just Sam, Jack avatars*

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                            I logged in and started the catch up marathon at 11pm, read oooh, about 3 posts....and got stuck on this one!

But in a good way

I just had to disappear and write this It started out all fluffy and was gonna be loaded with kisses and wrenches but......alas, the angst monster came out from hiding

So now I'm going to bed since it's 3am (it took me ages to load to ff.net for some reason) and I'll catch up tomorrow!

Happy Shipping
                            YAY fic*waits till it loads...*

Originally posted by Aurora1101 View Post
                            The Shipper House, I like that hmm...I still think I'm leaning towards the gutter. However, depending on my mood, I enjoy a little angst or fluff, sometimes both. So it's nice to know i don't have to dwell in one place too long
                            Yup the shipper house is fun. B, another shipper drew it completly...she does have it posted somewhere...I could ask her later today(if I speak to her) if she can post it again!

Or you could be like Jann, who is so far in and for so long that she no longer comprehends the purpose of the life preserver and simply lets it float by.
                            Life...what????

Gutter is so much fun...why would you ever go out...I don't understand that

Purpose of life*thinks deeply* ...got nothing...

Originally posted by Aurora1101 View Post
                            LOL! I have a feeling I'll be joining Jann in that part of the gutter soon then
                            WOOHOO.

And gotta go again...really really late today...but then again I went downstairs since that computer still has a little bit of internet(I'm addicted I know)
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
                              ROFLM*Guttery*AO!!!

I was already reading that as mini-me, and you had to go there... Man, I'm so deep in the Gutter, I'll never get out--not that I'm complaining, mind you, but what a way to start the day!
                              I knew you'd like it.

Dude... I came in hoping to catch up, but there were another 10 pages. I just couldn't do it, so I skipped. Now I'm caught up for tomorrow, which is better than nothing!
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh...and btw, for those of you following the SGA summaries...this is a tad OT, but with regards to last Friday's ep...

Oh...and please...please note...

Spoiler:
                                The Carter/Zelenka thing was a pairing...not a ship...so please let's not go there!
                                Actually, I was about to bring that up after seeing the ep...
                                Spoiler:
                                I think Carter/Zelenka is HOT!!!

After all the negativity, I'm leaving! I have found myself a better Ship...
                                *Goes to start a new thread*

(All with a bit of , of course)

Oh it's warm in here.

Why do I suddenly feel the need to see this.....?

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...ecBlbymala.jpg
                                thanks Mala
                                Well, certainly not to cool off, me thinks...

Oh and I don't know if I said this before, but

Welcome to the thread, jumble65!!!
                                Hope you keep hanging around and have fun posting!
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X