X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
    This is way OT, but since we're mentioning cats:
    Spoiler:
    Just got a call from my daughter. Her sweet kitty had a bump taken off that has been diagnosed as cancer and now the cancer has spread. It was at the spot of an inoculation. Research is finding out that inoculations of several kinds can seem to start a tumor. So, I'm not saying not to have your cat have his/her shots, they can prevent many deadly illnesses and it's the law to have the rabies one. But, please have him checked over for bumps or check him yourself from time to time. The chances are better if tumor is found early and removed ASAP, naturally. My daughter has a difficult decision to make soon . Not sure about dogs with regards to this problem.
    Here's a way OT reply to your way OT post:
    Spoiler:
    After having two cats die of cancer, the new kitty is only having a rabies shot every three years. She never goes out, and the vaccine is good for three full years. State law requires animals to be vaccinated annually, but having knowledge of the same info you mentioned, and knowing that the vaccines are good for longer than the law requires, vets here are pretty much ignoring the law.

I hope your daughter's cat's cancer is treatable. We had one cat that had surgery and then kitty chemo (vitamin C) and had two more really good years. The other...my baby...we lost within a few weeks of the diagnosis. It was inoperable.

Comment

Shipper_Hannah....I LOVE the quotes in your sig! *dies laughing* Hold my shoes...

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
      I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
      Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Originally posted by cess525 View Post
        Will have to test that with the baby's name...as for the whole naming pets my brother had a dog named captain (doggie heaven came and picked him up recently) and my other brother a dog named Colonel...I'm thinking General...General Bengel ... not to long of a name since my first dog growing up was named ticker-ricker-round

I
        Hehe...at Flight school we have a dog called Sergent (got promoted recently) And then there's Flight Sergent Shark (who got demoted for being found swimming in the washing machine after light's out but then got promoted for his first nav solo) and there's the horse who's a major...yep it's weird, wacky world! *manical laugh* *cough* ahem..yes

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
        I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
        Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
          Hi everyone, long time no see. MIssed you all, but RL has been hectic lately. Just wanted to stop by and say I still think about ya'll and haven't stopped shipping. Glad to see so many familiar faces - especially that LJ is back - *waves frantically*

Anyhoo.... Having watched the first half of SGA S4 (spoilers for general opinions):
          Spoiler:
          I must say I haven't seen a darn thing which contradicts my view point. Still think we're seeing the New and Improved confident and satisfied Sam, love her in command, and haven't seen a hint of 'ship' ship with her and anyone else - though I think they're doing a great job of developing her relationships on SGA....

Probably enough for now. Ya'll take care, and I'm glad I had a chance to come by and say 'Hi.' Hi!
          Hey, Jenn! Just thought of you last night as the 'Threads' bit came up again. Glad to see you again!
          Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
          They're so freakin' married it's not even funny.

Well, I had a great first day back. My kiddos never cease to amaze and amuse me!

Comment

Originally posted by Meriwyn View Post
            Sam and Cam remind me more of a brother and sister, or two best friends, that sort of thing. I think they just "get" each other, because they're both the same rank (at the time of Season 10) and they've probably been through alot of the same military experiences. They almost have an unspoken "yeah I've been there" sort of thing.

I don't get romantic vibes from them whatsoever.
            Same here. In the beginning of S9 (or the season which must not be named lol) when Sam visits Cam in the hospital, I got the feeling they knew each other before. And there is no sexual tension between those two-it would be like ewwww! But Jack and Sam-whoa!
            sigpic
            Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
              Same here. In the beginning of S9 (or the season which must not be named lol) when Sam visits Cam in the hospital, I got the feeling they knew each other before. And there is no sexual tension between those two-it would be like ewwww! But Jack and Sam-whoa!
              And let us not forget that JM himself put the brakes on any speculation about a Sam/Cam thing. There was no room for interpretation there. Not no way. Not no how!

(of course we all know why....)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                Sam and Cam? No way man! (dude, that totally rhymes! lol) They're friends, and that's it. yes, they do get their little moments together, but not like moments moments. Just BFF moments! But like ya said gater, Sam and Jack... WOAH!!!!! Now THOSE are moments.
                --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                  I'm loving the discussions going on, but I don't have time to splash in the gutter!

OT:
                  Spoiler:
                  I just had my second day at my new job... it's intense! Yesterday was orientation and a Whakatau (an official welcome with the existing employees singing at us and giving speeches in Maori, Samoan and English ). Today was the first day of training... woah. After 2 weeks of intense training, 2 weeks of coaching and then another 3 months of being a noob with ongoing assessments, I will be a fully trained quitline adviser and help people with their efforts to quit smoking permanently. We spent some time on the floor observing the phone calls and chatting to the quitline advisers (my twin sister is in the 3 month noob stage).

I'm so tired. I think I'm going to love working here... everyone is awesome! And the training isn't just manuals and power point presentations either, it rocks! When we split into teams for exercises it does get a bit competitive (read: violent) though I have a skinned elbow, a deep scratch up the other arm from a table corner and carpet burn on my knees. I also seem to have pulled something in my back when I slammed into a wall as my body was twisting (we had to race across the room to hit a metal buzzer, which we broke). I think my team won that one... I hope we did.

It's awesome having a proper adult job

And not really on topic here, but I have to share it with the family! Along with Spacegirlnz and my twin sister, I managed to get one of the last 3 tickets to have dinner with Teryl in April! Only 8 tickets were available so it will be cozy We are waiting to hear if Amanda_Tapping_Fan managed to get her booking in on time
                  Congrats on the job and on the ticket, Eileen!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                    Kerry was a pretty smart person. I would hope so, since she's a CIA agent! I wrote a story about what I thought clued Kerry in to what was really between Jack and Sam:

Realizations: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2672804/1/Realizations

It was my very first piece of fan fic.

Thanks for writing that, I guess I'm not the only one to wonder what tipped her off.
                    Nice to see it was as obvious to her as it is to us.

waterfall

Comment

Hi everyone, long time no see. MIssed you all, but RL has been hectic lately. Just wanted to stop by and say I still think about ya'll and haven't stopped shipping. Glad to see so many familiar faces - especially that LJ is back - *waves frantically*

Anyhoo.... Having watched the first half of SGA S4 (spoilers for general opinions):
                      Spoiler:
                      I must say I haven't seen a darn thing which contradicts my view point. Still think we're seeing the New and Improved confident and satisfied Sam, love her in command, and haven't seen a hint of 'ship' ship with her and anyone else - though I think they're doing a great job of developing her relationships on SGA....

Probably enough for now. Ya'll take care, and I'm glad I had a chance to come by and say 'Hi.' Hi!

Hi Jennnifer! Glad to see you! I have to agree with you about Sam in SGA!

Ours is the only reality of consequence.

Comment

Now, see, I'm of the opinion that they've been together since Threads, but we haven't seen it onscreen. I also believe our not having seen it onscreen is the reason TPTB have 'gotten away with it' behind the Network Executives and the 'real' TPTBs backs.. so to speak. There's this need in television to 'mess with' ships - whenever characters seem to be moving towards each other, you can start taking bets on how long it will be till something happens to totally mess em up -- surprise secret weddings and other spouses, deaths or bizarre diseases, strange statuetes or will clauses no lawyer could even imagine.... So by allowing the ship to fade into the background after the seeming naturallness and togetherness of Threads, in effect, they allowed those of us who believed in it to keep our belief that Threads was the beginning of their real relationship, and that the story telling and avoided all the melodrama which would have otherwise occured in the next two years. I really believe enough of TPTB are S/J shippers that they WANTED to get them together, wanted us to see and believe that with Threads, but have had to tread lightly due to the rules of the medium in which they work.

But that's just me, I know many don't have as much belief in TPTB as I do.
                        Jenn, you have such a way with words! I totally agree with you on this! I am one of the firm believers that Sam and Jack have been together since Threads!

Ours is the only reality of consequence.

Comment

Well, I started working on this before anyone was really posting and GW was being supah! slow again - but then everyone and their great grandmother started calling, so I got busy on the phones. Still, I had fun with this!

D---it! The shippers are pinned down!

Those Jaffa took out GW again!

Calling all shippers! Where are you? What's your status? Respond!

D---it! They're not responding!

Hang on, Shippers! I'm comin' in!

*gutter below*

Spoiler:
                          With his Zat gun, to boot!!
                          sigpic

You ended that sentence with a preposition! You *******!!

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot_Jackie View Post
                            Oh, yes! That proves it! Lemme tell ya', you've proven it to us all! There ain't NOTHIN' between Sam and Jack because *GASP* he pulled rank! While they were both in vulnerable positions while *dun dun DUN!!* on base! The looks and glances, the fretting and worrying, the YES flirting, Solitudes, 100 Days, Affinity, Point of View, Window of Opportunity, Grace, Moebius, aka the KISSES, Janet's "Is this a problem?", Jack's guarded "I wouldn't be here," - all of it and more doesn't lead or mean a thing in terms of romantic feelings for each other on the parts of Sam and Jack.

All because he pulled rank when she woke up and Cam didn't.

I see the light! I really do! Thank you for revealing it to us all! We'll all promptly stop shipping now and obviously contorting the events of the show.

[/sarcasm]

You really should seek out a different way to find attention.
                            Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                            This is virtural GREEN because I just love this post! Seriously...after all I've seen in all the seasons, especially in the 9th and 10... and 4th...err...of both SG1 and SGA...leads me to believe that Sam and Jack are so married. No amount of Sam/Cam FRIENDSHIP (or anyone else for that matter) is going to change my mind on that.

They're so freakin' married it's not even funny.
                            Ditto. To both of you.

Comment

Now, see, I'm of the opinion that they've been together since Threads, but we haven't seen it onscreen. I also believe our not having seen it onscreen is the reason TPTB have 'gotten away with it' behind the Network Executives and the 'real' TPTBs backs.. so to speak. There's this need in television to 'mess with' ships - whenever characters seem to be moving towards each other, you can start taking bets on how long it will be till something happens to totally mess em up -- surprise secret weddings and other spouses, deaths or bizarre diseases, strange statuetes or will clauses no lawyer could even imagine.... So by allowing the ship to fade into the background after the seeming naturallness and togetherness of Threads, in effect, they allowed those of us who believed in it to keep our belief that Threads was the beginning of their real relationship, and that the story telling and avoided all the melodrama which would have otherwise occured in the next two years. I really believe enough of TPTB are S/J shippers that they WANTED to get them together, wanted us to see and believe that with Threads, but have had to tread lightly due to the rules of the medium in which they work.

But that's just me, I know many don't have as much belief in TPTB as I do.

<snip for space>
                              Well, I agree with your assessment, but I think they could have done a little bit better than they have without turning it into a soap opera. There's middle ground there that they haven't managed to explore. I think the casual viewers are still out there scratching their collective heads going "Whatever happened to Sam and Jack?"

Comment

Congratulations, NZNeep, on 3,100 posts!!!

Congratulations, sillyscipia, on 1,000 posts!!!

Welcome back, not_a_zatarcs!!!

Welcome back, JenniferJF!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X