This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ancient 61
    Hi A report from the Comic Con. Words from Joe Mallozzi durung panels. I have a list of things that I am not supposed to talk about,and he went to mention many thinga we had seen in spoilers. Then with a "Grin" he startes to mention another, stop, and implies that trouble will insue if he mentions it.
    About the crossovers Joe Flanagan says that they have to be kept to a minimum.

Joanne
    (((Joanne))) Thanks for the update!!! Hmmmm, Joe M. starts to talk...stops...and my imagination may soar from what I read between your lines!!! If I'm wrong DON'T TELL ME, I am happy in my little fantasy world of Ship Hope!!!
    Last edited by nell; 23 July 2006, 10:24 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
      I think ratings are a bunch of baloney. Not everyone is a Nielsen family, right? So how can they really know who watches and who doesn't? How do they know I have three TVs on in my house with SG on? Or maybe I have 5 people crammed into my tiny little room, or perhaps I'm alone. They can't possibly know. So it bugs me that ratings are such a big deal when they are never truly accurate.
      Well, truth is TPTB must have some way of measuring viewer's TV choices and so they do so statistically by taking a sample from among the population of all viewers. Statistical samples are used in research for entertainment, medical, political and so forth. There is value to this method. However, the selection of the sample group and the consideration of intervening variables among other factors are important to measure for validity/reliability of the findings. **nell wonders if she is putting Shippers to sleep?**

BOTTOM LINE, like it or not, this may be the primary measure to rate a show's popularity and will have important implications for renewal decisions.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm glad Joe said that regarding crossovers.Once you start with crossovers it may be tough to stop.Both shows need to go their own way.I'm surprised JM has not been back on the Thread with the ratings being down.I think we could use a pep talk and I do not mean telling the Fans to watch.Ancient61 how about some hints?
        Last edited by ses110; 23 July 2006, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
          I'm glad Joe said that regarding crossovers.Once you start with crossovers it may be tough to stop.Both shows need to go their own way.I'm surprised JM has not been back on the Thread with the ratings being down.I think we could use a pep talk and I do not mean telling the Fans to watch.Ancient61 how about some hints?
          Joe did not say anything thar was not already in the spoilers about each episode. Except when he stoped without revealing any info. IMO his face said a lot.

Joanne

Comment

Was the topic Jack and Sam Ship when JM stopped? I'm confused?

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
              Guys----An interesting article from the Stargate News Thread:
              http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=622

Well, I didn't watch it live. (Just a plain old VCR) BTW, I haven't seen anyone mention this, but
              Spoiler:
              the Doctor on the planet (Reiners?) was Malaki from WOO.
              I haven't looked up the actor's name, but I'm sure it was him.

IMO, They're using RDA in SGA more than SG-1 for several reasons but the main one is called BB. He is supposed to be the main male character now so they don't want comparisons, unless they just had tiny scenes with Jack(which were terrible) like in the first S9 episodes. Also with so many characters in Atlantis it's easy to slip in another one. TTTT, I never figured out why they went to Atlantis in the first place and why they're staying, except to have a TV show.
              Last edited by Gatetrixer; 23 July 2006, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Hi Gatetrixer.I mentioned the other day about
                Spoiler:
                the Dr.It just drives me crazy when I see the same Actor play two different characters on the same Show.I also agree with the reason TPTB are using RDA more on Atlantis.Mitchell pales in comparision to Jack.I do not want Atlantis but it does sound like they have too many characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                  Sure, O'Neill isn't in the show at the moment, but they left the relationship between the two hanging at the end of season 8, and from what I felt, it seemed like they were on the cusp of really starting a relationship. From the woman Jack was seeing leaving him and letting HIM know what he's known in his heart for so long, to the kiss in Mobius (yes I know it was in the past, but it was still sparks!), everything was pointing at the relationship starting.

In season 9, some NID guy who likes her asked if she were seeing someone and her reply was "Sort of" or something to that affect, but didn't go into it. I believe that someone is...

O'Neill. They aren't writing about it, but I'm telling you - she's seeing him.
                  I'd like to thank the mods for burying my thread.

Comment

Acc. to RDAnderson.com and straight from RDA's mouth to the webmaster RDA has finished filming(in June) all his SG appearances. So , my conjecture here,when would be the second SG-1 appearance and how extensive could it be? Makes me wonder.

No talks with him about future appearances, though open to the possibility. But would assess this against his present life. (not sure if this openness sounds that high but that's just MO)

Also said he wasn't going to go to the Pasadena doings at first, but then did go (with his daughter).

He will be
                    Spoiler:
                    swimming in the SGA 2 parter.

Think someone directed people to this info before, but thought I'd post a bit of it.

Comment

Two days ago I recommended a fic by Nanda. Hope someone enjoyed it.

Doen't anyone know when Heliopolis and StargateBrats (also known as "Screw the Regs") will be back?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                        Doen't anyone know when Heliopolis and StargateBrats (also known as "Screw the Regs") will be back?
                        The S/J NC-17 archive has been copied to http://www.samandjackalways.net/index.php and new stories will now be posted there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500
                          Fingerships! I love that!

For Season 1 I had perfect visual playback in my memory (I have a photographic memory) as I rewatched a lot of these recently writing Aftershocks.

I admit my method of writing fanfic is to first sit down and compile a 'bible' of the episodes with notes on the characters and their personal development and the development of the relationships between them (or lack of) in each after watching each epi. As you can imagine this took some time for Stargate! So, yes, I did have much of the info squirrelled away but I didn't anticipate it taking quite so long to extract.

I think it might have been simpler to say 'every scene where Jack and Sam are together and every scene where they're not together but worrying about the other one'; a more succinct version of the shippy moments list!

Now I understand how you manage to write your fics so well. You really know the characters inside out don't you! Not being a writer of any description (unless semi-coherent posts count ) I had no idea of the depth of research that goes into writing the characters accurately, while still developing them and creating a good story. I take my hat off to writers everywhere!

You've also inadvertantly set me challenge I'm gonna have to watch all the eps you've marked down as having no ship and see if I can find any! Even if I have to borrow Sam's magnifying glass!
                          sigpic

Comment

Here's something for Ship Day:
                            sigpic

Comment

Hum...I was just thinking...
                              Spoiler:
                              We know nothing about RDA's second appearance. Why? Is something big going to happen? Now, we know Daniel gets priorized, so he could be coming back for that reason. But I hold onto hope that he and Sam will get together, or are already together. At this point, I wouldn't mind which one. I wonder if they will begin dropping hints of what will happen in his second ep. They let a bomb drop with the whole Daniel's a prior thing. I'm just very curious to see what RDA will be doing in his second ep. And it better be something good.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                                I didn't read it but you're putting it good together so
                                Spoiler:
                                I really hope they won't give us some second Wormhole X-Treme crap. I really didn't like that one for a 100th. Hope we'll get some itsy tiny bit of seriousness even if it doesn't mean the wedding scene we're all expecting!
                                I agree with you, Liz. I didn't like WX at *all*, found it stupid, not funny, and a waste of what should have been a monumentally important episode in the series. The fact that they're revisiting that episode for #200 is dismaying to me. (I think that TIIC are doing it solely for themselves, because *they* were entertained by it, even if the fans were not. They seem to really enjoy laughing at their own jokes.) I sure hope they find some way to make it less a piece of garbage than #100 was.

And that's how I really feel. <g>
                                - Mary
                                SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                                Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Working...
                                X