This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmberLM
    Ya now, it's really funny, my mum once told me that when I graduate she's expecting me to produce, write and direct the best sci-fi/cop/forensics TV show ever so that she'll have something good to watch when Stargate, Law and Order and CSI have ended - lol, I'm studying Environmental Science! My mum thinks I've missed my calling in life; she thinks I should be a director or producer or a script checker or something like that. Sadly, as much as I love my fave TV shows I don't think they'll ever make me any money!
    well i say if ya love it then give it a shot. i finally built up the courage to study what i really wanted to do a few years ago. i just graduated with a diploma in film production. now all i have to do is get up off my lazy butt and make another short film.
    i've decided not to go on for the degree yet as i'm not ready to move to another country for a year but i might do it next year if i'm ready and if i haven't started a career as a director/editor/producer/whatever. i'd love to be a writer too, but my scripts suck beyond belief. i'm a terrible writer. sucks because i do enjoy it.

its funny for me too, 'cause my mam was always trying to convince me to go into anything else. "you're good with animals, would ya not get a job in a vets", "you should study psychology, you'd be good at that", "why don't ye get a job workin' with kids, you're good with kids", and the list goes on. science, social work, acting, medicine, blah blah blah.

well, um.... so... sam and jack, huh? cute couple.

yeah, so there was some discussion a bit back about sam and jack and marriage. in affinity when she was discussing the idea of marriage she seemed to think that marriage and parenthood were inevitably joined. and i do think that she would like to have kids, especially with jack. and i'd say that even though he is very vulnerable and lacking in confidence about it, i think jack would like to have kids with her too. so i would say that they would both want marriage.

i wouldn't complain if, after the tv show ended, they have kids (or even just in fanfic) without being married, but i think marriage would be on the cards eventually. i just don't necessarily want to see the wedding on screen. i'd be damn happy if they mentioned it on the show, i just don't want to actually see a tv wedding. see? i can be on topic! really, i can.

Comment

I have a feeling that if my hobby became a job then it would no longer be fun and interesting. Besides, if I (somehow) turned my ship addiction into a career, what would I have as a hobby. eh? Nah, I think I'll stick to "tree hugging and saving the whales" as my family affectionately call it!

Thanks for the advice tho!

Besides, if they did an onscreen wedding they'd need to use the dress from POV otherwise it would seem strange and they sold that at GABIT last year! I'd love to know if someone actually bought it for a wedding, it was such a beautiful dress!
      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

strange as this may sound, i still love film and tv at least as much as i did before, probably even more so. i also love directing and editing. i know its (hopefully) going to be my job, but i still love it, and hopefully will continue to love it. when things go well, its really very rewarding. and its so amazing to look at a finished film and think "i had a big role in making this exist". there's a certain sense of detatchment and not knowing how good it is because you've been so involved in it, but its still the best choice i've ever made IMO. even if my career doesn't work out, i'm glad i've tried.

and as for the dress, that is probably the most perfect wedding dress i've seen. it was perfect for sam (well, at least for AU sam, ours would need the long hair i think). i love that pic. i'd have loved to see the behind the scenes for when they had to do that. i've heard about it from at in a commentary, but i'd still love to see it.

didn't know they sold that dress at GABIT. very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
          strange as this may sound, i still love film and tv at least as much as i did before, probably even more so. i also love directing and editing. i know its (hopefully) going to be my job, but i still love it, and hopefully will continue to love it. when things go well, its really very rewarding. and its so amazing to look at a finished film and think "i had a big role in making this exist". there's a certain sense of detatchment and not knowing how good it is because you've been so involved in it, but its still the best choice i've ever made IMO. even if my career doesn't work out, i'm glad i've tried.

and as for the dress, that is probably the most perfect wedding dress i've seen. it was perfect for sam (well, at least for AU sam, ours would need the long hair i think). i love that pic. i'd have loved to see the behind the scenes for when they had to do that. i've heard about it from at in a commentary, but i'd still love to see it.

didn't know they sold that dress at GABIT. very cool.
          Yeah, I was *this* close to it! When I spotted it next to the other costumes I just stood and stared at it for about 10 minutes until my mum came over and said "What's so interesting about that dress?!?" I was like "Mum! Oh, come on, it's Sam's wedding dress. *THE* wedding dress! Don't you like it?" She just rolled her eyes at me and announced that she wasn't paying £1,500 (!!!) for a dress that would never fit me in a million years! (Yeah, as if we could afford that much anyway!)

Comment

Anyway, I must tear myself away from here and get some sleep *yawns* Good night and shippy dreams everyone! xx

Comment

I just watched death knell, and even though i've seen it hundreds of times I still can't get over how cute they look together.

oh well i can't get the images to work but you know what i mean.

Comment

Anyways I'm depressing myself now so here are some more caps:

"Jack, honey, do you remember how we discussed that store rooms are off limits whilst we're on base?"
                "But what if I need... pencils?"
                "Jack, you do *not* want to go in there with me to look for stationary!"

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                  ow come on no wedding... You know how many weddings end in divorce... way to much so better let them be togheter and no married.
                  I really like them the way the are and if they would be married, everything would change and I don't want that.
                  Or am I the only one who doesn't want them to get married...(well maybe I am just to realistic to know that would end bad)
                  Call me old-fashioned, but they should definitely get married. I think it would work out great for them.

Comment

Trupi: To celebrate your 2,000th post,
                    the picture you most enjoy viewing!!!

* Sigh..... *

+ =

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Carter
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi-bO4uPbIA

WOO HOO!!! I've uploaded my first ever video (well, its not the first one i made, just the first one i've uploaded!)

Its the one i told ya all about the other day, 'The Greatest Reward' by Celine Dion.

Let me know what you think!!!
                      Great job! I've made a video to that song too, and I find it interesting that we only used the same clip in the same spot about 4 or 5 times. Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                        Call me old-fashioned, but they should definitely get married. I think it would work out great for them.
                        I totally agree! Having someone to talk to after a hard day at the office/off world. Someone that gets the whole work priority thing.

Psst...going on 18 yrs with my AF hubby and still going strong.

New slogan
                        U.S. Air Force- "A great place to meet guys!"(ducking out of radar range)
                        Rocketgal

Comment

i was watching divide and conquer last night and i remember in the commentary that martin wood said there where lines meant to be said in the scene where jack and sam are looking longingly at each other with the force-field between them. just wondering if anyone knows what those lines were?
                          Insert Witty Remark Here

Comment

Whew! Finally caught up! This thread moved fast today! My best friend was over and we were watching a Stargate vid and my mom came in. She just smiled and asked my friend if I'd gotten her addicted too. And of course, yes was the answer! There was such shippy talk going on today at my house!

Comment

Anyways I'm depressing myself now so here are some more caps:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...tte/dsfb10.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ette/grace.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...crifices15.jpg
                              "Jack, honey, do you remember how we discussed that store rooms are off limits whilst we're on base?"
                              "But what if I need... pencils?"
                              "Jack, you do *not* want to go in there with me to look for stationary!"

Spoiler:
                              Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

off - topic .... when and where are shippers going to meet in London ... if I am in that side of the pond at that time, may I join in ... you can PMme if you prefer ..TY

Comment

Working...
                                X