This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    Yes, It's just so easy to ship Sam of with everybody, because Sam has a good friendly relationship with all of them. (I blame AT for all the 'other' ships... She's just too nice a person... )

Now with Jack, that's another story.
    Sam and Jack really do equal HOT. There's no 'friendly relationship', there's a ''If it wasn't for the regs I would eat you up alive or at least throw you on this desk, but hey, better luck after season 8 and BTW, everyone's watching us now anyway'' - kind of relationship...

And there's fluff as well
    heh,wow.....Well couldn't have said it better myself!!!

Sam + Jack = Supernova!!
    sigpic

Comment

First Nad gotta agree with ya that AT is to nice... But then again I don't mind...makes the ship cuter

Plus I just finished S1 Woohoo...did it in 4 days I'm nutz watching 21 episodes in that short period of time
      But gotta say...Skaara is hot ...so not fair he has to die in S6...but not there yet...so happily moving on...since apparently there is still one part of the season finale(new Season begin) I have to watch...forgot it's not a 3 parter but the only 4 parter of the series
      But I get to see some hot people, so I don't complain.
      Oh and *happy dance* I have whole S1 now capped*huggles it*

*pops out again to go further with her addiction...and finding/seeing/squeeing (for the) ship*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
        I was listening to The Plain White T's and i thought that the song Hey There Delilha would be a good Sam and Jack song now that Sam is in Atlanits.

Spoiler:
        Hey there Delilah
        What's it like in New York City?
        I'm a thousand miles away
        But girl, tonight you look so pretty
        Yes you do
        Times Square can't shine as bright as you
        I swear it's true

Hey there Delilah
        Don't you worry about the distance
        I'm right there if you get lonely
        Give this song another listen
        Close your eyes
        Listen to my voice, it's my disguise
        I'm by your side

Oh it's what you do to me
        What you do to me

Hey there Delilah
        I know times are getting hard
        But just believe me, girl
        Someday I'll pay the bills with this guitar
        We'll have it good
        We'll have the life we knew we would
        My word is good

Hey there Delilah
        I've got so much left to say
        If every simple song I wrote to you
        Would take your breath away
        I'd write it all
        Even more in love with me you'd fall
        We'd have it all

A thousand miles seems pretty far
        But they've got planes and trains and cars
        I'd walk to you if I had no other way
        Our friends would all make fun of us
        and we'll just laugh along because we know
        That none of them have felt this way
        Delilah I can promise you
        That by the time we get through
        The world will never ever be the same
        And you're to blame

Hey there Delilah
        You be good and don't you miss me
        Two more years and you'll be done with school
        And I'll be making history like I do
        You'll know it's all because of you
        We can do whatever we want to
        Hey there Delilah here's to you
        This one's for you

What you do to me.
        I thought that too, and I'm an old lady. In fact, so old that the song that I think of is by Journey, "Faithfully" But you have to hear his voice- I swear it's just breaking- click on on itunes and you'll see- aggghhh- the angst of those old rocker ballads:

Spoiler:
        Highway run into the midnight sun
        Wheels go round and round
        You're on my mind
        Restless hearts sleep alone tonight
        Sending all my love along the wire
        They say that the road
        ain't no place to start a family
        Right down the line it's been you and me
        And loving a music man
        ain't always what it's supposed to be

Girl
        you stand by me
        I'm forever yours
        faithfully
        Circus life under the big top world
        We all need the clowns to make us laugh
        Through space and time
        Always another show
        Wodering where I am lost without you
        And being a part ain't easy on this love affair
        Two strangers learn to fall in love again
        I get the joy of rediscovering you

Oh girl
        you stand by me
        I'm forever yours
        faithfully
        Oh ....
        faithfully
        I'm still yours
        I'm forever yours
        Ever yours
        faithfully

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
        Wow. I come back and ya'll are discussing one of my absolute favorite moments - and the incident that made me a confirmed shipper.

Not surprised, though

As many of you know, though I can't help repeating right now, it was ironically the whole Kerry/Sam/Pete/Jack relationship(s) in Threads that made me a shipper. TPTB had this whole cliche tv ship scenario going on, and at the last moment, when I was SURE that after Sam realized she was wrong to be with Pete, Kerry - who was never more than an attempt to get over Sam for Jack - would be the NEXT plot device to keep Sam and Jack apart through the kind of misunderstanding and bizarre teenage behavior used by TV TPTB all the time to keep ships going on indefinitely. And so, when they allowed Sam and Jack to act like rational mature human beings, I fell in love not only with the ship but with the show (I'd just been what I'd call a regular viewer before then).

So, for those of you new around here since I was last regular, there's my story in a nut shell

EDIT: It's rather nice not having been around for awhile - there may actually be folks here who haven't heard me say that before
        That's how I felt, as well. However they let them act like rational mature human beings for half an hour, then TBTB went back to business as usual for two more years.

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
        I think the one thing I would change (I'd like more options but the show would definitely be R rated!!) would be Jack's reaction to Sam when she woke up in the Grace episode. He could even say "Excuse me" but in a different tone of voice and I think everything would have been different.
        Very few things Jack does annoy me but this response seemed petulant, especially considering the circumstances.
        My response is petulant?

Originally posted by Meriwyn View Post
        Sam and Cam remind me more of a brother and sister, or two best friends, that sort of thing. I think they just "get" each other, because they're both the same rank (at the time of Season 10) and they've probably been through alot of the same military experiences. They almost have an unspoken "yeah I've been there" sort of thing.

I don't get romantic vibes from them whatsoever.
        JM buried the Sam/Cam ship at the bottom of Davey Jones' locker.

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
        First Nad gotta agree with ya that AT is to nice... But then again I don't mind...makes the ship cuter

Plus I just finished S1 Woohoo...did it in 4 days I'm nutz watching 21 episodes in that short period of time
        But gotta say...Skaara is hot ...so not fair he has to die in S6...but not there yet...so happily moving on...since apparently there is still one part of the season finale(new Season begin) I have to watch...forgot it's not a 3 parter but the only 4 parter of the series
        But I get to see some hot people, so I don't complain.

*pops out again to go further with her addiction...and finding/seeing/squeeing (for the) ship*
        You sound just like me six months ago. I lost weight watching TV practically around the clock. Seriously. That's an addiction.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          Yes, It's just so easy to ship Sam of with everybody, because Sam has a good friendly relationship with all of them. (I blame AT for all the 'other' ships... She's just too nice a person... )

Now with Jack, that's another story.
          Sam and Jack really do equal HOT. There's no 'friendly relationship', there's a ''If it wasn't for the regs I would eat you up alive or at least throw you on this desk, but hey, better luck after season 8 and BTW, everyone's watching us now anyway'' - kind of relationship...

And there's fluff as well
          Yes...I like our ship best, better than best! The 'throw you on the desk' kind of ship...I freaking swear, our ship is hot...and it's sailed. So married!

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
            Hmm... "Telescope", huh? Well, since y'all asked so nicely... I'll have a go at it...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63...Telescope2.jpg
            One night while looking at the stars, Jack got a bright idea...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63...sTelescope.jpg
            But try as he might, he just couldn't quite line up the telescope to see her...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63...1/BigScope.jpg
            He decided to try a bigger instrument, 'cause you know, bigger is better!

And what did he find when he was finally able to zoom in on his favorite star in the whole galaxy?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63.../SamsScope.jpg
            She was having the same bright idea!

Ok, not so guttery... what can I say, it was a lonnnngggg drive home today!
            I like it anyway!! Nice and fluffy!!

Originally posted by hbt123 View Post
            *nods* Exactly.

Gee Sally, you have a little house set up in the gutter, don't you?
            yes she does and she even has the mortgage paid off on it.....

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
            I'm loving the discussions going on, but I don't have time to splash in the gutter!

OT:
            Spoiler:
            I just had my second day at my new job... it's intense! Yesterday was orientation and a Whakatau (an official welcome with the existing employees singing at us and giving speeches in Maori, Samoan and English ). Today was the first day of training... woah. After 2 weeks of intense training, 2 weeks of coaching and then another 3 months of being a noob with ongoing assessments, I will be a fully trained quitline adviser and help people with their efforts to quit smoking permanently. We spent some time on the floor observing the phone calls and chatting to the quitline advisers (my twin sister is in the 3 month noob stage).

I'm so tired. I think I'm going to love working here... everyone is awesome! And the training isn't just manuals and power point presentations either, it rocks! When we split into teams for exercises it does get a bit competitive (read: violent) though I have a skinned elbow, a deep scratch up the other arm from a table corner and carpet burn on my knees. I also seem to have pulled something in my back when I slammed into a wall as my body was twisting (we had to race across the room to hit a metal buzzer, which we broke). I think my team won that one... I hope we did.

It's awesome having a proper adult job

And not really on topic here, but I have to share it with the family! Along with Spacegirlnz and my twin sister, I managed to get one of the last 3 tickets to have dinner with Teryl in April! Only 8 tickets were available so it will be cozy We are waiting to hear if Amanda_Tapping_Fan managed to get her booking in on time
            WOOHOO!!!!!! WTG eileen!!!!!! (((((((eileen)))))))

Originally posted by starlover1990;753724 ROFLMAO. I absolutly LOVE this post!
            Indeed, I don't see any ship between those two either...can't they be friends? I mean I have the feeling if I see those two together that they have been on school together...or the acedemy...something like that...but otherwise then that...No. Let's ship Sam/Teal'c and Sam/Hammond, Sam/Daniel oh wait or Sam/Siler Sam/Walter...etc...then too...
            oh wait...or even Sam/Thor...come on...I don't have any problems with those scenes...if [I
            that[/I] is ship, oh then I'm having lots of relationships with boys

So, I'm not worrying, and totally agree with your sarcasm.

Originally posted by Patriot_Jackie View Post
            Oh, yes! That proves it! Lemme tell ya', you've proven it to us all! There ain't NOTHIN' between Sam and Jack because *GASP* he pulled rank! While they were both in vulnerable positions while *dun dun DUN!!* on base! The looks and glances, the fretting and worrying, the YES flirting, Solitudes, 100 Days, Affinity, Point of View, Window of Opportunity, Grace, Moebius, aka the KISSES, Janet's "Is this a problem?", Jack's guarded "I wouldn't be here," - all of it and more doesn't lead or mean a thing in terms of romantic feelings for each other on the parts of Sam and Jack.

All because he pulled rank when she woke up and Cam didn't.

I see the light! I really do! Thank you for revealing it to us all! We'll all promptly stop shipping now and obviously contorting the events of the show.

[/sarcasm]

You really should seek out a different way to find attention.
            ROFL!!!!!! GREEN for that one!!!!

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post

But gotta say...Skaara is hot...so not fair he has to die in S6...but not there yet...so happily moving on...since apparently there is still one part of the season finale(new Season begin) I have to watch...forgot it's not a 3 parter but the only 4 parter of the series
            But I get to see some hot people, so I don't complain

hmmmm....perhaps we can beam AC (played skarra) over to you eh Jann...and have him and shep duke it out over you....

Comment

Hi everyone, long time no see. MIssed you all, but RL has been hectic lately. Just wanted to stop by and say I still think about ya'll and haven't stopped shipping. Glad to see so many familiar faces - especially that LJ is back - *waves frantically*

Anyhoo.... Having watched the first half of SGA S4 (spoilers for general opinions):
              Spoiler:
              I must say I haven't seen a darn thing which contradicts my view point. Still think we're seeing the New and Improved confident and satisfied Sam, love her in command, and haven't seen a hint of 'ship' ship with her and anyone else - though I think they're doing a great job of developing her relationships on SGA....

Probably enough for now. Ya'll take care, and I'm glad I had a chance to come by and say 'Hi.' Hi!
              *pounces and huggles Jenn*

WELCOME BACK JENN!!!!!

you can also join us in YIM chat....

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                *pounces and huggles Jenn*

WELCOME BACK JENN!!!!!

you can also join us in YIM chat....
                Incidentally, we're in YIM chat...where are you??

Comment

Originally posted by silkie View Post
                  Does any other shipper here like House?
                  What do you think of this comparison personality-wise?
                  House - Jack
                  Cameron - Sam
                  Chase - Cam
                  I love House. If I answer this are you going to jump all over me when my opinion differs from yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
                    I love House. If I answer this are you going to jump all over me when my opinion differs from yours?
                    I love House too and answered in the thread he just made, so I wasn't being off-topic, would love to hear(read) what you think...

SG1/House

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by silkie View Post
                      Does any other shipper here like House?
                      What do you think of this comparison personality-wise?
                      House - Jack
                      Cameron - Sam
                      Chase - Cam
                      i love house.
                      it's a bit of a shame that hugh laurie has an american accent. british actors manage to make it in the US only for them to have to use an american accent.. it seems like a waste.
                      but yeah i agree with the personality bit.
                      sorry for the OT
                      sigpic
                      http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                      http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

LOL Thanks, guys! Glad you enjoyed my sarcastic response! I don't like to feed trolls, but we were all thinkin' it!
                        sigpic

You ended that sentence with a preposition! You *******!!

Comment

Originally posted by Meriwyn View Post
                          Sam and Cam remind me more of a brother and sister, or two best friends, that sort of thing. I think they just "get" each other, because they're both the same rank (at the time of Season 10) and they've probably been through alot of the same military experiences. They almost have an unspoken "yeah I've been there" sort of thing.

I don't get romantic vibes from them whatsoever.
                          No IMHO Sam and Cam, Sam and Teal'c are and will always be just good friends, Sam and Cam just seem sometimes to have a 'freer' relationship b/c they are the same rank and neither one has to be subordinate to the other. Where as Sam always had to tread a very careful line with Jack b/c he was her CO. But Jack and Sam are made for each other and are SOOO MARRIED!

I saw BAMSR tonight and...

Spoilers for BAMSR...

Spoiler:

I had a little squeeee when Sam said "Lets move out" it was so Jack-like

Just saying....

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by VastlySuperiorStuff View Post
                            That's how I felt, as well. However they let them act like rational mature human beings for half an hour, then TBTB went back to business as usual for two more years.
                            Now, see, I'm of the opinion that they've been together since Threads, but we haven't seen it onscreen. I also believe our not having seen it onscreen is the reason TPTB have 'gotten away with it' behind the Network Executives and the 'real' TPTBs backs.. so to speak. There's this need in television to 'mess with' ships - whenever characters seem to be moving towards each other, you can start taking bets on how long it will be till something happens to totally mess em up -- surprise secret weddings and other spouses, deaths or bizarre diseases, strange statuetes or will clauses no lawyer could even imagine.... So by allowing the ship to fade into the background after the seeming naturallness and togetherness of Threads, in effect, they allowed those of us who believed in it to keep our belief that Threads was the beginning of their real relationship, and that the story telling and avoided all the melodrama which would have otherwise occured in the next two years. I really believe enough of TPTB are S/J shippers that they WANTED to get them together, wanted us to see and believe that with Threads, but have had to tread lightly due to the rules of the medium in which they work.

But that's just me, I know many don't have as much belief in TPTB as I do.

BTW, and pretty completely OT, I wasn't here when SGA started airing this year, but is anyone else convinced the reason for the uniform change was to show off the cleavage of their two new female regulars better? Notice Teyla seems to be wearing the uniform a lot more now? Around here, it causes my hubs and I no end of laughter pondering the Network Memo directive that we imagine is behind that....

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                              No IMHO Sam and Cam, Sam and Teal'c are and will always be just good friends, Sam and Cam just seem sometimes to have a 'freer' relationship b/c they are the same rank and neither one has to be subordinate to the other. Where as Sam always had to tread a very careful line with Jack b/c he was her CO. But Jack and Sam are made for each other and are SOOO MARRIED!

I saw BAMSR tonight and...

Spoilers for BAMSR...

Spoiler:

I had a little squeeee when Sam said "Lets move out" it was so Jack-like

Just saying....

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              I noticed that too Julia, it was so cute. You know how couples pick up on each other's phrases....

Now, see, I'm of the opinion that they've been together since Threads, but we haven't seen it onscreen. I also believe our not having seen it onscreen is the reason TPTB have 'gotten away with it' behind the Network Executives and the 'real' TPTBs backs.. so to speak. There's this need in television to 'mess with' ships - whenever characters seem to be moving towards each other, you can start taking bets on how long it will be till something happens to totally mess em up -- surprise secret weddings and other spouses, deaths or bizarre diseases, strange statuetes or will clauses no lawyer could even imagine.... So by allowing the ship to fade into the background after the seeming naturallness and togetherness of Threads, in effect, they allowed those of us who believed in it to keep our belief that Threads was the beginning of their real relationship, and that the story telling and avoided all the melodrama which would have otherwise occured in the next two years. I really believe enough of TPTB are S/J shippers that they WANTED to get them together, wanted us to see and believe that with Threads, but have had to tread lightly due to the rules of the medium in which they work.

But that's just me, I know many don't have as much belief in TPTB as I do.

BTW, and pretty completely OT, I wasn't here when SGA started airing this year, but is anyone else convinced the reason for the uniform change was to show off the cleavage of their two new female regulars better? Notice Teyla seems to be wearing the uniform a lot more now? Around here, it causes my hubs and I no end of laughter pondering the Network Memo directive that we imagine is behind that....
                              I totally agree with you Jenn. I actually believe Sam and Jack are together, and we will see conformation in Continuum. But if we do see conformation it won't be big or eye-catching, that's just not what the whole relationship has been about. It'll be little things like the picture of J in S's office in SGA and shoulder touching in The Shroud. I still have faith in TPTB, especially since Martin Wood directed Continuum and he's always given the shippers what we want.

I feel like I'm repeating myself here, sorry if I am!

In such a fluffy (slightly guttery thanks to YIM chat) mood tonight so wanted to post this up. It's just SO CUTE!!!! Spoilered for size...

Spoiler:

Just look how much he loves making her smile!! You can imagine Jack's doing a happy dance right then and there in his head...

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall View Post
                                This may have been discussed here before, but I haven't been here in ,like, forever, but I always wondered what Kerry saw that convinced her that Jack was in love with Sam.
                                It must have been something because he didn't deny it when she confronted him with it....maybey he was talking in his sleep or something...

waterfall
                                Kerry was a pretty smart person. I would hope so, since she's a CIA agent! I wrote a story about what I thought clued Kerry in to what was really between Jack and Sam:

Realizations: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2672804/1/Realizations

It was my very first piece of fan fic.

Comment

Working...
                                X