This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
    They don't seem to coordinate the characters' clothes, I don't think. In LC Sam shows up at Jack's house in a denim jacket and Jack has on long sleeves. His outfit looks like the weather is cool (although he's probably not been outside yet). Then Daniel and Teal'c show up with shirts that look like it's hot summer weather. I've noticed other eps where you can see their breath (usually on other planets) but they're wearing their usual BDU's.

Also, doesn't it rain a lot in BC? Or is it seasonal and they can plan on plenty of days to shoot outside. I remember RDA joking about David Duchovny complaining about so much rain in Vancouver, though. One of the reasons for Hollywood is because the film industry discovered they could film all year long in Calif.. Previously, most of the US movies (silent) were fillmed in the eastern US.
    LOL! I'm convinced stargate travel only ever occurs in the summer time...for all of that Cheyenne Mountain is in Colorado, there is never an exterior shot of the Mountain where there is snow! Hence...gate travel must be suspended between October and June...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
      They don't seem to coordinate the characters' clothes, I don't think. In LC Sam shows up at Jack's house in a denim jacket and Jack has on long sleeves. His outfit looks like the weather is cool (although he's probably not been outside yet). Then Daniel and Teal'c show up with shirts that look like it's hot summer weather. I've noticed other eps where you can see their breath (usually on other planets) but they're wearing their usual BDU's.

Also, doesn't it rain a lot in BC? Or is it seasonal and they can plan on plenty of days to shoot outside. I remember RDA joking about David Duchovny complaining about so much rain in Vancouver, though. One of the reasons for Hollywood is because the film industry discovered they could film all year long in Calif.. Previously, most of the US movies (silent) were fillmed in the eastern US.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
        *beams over more shipper hankies*....

whoever was the guy that got to do that dip-n-kiss with you was a very lucky guy!!
        I was a pretty lucky girl, too!

Completely and totally OT RL:

Spoiler:
        I have a pic of the kiss, it's one of my favorite theatre shots of all time! The show is "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying", in case you're wondering...

Back to your regularly scheduled Shipping...

Another of my favorite Angsty moments:

She calls him Jack!!!
        Last edited by BrenRen; 26 December 2007, 04:20 PM.
        Love and hot fudge,
        Bren Ren
        ~
        My stories!
        ~

sigpic

Comment

When I first saw that episode, I literally jumped when the ringbox snapped shut. This was another episode that made me cry!
          sigpic
          Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post

Spoiler:
            I have a pic of the kiss, it's one of my favorite theatre shots of all time! The show is "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying", in case you're wondering...
            Spoiler:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63.../LostCity7.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63.../Lostcity8.jpg

She calls him Jack!!!
            Whoa! Bren! WTG!

Oh...and on topic (and to follow your great pix...)...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
              I know exactly what you mean. For me, I can just about manage Shades of Grey, although Sam's face breaks my heart (also her look at the end of The Other Side kills me). But i just can't watch A Hundred Days. I know i should because of all the great Sam/Jack character moments, but it just upsets me. Stoopid Laira...
              100 Days never bothered me much, probably because I found it so easy to imagine Sam and Jack stuck together on that planet (without Laira). I guess I just have an active shippy imagination.

sigpic
              s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                So we have 100 Days and Shades of Grey...and I know without even asking that Chimera and Affinity are on some people's list...are there any other eps out there that people just cannot watch? (aside from S9/10...)
                Not because of angst or ship (primarily) but I've always had a problem with 'Enigma' for one huge reason. That huge reason being is that I thought it was totally out of character for Sam to kiss Narim AT THE SGC! It's one thing for her to kiss an alien but to do it at the SGC while she's on duty and has a mission? That was just way OOC for me and so I find it difficult to watch that ep as well. (Plus how can you kiss Narim when you've got Jack! )

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker View Post
                  100 Days never bothered me much, probably because I found it so easy to imagine Sam and Jack stuck together on that planet (without Laira). I guess I just have an active shippy imagination.
                  I never thought of it that way... Come to think of it, never read a fic of it going down that way either. Are there any?
                  Love and hot fudge,
                  Bren Ren
                  ~
                  My stories!
                  ~

sigpic

Comment

I absolutly LOVE that scene...and I have a teddy bear where you can speak in some stuff, well mines say "Jack" from the scene from Lost City...so sweet

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                    Not because of angst or ship (primarily) but I've always had a problem with 'Enigma' for one huge reason. That huge reason being is that I thought it was totally out of character for Sam to kiss Narim AT THE SGC! It's one thing for her to kiss an alien but to do it at the SGC while she's on duty and has a mission? That was just way OOC for me and so I find it difficult to watch that ep as well. (Plus how can you kiss Narim when you've got Jack! )
                    Yup, Like I said, only you say it in better/more/smarter words

EDIT: And it's bedtime for me...nighty night y'all, have a good evening and see y'all soon. (((ship family))))
                    sigpic

Comment

I never thought of it that way... Come to think of it, never read a fic of it going down that way either. Are there any?

IIRC, Solitudes was the only episode where Sam and Jack were actually alone together for any length of time. I would have loved to see them stranded together in 100 Days, sans Laira, or in Paradise Lost, sans Maybourne.

sigpic
                      s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

I don't remember that one well, except that Deanna Troi was in it... Or rather, the actress who played her (whose name escapes me at the moment)... I could pop in the disc, I suppose!
                        I liked Deanna Troi a lot, was a Riker/Troi shipper, and enjoyed seeing Marina Sirtis speak at a convention many years ago. You wouldn't think it, but she has a great sense of humor. However, Watergate makes me absolutely *certain* that she should never ever ever ever ever *ever* again be allowed to attempt a Russian accent! Hers was just simply dreadful.

Originally posted by Chocolatequeen View Post
                        There's a very nice Jack shippy moment in it. It lends itself nicely to the story arc of my fic.

eta: Oh, and the actress is Marina Sirtis.

Really? Where is that? I've never cared for Watergate, mostly because of the aforementioned accent, but I also always thought of it as pretty devoid of ship. My only fond memory - and I haven't watched the ep in ages - is watching the newbies jumping out of a plane for the first time.

Oh, and OT:

Spoiler:
                        I'm watching a Christmas movie on the Lifetime Movie Network right now, and guess who's on it?? Michael Shanks! I'm not a fan, but it was a big surprise to see Daniel not being Daniel. <g>
                        - Mary
                        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Laira didn't know about Sam's affection for Jack and vice versa. There is not one of us ladies who wouldn't take a shot at Jack, if we thought he was available and we was living with him in their house Give Laira a break, she's the one who lost out at the end.
                          sigpic

Comment

IIRC, Solitudes was the only episode where Sam and Jack were actually alone together for any length of time. I would have loved to see them stranded together in 100 Days, sans Laira, or in Paradise Lost, sans Maybourne.
                            Oh, Paradise Lost, Sam and Jack stranded together... going slowly nuts... trying to kill each other... Oh, the Angst! I would've LOVED that!
                            Love and hot fudge,
                            Bren Ren
                            ~
                            My stories!
                            ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
                              I was always disappointed that they didn't have Jack in Mess Dress here. Follow this link to a picture...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:USAF_Mess_Dress.jpg
                              We had a discussion of mess dress some time back and someone linked a pic of mess dress for female AF members and even one pic for a pregnant one!

Comment

Spoiler:
                                http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/BrenRen1/Kids%20Pics/WhatAKissTh.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63.../LostCity7.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63.../Lostcity8.jpg

She calls him Jack!!!
                                OT:

Spoiler:
                                - HOLY $HIT!!!!! MAN YOU'RE FLEXIBLE!!!!! I'm teetering on the gutter here lookin' at that!! I'm already adding to the amount of drool already in the Gutter Pool!! WOW!! *fans self* I wouldn't made a very good actor then cuz no way would I have been able to dip you that low.....I'd've been too afraid of breaking you in half.....

Comment

Working...
                                X