This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
    After the Trio snipping, I have given up on having a resolution. These guys are more into teasing than resolution. I have decided to just be content on what they give us and hope we don't get anymore scene like the one in Ripple Effect. Of all the scenes that get cut, that one should have been the first to hit the cutting room floor.
    So you're all irked by Sam/Martouf almost kiss from Ripple Effect. I wonder how you'd have reacted to the Sam/Cam scheduled relationship by Coop and PDL in S9. Glad Amanda nixed it. Oh and I forgot in Ripple Effect the director (PDL?) thought Black Bad Cam and Sam should kiss in the elevator scene - when Joe heard how he was going to interpret his script he was really surprised and nixed the whole thing. All in all expect nothing and then you want be disapointed...
    Last edited by silkie; 25 October 2007, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Wow, you guys wrote a lot jus in a night, when I was sleeping. And I can' remember what I wanted to say....oh, Congrats for the 300 post VSS! Hmm, there was something other...I know. Well, my head is just too silly today I assume.
      Oh, yes, I got it! It's a funny thing that the image of shippers is a penguin. Because I'm a linux user, and guess what? Tux is the symbol of linux, and he is a penguin!!
      'One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
      One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them'

SGA fanfiction I'm translating to english. It's a novel!

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
        Actually
        Spoiler:

The picture of them fishing is in her office (not her quarters) and we didn't see it in Reunion. The picture we saw in the boxes was one of just Jack and totally different from the on in her office (the fishing one).

This post was brought to you by the letter S (for Squeeee) and the number 5 (for SGA S5)
        And we all know that that is a huge thing...very important with regard to our ship!!!!
        And SQUEE indeed!!!!
        Number five is alive!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!
        Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
        more funny and dramatic fics from dietcokechic's website:
        http://www.dietcokechic.com/stargate/imbroglio.html
        I love this one..I've read it about a dozen times...very nice...and whumpy!!
        Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
        Spoiler:
        I mean you don't go around keeping your boss's picture, a candid picture in your private quarters...now, your husband...you sure would!
        Exactly!! So there has to be something more significant in their relationship other than just being friends...I mean...I don't have pictures of my boss in my bedroom...ewwwww...god...the thought just scare me to death!!...but there are a few of my hubby in here so...yeah...I'm thinking it's a good thing!!!
        Originally posted by seldear View Post
        Ficlet follows:
        Spoiler:
        "You know, in all the excitement, I never had a chance to congratulate you."
        Sam stared at John Sheppard.
        She thought they'd been discreet. A quiet, civil ceremony, a handful of witnesses, lunch at a restaurant with said witnesses, and a week snowed in at Jack's cabin.
        <snip for length!>
        It wasn't that she didn't want to be married to Jack, it was just that she didn't want it publically known for the moment.
        And, at least for the moment, her secret was safe.

Sel.
        Yay!! Well done Sel...as usual!! Yay!!!
        Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        i LOVE your idea, sel, but would the show actually state that they're married??? that's what i want!
        sally
        That would be nice!!! Really nice!!!

As much as I would love to play catch ups here you guys have been posting profusely...boy is it busy in here or what!!!!!!
        So let me just finish up by saying a huge congratulations to all the milestoners out there...WTG!!!!
        And Eileen and Emma...loving your Armageddon experience!!!
        And yay...season 5!!!!
        WOOHOO!!!!!

So much is happening in RL that it's hard to keep up top date so forgive me if I've missed something...like thanking folks for fic recs...just remembered!!
        Nighty night everyone...take care, be safe, have fun and hug your loved ones!!!
        (((ShipFamily)))
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by silkie View Post
          So you're all irked by Sam/Martouf almost kiss from Ripple Effect. I wonder how you'd have reacted to the Sam/Cam scheduled relationship by Coop and PDL in S9. Glad Amanda nixed it. Oh and I forgot in Ripple Effect the director (PDL?) thought Black Bad Cam and Sam should kiss in the elevator scene - when Joe heard how he was going to interpret his script he was really surprised and nixed the whole thing. All in all expect nothing and then you want be disapointed...
          How would I have reacted to Sam/Cam? With copious amounts of vomit I think.

Amanda and Joe have just earned more of my respect for nipping those ideas in the bud. Good call, guys.
          Last edited by Alan; 25 October 2007, 04:11 AM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I think that's the episode where Sam and Cam (what were these writers thinking when they chose Cameron's name?) were in the briefing room and when they stand up, Cam is immediately in Sam's space. What totally cracked me up was the look Sam gave him as she tried to put a little space between them! Hilarious!

As anyone else thought how the names seem to repeat throughout the episodes? Or at the very least sound so similar?
            sigpic
            Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

After the Trio snipping, I have given up on having a resolution. These guys are more into teasing than resolution. I have decided to just be content on what they give us and hope we don't get anymore scene like the one in Ripple Effect. Of all the scenes that get cut, that one should have been the first to hit the cutting room floor.
              I have to agree with Rogue. I think that the
              Spoiler:
              picture of Jack in Sam's belongings on Atlantis was really wonderful.
              But I'm a bit afraid that the other shoe will drop. We got Sam and Jack fishing together and the kiss at the end of season 8. Sam was not exactly single. Things were looking good! Then an almost Martouf kiss.

Along with my happiness goes a little bit apprehension.
              sigpic
              ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Hi shippers!!

Originally posted by Goddess View Post
                Good thing. Wouldn't want any crazies looking for it!

haha Siler and don't forget Walter! He totally had it figured out.

Poor Pete was so infatuated I don't think there was any way she could have done it without breaking his heart.

I think Joe Malozzi

Spoiler:
                Spoiler:
                mentioned in his blog once that if they made it to season 5 they would try to fit a similar scene in somewhere.

I always thought this scene was sad because I felt like the regs weren't all that was holding them apart. They've both had relationships end badly in the past and I think that gives them a certain fear of their own feelings for each other. I think that for a long time they were afraid that they acted on them and it ended badly it would hurt the team.

Now THAT'S a show I would watch, for sure!

My friend and I said that if we didn't like Pete for any other reason we would be glad that Sam was with him when she met Malcom cause that relationship could have actually worked out and then poor Jack would be all alone instead of them being
                Spoiler:
                soooo married!
                I agree that the regs eren't the only thing (a major thing sure), but not the only thing. I think yes by this time it is also self doubt and fear - fear that they'll loose what they have of each other. Though if it wasn't for the regs we know from at least 2 AR's that they would have married within a year of meeting. But Kerry wouldn't know about these secret fears holding them apart, she would just see the regs problem.

I know other people have said that if Sam was with Barrett or some other hunkier guy it would have been worse as it could have worked out for her and this guy. But I'm gonna have to humbly disagree. Personally I think a better looking and more intelligent guy may have been more believable than Pete, but I don't think any relationship Sam tried to have with anyone other than Jack, no matter who he was, would have worked out. Sam was already in love with Jack by the time Barrett or that Ambassador (Joe?) guy turned up and she knew it too. She may have ended up marrying one of them...but it still would NEVER have worked out and would have been the worst mistake she ever made!!

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                Definitely!
                Spoiler:
                There's something more personal about Sam having a picture of Jack in her bedroom.
                Hehe...master of understatement

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                We want more! We want more! We want more! We want more! We want more! We want more!

[CENTER]Where are those penguins...oh, yes...here they are!

<snipped>

(In spoilers lots of pics...and random silliness!)

[]
                Brooke I'm out of green, but that was soo worth it!!

Originally posted by dreamer one View Post
                Just stopping by to say a big thank you to everyone who read and offered such lovely feedback on my little ficlet, Dear Dad, yesterday.

And as for SGA getting a Season 5 renewal, I'm not sure what to think. On the one hand, it opens some possibilities. However, my more realistic side fears it sounds the death knell for any confirmation of the ship, especially if AT continues in season 5. Track record of the TPTB seems to point to their reluctance to confirm anything. I think they'd be more likely to do it if the franchise was shutting down.

Besides, in reality, if they were going to indicate Sam and Jack were seriously involved, why the heck would Sam continue to stay in the Pegasus Galaxy? ( so far away from )

Well that is only my opinion. I'm happy to hear other more upbeat thoughts!!
                I can totally see Sam and Jack as married despite the fact she's in Atlantis. I don't think this means that TPTB don't think they're together, and IMHO we now have overwhelming evidence to believe they are and TPTB are operating on that principle.

As others have said Sam and Jack are as dedicated and as dutiful as ever - that's just who they are, they always put duty above themselves. And in fact many of our military men and women do. Plus SAm being in Atlantis is really no different to how many if not most military families have to live. And really she's only a half hour away. So when she gets leave time...she doesn't have to fly half way around the world to get home to her husband. It's just a quick half hour trip through subspace and then, if a ship's in orbit, a slit second to rematerialise at the cabin

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                Yep. She could probably do it in the dark with one arm tied behind her back. Or two.
                Btw...Love your sig Eileen

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                Congratulations, michelleb, on 3,000 posts!!!

Congratulations, ses110, on 2,700 posts!!!

Congratulations, JackandSamAddict, on 2,500 posts!!!

Congratulations, luvnjack, on 1,600 posts!!!
                Yep and form me

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                *Munch, munch* Hubby make cookies. Yuummm! What do you think are Jack & Sam's favorite cookies?
                luvnjack! Your hubby bakes cookies and gives Jack hugs??!!! I'm so jealous right now

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                Congratulations, VastlySuperiorStuff, on 300 posts!!!
                Congrats!

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                You all were indeed talkative today. And I'm really bad at multi-quoting cuz all those segments get all mixed up on my screen and I end up saying "Congrats" to someone who just broke their toe or something...so I'm just going to give my input in general to stuff I've read tonight and hopefully if I step all over someone's quote you'll forgive me!
                Spoiler:

I wasn't going to make any predictions about S5 this morning cuz I didn't want to start a lot of speculating about what we might or might not see, but it seems it was inevitable. So here's my one and a half cents (not two cents...cuz it's not worth that much):

SGA has had a bumpy start, there's no denying it. Frankly, I've enjoyed it, regardless; some eps more, some less. As I've said before, I watched SGA before I watched SG1. Having said that, I completely agree that they've never been quite able to achieve the chemistry that SG1 did. Why? I'm sure any number of factors could be the reason, but I think one of the biggest problems is that it always has, and in all likelihood, always will be compared to SG1 and the truth is, SG1 was something special. [COLOR="darkred"]It was one of those rare and happy confluences of characters and actors and storylines that come along and make people go "Wow! That is awesome!" We loved it. We embraced it. We made it part of our lives.[COLOR] Sadly, though, it's pretty much over. And it certainly is over as we've known it. Even with the movies,( and in spite of the fact that we're dealing with sci fi...) we can't turn back the hands of time. SG1 may continue to exist, but it will never be Col. O'Neill, Major Carter, Daniel and Teal'c again. That Sam, That Jack , That Daniel and That Teal'c are consigned to our memories and our S1-8 DVD collections.

<snipped for length >

Spoilered for S4 and Continuum...

Spoiler:
                I know we've been hopeful about Continuum...could it be that there was a side-bar decision to cut the scene in Trio, not only because it ran too long but also because it would give too much away of what is in Continuum? Remember our timeline: Trio is after the Continuum story-line, but Continuum comes out after Trio was due to air. If they gave it away in Trio, it would ruin the surprise in Continuum...if there is a surprise, that is....

...just speculating, of course...but something to think about.

EDIT: Ahh. In the time it took me to write this I see you all have moved on to less weighty matters! In that case...see my next post...
                Oh so fabulous post!!!!! D'oh...couldn't green ya.

I agree with it all. In the red, yes that's right!! And about the bolded part...*sad sigh* Sometimes when I remember how true that is I feel so sad. One of the reasons I truly wish they had've left it with the final fishing scene.

I like your theory on Trio...I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case, especaily with all the talk of
                Spoiler:
                inpropriety from JM a little while ago, where even AT raised her concerns. I firmly beleive that TPTB and the actors no longer have any doubts as to the state of S/J (ie. that they're together). And they, AT especially, don't have doubts coz they know about whatever it is in Continuum!!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it

EDIT: and with that (it took me forever to catch up!!) I'm off to bed.

Night shippers!!
                sigpic
                Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

I guess I don't need "proof" that they're married or in a relationship. The Sam/Jack angle is an adjunct to my appreciation of SG1 as a TV show. If they dumped "the team", on the other hand, I'd be pissed as.

The Sam/Martouf kiss did seem to bother a lot of people - "proof" that Sam couldn't be in a relationship with Jack. Except that the Martouf our Sam knew is dead, and the one she met is alive. We know that Sam felt something for Martouf back when he was alive, and I can see our Sam catching a look at AU!Martouf and going back to that time when the possibility of a relationship existed between them and reacting to that. It's not that she's not in a relationship with someone else, it's that the sight of someone she hasn't seen in years takes her back to "that old feeling".

Then, too, I'm not a believer in "One And Only One True Love" the way some people are. It's perfectly plausible to me that Sam might have loved Martouf - and still does in a part of her heart.

...and I don't actually have a problem with Sam/Cam in an AU. BlackOps Sam/Cam in Ripple Effect were an AU, right? And they were quite unlike our SG1 in some respects. So I'm okay with that. Our Sam and Cam? Well, I could see it working. It doesn't bother me terribly much, except that I don't see Sam putting up with Cam for very long. Too much boy, not enough man!

I'll always be Sam/Jack, no matter what; I just happen not to mind certain other pairings involving Sam.

Sel.

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                    You all were indeed talkative today. And I'm really bad at multi-quoting cuz all those segments get all mixed up on my screen and I end up saying "Congrats" to someone who just broke their toe or something...so I'm just going to give my input in general to stuff I've read tonight and hopefully if I step all over someone's quote you'll forgive me!

I wasn't going to make any predictions about S5 this morning cuz I didn't want to start a lot of speculating about what we might or might not see, but it seems it was inevitable. So here's my one and a half cents (not two cents...cuz it's not worth that much):

SGA has had a bumpy start, there's no denying it. Frankly, I've enjoyed it, regardless; some eps more, some less. As I've said before, I watched SGA before I watched SG1. Having said that, I completely agree that they've never been quite able to achieve the chemistry that SG1 did. Why? I'm sure any number of factors could be the reason, but I think one of the biggest problems is that it always has, and in all likelihood, always will be compared to SG1 and the truth is, SG1 was something special. It was one of those rare and happy confluences of characters and actors and storylines that come along and make people go "Wow! That is awesome!" We loved it. We embraced it. We made it part of our lives. Sadly, though, it's pretty much over. And it certainly is over as we've known it. Even with the movies,( and in spite of the fact that we're dealing with sci fi...) we can't turn back the hands of time. SG1 may continue to exist, but it will never be Col. O'Neill, Major Carter, Daniel and Teal'c again. That Sam, That Jack , That Daniel and That Teal'c are consigned to our memories and our S1-8 DVD collections.

But that's the gold standard for us...and SGA will never measure up to it cuz we'll always be comparing it. Which isn't to say that SGA couldn't use some help. I agree completely that the characters have been flat and a tad monotonous in their rather narrow roles. I think TPTB recognized that and have made a serious effort in S4 to change that. So far, I've liked what I've seen (trying not to look at the first 4 eps through my ship-colored glasses, cuz they make me REALLY like what I've seen...). I have high hopes for the remaining 16 eps for the show as a whole, and not just our little shippy corner of it. And now that S5 is a given, I believe there's an opportunity for that to continue even more.

So why am I talking about this here, on the S/J thread? Because this is my theory: there was obviously great sensitivity around bringing Sam over to SGA for all the reasons we already know and have discussed and have been discussed elsewhere countless times. And because of that, I believe TPTB were very cautious in how much story time they gave Sam in S4...not wanting to overwhelm or overshadow the SGA characters, especially as they're trying to flesh them out further into more fully rounded people. Having achieved this...and we'll assume they've achieved this, even though we still have 16 eps to go...IMHO I believe they'll have more leeway in S5 to bring in more of Sam's story. By then everyone will have forgotten that she's the SG1 transplant (okay, maybe not everyone...), all the furor and hullabaloo of her being there and not Elizabeth will have died down (I hope), and she'll simply be one of the SGA characters who gets to have her turn in the limelight without someone accusing TPTB of some nefarious plot to destroy SGA by dumping SG1 characters on it. So that even if (and I stress IF) we don't get what we're hoping for in Continuum, I strongly and whole-heartedly believe that Sam in S5 will more than get her due, and specifically that her relationship with Jack will be an obvious part of that. Whether that involves bringing RDA in, or having it made known unequivocably through discussion, plot or some other device, who knows. But I'm confident that it will be there.

And before I close this long-winded and probably worthless pondering, something else just ocurred to me...

Spoilered for S4 and Continuum...

Spoiler:
                    I know we've been hopeful about Continuum...could it be that there was a side-bar decision to cut the scene in Trio, not only because it ran too long but also because it would give too much away of what is in Continuum? Remember our timeline: Trio is after the Continuum story-line, but Continuum comes out after Trio was due to air. If they gave it away in Trio, it would ruin the surprise in Continuum...if there is a surprise, that is....

...just speculating, of course...but something to think about.

EDIT: Ahh. In the time it took me to write this I see you all have moved on to less weighty matters! In that case...see my next post...
                    I agree and wish I could green ya. I think SGA biggest flaw is not developing the characters. I think there is chemistry between all the SGA characters it is just so underdeveloped. The writers seemed to be more intersted in developing new bad guys to fight than showing us what makes these guys tick.
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I am glad that Amnanda steppd up and said NO!-that would certainly have screwed her character, BB's and the show immediately-at least for me-I wouldn't have given it a look. I don't know whether the Black Cam and Sam would have bothered me-as Teal'c once said-Ours in the only reality of consequence.

What irked me about Ripple Effect-Sam and Martouf???? He never meant anything to Sam personally , except for Jolinar, but Janet was a "friend" and she didn't interact with her-no mention of Jacob-nothing personal to Sam-but a fly by night interaction with someone she was not that involved with-that they leave in. If Joe trolled the boards hoping people were jumping up and down with joy-he was rudely awakened from that daydream.
                      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

HI

I was thinking about THE RIPPLE EFFECT and the almost Kiss between Sam and Martouph this is how i see it sam had'nt seen him in along time in our reality our Martuoph is dead and with her having to kill him in our reality due to the Za'tarc thing i think sam felt realy bad and she never got a chance to say goodbye to him so when she see's au martouph i think the almost kiss was a way of her saying goodbye in away and i love the asgard timing

And the black au Sam and cam i could definatly see something between them and i dont mind becase it Au and defanatly the rest of the realitys sam and jack are toghther espcaliy the meternity leave i'd love to see sam and jack have kid's
                        sigpic
                        (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
                          I am glad that Amnanda steppd up and said NO!-that would certainly have screwed her character, BB's and the show immediately-at least for me-I wouldn't have given it a look. I don't know whether the Black Cam and Sam would have bothered me-as Teal'c once said-Ours in the only reality of consequence.

What irked me about Ripple Effect-Sam and Martouf???? He never meant anything to Sam personally , except for Jolinar, but Janet was a "friend" and she didn't interact with her-no mention of Jacob-nothing personal to Sam-but a fly by night interaction with someone she was not that involved with-that they leave in. If Joe trolled the boards hoping people were jumping up and down with joy-he was rudely awakened from that daydream.
                          Regarding the hi-lighted part - That's a whole 'nother rant!

A kiss by the AU Sam and Cam would not have bothered me. Personally, I think eventually all AU Sam's and Jack's will have some type of relationship, but it they have other relationships in the process, I don't care. I don't know them.

I don't like AU / AR. In my mind, they don't matter. I can pick up the story and go on and forget them.
                          sigpic
                          ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post

I was really looking forward to this ep because of Janet. I was really disappointed. Most of the interaction was between Sam/Martouf. And the near kiss. I could see that scene maybe in a earlier season while that storyline is still fresh but not in S9. It didn't advance the current storyline or any future storylines so why put it in. It just made fans doubt Sam/Jack were together and made Sam look bad in the process. Boy was this thread hot that night.
                            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I was really looking forward to this ep because of Janet. I was really disappointed. Most of the interaction was between Sam/Martouf. And the near kiss. I could see that scene maybe in a earlier season while that storyline is still fresh but not in S9. It didn't advance the current storyline or any future storylines so why put it in. It just made fans doubt Sam/Jack were together and made Sam look bad in the process. Boy was this thread hot that night.
                              It sure was-and JM got scorched too. If he was, indeed trolling the thread.
                              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                                I think that's the episode where Sam and Cam (what were these writers thinking when they chose Cameron's name?) were in the briefing room and when they stand up, Cam is immediately in Sam's space. What totally cracked me up was the look Sam gave him as she tried to put a little space between them! Hilarious!

As anyone else thought how the names seem to repeat throughout the episodes? Or at the very least sound so similar?
                                Of course I noticed how they rhyme....and I've thought before...hey if I were a Sam/Cam shipper...that would just be a cute ship name. Like Sam/Dan...or Dan/Jan as some refer to those as....but none of those ships have...

+ =

And NONE of them have...

They just have cute names!

Comment

Working...
                                X