Clear All

Originally posted by littlebluestring
    a girl and a guy can just be friends,
    but at one point they will fall for each other,

maybe temporarily...

maybe at the wrong time....

maybe too late...

or maybe FOREVER.

(Sam and Jack? Which one are they or are they none...)
    Love this, littlebluestring! It's so bottom line, spot on true!

P.S.: They're the FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      i'm not sure if this has been posted yet/already, but here's a snippet of a carmen/jacob interview.

thanks to nearlycircular for posting it at the sam's a great character thread.

~~~

<from the official Stargate magazine>

This part is from an interview with Carmen Argenziano

FAMILY MATTERS

In the episode Grace Sam's subconscious, via Jacob, guides her romantically toward Jack. Fans discovered recently her having a more involved history with fellow Tok'ra, Martouf, in Ripple Effect but Argenziano reveals he prefers Daniel for her. "Oh, I love Martouf [JR Bourne]. [But] there's a sincerity about Daniel, a well- meaningness,” he explains, “and also he’s a scientist, he doesn't have time to mess around. Jack would be a little too roguish, Peter Pan-ish. I don’t think Jack was ready to settle down. I don't know if Jack will ever be ready to settle down," he laughs. "Jack is more of a... not a 'near-do-well' but he's a... I don't want to use that word that keeps popping into my head," Argenziano admits laughing. "I simply think that Sam would have been happier with Daniel as far as being a better father and a better husband than Jack."

~~~

my thoughts?

carmen sounds just like a dad! he doesn't understand how a woman would *want* a rogue (which jack deliciously is to me). he wants sam to settle down with someone nice and gentle and very much like her (not all parts, though, because sam's got that wild side to her).

but what i really liked was the end, where he mentioned about sam being happier with daniel being a father and husband.

uh, was there some kind of HINT going on there for where sam and jack are headed?

you never know... squees at the possibilities

sally

THANKS, SALLY!!!
      SQUEE!!!
      sigpic

Comment

"I simply think that Sam would have been happier with Daniel as far as being a better father and a better husband than Jack."
        I think Jack would make an excellent father. I mean, have you seen him with kids? As far as being a husband, I think he'd do anything to make Sam happy. But yeah, talking like a typical dad.

Comment

PR, I'm still enjoying my Shipper card. I may use it for my GW badge at Shore Leave!!!
          Last edited by nell; 16 June 2006, 07:59 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

I agree 1000 percent.I always shake my head at that Carmen interview.That interview makes me hope for a Sam/Jack bedroom scene that will leave no doubt in all these Sam/Other Shippers minds.I know everyone has a right to their opinion but come back to us Carmen.IMO Sam and Daniel are the classic Brother and Sister or Best Friends.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
              IMO Sam and Daniel are the classic Brother and Sister or Best Friends.
              I agree 100%!

Comment

I agree 1000 percent.I always shake my head at that Carmen interview.That interview makes me hope for a Sam/Jack bedroom scene that will leave no doubt in all these Sam/Other Shippers minds.I know everyone has a right to their opinion but come back to us Carmen.IMO Sam and Daniel are the classic Brother and Sister or Best Friends.
                Dare I ask Carmen to elaborate when I meet him at Shore Leave? Maybe he knows some concepts that were being considered before his character's demise!! **fingers crossed**
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                  http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/nellbyparadoxrealities.jpg

PR, I'm still enjoying my Shipper card. I may use it for my GW badge at Shore Leave!!!
                  what is with you guys and thinking you're NOT supposed to use them at Shore Leave?! short answer: yes. thank you <big goofy grin>
                  sigpic
                  "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                  Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

i'm not sure if this has been posted yet/already, but here's a snippet of a carmen/jacob interview.

thanks to nearlycircular for posting it at the sam's a great character thread.

~~~

<from the official Stargate magazine>

This part is from an interview with Carmen Argenziano

FAMILY MATTERS

In the episode Grace Sam's subconscious, via Jacob, guides her romantically toward Jack. Fans discovered recently her having a more involved history with fellow Tok'ra, Martouf, in Ripple Effect but Argenziano reveals he prefers Daniel for her. "Oh, I love Martouf [JR Bourne]. [But] there's a sincerity about Daniel, a well- meaningness,” he explains, “and also he’s a scientist, he doesn't have time to mess around. Jack would be a little too roguish, Peter Pan-ish. I don’t think Jack was ready to settle down. I don't know if Jack will ever be ready to settle down," he laughs. "Jack is more of a... not a 'near-do-well' but he's a... I don't want to use that word that keeps popping into my head," Argenziano admits laughing. "I simply think that Sam would have been happier with Daniel as far as being a better father and a better husband than Jack."

~~~

my thoughts?

carmen sounds just like a dad! he doesn't understand how a woman would *want* a rogue (which jack deliciously is to me). he wants sam to settle down with someone nice and gentle and very much like her (not all parts, though, because sam's got that wild side to her).

but what i really liked was the end, where he mentioned about sam being happier with daniel being a father and husband.

uh, was there some kind of HINT going on there for where sam and jack are headed?

you never know... squees at the possibilities

sally
                    I find it interesting that it said it was Jacob in Sam's subconscious that guided her to Jack, when I thought that in Grace, Jacob's hallucination had guided her away from Jack and towards trying to meet someone new (and we all know who that turned out to be). Of course, then in Threads Jacob comments mirrored his Grace words so much I realized (with help) that it was Sam misinterpreting her subconscious.

Comment

I though the same thing.It sounds like Carmen wants the Sam character to be bored to tears by having Sam with Daniel.Talk about no heat.I think this is the same interview that had Carmen talk about the Jack character like he was a loser.IMO Sam and Daniel together is just plain wrong.

Comment

I though the same thing.I sounds like Carmen wants the Sam character to be bored to tears by having Sam with Daniel.Talk about no heat.I think this is the same interview that had Carmen talk about the Jack character like he was a loser.
                        I guess Jack is the kind of guy dads don't want their daughters to fall for. But we all know Jacob liked Jack and Jack liked Jacob. Jack's a great guy and definitely not a loser!

Comment

I though the same thing.It sounds like Carmen wants the Sam character to be bored to tears by having Sam with Daniel.Talk about no heat.I think this is the same interview that had Carmen talk about the Jack character like he was a loser.IMO Sam and Daniel together is just plain wrong.
                          no, this was a new one, ses. and this time, rda/jack wsn't treated like an old, stinky pair of shoes!

in all honesty, i could see sam and daniel being happy together, but it was never written to be shippy between them, and i've never seen the actors give off shippy elements in their scenes together.

BUT with sam/jack, it's been shippy from the get-go!

*sighs dreamily*

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

It can't hurt.Unless he starts going on again about Sam and Daniel.Then I suggest you run away.I always liked the Jacob character and this will sound strange but that interview makes it hard to remember the character in a good light.If I remember right Carmen came off to me as bashing the Jack character Like Jack is the worst guy for Sam.

Comment

Just a couple of quick observations from episodes that I've watched recently.

'Proving Ground'

Just a quick observation: those two can flirt over the most interesting things, in this case evaluations over the four possible recruits. It's also the source of that lovely smile as she said "Colonel" (the cap of which has been posted here previously).

'48 Hours'

I think I have a new favourite non-shippy moment (I know, I'll probably keep changing my mind as I watch--or rewatch--more episodes). When Sam and Siler have taken the main control crystal out of the DHD and were ready to turn the Gate on, Jack asked Sam if she she was sure she wanted to be there (in the Gateroom). As it was a general question, Siler was the one who replied "Not really, sir." I love Jack's pointed reply. "I wasn't talking to you!"

Way to keep it under the radar, Jack.

Comment

Thanks Sally.I though it might have been the same interview.I'm glad I'm not the only one who though Carmen ripped up the Jack character.I can see your point about Sam and Daniel being happy but no where near as happy as Sam and Jack.I just see Sam and Daniel being so focused on work and forgetting to have fun while Jack would make sure Sam had fun.I doubt Sam would ever be bored with Jack.Jack and Sam having differences would help.I just hope Sam and Jack get togehter this year so there is no chance for any Sam/Other Ship.

Comment

Working...
                                X