Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just seen 'Collateral Damage' and 'Ripple Effect' and I have a few questions/thoughts to share.

'Collateral Damage'... it's just a little observation...
    Spoiler:
    Was it just me, or did Sam seem a little close to Mitchell? It gave me a strange feeling. By the way, when did she start calling him Cam? Or did she call him that all along?

'Ripple Effect'
    Spoiler:
    I guess the "shippy" bits was the fact that it kept getting alluded to the AU Sams being with someone we think is Jack? (Although it looked as though the first AU Sam and Mitchell were involved).

So how do you explain the almost kiss between Sam and AU Martouf? I liked how it was the Asgard that interrupted! (what was his name again?) I agree with Daniel, I miss Thor!

Actually, I wonder how much of this post is actually on topic?

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
      Thanks for all the congrats, Shippers! It's just a request for a full manuscript and not a guarantee of publication. Though since it's my first request, I'm a little excited about it! Okay, much more than a little. The request came from Ellora's Cave Publishing. They publish sexy erotic romances. My fan fiction qualifies so I submitted something.

I have two other proposals in the works, one for Harlequin Intrigue and one I haven't decided who to send to yet!

And no, I haven't had time to write fan fiction. I've been busy with writing and helping to organize a new chapter of Romance Writers of America, Diamond State Romance Authors. We had an organization meeting on April 15th and recieved our official recognition from National yesterday. The same day I received the request from Ellora's Cave. It was an exciting day. Today we met for our first "official" meeting of DSRA. So far we have 18 members, including several multi-published authors. Gina Wilkins, who has written 85 books for Harlequin, joined today. Woo hoo!

I haven't forgotten my fan fic fans or the Shipper Family. I lurk regularly to keep track of you! You guys are the reason I'm writing original fiction. Without your encouragement and feedback, I would never have attempted it! And somebody was kind enough to nominate me for the Stargate Fan Awards even though I haven't written anything in a while!

And Tame is right! There are so many talented fic writers out there and such a market for good original fiction. The internet has opened a whole new realm for new writers. Ebooks, which Ellora's Cave publishes, has made it easier for new writers to catch a break. If you've ever thought about writing for publication, do it! It's not easy balancing the real life with writing but it's so worth it!

*hugs to all* I'm off to do some more revisions. I'm under a deadline to an editor! That sounds so cool!!
      Lov' ya and fingers crossed!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
        He doesn't hold it. I think that is from Forsaken when he's looking at another pic. She just made that pic the POV pic!
        You get a green for that I was looking for some shippy scenes in Forsaken

(Oh look at those arms, maybe I should post this in the Thunk thread)
        Um, what was I talking about? oh yes, as soon as I saw Jack holding the photo, I new what I had to do, especially after reading the Honeymoon post.
        So blame sugarshaker for the cofussion

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong
          I've just seen 'Collateral Damage' and 'Ripple Effect' and I have a few questions/thoughts to share.

Spoiler:
          Was it just me, or did Sam seem a little close to Mitchell? It gave me a strange feeling. By the way, when did she start calling him Cam? Or did she call him that all along?

'Ripple Effect'
          Spoiler:
          I guess the "shippy" bits was the fact that it kept getting alluded to the AU Sams being with someone we think is Jack? (Although it looked as though the first AU Sam and Mitchell were involved).

So how do you explain the almost kiss between Sam and AU Martouf? I liked how it was the Asgard that interrupted! (what was his name again?) I agree with Daniel, I miss Thor!

Actually, I wonder how much of this post is actually on topic?
          'Collateral Damage'
          Spoiler:
          No, Mitchell was too close to Sam

'Ripple Effect'
          Spoiler:
          I have dismissed that near kiss, that's just TPTB yanking our chains LOL. I have a cool pair of shippy glasses on. Or you could blame Jolinar.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
            IMHO the most hallowed shippy words would have to be come 'ere. If Jack utters that phrase, be prepared to squee. Unless it's to someone else. Then be prepared to sick the penguins on him. Or are they reserved for TPTB?
            I would so agree... C'mere is the single most, send shivers down my spine word the man could utter. I think Always would be second. And OH THE SHIPPY LOOKS WE COULD TALK ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

S

Comment

Spoiler:
              Spoiler:
              waaaaaay too close. not sure about "cam", but she called him "cameron" in Av1. i think TPTB are trying to endear mitchell to us by making sam like him. (why would that make me like him? :grabs shipper cookie

'Ripple Effect'
              Spoiler:
              Spoiler:
              of course it was about jack! would teal'c, daniel, and janet look that happy if it wasn't? PDL did the rest, it wasn't what RCC *brownie points* meant.

Spoiler:
              Spoiler:
              i vote that it was set up by TPTB to be funny (asgard interrupts) and i think it was jolinar. does go to show that all asgard are shippers though!!
              sigpic
              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

*waving*

Mornin' Bev and shippers!

Comment

OK,
                  So - I've been thinkin'. If I could go to the RDA/AT con...what should I put on my con badge? What would you do?

S

Comment

What you haven't booked the flights either?

Comment

No, uh....really, we were going to tell everybody....but those dang PTB...

Comment

It's just so nice to see this:
                        Spoiler:

Jeez...I'm just not sure anymore if Grace is still in spoilers or not...I'm thinkin' not...but just in case

Comment

This indeed is one of my favorite shippy looks....

S

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                            Spoiler:
                            i vote that it was set up by TPTB to be funny (asgard interrupts) and i think it was jolinar. does go to show that all asgard are shippers though!!
                            Spoiler:
                            I also think it was Jolinar's feelings, added to that Sam feeling guilty that she had to kill him 5 years ago. And IIRC, when Martouf was still alive, she was a little confused about what she might be feeling for him. She didn't really know which were hers and which were Jolinar's.

Comment

RE presented me with a lovely new game. Label the Shippers
                              set one doesn't sam look horrified? (((sam)))
                              set two the gaurd has $100 in the SGC betting pool.
                              sigpic
                              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky
                                Spoiler:
                                I also think it was Jolinar's feelings, added to that Sam feeling guilty that she had to kill him 5 years ago. And IIRC, when Martouf was still alive, she was a little confused about what she might be feeling for him. She didn't really know which were hers and which were Jolinar's.
                                Spoiler:
                                Jolinar is still part of Sam; physically, mentally and emotionally. I don't think anyone can blame her for a moment of confusion.

I very much doubt that Jack would.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X