This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hope leslie hermnharry
    DITTO!!! Same ships...I also liked the way the continuity (is that a word?) of the ship was handled in the X-Files even with DD absent for the last 2 seasons and how they brought him back for the series finale...At least we got some resolution in there...CC took care of the shippers even if he always said that there was not to be any romance between the two...There was too much chemistry there to be ignored...I wish TPTB would listen to their fan based shippers for once and give us what we want...
    Yayayayayay! Lots of fellow shippers!

Ooooh, now while I do have a lot of choice words to say about Chris Carter when it comes to Files, it is a lot more frustrationg to ship for Sam/Jack than it is to ship for Mulder/Scully... however, that man has no clue of continuity! *laughs hysterically* Scully had a 12 month pregnancy! Beat that! But yeah, CC did succumb in the end, although I've always loved this segment of an interview with David in which the interviewer is commenting on how he finally kissed Scully in Existence (they're obviously discounting Milennium) and David says "Well, she just had my baby, I figured I should..." LMAO! That's always been an in-joke with us anyway...

I honestly think my favourite ship is JAG though... oooh how I loves it...

*is getting drastically OT*

I rewatched 200 today! *happy grin* I was *looking* for ship, and you can see it, especally on Amanda's part... lots of smiles and whatnot

*sigh* I need more seasons on DVD!!!! I want to listen to the commentaries!

I hate when the write in kisses and shippy moments and then take them out... it would have been *so* well placed in BTS, whatever about any other episode... were they ever filmed at all or were they cut from the script beforehand? Some very tenacious X-Files fans got hold of a kiss that had supposedly never been filmed! There's always hope!

Comment

Originally posted by broken-heart
      Care to post the link?

It is my honor to serve…

Check out all of Sally’s fanfic here…

http://uk.geocities.com/mystories_uk/stargateindex.html

BTW, for anyone who doesn’t know [where the heck have you been?!] that lovely laydee writes proper novels now! She has written A Matter of Honor and The Cost of Honor for Fandemonium. Fandemonium’s novels are the best cult TV tie-ins out there by a country mile and MoH and CoH are brilliant… Sally, you can slip the $5 in the mail to me as usual…

DON’T YOU SMILE AT ME LIKE THAT! THAT’S NOT EVEN A REAL SMILE! IT’S JUST A BUNCH OF TEETH PLAYING WITH MY MIND! Sig courtesy of AmberMoon… kneel before your God!

WWW.SUPERNANNY.US.COM. Log on. Or it’s the naughty chair for you.

Comment

Originally posted by myblackrose
        Yayayayayay! Lots of fellow shippers!

Ooooh, now while I do have a lot of choice words to say about Chris Carter when it comes to Files, it is a lot more frustrationg to ship for Sam/Jack than it is to ship for Mulder/Scully... however, that man has no clue of continuity! *laughs hysterically* Scully had a 12 month pregnancy! Beat that! But yeah, CC did succumb in the end, although I've always loved this segment of an interview with David in which the interviewer is commenting on how he finally kissed Scully in Existence (they're obviously discounting Milennium) and David says "Well, she just had my baby, I figured I should..." LMAO! That's always been an in-joke with us anyway...

I honestly think my favourite ship is JAG though... oooh how I loves it...

*is getting drastically OT*

I rewatched 200 today! *happy grin* I was *looking* for ship, and you can see it, especally on Amanda's part... lots of smiles and whatnot

*sigh* I need more seasons on DVD!!!! I want to listen to the commentaries!

I hate when the write in kisses and shippy moments and then take them out... it would have been *so* well placed in BTS, whatever about any other episode... were they ever filmed at all or were they cut from the script beforehand? Some very tenacious X-Files fans got hold of a kiss that had supposedly never been filmed! There's always hope!

Ooooh… is the X-Files kiss on YouTube at all?

DON’T YOU SMILE AT ME LIKE THAT! THAT’S NOT EVEN A REAL SMILE! IT’S JUST A BUNCH OF TEETH PLAYING WITH MY MIND! Sig courtesy of AmberMoon… kneel before your God!

Comment

Originally posted by Katkin
          Ooooh… is the X-Files kiss on YouTube at all?
          I'm afriad the one I'm talking about is not... a lot of fans banded together and paid quite a bit for it on eBay so it's being passed around on DVD... just so that no one else can get a hold of it and charge huge amounts of money for it... the DVDs are only being charged at the cost of buying and mailing them...

Comment

We all have waited so long for RDA to come back and then in 200
            Spoiler:
            TPTB use him in skits where they only use his voice, and yet when we ask for just mentions of him when he isn't physically there, they can't do it? I don't get it. Significantly? That was significantly?
            Even though I have sent off letters to all concerned I have to admit I did it rather reluctantly only because I am so afraid that we are going to get more of the same. I don't want to be used yet again by TPTB to give them more time to do what they want when they don't give a hoot about Jack and Sam. I don't want a subtle resolution between Jack and Sam not after what we had to endure to get back to this point, I want a BHK and a verbal confirmation that they want to be together.

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
              We all have waited so long for RDA to come back and then in 200
              Spoiler:
              TPTB use him in skits where they only use his voice, and yet when we ask for just mentions of him when he isn't physically there, they can't do it? I don't get it. Significantly? That was significantly?
              Even though I have sent off letters to all concerned I have to admit I did it rather reluctantly only because I am so afraid that we are going to get more of the same. I don't want to be used yet again by TPTB to give them more time to do what they want when they don't give a hoot about Jack and Sam. I don't want a subtle resolution between Jack and Sam not after what we had to endure to get back to this point, I want a BHK and a verbal confirmation that they want to be together.
              TBH I wouldn't worry *hugely* about it... even the most reluctant shows *cough* The X-Files *cough* do have a ship resolution... looking at both shows through the years, SG has been more generous to shippers than Files ever was, although at least Mulder and Scully kissed in this reality

X-Files shippers despaired... BELIEVE me we despaired...of ever having a decent ship resolution at all, but we got it in the end... shows like to put characters together in the last episode because they're usually a) afraid of how to write the characters in an established relationship before then and b) afraid of what's known as the Moonlighting curse... referring to a show that crashed out when the UST between it's characters was finally resolved...

We know TPTB haven't forgotten the ship; 200 is most clear on that, especially considering the comments in the wedding scene on how long they've been waiting

As for how much of a resolution you get, yes I would worry about that... if they do a movie, then you're good, because romance is considered necessary for whatever reason, so unless they come up with something horiffic like Sam/Cam then we might get a good Sam/Jack resolution... if they end it comepletely at the 10th season, they may throw us a bone in the last episode, but probably not in the way that we hope... *sigh* Great, I've just discouraged myself!

Point is; I believe the implication will be there at the end, its the extent that's in question... a kiss? Maybe... A wedding? I doubt it...

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                Did Cameron actually say tonight
                Spoiler:
                that he didn't know that Sam knew how to use the staff weapon and the Zat?
                Instead of counting how many times he has been thru the gate, Cam ought to be counting how many times he says something stupid. It would be more than 200.
                Last edited by Rogue; 27 August 2006, 07:18 PM.
                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

The link didn't work yesterday, it was posted yesterday in the general discussion forum under "how do we save sg-1" thread. What's it saying they would have to go to England and wherever to have the show producted again and we in the US could only watch the new epi or mini series only through DVD productions.
                  OR...they could distribute it in Canada...It's already being filmed here anyways...

Comment

Originally posted by myblackrose
                    Some very tenacious X-Files fans got hold of a kiss that had supposedly never been filmed! There's always hope!
                    WHERE, WHERE????

Comment

Originally posted by Katkin
                      I looove Sally Reeve’s fic, Counterbalance. It focuses on the clone and there is a huge twist…
                      Oh yes, I have read that one... It was really excellent...
                      my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

Originally posted by SamO'Neill
                        Oh yes, I have read that one... It was really excellent...
                        Yeah, made me cry too...so much angst in there...but ohh so beautiful!!!

Comment

Most disconcerting to be under the Jack/Daniel slash thread…

Comment

The link didn't work yesterday, it was posted yesterday in the general discussion forum under "how do we save sg-1" thread. What's it saying they would have to go to England and wherever to have the show producted again and we in the US could only watch the new epi or mini series only through DVD productions.
                            Ugh! I don't want to wait for DVD! That would be almost as bad as waiting for a movie.

Personally, I think the Conan O'Brian campaign at www.savestargatesg1.com/ is a good idea. Conan O'Brian can really get things done and Pierre Bernard (see the link) was at the N.J. Stargate convention last year. (He was really cool, BTW.) This year the N.J. convention was moved from August to November, so if we could get Conan on board before the convention, he might do a segment on his show that night.

Of course, we still need to work the NBC angle first and foremost.

Comment

Originally posted by hope leslie hermnharry
                              WHERE, WHERE????
                              If you're a member of Idealist's Haven there's a thread about it there, but the list is closed for people wanting the DVDs and it'll be a good few months before it opens again... sorry!

Just to stay on topic:

Comment

***waves to Jafacakes***

I see you lurking down there so how was the holiday??? Had some fun...

to stay on topic...well a bit on topic...Sam and jack forever

and to end the question round I started 2 days ago...

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURIT SHIPPY MOMENT OF SEASON 3???

Comment

Working...
                                X