• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
    Possibly it was pointed out to TPTB that his
    Spoiler:
    new position would require at least two stars,
    or they thought that it would, so voila!. My previous post was not to say that fiction, esp. sci-fi, should go by the rules of real life, just to say that it's not always possible to reconcile all we are given on shows like this with what would really happen. In RL, acc. to book I'm reading, officers are on a track to promotion,and have to tread carefully to stay on that track, and a lot of things can derail it. BTW, Jack is on a whirlwind of
    Spoiler:
    career changes, isn't he, in three years he has gone from head of SGC,to head of Homeworld Security, to retirement (squee)
    (if the spoilers are to be believed)? Some GWthreads think the AF advising is no more

Just to throw in something a tiny bit relevant to fictional TV, I was amused by a poster in a JAG discussion who said he was somewhat familiar with real JAG, and "they don't look like Harm and Mac."

Now that I think about it I don't think they are advising anymore. Which makes me wonder why they couldn't have stopped advising around, oh say Season 4?

I read an article in TV Guide a few years ago and they talked to a real JAG officer who said they wished their job was as exciting as Harm and Mac's!

A quick note. I have been working on a S/J fic and I now have a poll going on in my LiveJournal about the name of Cassie's baby. I'd really appreciate it if some people voted! I have only one vote and I really need the help in deciding! If you don't have a LJ and want to vote then just PM me!

Spoiler:
    Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Okay...popping in to say that as of some time next week I will be internet-less for several weeks

We're moving to a brand new house, and as yet, the buidling certificate hasn't been issued...this means that the TV and Internet company can't reconnect us for a while.

So while I'm away...I may actually finish some S/J fics!!!!!!!
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
        Jack's question about the "dearly beloved ambassador"i.e Joe, surely wasn't just about differences of opinion about the Aschen, but also jealousy. Notice the shippy music at one point. I've read a number of fics where Sam, ahem, stays a bit later at the cabin, but only one that addresses what happened previously to send Sam into the arms of Joe and Jack an embittered man to his cabin.
        Yeah, I think I've read the one you mentionned about what happened previously.
        I would have loved to know what really happened if only TPTB cared about telling us!
        Anyway, Joe isn't a problem anymore since 2001. It's all Sam's black widow curse fault!

About the curse, there are only two men we know about who survived it: Pete and Jack!

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky
          I would have loved to know what really happened if only TPTB cared about telling us!
          Anyway, Joe isn't a problem anymore since 2001. It's all Sam's black widow curse fault!

About the curse, there are only two men we know about who survived it: Pete and Jack!

But if you think about it...Jack has died many, many times!

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky

Maybe that's why Sam stayed with Pete so long. Subconsciously, she was using him as an experiment; when he survived she knew that she was cured and that she could have a relationship with Jack without him dying.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
              Okay...popping in to say that as of some time next week I will be internet-less for several weeks

We're moving to a brand new house, and as yet, the buidling certificate hasn't been issued...this means that the TV and Internet company can't reconnect us for a while.

We'll miss you SueKay, but I look forward to reading the fics!
              sigpic
              Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

You might make a dent in that very long list you have! Good Luck! We'll miss you!

Spoiler:

Comment

We will miss you and look forward to reading your S/J fics!!!

Comment

We'll miss you but yeah for the fics!!! for you!

Comment

Have fun moving into your new house. You'll be miss in the mean time but I'm looking forward to reading some finished fanfics. lol. Maybe I could take a leap out of your books not moving house but finishing off my fanfic lol. Well good luck with that and see you when your back on line again.
                      the best formular
                      (+)x(+)=
                      proud member of ship ship hooray special Ops team

Comment

Good luck with it all!
                        always and forever
                        My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                        My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Heya

((((HUGS)))))

I'll probably be internet-less from Tuesday, so I'm gonna save a bunch of shippy pics to my computer, as well as making sure I've got the latest chapters of all of my fics on the comp...I'll probably go to my local library and post stuff from there.

Right now I've got over 20 works in progress...so feel free to tell me which ones you'd like to see completed!

http://www.fanfiction.net/~suekay04

thankies!!!
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

actions speaks louders than words

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X