X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
    I'd green you for that if I had any...

Sciffy Alert: SG1 marathon on today...Season 7, if anyone's interested!
    Not anymore. I think I haven't watched an SG-1 episode in the last 6 months - the fact TPTB haven't resolved the ship made me lose interest in the previous seasons too - I might try to watch LC later...
    Right now I'm half surfing half watching AOT counting Sam/Cam scenes/tocuhes vs. Sam/Other and Landry's screen-time - trying to predict what Jack's screen-time will be for Continuum. Also Adria's screen-time.
    Ta, Ta...

Comment

Originally posted by VastlySuperiorStuff View Post
      After that long-winded post of mine I just have one more thing to say:

Can we just have a real, non-viral, non-AU/AT, non-timeloop, non-hallucinatory, no-we're-just-friends
      KISS
      (Between Sam and Jack)

For Cryin' out loud?

Is that too much to ask?
      Oh yeah, that message should be send to TPTB.

And change in timeline after Continuum:
      Spoiler:
      I don't think it's Teal'c because the movies are before SGA S4? right? and in one of the first episode you see Teal'c and he still has that line in his hair so I don't think that is changed, I am curious what will change.

Also now someone said it, there is indeed no picture of Cam on her desk in SGA. So then I'm thinking why not? I mean it wouldnt be a problem to put up a picture of him as well...or Vala...because in S10/S9 TPTB wanted us to see(atleast I got that feeling) that they are all good friends. but not on the desk, so that does mean that the people on the pictures there are all very very important to her. Another squee for the fishing picture.

And last but not least, I don't think that TPTB will ruin our thoughts of S/J together. They will keep us on the same level of information we have now, or they will give us resolution, but I don't think they will ship Sam or jack in Continuum/SGA with someone else...

Now gonna watch point of view...squee

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I played a little bit with two Jack pictures of S2...so made a new sig
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post

Spoiler:
        I don't think it's Teal'c because the movies are before SGA S4? right? and in one of the first episode you see Teal'c and he still has that line in his hair so I don't think that is changed, I am curious what will change.

Also now someone said it, there is indeed no picture of Cam on her desk in SGA. So then I'm thinking why not? I mean it wouldnt be a problem to put up a picture of him as well...or Vala...because in S10/S9 TPTB wanted us to see(atleast I got that feeling) that they are all good friends. but not on the desk, so that does mean that the people on the pictures there are all very very important to her. Another squee for the fishing picture.

And last but not least, I don't think that TPTB will ruin our thoughts of S/J together. They will keep us on the same level of information we have now, or they will give us resolution, but I don't think they will ship Sam or jack in Continuum/SGA with someone else...

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I played a little bit with two Jack pictures of S2...so made a new sig
        I don't think...

Spoiler:
        TPTB will sink our ship either. They have too much of a fan base in us to make us angry like that. Would I still watch SG(new ones) if they told us flat out that they're not together? I think I would have a hard (VERY hard) time seeing Sam and knowing her and Jack weren't together. I just couldn't deal with it. My shippy heart (it's filled with mostly fluff, I swear!) would be broken. Ahh...so I don't think they will dash our hopes. I think they will keep stringing us along, and who knows...maybe it will be a wedding pic that will be the 'slight' difference. Anywho...

Oh, yes and JANN...love your new sig...YUM!

Comment

Originally posted by silkie View Post
          Have you seen AOT? 'Cause Tomin
          Spoiler:
          leaves at the end
          so I guess DV shippers are as upset as we were with Pete...
          Not anymore. I think I haven't watched an SG-1 episode in the last 6 months - the fact TPTB haven't resolved the ship made me lose interest in the previous seasons too - I might try to watch LC later...
          Right now I'm half surfing half watching AOT counting Sam/Cam scenes/tocuhes vs. Sam/Other and Landry's screen-time - trying to predict what Jack's screen-time will be for Continuum. Also Adria's screen-time.
          Ta, Ta...
          And now the results - nothing overly spoilerish for AOT
          Spoiler:

Adria - 4 minutes 22 seconds less than 5 minutes OMG!
          Landry -11 minutes 16 seconds
          Sam doesn't interact at all with anyone other than Cam - they're paired constantly throughout the movie (to be fair she asks a question to Tomin and addresses Landry once and has a couple of scenes with a tech)
          Where are Sam/Daniel, Sam/Teal'c or Sam/Vala scenes?
          Sam/Cam together scenes - 20! OMG
          Sam/Cam touches 2
          Sam/Cam kiss 1
          And yes there's shippy/sappy music when Sam kisses Cam and of course it's not SJ theme 'cause that's reserved for angsty scenes and this isn't the case...

So Jack will probably be in less than 10 minutes in Continuum - My bet 8 minutes - Yours?

Don't get me wrong I don't think we'll see a Sam/Cam happily ever after anytime soon, but TPTB introduced this to keep their options open...

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
            I don't think...

Spoiler:
            TPTB will sink our ship either. They have too much of a fan base in us to make us angry like that. Would I still watch SG(new ones) if they told us flat out that they're not together? I think I would have a hard (VERY hard) time seeing Sam and knowing her and Jack weren't together. I just couldn't deal with it. My shippy heart (it's filled with mostly fluff, I swear!) would be broken. Ahh...so I don't think they will dash our hopes. I think they will keep stringing us along, and who knows...maybe it will be a wedding pic that will be the 'slight' difference. Anywho...

Well, if AT doesn't sign on for SGA Season 5, it'll be a lot harder to keep stringing us along, won't it?

Comment

And now the results - nothing overly spoilerish for AOT
              Spoiler:

Adria - 4 minutes 22 seconds less than 5 minutes OMG!
              Landry -11 minutes 16 seconds
              Sam doesn't interact at all with anyone other than Cam - they're paired constantly throughout the movie (to be fair she asks a question to Tomin and addresses Landry once and has a couple of scenes with a tech)
              Where are Sam/Daniel, Sam/Teal'c or Sam/Vala scenes?
              Sam/Cam together scenes - 20! OMG
              Sam/Cam touches 2
              Sam/Cam kiss 1
              And yes there's shippy/sappy music when Sam kisses Cam and of course it's not SJ theme 'cause that's reserved for angsty scenes and this isn't the case...

So Jack will probably be in less than 10 minutes in Continuum - My bet 8 minutes - Yours?

Don't get me wrong I don't think we'll see a Sam/Cam happily ever after anytime soon, but TPTB introduced this to keep their options open...
              I'm sorry, but to quote President Henry Hayes..."Never gonna happen...."
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                [SPOILERS]

It's not the positive outlook Mara...it's that lovely complexion you got from WA!!! :

(((ShipFamily)))[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER][/B]
                LOL! Yes well, lets hope my complexion doesn't decide to peel

spoilered for size
                Spoiler:
                It is. And that's the point, Karibou. Cooper has been wanting to do something like this from day 1 of season 9. This whole Sam/Cam thing reminds me of that Martouf near-kiss in The Ripple Effect. It is exactly the same thing- designed to stir up buzz about what's going on with Sam and Jack. My impression has been that Cooper is not a big S/J shipper, or that he even cares much for RDA. This is all about generating buzz and- hey it's working, isn't it?

In my wildest hopes I think they shot this scene to get the whole S/J thing back on the radar screen for the non-shippers. To surprise us all in Continuum. A shipper can dream, right?

<snip for space>

If the music sounds like you say, then that'll really tick me off. On the other hand, I still think they're jerking our chains. for the reasons I mentioned above.

I agree with that. But how can you ship someone who's in a movie every two years? Remember that, people. We will not be subjected to any more of this since no one has EVER mentioned Cam in conjunction with Atlantis. He's got zip to do with that, whereas O'Neill does. At least, theoretically. And historically. And off-screen when he comes to see Sam.

There is the frightening possibility that
                Spoiler:
                Continuum has some kind of weird AU ship thing going on, but I really don't think they'd go there, there's not enough screen time for that and all the pretty machines and the Arctic scenery.[/I]

And, at the start of SGA season 4, we have nice Jack pictures and no Cam pictures. Hold that thought. I am.

I bet I know who it was and what was said
                Spoiler:
                because the same actor said it in the DVD extras for season 4. That was 7 years ago, ses110! And the same actor just last week gave an interview with scifi that shows she's changed her mind on the whole ship thing. Besides, what the actors think/want are not that important- it's what TPTB want that counts, unless the actors flat out refuse, and why would they? That same actor played out the ship for 5 more years after making those comments, didn't they?

Yeah, but the music part stinks, if it's the way Karibou says. Which means the whole point of the scene is to confuse people about Sam and Jack, and I think that's sad. The Sam/Cam ship can't sail, so to frame it as a romantic kiss is manipulative of all the shippers, IMHO. But it's Cooper- I think I'm repeating myself, here........

JM said
                Spoiler:
                Not to get too attached to it at the beginning of the season.

Less every day, IMHO. But on this topic, I believe him because he's been consistent about the lack of Cam/Sam ship from the very beginning.

That part in bold is about the best summary of the ship problem that I have ever seen. The fact that the show went on without seeing Jack and Sam together left everything up in the air. The show was supposed to end, and didn't, and the new showrunners kept the ship alive but ambiguous so they didn't have to actually deal with it yet could always say it was still sailing, since it was such a big piece of SG-1. And of course, could resurrect it in a big way if it became convenient, which is where it remains to this day.

Yeah, me too. But after what JM said
                Spoiler:
                about there not being any emotional scenes between Sam and Jack, I am just hoping for better hints than what we have so far. That is why something like a photo makes sense.

It really is pretty disappointing, and after
                Spoiler:
                TAoT thing
                I won't be a happy camper if nothing pans out in Continuum. People do get tired of this teaser-type stuff and it does sour me on the whole franchise because I think, at this point, it turns off more fans than keeps them on the edge of their seat wondering whatever happened to Sam and Jack. Fooling around with the Sam/Jack ship was for season 7 and 8, not now. It's just getting kinda old.
                As for what JM said
                Spoiler:
                I'm trying not to take this negatively. I actually think of an 'emotional' scene being an angsty type scene, and perhaps that's what JM was thinking of when he said "No". So to me JM is just saying there's no sad, teary scenes between them....that doesn't mean we won't get happy shippy scenes I Hope X14

Well I admit that I'll be bitterly disappointed if we don't get anything from Continuum. And as for SGA, if the ship family doesn't report ship (hints or blatant) in S5, I won't be watching.

It's not that SG-1 is all about the ship for me, it's just that it was an important part of the overall story. And I was so monumentally upset with Seasons - OW - you know the ones, that the show ended for me at Jack's cabin, so now all I have left is Sam in SGA and the ship.

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post

Spoiler:

Great sig as always Jann.

A few people have mentioned the lack of Vala and *cough*Mitchell*cough* pics in Sam's office. This is my theory. All the pics she has are of her family members. There's her dad, CAssie, who is basically her daughter now and Teal'c and Daniel are more like family to her than just friends, and of courser her husband Seriously though I really do believe that's the explanation.

Sam likes Vala and Cam, they're her good friends, but they're not her family in the way the original members of SG-1 are

Just MHO.
                sigpic
                Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Well, if AT doesn't sign on for SGA Season 5, it'll be a lot harder to keep stringing us along, won't it?
                  Yes, well...my optimistic side is taking over...sorry.

Comment

What a joke.
                    Spoiler:
                    Sam and Cam will also be attached at the hip in Continuum. TPTB can shove it!

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
                      What a joke.
                      Spoiler:
                      Sam and Cam will also be attached at the hip in Continuum. TPTB can shove it!
                      I hope that since Daniel is with them and it's BW's movie the Sam/Cam on-screen pairing (not necessarily ship implied) will be toned down...

Comment

AT not signing up for Season 5. Yeah right like that will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
                          LOL! Yes well, lets hope my complexion doesn't decide to peel

As for what JM said
                          Spoiler:
                          I'm trying not to take this negatively. I actually think of an 'emotional' scene being an angsty type scene, and perhaps that's what JM was thinking of when he said "No". So to me JM is just saying there's no sad, teary scenes between them....that doesn't mean we won't get happy shippy scenes I Hope X14

Well I admit that I'll be bitterly disappointed if we don't get anything from Continuum. And as for SGA, if the ship family doesn't report ship (hints or blatant) in S5, I won't be watching.

It's not that SG-1 is all about the ship for me, it's just that it was an important part of the overall story. And I was so monumentally upset with Seasons - OW - you know the ones, that the show ended for me at Jack's cabin, so now all I have left is Sam in SGA and the ship.

Great sig as always Jann.

A few people have mentioned the lack of Vala and *cough*Mitchell*cough* pics in Sam's office. This is my theory. All the pics she has are of her family members. There's her dad, CAssie, who is basically her daughter now and Teal'c and Daniel are more like family to her than just friends, and of courser her husband Seriously though I really do believe that's the explanation.

Sam likes Vala and Cam, they're her good friends, but they're not her family in the way the original members of SG-1 are

Just MHO.
                          I most heartily agree: family. And also: the only picture of Sam WITH someone is the one with Jack. That, and the fact that the picture is of them fishing--which is the code word for them being together--is pretty darn clear in my book. Don't even need to be able to read Ancient to translate that.
                          sigpic

Comment

I hear
                            Spoiler:
                            Daniel is going to be going his seperate way leaving Sam and Cam on there own. That F Baal could not take Cammie too?

Comment

Hi APA, Hi Brooke *hugs*

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                              I don't think...

Spoiler:

I have to agree Brooke, I wouldn't be able to watch it any more either. NOt coz it's all about the ship (my first love is the show itself - all 8 years ) But because they will have ruined a wonderful story and made the previous 8 years pointless and the characters pathetic. That IMHO smack more of Soap Opera to me - where people fall in and out of love with each other every 5 minutes.

Still I am pretty certain that TPTB are operating under the idea that S/J are actually together. Once again I refer to the Photo
                              sigpic
                              Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Just saw Point of View*d'oh*
                                Still love that episode...but some things do make me wonder about that one...and earlier on TBFTGOG. Sam is wearing a ring in there...if we assume she is now married to Jack, why doesn't she wear it now? there is no difference in it then, atleast I think, Hammond is also wearing his ring, so it isn't forbidden I think. Just makes me wonder why...

Also in the end when Samantha and Jack kiss*insert little squee* not only Sam(ours) is watching, poor thing btw, but also Hammond, so that makes me thinking, if he has seen that, he should know what Jack feels about Sam, and I also think he can make up from the other Sam, that our Sam maybe also feels the same...and that there is a chance that it will be more later on...I think as a commander he should have seen them, and have atleast a conversation with Jack about it, I mean if it's really against regs and all...and they are afraid that the team won't function very well anymore if two persons in it have 'inappropriate' feelings for each other...he should have done something about it...atleast I think so IMHO.

Another thing makes me wonder, the both Sams made the reactor Jack build in the episode 'The Fifth Race' work again, so why don't they use it later on to dial other 8 chevron addresses...as example in later seasons, Atlantis. If it works they only need to change the power source after everytime they use it...

One last thing, if the Asgard could revive Hammond, could they do the same with lots of other people that died during that attack on earth? It would be good for that Samantha...atleast S/J could make cute little S/J kids in that reality then...

ack...what am I wondering about another reality, like Teal'c says: "Ours is the only reality of consequence"

I just have to post this one along with this:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X