This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chelle db
    LOL!!! I'll hold you to that!! You know it is possible for Netu to freeze over if they have an ice age and just strap a ballistic missile to the back of a pig and it'll fly!! As for RDA - you never know!!! Besides, you might meet a fella by the name of Robert David Alderman or something like that!!! You really left that one open for interpretation!!! WooHoo...can I be bridesmaid? LOL!!
    Da! I thought I had everything covered! Bridesmaid? Sure! The whole shipper family can come! The ice sculptures will be sculpted from Netuian ice, the pig will roast and be dinner, and Robert will be such a special guy if he wants to marry me!!

Comment

LOL!!! I'll hold you to that!! You know it is possible for Netu to freeze over if they have an ice age and just strap a ballistic missile to the back of a pig and it'll fly!! As for RDA - you never know!!! Besides, you might meet a fella by the name of Robert David Alderman or something like that!!! You really left that one open for interpretation!!! WooHoo...can I be bridesmaid? LOL!!

Very First image of "Robert David Alderman" on google search:

Seems the man's gonna be a multi-talented guy, prepared for and and all eventualities! Quite a catch
      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
        Da! I thought I had everything covered! Bridesmaid? Sure! The whole shipper family can come! The ice sculptures will be sculpted from Netuian ice, the pig will roast and be dinner, and Robert will be such a special guy if he wants to marry me!!
        Cool - I'll be there with bells on and all!!! I'll even bring a Pav for dessert!!
        What we need to do is organise a hens night!!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam

Seems the man's gonna be a multi-talented guy, prepared for and and all eventualities! Quite a catch
          Oh, does he have Halloween candy? I love candy. He'll share. He has too. I'm his wife.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam

LOL!!! He's so darn cute!! Dang it...I'm already married so LA can definitely have him!!
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Oh, does he have Halloween candy? I love candy. He'll share. He has too. I'm his wife.

Of course he's got candy, he's prepped for anything! Even a *gasp* wife. And if he's ready for that, not only does he have candy, he also has CAKE

LOL!!! He's so darn cute!! Dang it...I'm already married so LA can definitely have him!!
              Awww, you're already married? Bummer! It must be so hard trying to get over mr "RDA" when he's such a fabulous person... and a looker!

*with cake*
              The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Cool - I'll be there with bells on and all!!! I'll even bring a Pav for dessert!!
                What we need to do is organise a hens night!!
                Of course! We'll watch all the shippy Stargate moments(and hope Robert measures up)! It'll be great!
                Do you think he'll be jealous of my other RDA?

Comment

Still 10 pages to go to catch up - and I was here less than 24 hrs ago Ahhhh it's like the good old days! When I first joined there were more than 10 pages every single day! Just goes to show the power of RDA and AT. Put them in the same room and the 'world goes nuts

Gonna have to finish the catch-up later - I expect 15 pages by then

And I'll have a think about my fave shippy moment before I come back ...... * oma toddles off grumbling ..... how can I possibly pick one?????? Entity, Grace, DK, LC, BTS, ITLOD, WOO, D&C, Metamorphosis, .......*
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                    I think the problem was the writing of it. I've not seem the last episode of JAG even though I've heard what happened but on the X-Files all we ever got were poorly lit kisses, Scully getting dressed in Mulder's apartment with NO explanation whatsoever and then an out-of-the-blue "I'm pregnant!". That was the point I stopped watching, mostly because Mulder left. The nature of Mulder and Scully's relationship suggested to me that if it ever happened it would be a sudden reaction with some kind of major emotional catalyst or life-changing event like one of them nearly dying or one of them leaving or after a huge argument.

There were plenty of other opportunities that would have made the shippers very happy (e.g. the hallway scene from the movie without the bee, an "If he's right then who are you in love with?" missing scene from 'Milagro', a continuation of the baseball scene with a BHK from 'The Unnatural' etc. etc. maybe even 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' - too cheesy? Perhaps )

Jack and Sam are nothing like Mulder and Scully anyway or Harm and Mac for that matter. There's no confusion about their feelings and no denial now, it's just a case of not wanting to throw their careers away that's stopping them. As soon as it's legal they will be willing to do something about it.

Let's just cross our fingers and hope the writers get it right this time round!

From what I can gather and from observation, JAG was perilously close to not having that resolution in the last episode. DJE was leaving and TPTB were trying to decide whether to go on without him, which is why IMO they had Mattie get hurt and then her (real) father succomb to alcoholism again. So then they would have had a reason for Harm not to be there if JAG went for another season= taking care of Mattie. But JAG did end, there was a hurried up ship resolution (and hurried up everything)and the Mattie thing was left up in the air. Now I can't read anyone's mind and maybe I've observed wrong, but that's my opinion. However, some nice kissage, anyway (and possibly stuff out of sight).

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                      Not too long at all! And I agree, I wouldn't want to waste time with a wedding onscreen either. That takes up at least 10 minutes of an episode and that's with no background to it (highly unbelievable). I'd settle for RLBHK.

i want the wedding! i want the marriage! i want them to be together and have a family! i want the whole nine yards!!

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        i want the wedding! i want the marriage! i want them to be together and have a family! i want the whole nine yards!!
                        sally
                        I'd want the marriage too. But I wouldn't want it to feel rushed or anything. Like maybe they got together in season 10 and if there was a season 11, then they could get married. IMO, it would be weird for them to jump right into marriage after 9 years of UST. They've got to see what it's like just being Jack and Sam before they rush into a wedding. They don't seem like the type to dive head first into something. Think about Sam and her failed relationships, and Jack's a pretty guarded fellow. Test the waters before jumping in.

Comment

Of course! We'll watch all the shippy Stargate moments(and hope Robert measures up)! It'll be great!
                          Do you think he'll be jealous of my other RDA?
                          Of course he'll be jealous...that's what husbands do!!!
                          They're always threatened by other alpha males....even when that other male is just a fantasy and lives a million miles away and there's no hope in hell that he would even so much as look at you! I'm pitiful...I know.
                          At least there's hope for you LA! I'm sure Robert will measure up - and if he doesn't, you'd still be available for the other RDA!! Sounds like we'll have a blast at the hens night watching the shippy moments but what food and drinks shall I bring?
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            sally

They could make a whole new spin off all about Jack and Sam and life after the SGC. Then we could get the whole nine yards and more!!! I'll volunteer and play a relative at the wedding and then I could guest star every now and then as the kids auntie who looks after them when Jack and Sam go to work.
                            A girl can only dream....can't she????
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

They could make a whole new spin off all about Jack and Sam and life after the SGC. Then we could get the whole nine yards and more!!! I'll volunteer and play a relative at the wedding and then I could guest star every now and then as the kids auntie who looks after them when Jack and Sam go to work.
                              A girl can only dream....can't she????

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                                ahem...the M is a primate. and (to your privious post) have you seen ripple effect yet? what's your take on that?
                                'Ripple Effect' was the last episode I saw. I liked the episode okay
                                Spoiler:
                                loved seeing Janet again, and even Martouf.

I think they wasted having Martouf there, though. As funny as the interrupted kiss came off (and yes, I know that's not to everyone's taste...), there was an oportunity for real closure there that they didn't take.

I don't think that Sam is easily influenced by what she carries of Jolinar, but given the history with Martouf and how that ended, plus the revelations that Martouf had (ie being involved with her in the other reality), the almost kiss was realistic. At least to me. What it needed was a little apology somewhere about it getting so far (and a mention that Sam's with Jack! ...sorry)

That's how I feel about it, anyway.

Could someone PM me with the translation of that acronym please?

Comment

Working...
                                X