This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buc252
    Actually, from a purely mercenary POV (like TIIC), it makes a world of sense. S/J shippers are quite likely *not* watching Atlantis. What is the one way to get them to watch? Put Sam and Jack on Atlantis. In much the same way that Jack/RDA was on the Atlantis pilot, it's a way for them to try to get the SG1 fans to cross over to Atlantis who aren't already. And, when it comes down to it, nobody who watches it already will quit just 'cause Sam and Jack are there.

I don't agree, but when you consider that all TPTB's interests lie in making money and stroking their egos, it makes sense.
    To get people to watch Atlantis, it makes sense. And TPTB are proabably thinking along those lines, and they shouldn't be. Atlantis is doing fine on it's own. I'm a shipper, I watch Atlantis. I'd watch it without SG-1 characters, although I do love crossovers. But S/J on Atlantis...it would be out of place. It seems that way to me. Atlantis is not about them, and certainly not about their relationship. Not that I wouldn't watch if it did show up on Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      i'll take it!

it's better than what we had in season whine - i mean 9.

sally
      Ok guys I'm pretty new at all this but can someone please tell me that season 10 is NOT the last season for SG1. I would love to see Jack and Sam together but I thought the cast didn't want it to go that way. And I also read that Amanda Tapping wasn't planning on staying on the show once her little girl started grade school?! SG1 will never be the same without RDA & AT!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
        Ok guys I'm pretty new at all this but can someone please tell me that season 10 is NOT the last season for SG1. I would love to see Jack and Sam together but I thought the cast didn't want it to go that way. And I also read that Amanda Tapping wasn't planning on staying on the show once her little girl started grade school?! SG1 will never be the same without RDA & AT!
        Her daughter's a year old! It'll be a while till she starts school! As for this being the last season, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
          I'm curious how many Shippers are watching all the Season 10 episodes or just the 2 with RDA?
          Well I wathched or rather pushed through Season 9 and thus I will continue watching the show until it's final ep.....can't help it as I will find the better in each episode if I can...it takes serious work but it is such an amazing franchise and although believe me it has its negative points it is Stargate and there will never be anything like it after it leaves the air....yayay RDA I'm just glad he will be back, that's some serious withdrawal thank goodness for box sets!!!

-JJ

sig by chlex

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
            Actually, from a purely mercenary POV (like TIIC), it makes a world of sense. S/J shippers are quite likely *not* watching Atlantis. What is the one way to get them to watch? Put Sam and Jack on Atlantis. In much the same way that Jack/RDA was on the Atlantis pilot, it's a way for them to try to get the SG1 fans to cross over to Atlantis who aren't already. And, when it comes down to it, nobody who watches it already will quit just 'cause Sam and Jack are there.

I don't agree, but when you consider that all TPTB's interests lie in making money and stroking their egos, it makes sense.
            Meh I'm a crazy S/J shipper to the core...I watch Atlantis, it will never beat the original SG-1 but it is a good show on its own...you can't begin to compare the two.

I think due to some misinformation or what not everyone is getting feisty (including me!)...we are S/J shippers hear us roar right? Well I am certain (cause I need to think positive) that there is going to be resolution in a good way and in the long run a lot of peeps are going to be very pleased just to see RDA back...that's all I really care about right now and of course the BHK hehe...but the fact that he IS coming back and because AT said so I do believe there will be ship I have a very good outlook on Season 10 (I hope at least lol)

-JJ

sig by chlex

Comment

Originally posted by cute_az_can_be
              Well I am certain (cause I need to think positive) that there is going to be resolution in a good way and in the long run a lot of peeps are going to be very pleased just to see RDA back...that's all I really care about right now and of course the BHK hehe...but the fact that he IS coming back and because AT said so I do believe there will be ship I have a very good outlook on Season 10 (I hope at least lol)

-JJ

i feel the good vibes too! still!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                i feel the good vibes too! still!

sally
                Me, too!!! Ship Ship Hooray!!!

TPTB would have to be idiots to ignore the ship. OK, bad example! LOL!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cute_az_can_be
                  Spoiler:
                  Well wouldn't be the same as an Atlantis episode that crossed over to Earth thus RDA would appear in the said Atlantis ep but it is really at the SGC or at Earth in general?? At least that would make sense for one of the eps and then that would mean AT would be there too.

-JJ
                  What I (and I suspect a lot of other people) want to know is: if RDA is coming back to
                  Spoiler:
                  tie loose ends
                  along with the 200th ep, then why
                  Spoiler:
                  is he going to be on Atlantis at all?

Unless they are eps that are direct crossovers with SG1 or ones where at least part of the action takes place if not on Earth, then at least in the Milky Way galaxy.

If RDA really said something about tying loose ends, then that's the only thing that makes sense.

Actually, am I making sense? I've had no sleep since midday Friday (it's now 3:48pm Saturday where I am)

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                    Goodie I hope you make the announcement here when it's up! Please

Sel, did GW drop all of your Rep points?
                    I'll try to remember to come and announce.

I think GW forums did a refresh, long, long ago and my name got lost in the refresh. At that stage, we didn't have rep points - and Gateworld wasn't half as funkified as it is now.

Ahh, the good old days (of ship)!

Truthfully, I haven't been watching S9, but mostly because I felt that the end of S8 was a good point at which to 'finish' watching the show. Beyond the final five episodes and Gemini, I haven't seen any of S8, and have only seen S7 sporadically up to Heroes 2.

And I'm one of those people who think that S8 ended perfectly and doesn't feel cheated by the ending. Sam/Jack with team - exactly the way I like it. Would it have been nice to have something seriously conclusive? Yep. But I never expected it from TPTB. If they give us outright shippy confirmation, then woohoo! If they don't, then I'll just keep believing that they're seeing each other, just not telling anyone!

Hey, it works for me.

And to the person who asked (I can't remember who), no, 'Secrets and Shadows' isn't on those pages - I have that one up on fanfiction.net instead. (It's 75,000 words, that's a serious bother to HTML!) The new fic is one that's never been published on the web before. It was in the Sam/Jack Horsewomen Zine 'Revelations III' and is called 'Reflections'.

Sel.

Comment

Originally posted by seldear
                      I'll try to remember to come and announce.

I think GW forums did a refresh, long, long ago and my name got lost in the refresh. At that stage, we didn't have rep points - and Gateworld wasn't half as funkified as it is now.

Ahh, the good old days (of ship)!

Truthfully, I haven't been watching S9, but mostly because I felt that the end of S8 was a good point at which to 'finish' watching the show. Beyond the final five episodes and Gemini, I haven't seen any of S8, and have only seen S7 sporadically up to Heroes 2.

And I'm one of those people who think that S8 ended perfectly and doesn't feel cheated by the ending. Sam/Jack with team - exactly the way I like it. Would it have been nice to have something seriously conclusive? Yep. But I never expected it from TPTB. If they give us outright shippy confirmation, then woohoo! If they don't, then I'll just keep believing that they're seeing each other, just not telling anyone!

Hey, it works for me.

And to the person who asked (I can't remember who), no, 'Secrets and Shadows' isn't on those pages - I have that one up on fanfiction.net instead. (It's 75,000 words, that's a serious bother to HTML!) The new fic is one that's never been published on the web before. It was in the Sam/Jack Horsewomen Zine 'Revelations III' and is called 'Reflections'.

Sel.
                      Thanks for the tip on where to find the other fics! I've just spent an evening reading your fics. I started with the S&J romance/fluff/humour stories. Raining Men is a hoot!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                        Thanks for the tip on where to find the other fics! I've just spent an evening reading your fics. I started with the S&J romance/fluff/humour stories. Raining Men is a hoot!!!!
                        Haha - guess which website I've been on all night as well! I had read Raining Men before (it's in my "keep" pile). I don't know how I'd read that one and not the others.
                        sigpic
                        Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

In response to an earlier question I did watch a couple of S9 episodes but only the ones where Amanda had a significant role and to be honest I can't really remember what happened in any of them apart from 'Ripple Effect'. Maybe that makes be a bad Stargate fan but I don't care. I don't like Mitchell and I can't stand Vala. I'll watch any S10 episode with Amanda and/or Rick in main roles (same goes for SGA) but I refuse to watch anything that revolves around the "newbies". Like Amanda said, the show is so successful mainly due to the interpersonal relationships between the [original] team members. If that's gone then the show holds no interest for me.

I wanna see Jack winding Daniel up about his rocks or Teal'c telling one of his obscure Jaffa jokes or Jack making Sam laugh or Sam MacGyvering something to save the planet from impending doom like the good old days not Mitchell trying to be funny or Vala popping up to "save the Universe".

That's just how I feel about the subject.

p.s. Oh, and one more thing, I miss Sam/Amanda smiling! It may sound silly but she didn't seem to smile very much last season, at least not with one of those 'guaranteed to brighten up everyone's day' smiles anyway. When Carter smiles the whole world smiles with her and I want that back.
                          Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

TPTB - Can we have more of this in season 10 please?

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s8/8...er2%5F366.html

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                              TPTB - Can we have more of this in season 10 please?

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s8/8...er2%5F366.html
                              I thinking no see this cute smilie in 10. season ,because no ship S&J , again everything about this is BIG BLUFF, only for rating.
                              IMO no waiting nothing better like a 9. season.
                              Maybe ship in 200. but only like a stupid joke. Yes ai know this is a pesimistic and stupid but i see RE, this matter for me,and say me everything about TPTB and what thinking TPTB about shiper S&J.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav
                                I thinking no see this cute smilie in 10. season ,because no ship S&J , again everything about this is BIG BLUFF, only for rating.
                                IMO no waiting nothing better like a 9. season.
                                Maybe ship in 200. but only like a stupid joke. Yes ai know this is a pesimistic and stupid but i see RE, this matter for me,and say me everything about TPTB and what thinking TPTB about shiper S&J.
                                If it's ratings they want then they're only getting them from me *IF* and *WHEN* I hear that: Amanda/Rick has a VERY significant role in an episode and/or there's some MAJOR shipping involved. Then and only then will I watch those particular episodes. I refuse to support this new SG-1.2 thing they've pushed the show into. I'm a huge AT fan so I'll continue to watch as long as Carter has a large role but after that that's it for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X